Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open positions
Mr. 15th Region Wrote:I hate to be the one to bring the bad news to the P-ville crew but they no longer have the studs that they have had in the past. Its not gonna matter who the coach is you all will be struggling every year to make it out of district. Only JC and LC has not only the horses but the amount of kids needed to continue a program durring this point in high school sports.

I assume you are talking about Paintsville and not Pikeville? If you are talking about Paintsville then you are wrong. They have a great little league program in johnson county, multiple little leagues with a lot of numbers in both leagues. I will admit that something needs to be done with the transition to high school, because the "program" is not really there. They basically just show up and play, and until that is changed then they will be struggling, but it won't be because of personnel reasons. JC and LC are powerhouses because of the programs they have that are in place, and it wouldn't matter the kids, because they all go through it.
Dude Wrote:Now whos being a crybaby....unless you are a parent whos child has played under Howard no need to be calling people crybaby with personal issues. He just don't have the right leadership to win tournaments and play baseball with High School competition. Just stating my opinion.

No I dont have a child playing for Coach Howard, but as a fan I have seen some very childish backstabbing behavior from a few parents . The field is not the place to make a scene. So if your not the one crying then its none of your business. OR is it? Thats not an opinion its the FACTS. I was just saying on here people let rumors fly about, I have heard he is still the coach.
Mr. 15th Region Wrote:I hate to be the one to bring the bad news to the P-ville crew but they no longer have the studs that they have had in the past. Its not gonna matter who the coach is you all will be struggling every year to make it out of district. Only JC and LC has not only the horses but the amount of kids needed to continue a program durring this point in high school sports.

How long has it taken JC to figure out politics and sports dont mix. They finally have a few coaches that play kids to win not by who there parents are. So you do have more county kids staying home instead of crossing the creek. Whats your point ? Paintsville will still be able to compete, Maybe in class" A " but still compete. One more thing, how many State Titles JC have? Think real hard now.....:confused:
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I assume you are talking about Paintsville and not Pikeville? If you are talking about Paintsville then you are wrong. They have a great little league program in johnson county, multiple little leagues with a lot of numbers in both leagues. I will admit that something needs to be done with the transition to high school, because the "program" is not really there. They basically just show up and play, and until that is changed then they will be struggling, but it won't be because of personnel reasons. JC and LC are powerhouses because of the programs they have that are in place, and it wouldn't matter the kids, because they all go through it.
Your right , both systems suffer mightily during that transition period, but there are very few systems where that is not common. Poor coaching at that age level as well as the beginning of player apathy from kids that are just not athletic enough to play on the bigger field begins to take it's toll on sheer numbers. Thank goodness that middle school baseball is beginning to become standard. IMO , just very poor options for the 13-15 year old age group in summer baseball any more unless they are on some sort of a travel team.
Now What Wrote:How long has it taken JC to figure out politics and sports dont mix. They finally have a few coaches that play kids to win not by who there parents are. So you do have more county kids staying home instead of crossing the creek. Whats your point ? Paintsville will still be able to compete, Maybe in class" A " but still compete. One more thing, how many State Titles JC have? Think real hard now.....:confused:
Aint no bigger fan of JC baseball than myself, but to be honest they are very close in talent to whatever Paintsville produces year in and year out. There is generally not a whole lot of difference between the two. Personally I think a lot of the staff at PHS and consider every single one of them a very good friend. I think they try hard and do a good job developing whatever talent they produce.

But the comment about how many state titles JC has is a little irrelevant. How many Applebees appearances does Paintsville have in the last 5 years could also be asked just as well. Truth is talent will take you a long way, but sometimes you just have to take advantage of the breaks that come your way. Paintsville and JC are competetive with each other every year as well as is the new district addition Lawrence Co., (who in all honesty justy plain out works everybody). Both systems could learn a few lessons from the LC staff. I'll give credit where credit is due. There's no justice in a bickering war of words between the two systems about superiority because they are almost mirror images of each other.
Kimball that's the first post of yours that I have read that actually makes sense. Your getting close to doing better!!!!
hot wheels Wrote:Kimball that's the first post of yours that I have read that actually makes sense. Your getting close to doing better!!!!

LOL............Now that's where your wrong. There is a lot of thought that goes into every post I make. Perhaps you are as some others . You just cant figure out where the chain yanking comes into play and figure out where my warped sense of humor plays into what I post.Big Grin

Some take this stuff way more serious than it's intended. It's complex (perhaps demented somewhat), I know. You just need to take the time to challange yourself in trying to figure out where I am coming from most of the time.

