Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Freshman Football Players in the Mountains
Anyone have any ideas who will be some of the best freshman in the mountains? Are there any who can possibly play and have an impact on the varsity team
Randy Maynard from Pikeville.
What position does he play?
Joseph Jamerson - Prestonsburg

Jamerson is the younger brother of Nick and Clay Jamerson, he ran track for the high school in 7th & 8th grade, he finished 4th in hurdles his 8th grade year.

Joseph will be the third option as a Prestonsburg wide-out behind Austin Gearheart and Matt Sword.
I dont think that Joseph is the best freshman that Prestonsburg has coming in, I would have to say it would be Adam Crisp which will be back up QB.
Black_Rebel23 Wrote:I dont think that Joseph is the best freshman that Prestonsburg has coming in, I would have to say it would be Adam Crisp which will be back up QB.

I have to disagree with you, Adam still has a lot of maturing left to do as Joseph is already standing at 6'1. Yes, both need to gain strength but Joseph will be the one receiving varsity time this season.

Prestonsburg has a very bright future ahead of them with Joseph, Adam, and current 8th grader Bryson Williams coming in next season, all three of those players will be the future playmakers of this program within the next 2-3 seasons.
58fan Wrote:what position does he play?

He plays tight-end.
2 freshmen that will help Betsy Layne and will hear about them for the next four years is Korey Jarrell and Austin Hall.

Remember those two names..
Joseph Jamerson is going to be a star for the Blackcats in the years to come, but I also agree with Black Rebel that Adam Crisp is going to be very good also.
Black_Rebel23 Wrote:I dont think that Joseph is the best freshman that Prestonsburg has coming in, I would have to say it would be Adam Crisp which will be back up QB.

Adam has a bright future with the Cats, but like BlackcatAlum said Jamerson is the best of this Freshmen class. Physically is ready to compete at the highschool level, and would probably start for most teams in this area at WR if it not be for having two really good wr in front of him.
Logan Johnson-Freshman QB @ Letcher Central....Just mark it down that I said so.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Logan Johnson-Freshman QB @ Letcher Central....Just mark it down that I said so.

Is he from the Couch bloodline?
J.J. Jude from Johnson Central is a phenominal athlete. He is great at whatever he does.
throw deep Wrote:Is he from the Couch bloodline?

Yeah, if I'm not mistaking he is Tim Couch's cousin.
Also, from LCC is Ryan Hall, who from one of the coaches I heard said he would probably be starting on the O-Line as a Freshman.
42HaRdHiTtEr42 Wrote:yeh if im not mistaking he is Tim Couch's cousin
He is Tim's first cousin. I can remember when Logan went to a football camp as a 5th grader @ UK and Breathitt County's Coach Mike Holcomb picking Logan out to show the high school QB's the proper technique in throwing a football. He will play MAJOR D1 football/basketball/baseball one day. Just a great kid also! From your Godfather, lol..Just a little biased I guess..but those who have seen him play will agree.
I don't know about d-1, but I think that sydney fields will be something special before it is over.
Jshort5 Wrote:Also, from LCC is Ryan Hall, who from one of the coaches I heard said he would probably be starting on the O-Line as a Freshman.

I don't know which coach told you that but Ryan will not be starting O-Line, maybe on Freshman or JV but not Varsity.
Cody Taylor 5'7 165lb RB/LB is going to make some noise for the HC Bears in the future.
Sheldon Clark has two in running back/linebacker Kristian Skyles and quarterback/defensive back BJ Jarrell.TongueirateSho
The Harlan County Bears should have a pretty good freshman team. They get some good athletes from the middle school level. Cody Taylor, Marcus McMillian, Stephen Dozier, just to name a few. Don't know where these boys will play with a freshmen team or JV. I know this is about varsity level but I can never pass up the opportunity to cheer for my former patriots.
From some other threads I believe I heard Middlesboro will be starting a freshman at QB, the coaches son. He is supposed to be something special. Can't think of his name to save my life!
Patriot Wrote:From some other threads I believe I heard Middlesboro will be starting a freshman at QB, the coaches son. He is supposed to be something special. Can't think of his name to save my life!

Chase Roark.
Harlan County's Freshmen team won't lose this year. I know how that sounds, but for real, they are that good. Harlan County's future looks very bright! Their backfield is awesome and their line will be HUGE. Mike Smith could clear a hole big enough for a bulldozier to drive through.
Logan Johnson, from Letcher Central.All I can say is let the hype begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If they aren't at the carpet by the time Logan is a senior then we've failed as a team.
michael blair one of the best freshman lineman in the mountains!! he goes to lcc
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Logan Johnson-Freshman QB @ Letcher Central....Just mark it down that I said so.

So do you think he is going to take Charlie Banks position???
Gavin Miller from Pikeville will be pretty good and so would Maynard.
Yes for Middlesboro it will be Coach Roarks son, Chase Roark. He will be the starting QB for Middlesboro the next 4 years. They said he has done very good in practices this year. Was a very good middle school QB. Hes Tall and Athletic with great speed and mobility. The kid should be fun to watch for the next 4 years.