Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Freshman Football Players in the Mountains
Jed Clampett Wrote:Sheldon Clark has two in running back/linebacker Kristian Skyles and quarterback/defensive back BJ Jarrell.TongueirateSho

I totally agree with you Jed Clampett. These two boys are great athletes. Expect to hear their names for awhile.
Logan Johnson by far, best QB in the mountains maybe the state at the fresh. level. Not to bad at safety either, shoot if they wanted to move him up he'd be the best linebacker that they have. JJ Jude is good, I watched him play twice last year as an 8th grader over here in Whitesburg but watched them shut him down twice in a two week span. He's good but not even the 2nd best fresh in the mountains, I think the Linebacker from Perry is the real deal, he goes 100 miles per hour 100% of the time. Just my opinion though, I've not watched Jude play this year and he may have improved greatly, he was the best player on that team last year. I do like the Skyles kid from Sheldon Clark, he's got game and I hear he has a great work ethic.
Matt Robinson from Perry Central is leading the team in tackles. He plays OLB
cougarman0803 Wrote:so much for that prediction. first game lcc stomped em! now if i may add...lcc's freshmen wont lose a game Cool

i wouldnt say LCC "stomped' em". 20-14,but they did beat them. i saw that game it was one heck of a game.
Lambert #1 Wrote:Logan Johnson by far, best QB in the mountains maybe the state at the fresh. level. Not to bad at safety either, shoot if they wanted to move him up he'd be the best linebacker that they have. JJ Jude is good, I watched him play twice last year as an 8th grader over here in Whitesburg but watched them shut him down twice in a two week span. He's good but not even the 2nd best fresh in the mountains, I think the Linebacker from Perry is the real deal, he goes 100 miles per hour 100% of the time. Just my opinion though, I've not watched Jude play this year and he may have improved greatly, he was the best player on that team last year. I do like the Skyles kid from Sheldon Clark, he's got game and I hear he has a great work ethic.
You have a keen eye for talent, this would be (IMO) the 'A' list for freshmen. I have seen all these boys in action and have coached for or against all four.They are really good kids too, great attitudes.They love to play the game and it shows.
cardinal mom Wrote:I totally agree with you Jed Clampett. These two boys are great athletes. Expect to hear their names for awhile.

Skyles and Jarrell are very good athletes, as well as JJ Jude from Johnson Central, wish we still had him with these boys at SC.
JJ Jude from Jc he is just a tremendous athelete that can do just bout anything run, block, defend, tackle. of course he is just a freshman so he is goin to make mistakes at a varsity level but i see him bein one of the best players ever to play at jchs
Keepnitreal Wrote:J.J. Jude from Johnson Central is a phenominal athlete. He is great at whatever he does.

I totally agree. J.J. Jude is an all around athlete who knows how to get the job done!!:1:
from powell county pirates
#56 frank spencer
#50 jacob conner
#60 dustyn crowe
all is line man
Trey Willis (Belfry) Runs the ball hard and fast
Justin Smith (Pike Central) can run the ball hard
Chanon Anderson (Shelby Valley) is fast and hard
Gavin Miller (Pikeville) has speed and somewhat hard
You all are wrong if u want a back go to belfry and watch Gary Runyon play the kids 6'1 and 185 punds and runs a 5'1 40 time if u can take that kid down u have to be a man. I watched him paly in the Magoffin Co. game and he had 6 carries for 50 yards a td and about 9 tackels on defense.
betsylaynealum Wrote:2 freshmen that will help Betsy Layne and will hear about them for the next four years is Korey Jarrell and Austin Hall.

Remember those two names..

why would anybody want to remember anything froim betsy layne footballl...they can't even beat south floyd....lol....is it just me or is their always someone from betsy layyne and south floyd always bragging about how much football talent they have?...yet each team goes out and gets utterly obliterated year after year
cj2561 Wrote:jordan campbell from hazard....

I Doubt This. Seriously Who Is This Kid?....Is He Even On Hazard's Team?
cj2561 Wrote:Jordan Campbell is 6' 185.... He can bench 250, the other ones i don't know. i know that because i make him lift ever night.... He might can do more then that, but that is all i get right now. I have to go and get some more weighs....

?????????????? Still Have The Slightest Clue Who You Are Talking About Here!...Oh Wait I Think He Was The Kid Laying Under The Bench A Few Weeks Back When I Was Walking :Clap: . Yea I Really Think He Can Play If Thats The Same Kid.
kymom Wrote:Perry Central Matt Robinson Linebacker is a beast in 5 Games he has had 56 tackles 23 Assisted tackles, 2 Fumbles rec, 1 Interception, He play like senior but just a freshman. 6ft 1 200lbs. he is for real. And he just turn 15 this month.

