Poll: Who to beat
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Shelby Valley
35.56%
Hazard
23.70%
Knott Central
19.26%
Letcher Central
7.41%
Other
14.07%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will be the better Mountain team for 2009?
Shelby Valley will be the team to beat. They have more talent than the Celtics!
I think after the confirmation on Deven Adams to Valley, some people would probably like to change their votes.
SV
Not me, go bulldogs!!! They have proven themselves many times over......
hazard and kcc have played 6 times this summer and kcc has won 5 of them... so were is this unbeatable hazard your talkin about
Big man on campus Wrote:hazard and kcc have played 6 times this summer and kcc has won 5 of them... so were is this unbeatable hazard your talkin about
Because the key word here is summer and when people think of Al Holland they don't think of summer games, they think of regional titles in March!!
LCC plays SV next week at Pikeville College camp. Will see how they match up.
bball fan Wrote:Because the key word here is summer and when people think of Al Holland they don't think of summer games, they think of regional titles in March!!
If your going by that, when you think of Al Holland you think of PCC! :Thumbs:
PC_You_Know Wrote:I think after the confirmation on Deven Adams to Valley, some people would probably like to change their votes.

Not me, give SV two Devan Adams. I'll still take Elliott everyday of the week and twice on Sundays.
letthebighogroot Wrote:Not me, give SV two Devan Adams. I'll still take Elliott everyday of the week and twice on Sundays.

Well if they play, Elliott better not miss because they won't be getting that many rebounds.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Well if they play, Elliott better not miss because they won't be getting that many rebounds.

Well, they didn't do to bad against Grace Christian from Tenn. last yr. in the 5/3 and they had 6'10" and 6' 8" on the front line. Also they faired pretty good against Rose Hill who had Euton at 6' 8" and Jackson at 6' 5" And both more athletic than Adams.
letthebighogroot Wrote:Well, they didn't do to bad against Grace Christian from Tenn. last yr. in the 5/3 and they had 6'10" and 6' 8" on the front line. Also they faired pretty good against Rose Hill who had Euton at 6' 8" and Jackson at 6' 5" And both more athletic than Adams.

Lol, Euton and Jackson had HORRIBLE seasons last year, no one even knew who rose hill was last year.
I have recently moved to Richmond and after watching some summer ball from the teams mentioned I would think that SV is by far the class of the field. Adams will give them the one thing they have always lacked and that is a huge big man. When you put that with all the other athletes that they have they will be top 10 team this year in the state.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Lol, Euton and Jackson had HORRIBLE seasons last year, no one even knew who rose hill was last year.

Both had better seasons than Adams, and were recruited to Scott County. I guess the only thing horrible about their season was Elliott ended it in the region tournament. BTW, have you ever seen either one play??
Elliott co.
Hazard is loaded! They have size and experience with Jone, Warren, Campbell, Martin, and Allen. They also have really good guard play with Whitaker and Kid. I don't see anyone in the mountains beating this team. Oh yeah, that includes Knott Co.
I believe that Shelby Valley will want to be on top again with Paintsville out of it now (rebuilding) and they can do it. But Hazard will give them a good run. Those two teams are going to be the teams to beat 08-09 basketball season in the mountains. :redboxer:
I say Breathitt since Noble is back.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:I say Breathitt since Noble is back.
You think Breathitt can win the region just because Nick Noble is back? WOW!!!

One player doest not a region champion make. Breathitt will be improved, but they won't come within 20 points of Hazard. However they should win their district, but the Wolves will not go down easily.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:You think Breathitt can win the region just because Nick Noble is back? WOW!!!

One player doest not a region champion make. Breathitt will be improved, but they won't come within 20 points of Hazard. However they should win their district, but the Wolves will not go down easily.

And coach Noble and Josh Salyers and they will beat Hazard
I would have to say Valley and then hazard
Good luck to all teams this season!
PC_You_Know Wrote:Yes that's all I was saying. I think the region would have been a lot better if the two met in the championship like it should have been decided. Like the NCAA, the top teams are on opposite sides, why can't the regions get this right?

You dont know nothing about basketball...The 15th region isnt going to sit down and say sv and paintsville are the best two teams and put them on other sides...It still doesnt matter paintsville was the better team and it showed in the end...Get a life...Its a same that sv hasnt won more titles as bad as this region has been...
liveordie20 Wrote:How would u even put KCC on there when they havent proven themselves at all. Just because they got one good transfer? They still have no consistant down low presence. Erase KCC and put PCC because they were then runner-ups in region and only had one senior on the whole team.
KCC beat Valley at the civic center by 14 points. And they got 2 good transfers. Hall was getting rebounds over Adams easy.
timeout Wrote:KCC beat Valley at the civic center by 14 points. And they got 2 good transfers. Hall was getting rebounds over Adams easy.

Yes, but didn't Valley beat KCC earlier at North Hardin or G town by around 20?

Summer ball means very little.
Survivor Wrote:It's you're not your. They let people like me post on here because I know what I'm talking about. Knott will not come close to Hazard next year. Nobody will. Hazard lost only 2 games in the state of KY this year before the state tournament. What makes you thank that adding Cox to a team that was mediocre at best can contend with the mighty Dawgs? I also heard today that Hazard is adding another great player to an already great team. Miller from Knox Central will be attending Hazard next year. I think you just may see a state championship title for the bulldogs.:rockon:
Knott beat Hazard 4 out of 5 times this summer and Hazard had all their players. Hazard will never get Miller. He'll stay where he is. Dawgs you've meet your match.
liveordie20 Wrote:LOL, Knotts not even top 5.
You will see about that. You know nothing!

\
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Yes, but didn't Valley beat KCC earlier at North Hardin or G town by around 20?

Summer ball means very little.
You are right, but there is no friction on KCC team. You are set up for a blow up.
Survivor Wrote:Hazard is loaded! They have size and experience with Jone, Warren, Campbell, Martin, and Allen. They also have really good guard play with Whitaker and Kid. I don't see anyone in the mountains beating this team. Oh yeah, that includes Knott Co.
How old is Campbell now? 23Smile
RavenBoy Wrote:How old is Campbell now? 23Smile

Wow, is he that old? He's closing in on Justice.Big Grin
fly on the wall Wrote:You are right, but there is no friction on KCC team. You are set up for a blow up.

Yeah, I coached most of those boys in grade school and never did we have one ounce of friction. Most of these boys actually enjoy playing with each other and enjoy basketball. If you call getting a technical in summer ball a preview of a blow up, KCC is in for one too.
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next