•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville's Devan Adams to Shelby Valley
Panther Thunder Wrote:
If the change was for a reason other than purely athletics and it is a family issue than that's one thing.
If it is family reasons, it is different. I guess no one read that part. I'm just going on what I've heard. Until something is proven, no one knows.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Smile Yeah, it was funny!

prestigious!

Excuse me if I was in a hurry.
As I have said before on other threads, we need to be thankful for the good men and women we have coaching our kids. For the most part they really try to help prepare them for much more than sports. We should not be putting others down who are in there trying. What does it really matter if Pikeville or anyone else is not as good a SV in basketball, everyone has their own strengths. Just hope no one treats you and your program the same as you have just done........ I do understand we sometimes say things without really thinking them through. Lets stick with the part of wishing everyone the best whatever happens........
jetpilot Wrote:I agree with just about everything you said, except the DPM part. This thread is not about him. He is not even the head coach at Pikeville. And I know a lot of people that like him. That part of your post sounds like a personal beef.
I am glad that you agree with most of my post. I have no personal beef with DPM. I just stated what I hear from the kids and what I see out of his belligerent self.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:prestigious!

Excuse me if I was in a hurry. I am certain you have never misspelled anything in your life, and I only hope that one day I can somehow find a way to be as perfect as you are.

Classy bunch on here....

I see a bit of a double standard here.

You can dish it out with the best of them but it seems to get under your skin if someone gets you.

Learn to take as much as you give and life will be much happier on here. Smile
I really do not believe you heard a word of what I said unless it was what you wanted to hear.
Midee1 Wrote:I see a bit of a double standard here.

You can dish it out with the best of them but it seems to get under your skin if someone gets you.

Learn to take as much as you give and life will be much happier on here. Smile

Are you serious? When have I made fun of someone for misspelling something?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Are you serious? When have I made fun of someone for misspelling something?

I don't recall you picking on someone about spelling but I do seem to recall many times you picking on someone that you see as having less knowledge about a subject than you do.

Picking on you about spelling is the exact same thing.

Lighten up. Some people take forums way to seriously.
Midee1 Wrote:I don't recall you picking on someone about spelling but I do seem to recall many times you picking on someone that you see as having less knowledge about a subject than you do.

Picking on you about spelling is the exact same thing.

Lighten up. Some people take forums way to seriously.

It's not that I took it serious, I just thought it was a cheap shot. I don't intentially say anything to someone unless they bring it on, and you know that. Unless I have ever called someone out on spelling then no, it isn't the same thing. It's fine though, forget it.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:It's not that I took it serious, I just thought it was a cheap shot. I don't intentially say anything to someone unless they bring it on, and you know that. Unless I have ever called someone out on spelling then no, it isn't the same thing. It's fine though, forget it.

Very good suggestion.

Now keep the thread on topic.

I will go on record that I absolutely hate these silly rumor threads. I cannot count how many times someone has started rumor threads just to stir the pot.

In the future if someone starts a rumor thread without something to back it up there will be suspensions handed out.

Here is rule 8 to remind everyone.

8. Posting false or incorrect information will not be tolerated. If you are unaware of something such as a score or any information regarding a certain topic, then do not post it until sure. False threads and posts will be deleted and you will be warned.

Final note JRS this is not directed at you. I just got on a roll and didn't see the need to make several posts.
Capt. DH Wrote:I am glad that you agree with most of my post. I have no personal beef with DPM. I just stated what I hear from the kids and what I see out of his belligerent self.

I'm glad the kids have you to confide in but it's pretty juvenile for you to make unnecessary comments about people, don't you think?
The Pharmacist has written the right prescription.
thepharmacist Wrote:I'm glad the kids have you to confide in but it's pretty juvenile for you to make unnecessary comments about people, don't you think?
Espcially, when in a small community like this the people you are talking about could see it easily. Right?
Yes, I guess it is not rocket science........
Capt. DH Wrote:I am glad that you agree with most of my post. I have no personal beef with DPM. I just stated what I hear from the kids and what I see out of his belligerent self.
also, referring to my last post, i have never met DPM, i was just stating things I've heard from different players and parents.
If anyone has anything to say to me on this topic, feel free to pm me.
This thread needs to be ON TOPIC NOW or it will be closed.
This was Deven's father earlier in another thread::

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deven has been going to Shelby Valleys open gym. He likes the players there. It is just open gym. Nothing to worry about and most certainly nothing to have a whole thread about.

Wonder if things have changed??? There are those things that make you go hmmmmmmm........
BlueSky Wrote:Maybe not so honest with himself or others???????

what a tangled web we weave.
BlueSky Wrote:Maybe not so honest with himself or others???????

bingo
Man quit banging on this kid and his father. If he wants to go to another school let him. NO BIG DEAL! Its his decision, not none of your alls.
D. Adams sighting at North Hardin today, playing WITH Shelby Valley... came off the bench, btw, not that it matters in summer league
crazyfan4 Wrote:Man quit banging on this kid and his father. If he wants to go to another school let him. NO BIG DEAL! Its his decision, not none of your alls.
OK then make the dang decision! Don't sit around and act like you have all the power. And by saying not none, are you implying it is our decision? Two negatives make a positive =).
I wouldn't play him at Pikeville if he did come back, He is already missing practices.
I really don't see Adams back at Pikeville. Devan is on Valley's summer league roster, so he's not getting in sync with the Pikeville team. If he does attend Valley, WOW, look out this coming year, they will be one of the best teams to come through eastern kentucky in a long time.
PC_You_Know Wrote:I really don't see Adams back at Pikeville. Devan is on Valley's summer league roster, so he's not getting in sync with the Pikeville team. If he does attend Valley, WOW, look out this coming year, they will be one of the best teams to come through eastern kentucky in a long time.

I agree they have a really good shot at making some noise at RUPP!
Well, I think it wouldn't benefit Adams much or Valley much for him to go there. I think this would be kind of like Shaq was in Phoenix this year. They are a running team that wins because they just out hustle teams and run fast breaks, so tell me how Adams would fit in to that. He wasn't that affective in a slow down game, I don't see him even being the slightest bit affective when its run 'n gun. I hope I'm wrong because I would like to see Valley go to state and do good down there, but I think they'll be just as good without him. The one thing he can bring to Valley is shot blocking, but they are already so great at defense, I don't think it would be worth having him out there because he would slow them down. But good luck to Devan and whatever he does decides to do.
BballFan25 Wrote:Well, I think it wouldn't benefit Adams much or Valley much for him to go there. I think this would be kind of like Shaq was in Phoenix this year. They are a running team that wins because they just out hustle teams and run fast breaks, so tell me how Adams would fit in to that. He wasn't that affective in a slow down game, I don't see him even being the slightest bit affective when its run 'n gun. I hope I'm wrong because I would like to see Valley go to state and do good down there, but I think they'll be just as good without him. The one thing he can bring to Valley is shot blocking, but they are already so great at defense, I don't think it would be worth having him out there because he would slow them down. But good luck to Devan and whatever he does decides to do.

Yea but thats the NBA. this is highschool basketball how many kids do u know thats that tall. I think its a great oppurtunity for Shelby Valley to be even more dominant with a kid with that size.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Pikeville's 6'8 center.

6'10 Wink
Coach Williams said at our practices that he was a tough loss down low but its not like college where u can make a phone call and say "hey we need a center here at PHS, why dont you come and play" but that we will have to work with what we got.

I think Pikeville is almost all speedy guards. So if Shelby Valley has 4 quick strong players, then Pikevilles 5th on Devan will haved to out hustle him to get the boards and score some points for PHS

Bart Williams always has something up his sleeves-
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next