However, there's no need in playing mind games with this one. Just defending who needs defending in this one, and just telling it like it is. Just as I do in all the others. You may not like what I say, but it's all the truth and always factual. Sometimes that just aint easy for some to handle.Smile
You are one of a kind, that's for sure Kimball!!!!
hot wheels Wrote:You are one of a kind, that's for sure Kimball!!!!

Really dont know how you meant that. Perhaps it oozed with sarcasmSmile , but I'll throw it in the compliment box anyways. Who wants to be like everybody else anyways.
Mr. 15th Region Wrote:What schools will have head baseball job positions open after this year?

maybe powell i heard varney was leaving
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Aint no bigger fan of JC baseball than myself, but to be honest they are very close in talent to whatever Paintsville produces year in and year out. There is generally not a whole lot of difference between the two. Personally I think a lot of the staff at PHS and consider every single one of them a very good friend. I think they try hard and do a good job developing whatever talent they produce.

But the comment about how many state titles JC has is a little irrelevant. How many Applebees appearances does Paintsville have in the last 5 years could also be asked just as well. Truth is talent will take you a long way, but sometimes you just have to take advantage of the breaks that come your way. Paintsville and JC are competetive with each other every year as well as is the new district addition Lawrence Co., (who in all honesty justy plain out works everybody). Both systems could learn a few lessons from the LC staff. I'll give credit where credit is due. There's no justice in a bickering war of words between the two systems about superiority because they are almost mirror images of each other.

I think when the current JC first got there they were really excited and ready to go and they have just tapered off since then. I think a big reason for the success of LC is the overall passion for the game by their coaches, and it bleeds down to the players. No matter what you do you have to love it or there will never be any aspect of success
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I think when the current JC first got there they were really excited and ready to go and they have just tapered off since then. I think a big reason for the success of LC is the overall passion for the game by their coaches, and it bleeds down to the players. No matter what you do you have to love it or there will never be any aspect of success

I absolutely agree with you!! If you're not in the right frame of mindset to coach any high school sport, the kids will pick up on this immediately. Respect is not simply given because you're called "head coach".
Allie Katt Wrote:I absolutely agree with you!! If you're not in the right frame of mindset to coach any high school sport, the kids will pick up on this immediately. Respect is not simply given because you're called "head coach".

Absolutely!
Josh todd is the coach for the 2009 season andit look like its goin to b a strong year
Josh todd is going to make ACHS a better team, they will be hard to beat this year
i remeber todd from high school. he was a solid player for lee county. coaching is a different story. lets hope it carries over
Todd from Lee County? That is the coach at Allen Central now?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Todd from Lee County? That is the coach at Allen Central now?

Yes. I think he was the catcher from lee county.
.38special Wrote:Yes. I think he was the catcher from lee county.

I had no idea thanks
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Todd from Lee County? That is the coach at Allen Central now?

I spoke with some baseball parents last week- seems they have met with Coach Todd and conditioning has started. From the talk at AC the players are pretty excited and looking forward to working with Coach Todd.

Hopefully Coach Todd will get the Rebels going again. Good Luck to Coach Todd and his Rebel Baseball Team.
gotcha2 Wrote:I spoke with some baseball parents last week- seems they have met with Coach Todd and conditioning has started. From the talk at AC the players are pretty excited and looking forward to working with Coach Todd.

Hopefully Coach Todd will get the Rebels going again. Good Luck to Coach Todd and his Rebel Baseball Team.

Well I will say this, he was coached by one of the best coaches in the state in Gene Combs, and if he does the program half of what Gene use to do then they will flourish, no doubt. Lee County was the worst team in the district before Coach Combs went there, and they became a powerhouse in the 14th for a few years until he left.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Well I will say this, he was coached by one of the best coaches in the state in Gene Combs, and if he does the program half of what Gene use to do then they will flourish, no doubt. Lee County was the worst team in the district before Coach Combs went there, and they became a powerhouse in the 14th for a few years until he left.

That is true.. lets just hope its not a "to little, to late" type of deal. If the upper classmen really get after it and are willing to work, it could be a good year for the rebels. if not, then it will be just like every other year..
Ive heard some rumors about a situation in Phelps... not sure if the changes that ive heard are true though...
Tailback44 Wrote:Anderson was a good coach but I heard Kiley Hall from LCC will be the next coach @ JHS.
A just heard the same thing about Shelby Valley!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:A just heard the same thing about Shelby Valley!

Elaborate! Big Grin
Feltner got the LC job