Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville's Devan Adams to Shelby Valley
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
whats the scoop
the scoop is, that i was told he will be attending Valley for 2009 because he said he wants to go to state and get recognized. Where Pikeville is beginning to lose there talent

I wish the best of luck to Devan wherever he may go
If this is true then best of luck to Devan, he should be able to play a big role at Valley next season.
If true, then I truly believe that valley could play with anyone in the state! A big man is what this team lacked when playing Central/Western Ky schools! Best of Luck to Devan and to Valley!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:If true, then I truly believe that valley could play with anyone in the state! A big man is what this team lacked when playing Central/Western Ky schools! Best of Luck to Devan and to Valley!

I agree!
good luck to Deven where ever he goes Dev is a good person and he is very talented
Who is Devan Adams??
RavenBoy Wrote:Who is Devan Adams??

Pikeville's 6'8 center.
blackcat_student Wrote:Pikeville's 6'8 center.
Yea that will help SV out alot.
Rumor has it he may be academically ineligible.
What about Taylor Newsome? Will he be healthy enough to play?
Mr.Kimball Wrote:What about Taylor Newsome? Will he be healthy enough to play?

He just got the OK to Jog on it here recently, so he should be fine come late Nov-early Dec....
I'm glad to hear that about Taylor. He is a good kid.
Adams might make a good 8th man or so behind Taylor, Kirby and Tyler.
SpyDa Wrote:I'm glad to hear that about Taylor. He is a good kid.
Adams might make a good 8th man or so behind Taylor, Kirby and Tyler.

Are you serious?Smile
That would be huge for Valley if he does indeed transfer.
Never be ruled eligible.
NEXT Wrote:Never be ruled eligible.
Does anyone know if his family moved? I guess a better question would be did he officially enroll at Shelby Valley?
If he goes I don't think he will start. Maybe the 6th man. The grass isn't always greener. This could be a blessing in disguise for Pikeville. Who knows?
This is a rumor thread and it is not the first time it has been started here.

His dad is on the site, maybe we can get some clarification.

Reminder: If you start a rumor thread with no justification to do so and it proves to be false, you are subject to suspension. Read the rules...NO FALSE Information.
uhavenoidea Wrote:Are you serious?Smile

I'm very serious! Whose starting position do you think he'll take? At the most, he may come off the bench and help a little. That wouldn't be the kind of recognition I'd want as a senior! I agree totally, the grass isn't always greener on the other side.
If adams goes to valley, i seriously doubt him starting. He played weak last year for pikeville. You can't teach height, but he just seems lazy. He will have to work hard to even get on the floor at Valley cause they do nothing but run. I see him being the 7th or 8th man if he goes.
SpyDa Wrote:I'm very serious! Whose starting position do you think he'll take? At the most, he may come off the bench and help a little. That wouldn't be the kind of recognition I'd want as a senior! I agree totally, the grass isn't always greener on the other side.
Valley lost their 2 leading rebounders and leading scorer.
alleycat53 Wrote:Valley lost their 2 leading rebounders and leading scorer.
You think he can play the same style as Jonah or Jacob?
I don't think it will matter because I don't think the kid will get eligible, but even if he did, I don't think he can help a team that runs so much. He'll have a hard time adjusting to the style.
To add to this rumor thread, I have heard Devan's parents are buying a house in Virgie, which wouldn't that make him eligible because he will be moving out of the Pikeville INDEPENDENT School District?
PC_You_Know Wrote:To add to this rumor thread, I have heard Devan's parents are buying a house in Virgie, which wouldn't that make him eligible because he will be moving out of the Pikeville INDEPENDENT School District?
A legitimate change of residence would make him eligible in most cases.
If he chooses to leave Pikeville then the best of luck to him, yes he would be playing for a regional championship there...but as far as recruiting goes I know for a fact Morehead was recruiting him pretty hard last season....that is a D-1 school, nothing against the kid but I don't think a major D-1 (SEC, Pac-10, Big-10, etc) will be beating the door down if he goes to Valley. He is a good player with potential, but I'd stay somewhere I could be the star....might not be enough basketballs to go around at SV.
Panther Thunder Wrote:You think he can play the same style as Jonah or Jacob?
No! but surely he can contribute.
Best of luck to Devin!
SpyDa Wrote:I'm very serious! Whose starting position do you think he'll take? At the most, he may come off the bench and help a little. That wouldn't be the kind of recognition I'd want as a senior! I agree totally, the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Well at the beginning of the season he may not start, but i see him starting after a few games.

Id say this will be the starting lineup for the first few games, and if Deven plays the way he should, he will step right in...

Starters

Elisha
Logan
Ashley
Taylor- If he is his old self
Kirby/Deven...IMO Dev will take this spot after a few games...

Bench

Deven A./Kirby
Tyler N.
Cody V.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7