This Guy Is A Monster. He Was Destroying Hazards Offense During The Hazard/Perry Game. I Think He Had An Interception, and A Crap Load Of Tackles. Olinger Couldnt Do Anything!
kymom Wrote:Perry Central Matt Robinson Linebacker is a beast in 5 Games he has had 56 tackles 23 Assisted tackles, 2 Fumbles rec, 1 Interception, He play like senior but just a freshman. 6ft 1 200lbs. he is for real. And he just turn 15 this month.

He just turned 14 this past June.....my mistake.
Tanner Bratton of JCHS.......ooops hes a sophmore Smile
JJ Jude would be your guy for the freshman seat
Boggs, Brunty, Blair, Stidham, hall , Johnson, Bentley and the rest of the team from wms last year. this group of boys will not be able to be stopped if they could only get the other teams to show up and quit canceling on them every game i think they have only played 2 games all season and they were both road games. come on people give them a chance to play and bring your teams to the games and don't lie about having other games on the same day because those things can be checked out.
Logan Johnson is BAR NONE the best freshman..IN THE STATE OF KENTUCKY! Not Eastern Ky, but the entire state of Kentucky!

Matt Robinson is still 14. but devin turner on perry centrals team is really good to. I think he started last game at fullback for them
Last year Whitesburg shut Jude down with ease. Not once but twice. Let me tell you this without Logan Johnson. LCC has the best running back to Drew Bentley already running a 4.6 forty and he is dominating freshman games rite now. So write it down Johson is and was and is yet to be the next big thing. Then running a close second would be Drew. I watched Jude last year guys. He is not even in these guys league. I tell you what tell that coach to call Hillard Howard and schedule a fresman game. These two Future All-staters will turn you people into belivers quick. They are looken for games so I know they will play you Home or away. Just one call thats all.
White Lotus Wrote:why would anybody want to remember anything froim betsy layne footballl...they can't even beat south floyd....lol....is it just me or is their always someone from betsy layyne and south floyd always bragging about how much football talent they have?...yet each team goes out and gets utterly obliterated year after year
Well, for one their White Lotus,Betsy Layne did win over South Floyd,and for two there going to the playoffs,first time in 31 years,so dont judge every year from past seasons. They actually won over south floyd before this post, so you should check out the scoreboard before posting....lol....
Matt Robinson from Perry now has 1 interception, 2 fumble recoveries, 81 solo tackles and 31 assisted tackles. Obviously he is leading the team in tackles as well. Kid is a monster.
J.J Jude???? Don't make me laugh..... He is not even in the class with Drew Bentley of LCC who I think is the best freshman in the mountains hands down. Yes Logan Johnson is good and should have a good highschool career. However, people talk about him like he has a future as some kind of professional athlete. Or that he is heads above everyone else in the mountains. All I have to say is more than likely there are going to be alot of dissapointed people. Those kind of players come along 1 per million and I sure would not want to put my money on it. Plus this young man does not need that kind of pressure.
Have you seen Jude play?
Leonardo,
I usually love your posts but I just don't know where this one came from. Johnson is for real, got a cannon for an arm, runs the ball as hard as Bentley does and has a football IQ that's off the charts. I would agree that he and Bentley are neck and neck as far as talent goes but man you pretty much bashed Johnson and that's not like you. He's 15 years old 6'1 and strong as a bull, should be playing linebacker right now but Coach Howard is keeping him at safety for obvious reasons. Drew is definitely faster but he by no means runs the ball harder, he runs away from tackles and is great at it and Johnson takes on tacklers for a past time, nice 1-2 punch in my opinion. I'm just glad we have both of these great talents on one team, as far as I'm concerned they should be co-MVP's of this fresh/JV team this year. They compliment each other so well, that's why both of them have had over the top fresh. years.
Pikeville Kolby McPeeK,Gavin Miller and Randy Maynard there JV beat Belfry this year.
mexican yao#60 Wrote:from powell county pirates
#56 frank spencer
#50 jacob conner
#60 dustyn crowe
all is line man

Dustyn Crowe??? LMAO!! From what I have seen, he hasn't ever got to play varsity. Maybe one game but that was because Powell was up by alot. Frank and Jacob makes contributions to the team, but not Dustyn Crowe. Wow..
just wait.this perry central team will be real good with this years freshman and sohpmores and next years freshmen.theyll be one of the best teams in the mountains