Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Underrated and Overrated
At the half and what do you guys think now!
the most overated is letcher....the most underated would have to be allen central or the harlen black bears
brown_ind1977 Wrote:At the half and what do you guys think now!

I don't know about overrated, but Allen Central has proven to be an underrated team.
And why would it be letcher King360. They have won 15 out of their last 17 games. Sounds to me like they "get-er-done" on a pretty regular basis.
overrated would have to be belfry untill they play a tough team. under rated would have to be lawarnce co thay have played one of the toughest schulde in eastern ky
schs_06 Wrote:overrated would have to be belfry untill they play a tough team. under rated would have to be lawarnce co thay have played one of the toughest schulde in eastern ky

I agree with this, but to say belfry is overrated till someone proves they are is harsh but it is your opinion.
brown_ind1977 Wrote:[/B]

I agree with this, but to say belfry is overrated till someone proves they are is harsh but it is your opinion.

WELL REALLY WHO HAVE THEY PLAYED. THATS A TOP CONTENDER FOR THE 3A CHAMPIONSHIP
schs_06 Wrote:WELL REALLY WHO HAVE THEY PLAYED. THATS A TOP CONTENDER FOR THE 3A CHAMPIONSHIP

That's not an argument. The same could be said for Sheldon Clark or any number of schools. SC has played several nobodies and i decent team in PCC. Louisville Holy Cross is better than anyone SC has played, except they may be about equal to PCC. You play the contenders in November and December. SC is way overrated at number 3. If i was a Russell fan, I would be ticked.
I Wasent Saying Anything Bad About Belfry I Was Just Saying They Are Overrated Just Like Last Year. But We Will Find Out Who Was Over And Under Rated Come Playoff Time When It Really Matters.
schs_06 Wrote:I Wasent Saying Anything Bad About Belfry I Was Just Saying They Are Overrated Just Like Last Year. But We Will Find Out Who Was Over And Under Rated Come Playoff Time When It Really Matters.
I know you weren't saying anything bad about Belfry, but I still don't understand how you say they were overrated last year. Could the poll people honestly put a 5-5 team at the top even though they proved to be the best in the end? Belfry was rated right where they should have been: At or near the top of 3a.
So How Is Sc Overrated They Play Belfry Right Down To The Last Minute Every Year. Yea Belfry Is The Team That Always Beats Sc Out Of Regionals Every Year And Goes On To State. But Everyone Always Think Belfry Is Goin To Win State Every Year And Belfry Is Always Better Than The Year Before Team. Im Goin To Think They Are Overrated Until They Win State This Year
schs_06 Wrote:So How Is Sc Overrated They Play Belfry Right Down To The Last Minute Every Year. Yea Belfry Is The Team That Always Beats Sc Out Of Regionals Every Year And Goes On To State. But Everyone Always Think Belfry Is Goin To Win State Every Year And Belfry Is Always Better Than The Year Before Team. Im Goin To Think They Are Overrated Until They Win State This Year

I agree. I think the LC/ Belfry game shows somthing to be concerned about.
Matman Wrote:I agree. I think the LC/ Belfry game shows somthing to be concerned about.

It may or may not. In the past it hasn't. 2004 Belfry wins a close game at LC 20-18, I believe and goes on to win state and in 2005 Belfry beat LC 14-13 at CAM and went to the final four and lost a great game to Russell.
yea but this belfry team is no where near 04 and 05 team is. they really dont have the players like they used to. dont get me wrong tho they do have good players but not like doug howard or david jones
How the heck was Belfry overrated last year?

They made the State Finals, wnet 14-1, and destroyed every team in their path except for Lu. Central including dominating wins against Johnson Central, Corbin, Sheldon Clark (2X), Breathitt County, and Pikeville?

SC fans are dillusional every year until Belfry comes in and gives them an attitude adjustment. SC has played Belfry close TWICE in the last 15 years.

You do realize Belfry has been to the Finals 3 of the Last 5 seasons and have won 2 State Titles don't you?

Belfry usually backs up their ranking, unlike another team who frequently reaches the Top 5 of their class only to get knocked out in the second round of the playoffs...who could that team be?
schs_06 Wrote:yea but this belfry team is no where near 04 and 05 team is. they really dont have the players like they used to. dont get me wrong tho they do have good players but not like doug howard or david jones

Nope you are right, no jones or howard, but plenty enough talent to get back to the carpet.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:How the heck was Belfry overrated last year?

They made the State Finals, wnet 14-1, and destroyed every team in their path except for Lu. Central including dominating wins against Johnson Central, Corbin, Sheldon Clark (2X), Breathitt County, and Pikeville?

SC fans are dillusional every year until Belfry comes in and gives them an attitude adjustment. SC has played Belfry close TWICE in the last 15 years.

You do realize Belfry has been to the Finals 3 of the Last 5 seasons and have won 2 State Titles don't you?

Belfry usually backs up their ranking, unlike another team who frequently reaches the Top 5 of their class only to get knocked out in the second round of the playoffs...who could that team be?
I am glad you are on here EKU, its been a long afternoon fighting the SC and JC fans who like to blow the smoke, but have very little ammo or results from years past or present to back it up.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:How the heck was Belfry overrated last year?

sheldon clark has played close more than twice the past 15 years ok. im almost postive sc beat belfry in 06 at sc but belfry beat the at home in the regional finals. and im pretty sure they beat them 10 years ago when sc won regionals. sc is a tough team to play every year. they have been right up there with belfry the past couple of year. you all are the ones that say belfry is going to win state every year and until they win it this year im goin to think they are over rated thats my opinon.
schs_06 Wrote:sheldon clark has played close more than twice the past 15 years ok. im almost postive sc beat belfry in 06 at sc but belfry beat the at home in the regional finals. and im pretty sure they beat them 10 years ago when sc won regionals. sc is a tough team to play every year. they have been right up there with belfry the past couple of year. you all are the ones that say belfry is goijn to win state every year and until they win it this year im goin to think they are over rated thats my opinon.

