Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who will be the better Mountain team for 2009?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Im gonna say either SV or Kcc
I dont know to many in the 13th or 15th Region. Besides SV
KCC def. i think KCC vs. Hazard will be the most interesting matchup of the 08 09 season. Good Luck PATS!
Isnt Elliot considered mountain team? if so thats who i'd go with.
brown14 Wrote:Isnt Elliot considered mountain team? if so thats who i'd go with.
I dont know for sure, could ask a admin to put them on the list.
I'm going with Valley cause of Justice and Ashley will be great next year togehter. They play very good team ball. They will be a force next year.
I guess the only way we will really find out is the WYMT Tourny. You know neither or those teams are gonna play each other in the season.
Hazard should be the best without any doubt. They had a team this year IMO that could have won the sweet 16. They don't lose any players of this years team and with the addition of Eric Back they could possibly contend for a state title. I hate to sound like UK96, but it's true.
Hazard.
Survivor Wrote:Hazard should be the best without any doubt. They had a team this year IMO that could have won the sweet 16. They don't lose any players of this years team and with the addition of Eric Back they could possibly contend for a state title. I hate to sound like UK96, but it's true.

Hazard will be be VERY tough again next year and will more than likely be back at the Sweet Sixteen. Hazard, Shelby Valley and Elliott County all three could make a serious run at a state championship IMO. ALL 3 teams have alot comin back. Hazard and Elliot both have everyone back and Shelby Valley loses two, but were very deep. Elliott should have beat Mason County in the first round and Hazard should have beat Shelby County in the second round. Personally, if both teams make it to the Sweet Sixteen next year like they should, I would love to see em on seperate ends of the bracket so we could possibly see em both in the finals. I can see Valley, Hazard and Elliott all 3 ranked in the top 10 next season, any of the three could even crack the top 5 at some point.
I took Shelby Valley, just because of there defense and there guard play and post play, they can also contend with anyone in the state. Hazard would be my second choice followed by Knott Central.
brown14 Wrote:Isnt Elliot considered mountain team? if so thats who i'd go with.

Yes Elliott is a mountain team. Just not in the WYMT viewing area so people assume that only teams they mention on air are mountain teams. Can't get anymore in the mountains than Elliott.
I'm with you, that is my pick also.
kyrifle Wrote:Can't get anymore in the mountains than Elliott..
OMG are you series, yeah you can, letcher county.

After I looked at it, no way Elliott County is in the mountains. If you want to say Eilliott County belongs in the Mountains, I will say Lexington does too.
I voted for KCC
Survivor Wrote:Hazard should be the best without any doubt. They had a team this year IMO that could have won the sweet 16. They don't lose any players of this years team and with the addition of Eric Back they could possibly contend for a state title. I hate to sound like UK96, but it's true.

The key words are "could have".
KCC will be a top contender along with, LCC, Hazard, SV, and PCC. After that I don't know. Cumburland might still have a decent team, I don't know who they have lost this year. I don't believe Wolfe or Breathitt will do much. Just my op tho.
sassy Wrote:KCC will be a top contender along with, LCC, Hazard, SV, and PCC. After that I don't know. Cumburland might still have a decent team, I don't know who they have lost this year. I don't believe Wolfe or Breathitt will do much. Just my op tho.

cumberland wont be there next year...its getting consolidated with everts and cawood to form Harlan County High School. Nobody has really talked about them that much. I wonder if the black bears will be a decent team next year?
Only one county stands between Elliott and WV, so how can they not be a mountain team? Get real!!
I think that on a given night it would be:

(1) Hazard, Shelby Valley and Elliott County
(2) KCC, LCC
(3) Perry County Central

That ought to be the best of the 14th, 15th and 16th for next season!
EKY Sportster Wrote:Only one county stands between Elliott and WV, so how can they not be a mountain team? Get real!!
Get out and drive PAL, after Breathitt, Magoffin, and Johnson Counties there is no mountains, unless you call a 50ft hill a mountains.

uk96

I think that the correct time to do this will be in August when you can see what players are at what school. I cant see SV changing much so I would go ahead and pencil them in. In the 14th it will be interesting to see if Hazard keeps both of their transfers since some schools are already interested in Whitaker and his two players and I would not be surprised to see them leave. KCC could be very interesting along with LCC also...PCC will always be competitive with Hatcher there. In the 13th a number of teams will compete,,,

uk96

You would be alot smarter if you did sound like me but anyways Hazard will have a hard time keeping the Bell kids. I was glad to see Hazard do well but dont kid yourself in thinking that Hazard could have won the tourney. They played a young mediocre SL team that best asset is their coach and a Shelby team that was the lowest ranked team in the tourney. If you really want to see how good Hazard is tell them to schedule some 11th region teams next year and play in the 5th 3rd or King of Bluegrass. Hazard will have a very hard time winning the region next year...
RavenBoy Wrote:Get out and drive PAL, after Breathitt, Magoffin, and Johnson Counties there is no mountains, unless you call a 50ft hill a mountains.

You need to take your own advice and get out and drive through Elliott Co. There are higher hills ( mountains to you guys in Louisville, if that is really your location) in Elliott than in Johnson, Magoffin and Breathitt counties. You keep running off at the mouth about something you don't have a clue about.
kyrifle Wrote:Got a really good idea that you just flap your gums and hope something logical comes out.
Smile OK, Elliott dont have a chance because East Carter will beat them.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Just about the stupidest statement ever made on here.
No its the only one that does. Even after you get out of Floyd County the Mountains keep getting smaller. Go ahead and keep telling yourself this stuff. Where is Pine Mountain at? Not in Elliott.

The best mountain team will be SV or Hazard.
SV is definatley the team to beat next year in the 15th. They will also be one of the top teams in the mountains.
How would u even put KCC on there when they havent proven themselves at all. Just because they got one good transfer? They still have no consistant down low presence. Erase KCC and put PCC because they were then runner-ups in region and only had one senior on the whole team.
I'm going with SV but Hazard is gonna be tough also.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAZARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lcc
God hate saying this... Hazard
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7