Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry Rumor?
Rumor around town is that Pruit will transfer to Phelps in the near future....
true?
Who knows.... unless she physically moves, she won't be eligible!
rumor is both pruitt and whitt
Shady Grady Wrote:rumor is both pruitt and whitt

someone just called me and said it was true soooo apparently Phelps gonna be the team to beat next year IMO

hmmmm........... it has begun! Wink
PHS#1 Wrote:someone just called me and said it was true soooo apparently Phelps gonna be the team to beat next year IMO

Might want to inform Johnson Central, Paintsville and Pike Central that Phelps is the team to beat next year
IMO,Phelps will be a really good team next yr with or without the belfry girls, the new coach has done a great job in turning that team around.
With the attitude she has let her GO!! Basketball is a TEAM Sport?
I have no ideal but if this many players come to a new team and the KSHAA lets them play then it is a disgrace to the sport and the other teams. I hope this is just a rummor.
This will get very, very, VERY interesting.

Trust me.
[quote=PHS95]Who knows.... unless she physically moves, she won't be eligible![/QUOTE as long as the principle signs off on it and she moves she is eligble. and Belfry's principle has signed.
HORNET POWER Wrote:[quote=PHS95]Who knows.... unless she physically moves, she won't be eligible![/QUOTE as long as the principle signs off on it and she moves she is eligble. and Belfry's principle has signed.

Not true. While there is no doubt in my mind they will sign off, she still has to move, or at least change addresses.
Well.. basically from what I have been told she only lives about 10 to 15 minutes from the school ... Phelps that is....

As for $ being thrown at her.... I VERY seriously doubt it. JR is a very classy man and wouldn't allow ANYTHING to be done that is not up to par. Some people just like drama...... Influental citizens...... WAY to bold there on that one!!!!!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
HORNET POWER Wrote:as long as the principle signs off on it and she moves she is eligble. and Belfry's principle has signed.
Releases doesnt mean anything in high school basketball. Even if Belfry did sign it, that doesnt mean they could be able to play next season. Just the same as if Belfry didnt sign it, that doesnt mean they wont be able to play. The KHSAA has the final say release or not.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
phs1986 Wrote:Well.. basically from what I have been told she only lives about 10 to 15 minutes from the school ... Phelps that is....

As for $ being thrown at her.... I VERY seriously doubt it. JR is a very classy man and wouldn't allow ANYTHING to be done that is not up to par. Some people just like drama...... Influental citizens...... WAY to bold there on that one!!!!!

It doesn't matter how close she lives, she still has to physically move, not just change addresses.
JUST_SAY_IT Wrote:IMO,Phelps will be a really good team next yr with or without the belfry girls, the new coach has done a great job in turning that team around.

Phelps will be a pretty good team next year, not a really good team. They only used six players this year and two of them graduated. It's no surprise then that they lost two players and now suddenly two appear. Again, talent is what makes coaches look good. Period.
ultrasteve Wrote:With the attitude she has let her GO!! Basketball is a TEAM Sport?

And they DO NOT know now to play team ball.........Goodbye ........let her be Phelphs head ache because she will bring the team down if Phelps is not careful.
big_shot_08 Wrote:And they DO NOT know now to play team ball.........Goodbye ........let her be Phelphs head ache because she will bring the team down if Phelps is not careful.

Wanna Bet??? LOLOL..... I can promise you this....... JR VanHoose will NOT... WILL NOT put up with attitude. Big Grin

phs1986 Wrote:Wanna Bet??? LOLOL..... I can promise you this....... JR VanHoose will NOT... WILL NOT put up with attitude. Big Grin

I hope not....I hate to see your team ruined just because of one girl.
big_shot_08 Wrote:I hope not....I hate to see your team ruined just because of one girl.

Not just my team.... I support SEVERAL teams within the county. Yes, I graduated from Phelps and dedicated quite a few years there myself as an athlete but there are kids that I support that go to other schools. I can not seperate myself from my "home school" but I do have connections with other teams and won't support just one.

I do however think the world of this coach and I feel that he can and will do his best at his job. What I don't understand is..... WHAT is the major problem with the girls at Belfry???? IMO they were a good ballteam but things just weren't clicking. They are a ton of talent coming up within the next couple of years with the BMS girls team being county champs 2 or 3??(not sure) years in a row!

Regardless, if the girl transfers that is an issue that will need to be resolved by her and her parents and school administrators. They are the ones making the move and I guess they have their own reasoning behind it.

Agree with earlier comments from Ky fan. With the transfer of the Riley girl the Phelps group became a lot more talented.

Schedule wise, this team had a pretty favorable schedule, looking at the All A, they defeated two 58th district opponents on the way to the finals. Many would agree that the 58th this past season was one of the weaker districts in the region.

Coach Denise Campball the last girls coach at Phelps had good moments with the Phelps squad.

Not to take away from the season, J.R. inherited an experienced group and with the addition of Riley who Pikeville College was looking at during the All A in which if you base the two teams that met in the championship game Phelps had a more experienced group than Shelby Valley, had a good season.

Just a view from the 8th Row.
Pruitt and Whitt withdrew from Belfry around lunchtime today 03/11/08, Burch has also been mentioned as a future home for them.
BondJamesBond Wrote:Agree with earlier comments from Ky fan. With the transfer of the Riley girl the Phelps group became a lot more talented.

Schedule wise, this team had a pretty favorable schedule, looking at the All A, they defeated two 58th district opponents on the way to the finals. Many would agree that the 58th this past season was one of the weaker districts in the region.

Coach Denise Campball the last girls coach at Phelps had good moments with the Phelps squad.

Not to take away from the season, J.R. inherited an experienced group and with the addition of Riley who Pikeville College was looking at during the All A in which if you base the two teams that met in the championship game Phelps had a more experienced group than Shelby Valley, had a good season.

Just a view from the 8th Row.

Great Post. I totally agree. This is to take nothing away from JR. He did inherit an experienced group of girls but he also did a good job with them. The true test of a coach is how successful he/she is after three or four years working with a program.

Tubby never got the credit he deserved for winning the 1998 championship because he won it with Pitino players. Gillisipie is not held to as high a standard because Tubby left the cupboard pretty bare. You have to look at what a coach does when given a few years to build the program.

One final note. Take a good look at the Johnson Central program. Coach Wireman does an excellent job and he has worked very hard to build that program. Again, the true test of a good coach.
big_shot_08 Wrote:And they DO NOT know now to play team ball.........Goodbye ........let her be Phelphs head ache because she will bring the team down if Phelps is not careful.

I am sorry but I've watched Belfry girls basketball for years and these two girls never had a problem playing team ball with anyone. Belfry never had problems until the new coach, then they had nobody to play team ball with. The things that happened at Belfry wasn't any of the girls' fault, it was lack of coaching.

I have never disliked watching any girls team in the region and I go to many all season, but this year watching Belfry was a joke, no wonder the girls are getting out there and they are picking the right place to go for a good coach, JR will do fine with them and watch and see they will come out and surprise everyone, no need to worry about Pruitt being a headache or Whitt causing any trouble I am almost certain JR had their respect before they even went to Phelps.
throw deep Wrote:Pruitt and Whitt withdrew from Belfry around lunchtime today 03/11/08, Burch has also been mentioned as a future home for them.

This is what I've been hearing, and that came from someone with close ties to the Burch program.
uksports99 Wrote:I am sorry but I've watched Belfry girls basketball for years and these two girls never had a problem playing team ball with anyone. Belfry never had problems until the new coach, then they had nobody to play team ball with. The things that happened at Belfry wasn't any of the girls' fault, it was lack of coaching.

I have never disliked watching any girls team in the region and I go to many all season, but this year watching Belfry was a joke, no wonder the girls are getting out there and they are picking the right place to go for a good coach, JR will do fine with them and watch and see they will come out and surprise everyone, no need to worry about Pruitt being a headache or Whitt causing any trouble I am almost certain JR had their respect before they even went to Phelps.

I've watched these girls play for years there has always been an attitude problem....but your right too about the coach she let it go to far she should have stop it last year..
THEY will be at PHELPS , you can count on that.
uksports99 Wrote:I am sorry but I've watched Belfry girls basketball for years and these two girls never had a problem playing team ball with anyone. Belfry never had problems until the new coach, then they had nobody to play team ball with. The things that happened at Belfry wasn't any of the girls' fault, it was lack of coaching.

I dont know who you are but you apparlently didn't watch the same Belfry team the rest of the region watched!!! Those upperclassmen were horrible! They had no respect for anyone and that includes their coaches and teammates. And as far as it being the coaches fault that isn't true, those girls have been a problem since they were at TC anyone that knows anything about b-ball and has ever watched them play know that!!

The team lost a lot of younger players this year because of the older girls, and the younger ones that did stick it out, hated it!!! That isnt the coach. The only thing I can say about her is that she let it go on too long....

Phelps will have trouble out of her you can guarantee that!!! She has no respect for anyone so what makes you think JR is any different, TRUST ME!!!! We are glad she is gone so our team can move on and get better. We have alot of great talent coming up and are excited about the upcoming season! :Clap:
bigsis22 Wrote:I dont know who you are but you apparlently didn't watch the same Belfry team the rest of the region watched!!! Those upperclassmen were horrible! They had no respect for anyone and that includes their coaches and teammates. And as far as it being the coaches fault that isn't true, those girls have been a problem since they were at TC anyone that knows anything about b-ball and has ever watched them play know that!!

The team lost a lot of younger players this year because of the older girls, and the younger ones that did stick it out, hated it!!! That isnt the coach. The only thing I can say about her is that she let it go on too long....

Phelps will have trouble out of her you can guarantee that!!! She has no respect for anyone so what makes you think JR is any different, TRUST ME!!!! We are glad she is gone so our team can move on and get better. We have alot of great talent coming up and are excited about the upcoming season! :Clap:

I agree.... good post
bigsis22 Wrote:I dont know who you are but you apparlently didn't watch the same Belfry team the rest of the region watched!!! Those upperclassmen were horrible! They had no respect for anyone and that includes their coaches and teammates. And as far as it being the coaches fault that isn't true, those girls have been a problem since they were at TC anyone that knows anything about b-ball and has ever watched them play know that!!

Smile The last paragraph is very funny. On the other hand I'm sure that Clay Campbell was their coach at TC right? I know that he did not put up with any attitude from either one of the girls, he is a great coach and he sure proved that in beating Belfry 2 times this year. Also, the girls never had attitude towards Coach Gannon or his assistant, so really I don't know what you have been watching. All I said was that it wasn't ever bad until the new coach. The girls never showed attitude on the court and faught with their own teammates when they were under Campbell or Gannon, everyone knows that their butts would have been sitting on the bench. Therefore, you must blame it on the coach for not demanding respect and taking authority because kids are kids, if you let them have their way and run over you, they are going to, and that is ANY kid at ANY school.

As far as it goes for JR, he is a classy guy, I'm sure him and the girls have already talked about these kind of things, just let him take control, we will see whos the good team between Phelps and Belfry next year, no matter how bad anybody wants to admit it everyone in the region knows Pruitt is a good player and with a coach that demands respect she is going to be even better next year, its clear to see that no matter what its a loss to belfry and phelps is nothing but gaining two good players with great chemistry out of this.