Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry Rumor?
Let me try to comment on several of the posts. First, I've always heard the reason JR left Paintsville is because BMR named Matt Ratliff as the heir apparanet a long time ago. If that is so, there is no job at Paintsville for JR to leave Phelps for. Second, kids are going to do what they can get by with. If these girls were attitude problems, as many have said, blame has to be shifted to the coaching staff for allowing such behavior. Third, surely no one believes these girls just happened to end up at Phelps. They were brought in, but not by JR. So, it may not be so easy for JR to "not put up with them". The people who brought them in ARE EXPECTING them to play. Period. JR is in a tough situation.
I know both of these girls. Both are good kids with a little attitude. Sometimes you have to coach kids like this a little different to help them reach their potential.
kyfan Wrote:Let me try to comment on several of the posts. First, I've always heard the reason JR left Paintsville is because BMR named Matt Ratliff as the heir apparanet a long time ago. If that is so, there is no job at Paintsville for JR to leave Phelps for. Second, kids are going to do what they can get by with. If these girls were attitude problems, as many have said, blame has to be shifted to the coaching staff for allowing such behavior. Third, surely no one believes these girls just happened to end up at Phelps. They were brought in, but not by JR. So, it may not be so easy for JR to "not put up with them". The people who brought them in ARE EXPECTING them to play. Period. JR is in a tough situation.

Let me put this to rest again. Yes, I knew Matt Ratliff would be Coach Runyon's successor, I knew that when I got hired at Paintsville. I left Paintsville because the Phelps job was, and still is, a great opportunity for me. I didn't want to coach or be a coach to my brother, I didn't want to be in a situation where I had to coach against Matt, my brother, or his friends, and this is a place where I felt and still feel very comfortable.

Kids will get away with what they can, but "attitudes" have not and will never be a problem on one of my teams. If you have a bad one you better correct it or you won;t play, simple as that. As far as anyone telling me who to play, that is incorrect. I play the best 5 that I can put out on the floor that work well together. That is shown in practice during the course of the year. No one influences playing time, only the players have control over that. They must perform well and with each other to get play. I do not feel in a tough situation, if kids don't play it is not my fault, it is theirs, for not putting forth the effort to show me they want to play and help this team be successful!
It does look bad when there has been 3 girls transfer in 2 years....and what about the girls that played for Phelps for years what going to happen to them.They are the ones that going to be losing in this mess..Phelps would have had a good team coming back without the Belfrygirls. To me that would cause a lot of hurt on the team but some people just want to win at any cost..And doesn't one of them have some sisters did they move to or are they still in the Belfry Schools Best of Luck to Belfry and Phelps
I honestly think this thread has ran its course. JR has stated his outlook and opinion on this and he is a man to be taken at his word. YES the girls are at Phelps. END of story as far as the "rumor" of them transferring goes. Feel free to open another thread if you want to continue to discuss this in an adult manner. DO however please note that if there any accusations, assumptions of illegal activity, or any rules broken it also will be closed.

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]