Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Underrated and Overrated
Who do you guys think that the most over looked football team this year in the mountains? Then tell me who you guys think the most overrated team this year and try to keep this post peaceful. Every body is entitled to their opinion.
Bashing of players, coaches, or teams will not be tolerated! If anyone does so they will receive an infraction and/or possible suspension.

brown_ind1977, check your private messages!
I think the traditional "good" teams will be good again, Breathitt, Belfry and Russell will fight it out in 3A.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I think the traditional "good" teams will be good again, Breathitt, Belfry and Russell will fight it out in 3A.

Can't disagree with that.
I feel that Breathitt is a little underrated this year. Everyone is knocking on our new qb and doesn't feel that he will be able to take us back to Louisville. I feel that he is better than his brother Justin.
LEWIS CO is underated this year.... just a thought. I think Central is over-rated this year.
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Let's play a game or two before we decide who is over-rated or under-rated. Actually no one is really rated yet!
C. Clair Wrote:I feel that Breathitt is a little underrated this year. Everyone is knocking on our new qb and doesn't feel that he will be able to take us back to Louisville. I feel that he is better than his brother Justin.
Breathitt will be a threat this year and next. Jade Haddix will be taking over the team at QB in his Jr. year, just as his brother did. Justin was a descent QB as a Jr., but did not blossom until his senior year and I think that is what will happen in Jade's case also. The thing Justin did not have was a running game to take the pressure off of him, and Jade does, so that will make the transition easier for Jade. By the end of the season, Breathitt will be strong....I look for them to struggle early, but finish strong because of the "big" games in the regular season...Plus, Belfry and Russell play each other before Breathitt gets them, and that will only help the Bobcats.

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Breathitt will be a threat this year and next. Jade Haddix will be taking over the team at QB in his Jr. year, just as his brother did. Justin was a descent QB as a Jr., but did not blossom until his senior year and I think that is what will happen in Jade's case also. The thing Justin did not have was a running game to take the pressure off of him, and Jade does, so that will make the transition easier for Jade. By the end of the season, Breathitt will be strong....I look for them to struggle early, but finish strong because of the "big" games in the regular season...Plus, Belfry and Russell play each other before Breathitt gets them, and that will only help the Bobcats.
Nicely said, However this year is a whole new year and the outcome may be more different than last year. Your only as good as the opponent lets you be!
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
I think Devilologist is overrated!
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
jgrubby Wrote:Nicely said, However this year is a whole new year and the outcome may be more different than last year. Your only as good as the opponent lets you be!
I agree, different year, different game........Should be a very interesting football season.....! My point is that I would rather play anyone else than Russell and Belfry the week before I had to play either one of these teams. Russell simply layed a beating on Breathitt physically last season and Breathitt had not recovered when they played Belfry. That being said, I really do not think Breathitt would have beaten Belfry last season fresh or not, but it would have been a bit closer in my opinion.

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I agree, different year, different game........Should be a very interesting football season.....!
AGREED!!! We may see the same ole' teams but maybe with a different approach! Where physical football may be the norm, it may just come down to stamina (Spelling) and speed.
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
jgrubby Wrote:AGREED!!! We may see the same ole' teams but maybe with a different approach! Where physical football may be the norm, it may just come down to stamina (Spelling) and speed.
From what I saw of Breathitt at a practice a couple weeks ago, they are a much bigger, faster team than last season's team. The corners and receivers are taller and more athletic, and their line is in shape and healthy. Breathitt seems to always be in great shape, coming back in many fourth quarters in big games. I can not wait until playoff time! Well, time to go to the Taylor County game, talk to yall later.....

I think South Floyd (1a) is underrated. This team seems to be more fisty and ready to make it a team effort to win.
Taylor County was really overrated in my opinion......They have the talent, but need to improve a lot.

C. Clair Wrote:I feel that Breathitt is a little underrated this year. Everyone is knocking on our new qb and doesn't feel that he will be able to take us back to Louisville. I feel that he is better than his brother Justin.

:lmao:
Whitley Co. has not had much attention. They are gonna have a great season.
After watching the game last night I believe Greenup County was highly overrated and Russell may be slightly underrated.
This year the Bobcats will struggle early, but by the end of the season, they will be strong in my opinion. Remember while Justin was a very good QB as a senior, he struggled with inconsistency his junior year, just as Jade will. These "big" games early will only help Jade learn and will benefit him in the end of the season. The Bobcats will be fine.........They will learn more from losing than they ever did winning.

Pikeville is overrated.
UK Wildcat Wrote:Pikeville is overrated.
Depending on what you look at this can be true. If you look at The LHL rankings and see them at #5 in A, then yes I would agree. But my expectations of this teams were lower than what level they performed at friday night.
How can you say Pikeville? They played Corbin, a 2A state title contender, very close.
Overrated - Letcher Central
Underrated - Don't know yet
Letcher Co. Central's offense gets the hype it deserves. However the defense has not proved itself. Yes they are supposed to be experienced but they let Harlan Co. put up some numbers. I think LCC would have put up alot more points if they had not turned the ball over so much. Your defense gives you the insurance in those situations.
You hear alot of talk about Harlan Co. and the new team. Im interested to see if they can live up to the hype.
I definitly think Letcher Central is overated at this time. However, as the season goes on they definitly have the potential too live up to their current rating. It will require much improvement on defense as well as improvement on not turning the ball over. At this time lucky to make top ten. Just my opinion at this time.
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:LEWIS CO is underated this year.... just a thought. I think Central is over-rated this year.

I wish central was overrated so the 3A champ could come from the Eastern half with no interruption at PJCS, but when you can beat the #3 ranked 6A team in the state everywhere but on the scoreboard, I find it very hard to call a team overrated.
JCpride Wrote:You hear alot of talk about Harlan Co. and the new team. Im interested to see if they can live up to the hype.
They had Letcher Central on the ropes in their first ever ball game. They also played without TB TJ Green. I would say Green would have had at least 15 carries in that game.
I think that South Floyd is underrated. They played 3A Magoffin County down to the wire.
True Big Blue Fan Wrote:i think that sf is underrated they played 3a magoffin county down to the wire

Magoffin County is usually one of the weaker 3A teams in the state. Beating them, much less playing them close, would not give any support to South Floyd being underrated.

Let them beat Paintsville, or just play Pikeville close, and you've got an argument.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
UK Wildcat Wrote:Pikeville is overrated.

Yeah! And you also think SF is underrated!LOL