:confused:

So your saying that Belfry is overrated if they don't win state?
BlackcatAlum Wrote::confused:

So your saying that Belfry is overrated if they don't win state?

yea i am. all the hype that everyone gives them every year that they will win state and this years team is better than last years. yea they are over rated if they dont win state
schs_06 Wrote:sheldon clark has played close more than twice the past 15 years ok. im almost postive sc beat belfry in 06 at sc but belfry beat the at home in the regional finals. and im pretty sure they beat them 10 years ago when sc won regionals. sc is a tough team to play every year. they have been right up there with belfry the past couple of year. you all are the ones that say belfry is goijn to win state every year and until they win it this year im goin to think they are over rated thats my opinon.

Yep SC you are right. You listed the two times that SC has played Belfry close in the last fifteen years: the two years they beat Belfry in the last 10. Go back to 1982 and you will find the other time they beat the Pirates. I will say it once and I will say it again. Sheldon Clark is the single most overrated football team in the mountains. Good: yes. Number 3 in the state: no way, and if they are then go ahead and schedule Belfry and Central for the championship cause SC will not stop the Pirates.
bucslover68 Wrote:Yep SC you are right. You listed the two times that SC has played Belfry close in the last fifteen years: the two years they beat Belfry in the last 10. Go back to 1982 and you will find the other time they beat the Pirates. I will say it once and I will say it again. Sheldon Clark is the single most overrated football team in the mountains. Good: yes. Number 3 in the state: no way, and if they are then go ahead and schedule Belfry and Central for the championship cause SC will not stop the Pirates.

i guess we will have to wait till late oct when belfry plays sc at sc on home coming
schs_06 Wrote:yea i am. all the hype that everyone gives them every year that they will win state and this years team is better than last years. yea they are over rated if they dont win state

Well Belfry has deserved the right over the past 5 years to be given a chance at winning state haven't they? They've been to Louisville 3 times during this 5 year span and it looks like they will more than likely go again this year.

All I'm saying is that Belfry has deserved the right to be in state championship discussion.
bucslover68 Wrote:I am glad you are on here EKU, its been a long afternoon fighting the SC and JC fans who like to blow the smoke, but have very little ammo or results from years past or present to back it up.

You have one or two fans on here who are blowing smoke. Most SC fans respect Belfry and their talent year in and out. Don't get on here and down SC's program and fans over a few. SC has the luck of being ranked 3rd in the state with the #1 team being in their district. I'm sure they have been as good or bettter than some of the other teams who have made it deep into the playoffs over the years who has not had to face belfry right off the bat. How many other schools have district teams who are ranked in the top and meet up early?
schs_06 Wrote:i guess we will have to wait till late oct when belfry plays sc at sc on home coming

Yep I guess so, and i can't wait. I enjoy the going back and forth with ya. For you and your JC friends keep this in mind. 41-3. That is the all-time record of Belfry versus Sheldon Clark and JC combined. The sad part is that the Cards have the 3 victories. So unless you are Prestonsburg, 20 victories, or Pikeville, 18 victories, or Russell, 11 victories, I would not worry about Belfry being overrated until i change the balance of the W-L column a little in my team's favor. (BTW, these numbers are out of the 2008 Belfry season program and are known to be pretty accurate. I apologize if they are not correct).
Hail Mary Wrote:You have one or two fans on here who are blowing smoke. Most SC fans respect Belfry and their talent year in and out. Don't get on here and down SC's program and fans over a few. SC has the luck of being ranked 3rd in the state with the #1 team being in their district. I'm sure they have been as good or bettter than some of the other teams who have made it deep into the playoffs over the years who has not had to face belfry right off the bat. How many other schools have district teams who are ranked in the top and meet up early?

true. good post. and for the record belfry has a done really good the past 5 years. but until they win state this year they are over rated
i mean they are #1 in 3a right if they dont win than that would make them over rated
Hail Mary Wrote:You have one or two fans on here who are blowing smoke. Most SC fans respect Belfry and their talent year in and out. Don't get on here and down SC's program and fans over a few. SC has the luck of being ranked 3rd in the state with the #1 team being in their district. I'm sure they have been as good or bettter than some of the other teams who have made it deep into the playoffs over the years who has not had to face belfry right off the bat. How many other schools have district teams who are ranked in the top and meet up early?
All I am saying is that to get on here and disrespect Belfry is insane given their performance the last 5 plus years. You are right, one or two people like to blow most of the smoke, but please have them bring some substantial info to the argument. Here are the numbers for Belfry's games since the start of the 2003 season. 79 possible games. 77 games played. 67-10 in those games. 2 titles, 1 runner-up, and 2 final fours. If any program deserves the respect, it is Belfry. BTW, i like to blow some smoke too, but I always try to back it up with some good solid information or opinion.
bucslover68 Wrote:All I am saying is that to get on here and disrespect Belfry is insane given their performance the last 5 plus years. You are right, one or two people like to blow most of the smoke, but please have them bring some substantial info to the argument. Here are the numbers for Belfry's games since the start of the 2003 season. 79 possible games. 77 games played. 67-10 in those games. 2 titles, 2 runners-up, and 2 final fours. If any program deserves the respect, it is Belfry.

who is disrespecting them all i said is they are over rated untill they beat a great team yes they are ranked 1 in 3a so i mean if they dont win state that would consider them over rated wouldnt it
schs_06 Wrote:true. good post. and for the record belfry has a done really good the past 5 years. but until they win state this year they are over rated

How are they over-rated now? Runner-up last year, rated where they should be at this time.