Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Freshman Football Players in the Mountains
Belfry

#13 Gary Runyon
#8 Trey Willis

Saw those kids on varsity special teams last Friday.
Logan Johnson lcc i play with he will be big news real soon
Trey Willis from Belfry and Justin Smith from Pike Central

theres a couple from Pikeville
zach blanton from hazard
I do not have stats on the JV game against Pikeville but Logan Johnson did see time on the varsity. He recorded 6 solo and 3 assisted tackles against Harlan Co. To me that is showing up big as a freshman. LCC did not waste any time putting his skills to use. I believe he led the defense if i am not mistaken. So as of right now the hype is legtimate
K.P. Skyles from Sheldon Clark, this kid is brute nd i heard he bench's over 250 pounds. Thats amazing for a freshmen.
Word is Logan Johnson took some varsity snaps vs. Greenup Co. 3-3 passing is the info i have thus far with 2 TD's one going for 52 yards i think he hit another freshmen down field.
Sheldon Clark running back/linebacker Kristian Skyles and quarterback/defensive back BJ Jarrell.
jordan campbell from hazard....
Logan Johnson by far is the best freshman right now.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Logan Johnson by far is the best freshman right now.
maybe on lcc team, and position wise (qb) HE MAYBE very good ,but saying, by far the best freshman is ridiculous. There are 11 different positions on each side of the ball and I'm sure there are freshmen better at their positions, than him trying to play (out of position )in 10 other spots on the gridiron.Take for instance, Kristian Skyles of Sheldon Clark, a freshman RB/LB, (FOCUS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL COMBINE AWARD WINNER as the top freshman) runs 4.70 40yard dash, bench press(185 lbs. reps) 14 times, max 275 lbs. these stats are not team or coach biased they are actual results from the combine. B.J. Jarrell, Sheldon Clark, QB/S, another outstanding freshman. Both of them play major roles for the varsity team on special teams and defense. J.J. Jude from Johnson County, another freshman that starts at corner for the varsity team.Joseph Jamerson , Prestonsburg, WR/DB. Those are just a few, I'm sure Logan Johnson is in that catagory, but there are good freshmen playing on teams such as Belfry, Perry County, Breathitt,Hazard, Russell,etc. This is a credit to their middle school and youth programs. I would really like to see all of this freshman talent play on an Eastern KY allstar team.:thumpsup:
Shawn Zeiters is a beast
If you are looking for the best freshman in the mountains, you can find him in Johnson County. His name is JJ JUDE
brown_ind1977 Wrote:If you are looking for the best freshman in the mountains, you can find him in Johnson County. His name is JJ JUDE

During the Bryan Station game last night, fans got to see what the future holds for J.J. He was very impressive on defense and also on offense during the time that Nate and Chase were out with cramps.
Someone to watch is Travis Smith QB at Corbin. Injured his knee and had surgery or had a good chance to start as a freshman. Hes 6'2 throws a great ball and has moxy.
Jude is goin to be a great player if he keeps his drive........He's only a freshman and weighs no more than 160 and can out bench most of the lineman on the team...........during the BS game he had a pick 6 from about 60 so odd yards out then late in the game a 30 yard touchdown in which he had to lay out and stretch the ball across the pylon for the score now name another freshman in this area that has done anything close to this??????
It's all about J.J JUDE! No one can stop him.
Jordan Campbell, he will be able to play next week for Hazard..... Hazard get 2 or 3 other ones that can be on this....
Jordan Campbell is 6' 185.... He can bench 250, the other ones i don't know. i know that because i make him lift ever night.... He might can do more then that, but that is all i get right now. I have to go and get some more weighs....
sounds like hes a athlete but Jude is summen else.......maybe in week 8 we will get to see who's the cream of the crop!!!
one of the better recievers is Matt Boggs. hes a freshman from lcc
Justin Smith from Pike Central
Mama Bear Wrote:Harlan County's Freshmen team won't lose this year. I know how that sounds, but for real, they are that good. Harlan County's future looks very bright! Their backfield is awesome and their line will be HUGE. Mike Smith could clear a hole big enough for a bulldozier to drive through.

so much for that prediction. first game lcc stomped em! now if i may add...lcc's freshmen wont lose a game Cool
Tyler Moore from South Floyd is a pretty good player, he has taken every snap for the raiders this season i just hope this season doesnt stick with him promising career if he can put this one behind him
BatCat11 Wrote:Sheldon Clark running back/linebacker Kristian Skyles and quarterback/defensive back BJ Jarrell.

I agree with BatCat11
cougarman0803 Wrote:so much for that prediction. first game lcc stomped em! now if i may add...lcc's freshmen wont lose a game Cool

LOL I stand corrected!
How old is Jude though? 17?
cougarman0803 Wrote:so much for that prediction. first game lcc stomped em! now if i may add...lcc's freshmen wont lose a game Cool

I think it was 20-14. Letcher is the best freshmen team I've seen, but Harlan County is pretty strong at 4-1. A game at Bell on Monday will be a very good test.

Johnson is very impressive, and Letcher has several other good freshmen. McMillian and Taylor weren't at full strength in the earlier meeting, so Harlan County may be more competitive in the rematch.
The Harlan County Black Bear's Freshmen team beat Bell County tonight 28-20. Good job Black Bears!!! :Cheerlead
Perry Central Matt Robinson Linebacker is a beast in 5 Games he has had 56 tackles 23 Assisted tackles, 2 Fumbles rec, 1 Interception, He play like senior but just a freshman. 6ft 1 200lbs. he is for real. And he just turn 15 this month.