Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Freshman Football Players in the Mountains
the giant Wrote:So do you think he is going to take Charlie Banks position???

No, PB5 was saying next year I think, since Banks will be a senior this upcoming school year.
58fan Wrote:Are there any who can possibly play and have an impact on the varsity team

PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Logan Johnson-Freshman QB @ Letcher Central....Just mark it down that I said so.

Not the way I read it, but maybe so.
the giant Wrote:Not the way I read it, but maybe so.
I think Logan as a freshman is one of LCC's top players regardless if he starts at Qb this year. Charlie is a dandy but there is alot of things that the coaching staff could do with these 2 players as I am sure they will do since they are a VERY knowledgable staff! Ben is a defensive coaches nightmare with his offense. But I will say this. I do not see how the Cougars can keep an athlete like that off of the field on offense or defense. He is a headhunter on the defensive side of the ball as well. You win by having your best 11 athletes on the field. And Logan is a top 3 right now IMO! Like I said..I am a little biased so, lol. Best of Luck Cougars!
No he will not take over for Banks until the board is nailed down with points. Charlie may not have the natural ability but he is the solid leader for that team and will be an ideal mentor. I can see Logan hanging tight to Hillard`s hip as well as the defensive coordinator. 2009 we will start the hype if there is any to be had. Tim was a dynamo and that is so rare.
JJ Jude, without a doubt!
Harlan Co. should have one heck of a freshman team this year.
DaBears Wrote:Harlan Co. should have one heck of a freshman team this year.
I know they had a great Middle School team the last 2 years. I wish Letcher County would have consolidated all of there middle school teams a couple of years ago as they are doing this year.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I know they had a great Middle School team the last 2 years. I wish Letcher County would have consolidated all of there middle school teams a couple of years ago as they are doing this year.

Thats a good move for Letcher County.It will help your football progrem in the future.Good luck Letcher
Could someone post LCC freshman and JV schedule's please?
I also would like to mention Austin and Justin Bentley. They will attend Jenkins as freshmen. These two are twins and have good size and strength. If they can add speed to that list in a couple of years these boys could be awesome linebacker duo or defensive ends. Perhaps the best in the mountains.
I'm thinking Jay White from Perry Central will be a big impact player and Devin Turner from Perry.
Finally, Leslie Co. has there Middle School Program going in the right direction and has sent the high school a deep and talented group of Freshmen. Highlighted by these guys.

Hobart Asher 6'4 1/2 240 TE/MLB
Troy Napier 6'1 178 QB/DE
David Morgan 6'0 170 WR/OLB
John Brewer 6'1 190 FB/MLB
Dylan Hacker 6'2 180 TE/DE

With 15 freshmen out at the high school. And 28 8th graders out at the middle school, and 52 total, maybe Leslie Co. can get back to playing some football.
Joseph Jamerson could end up being a very special talent at Prestonsburg !
Jamerson is a good athlete and has some pretty good speed, but as also said earlier I think JJ Jude from Johnson Central deserves to be mentioned as well.
*Edited by BGR Staff for spelling/grammar. Please use correct spelling and grammar the next time you post.*
I heard the Gary Runyon kid from Belfry looks extra impressive so far. Does anyone know anything about him?
Knox Central has a good one in Cody Diamond. With a pretty solid team at KC this year he may not see the field much. But when his time comes he should be a stud.
The Runyon kid is a great athlete. I watched him play last year and in the recent scrimmage Belfry had. He has some work to do, but if your looking for a kid to watch come to one of Belfrys JV or freshman games and he'll give you a show. He needs to work on his speed but before its all over, he'll more than likely playing on Friday nights.
Joseph Jamerson BY FAR, but must give credit to Adam Crisp as well.
iv'e heard some good things about adms this year. any one know anything about them???
Yes Playboy you may be biased, but you still speak the truth. Logan Johnson is a great athlete as well as a great young man.
How tall is he, and how much does he weigh?
Josh Blankenship from Phelps. He's the back up QB, he's really talented, he's got quick feet and a pretty good arm to be a freshman.

*Edited by BGR Staff for spelling/grammar. Please use correct spelling and grammar the next time you post.*
Joseph Jamerson is a really good freshman.
Jordan Campbell, could be in there, but he is not going to play this year so he can see his dad more. They gave his dad 2 months to live, he is a 6'1 190 LB/FB. Other then that I don't know any other FR.

What grade is JJ Jude in now?
Johnson Central?
That kid's as strong as any upperclassmen.

I guess this forums dead?
Footballhillbilly25 Wrote:Josh Blankenship from Phelps. He's the back up QB, he's really talented, he's got quick feet and a pretty good arm to be a freshman.

He is not even the best freshmen on the team in most peoples eyes so how is he one of the top, I know that last year he lost games for phelps jr. high team and when I watched them their were to better players on the team(#5,#14) unless he has grew up some and stoped throwing the ball into places that most senior QB's couldn't fit it in than he has no future at signal caller. If he improves his D-fence he might make it at CB or Safety.
THUGLIFE#1 Wrote:JJ Jude, without a doubt!

JJ is a good player but hes still green. As the year goes on JJ may become a factor but, as for now hes definetly not the X-factor
JJ Jude will play a big factor in the rookie colum. The kid is a player, and could play at the next level by his senior year. Play on PLAYER!:rockon: