Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 5 EKY RB'S for 2008?
Bret Denton and John Scott Carver at Raceland will be a force along with the Abrams kid at Russell.
MaroonMonsoon77 Wrote:DH is a beast...hes bulked up to about 200 pounds
He's going to be a different player than anyone has seen this year. His speed and strength has increased dramatically.
3yards+cod Wrote:Bret Denton and John Scott Carver at Raceland will be a force along with the Abrams kid at Russell.

these 3 boys all got 1st place at the raceland powerlifitng meet...
I'm gonna bring up an old rumor, and not sayin it's gonna happen. What IF, Harmon did transfer somewhere else next year, and what IF it was to Pburg. Man what a backfield that would be.
Redneck Wrote:I'm gonna bring up an old rumor, and not sayin it's gonna happen. What IF, Harmon did transfer somewhere else next year, and what IF it was to Pburg. Man what a backfield that would be.

That would be awesome!
blackcat_student Wrote:That would be awesome!

That would be more than awesome. You could almost bank on all three of em havin at least 100 yards a game, lol.
Redneck Wrote:I'm gonna bring up an old rumor, and not sayin it's gonna happen. What IF, Harmon did transfer somewhere else next year, and what IF it was to Pburg. Man what a backfield that would be.

Not enough balls to go around!LOL
Saying things like this make it look like you work for WYMT. BTW, HARMON IS GOING NOWHERE FOR THE LAST TIME! He is going nowhere hypothetically, figuratively, literally, or really. He is also one of the best backs in the state, not just EKY. He is working really hard to bulk up and his speed has made a major jump so far.
Harmon should be unstoppable this year. But, his numbers will depend on what kind of offense he will be in.
TRAIN85 Wrote:Saying things like this make it look like you work for WYMT. BTW, HARMON IS GOING NOWHERE FOR THE LAST TIME! He is going nowhere hypothetically, figuratively, literally, or really. He is also one of the best backs in the state, not just EKY. He is working really hard to bulk up and his speed has made a major jump so far.
LOL..

As for Harmon transferrin, I know he ain't goin nowhere. I was just sayin, WHAT IF, how awesome would that backfield be. More like "wishful thinkin" on my part, he has killed my Tigers the past coupld years, lol. I look for him to have a HUGE year.
nope..we've got all we need here in pburg
dfblackcat53 Wrote:nope..we've got all we need here in pburg

Didn't say they needed him, just said how much more awsome that backfield would be.
Allen Cranyon P-Burg
Seth Setser- P-Burg
Drew Abrham Russell
Nathan Dillon JC
Ivan Lee

IMO Allen Cranyon is the best back in the mountains!
Harmon from pikeville
highschoolfootballfan Wrote:these 3 boys all got 1st place at the raceland powerlifitng meet...

I had heard that as well. :wieghts:
Both Raceland and Russell should have very good teams in the upcoming 08' season. :Thumbs:
RedSeal Wrote:IMO Allen Cranyon is the best back in the mountains!

pffff be serious
Ryan Kelly is gonna be one of the better backs in the mountains this year with the loss of dials he will see more carries this year.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
dfblackcat53 Wrote:nope..we've got all we need here in pburg

:thatsfunn
P-Villain! Wrote:pffff be serious
He was being serious. He isnt the only one who thinks Craynon is the best back in the mountains, i am right there with him. He rushed for over 2,000 yards and right at 30 TD's his junior year.
Ivan Lee and Daniel Harmon are my picks.
Craynon is a stud. Absolutely love watching this kid play. Reminds me alot of John Ortega.
Daniel Harmon from Pikeville is already bigger, stronger, and faster then he was during the season. Look for him to make major improvements on his 2000+ yards and 27+ TD's from 2007.
P-Villain! Wrote:pffff be serious

I was being serious big guy! Allen Cranyon is a flat out stud, but so is Harmon. But IMO I just think that Cranyon is better and im sure Cranyon is getting bigger,stronger, and faster just like Harmon is!
Harmon is a kid who plays every play like his life depends on it. He is TOUGH. The other backs mentioned are all good too. i just think Harmon is a heck of a ballplayer. Good luck to em'all
I wouldn't trade Harmon for two Craynons.
jetpilot Wrote:I wouldn't trade Harmon for two Craynons.

I would have to agree.
jetpilot Wrote:I wouldn't trade Harmon for two Craynons.

It's apples and oranges...both are great and you could make a good argument for being the best in the mountains. Everyone on here is going to be biased for their hometown guy.
Not many people say Ivan Lee because he took a back seat to Dustin May this year, but he is actually really good.

Daniel Harmon is also going to be real real good this year!
gish Wrote:It's apples and oranges...both are great and you could make a good argument for being the best in the mountains. Everyone on here is going to be biased for their hometown guy.

I agree... Both Craynon & Harmon are incredible backs, they both had over 25 touchdowns last season and over 2,000 yards rushing.
Drew Abrams had 24 TDs and 1300 yards but shared the backfield with.
Tyler Jones 16 TDs and 718 yards
Adam bates 8TDs and 675 yards
David Bailey 7 TDs and 407 yards

They also had 997 yards of passing last year. It is easier to compile yards if you run the ball everytime you run a play. The Beauty of the Russell backfield is mutiple attacks and with AJ at the helm this year in the QB slot,,, speed kills guys!!!!!
Add this QB to the mix and you decrease the focus of the FEATURE BACK system.
Man I cant wait for football season.!!!!!!!!!!
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "