Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Freshman Football Players in the Mountains
Eagle_Fan442 Wrote:JJ Jude would be your guy for the freshman seat

I would have to agree with that. He is third in tackles on a 5a team. How many other freshmen can say that. I think he also has around four hundred to five hundred yards rushing with a few touchdowns, 1 or two kickoffs returned for touchdowns, an a interception for a touchdown. Give me stats better than that I might agree with you. IMO he is the best freshman around.
slingblade93 Wrote:I would have to agree with that. He is third in tackles on a 5a team. How many other freshmen can say that. I think he also has around four hundred to five hundred yards rushing with a few touchdowns, 1 or two kickoffs returned for touchdowns, an a interception for a touchdown. Give me stats better than that I might agree with you. IMO he is the best freshman around.

I agree to, Jude has put up impresive numbers and performed on a team that has played a very tough 5A schedule.
Miller from Pikeville...best all around player,can prob. play anywhere on the field....
next year when jordon olinger (the 3rd of the olinger dynasty at hazard) shows up, he's going to be a real head turner at more than one position. watch out, this kid's a beast.
hazard_tailgater2010 Wrote:next year when jordon olinger (the 3rd of the olinger dynasty at hazard) shows up, he's going to be a real head turner at more than one position. watch out, this kid's a beast.

I heard from a few player, if Jordan Olinger will be the QB. That they will go to another school or wont play next year. I am sick of Hazard trying to make the Olinger better then they really are. To be a 16 year old fr next year. He might not be able to play his SR year.
The Freshamn qb @ LCC is awesome. I'm not sure his name but someone said he was related to Tim Couch?? We played them twice this year and he is GREAT!!!
:Thumbs:
Wow, a Hazard person bashing an Olinger with all the talent he has. He played against our team this year in Letcher County and in my book he's one of the best looking junior high players I have seen in a while. If Hazard doesn't want him he's welcome to enroll at Letcher County Central. Sounds like a little jealousy to me going on in Hazard.
CougarBabe Wrote:Leonardo,
I usually love your posts but I just don't know where this one came from. Johnson is for real, got a cannon for an arm, runs the ball as hard as Bentley does and has a football IQ that's off the charts. I would agree that he and Bentley are neck and neck as far as talent goes but man you pretty much bashed Johnson and that's not like you. He's 15 years old 6'1 and strong as a bull, should be playing linebacker right now but Coach Howard is keeping him at safety for obvious reasons. Drew is definitely faster but he by no means runs the ball harder, he runs away from tackles and is great at it and Johnson takes on tacklers for a past time, nice 1-2 punch in my opinion. I'm just glad we have both of these great talents on one team, as far as I'm concerned they should be co-MVP's of this fresh/JV team this year. They compliment each other so well, that's why both of them have had over the top fresh. years.
Cougar Babe not bashing the kid. He is going to be a great one no doubt. However, please keep the pressure off the kid. Let him relax and do what he can. He is a long way from making it big time it is a hugh step. He may make it that is for sure. However, I am just saying most times expectations are set to high. You think he doesn't read or hear about this stuff? Duh..... He does not need this pressure. Football is as much mental as it is physical. I truly believe Drew Bentley is the best freshman in the mountains at this time and Johnson is a close second. I am sorry that my post may have come off the wrong way, but sometimes the truth hurts.
LCC has several good freshmen players that will have an impact/are playing this year.

That group is highlighted by the super frosh Logan Johnson. He is a phenomenal athlete.