Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KAPOS Results 2008
colonelfan2001 Wrote:I understand that they competed against 4A schools. Great! But the point I am trying to make is their flyers are ALWAYS super small. It is alot easier to base and fly with these small girls. I don't think it is equal playing field for them to compete against high school girls. Also, where do all of the freshman cheer? I know they are not all on the Maroon team, are they? Are you saying that the only girls on the "white" are 6-8 grades ONLY? I find this hard to believe. I just hear alot of people in the stands complaining about watching this team compete against all high school teams. I know that people from Pikeville Independent are really proud of these girls. I think a more appropriate competition would be the Middle School state competition, since the girls on the white team are grades 6-8 only. I think Pikeville white will come in second/third behind North Laurel, depending on how the 11th region representative looks tomorrow.

All those freshmen are on the varsity squad. Most do not compete because of the numbers(sponsers descision). A lot of the high school squads have small kids that do the climbing. As for the people complaining, if they whine about a junior high squad beating them, then they need to bust their butts and improve their program. As for those 5th graders you talked about earlier, they competed Saturday in Greenup County as the AAU squad, and won the Grand championship over both of Greenups junior highs and Boyd Counties 8th grade.
colonelfan2001 Wrote:I understand that they competed against 4A schools. Great! But the point I am trying to make is their flyers are ALWAYS super small. It is alot easier to base and fly with these small girls. I don't think it is equal playing field for them to compete against high school girls. Also, where do all of the freshman cheer? I know they are not all on the Maroon team, are they? Are you saying that the only girls on the "white" are 6-8 grades ONLY? I find this hard to believe. I just hear alot of people in the stands complaining about watching this team compete against all high school teams. I know that people from Pikeville Independent are really proud of these girls. I think a more appropriate competition would be the Middle School state competition, since the girls on the white team are grades 6-8 only. I think Pikeville white will come in second/third behind North Laurel, depending on how the 11th region representative looks tomorrow.
Well going by your logic that makes no difference. The Jr. High girls aren't as strong as High school girls so it levels things out. Remember the flyer may be smaller but the base is not as strong as a high school base, so there is no difference.
Honestly, if they can compete with the high school girls, then go for it. However, I know that the squad that has the younger girls on it has previously had some high school girls on the team. I just wish that all the schools would be permitted to use elementary girls...oh, and a question...if pikeville can use the younger girls, does that mean other counties are allowed to use their middle school teams at kapos as well?
Yes. It's called a "handbook"... it's for reading and hopefully comprehending. KAPOS has one... + a National Federation handbook by which to follow. (Each school has it's own handbook as well, but the State does not impede girls from cheering on account of age.) Read it, know it, use it to your advantage...Duh!
Pikeville is good for many reasons & I won't go into all of them, but I am growing sick & tired of hearing and reading about all these folks, who are complaining. If you (your squad or your school's squad(s))want to compete, find out what it takes to be the best, work your tail off, fundraise like no other, sacrifice, and put your squad first... ahead of almost everything in your life, hire (if you can find them) people who would give up their own lives and families needs for you... (oh yeah...that's a real easy one....)
I applaude Pikeville, the administrators (over the years for having the insight to put the right people in the right places and then supporting them and making it happen...) I also applaude a community that has, it seems, many squads and groups all vying for $$ thru contributions and sponsorships.. yet they care enough about these fine young ladies to help them to fundraise and travel to compete for national titles year in and year out. I think... no, I know, it's past time for folks to stop their bellyaching because they aren't committed enough to doing whatever it takes to support their cheer squads...

Pikeville's success doesn't happen with a snap of a finger or a wink in someone's direction... these dedicated people (girls, parents, coaches, administrators, community) put their blood, sweat, and tears into this... they sacrifice more than anyone will ever know to make these squads the best they can be.

It's so easy to get on here and "fire @ will", but really, if you've got the time for this, then you will never be a champion cheerleader, because the time it requires to post is wasted gym time and every good cheer leader knows the value of gym time in Eastern Kentucky... it's scarce as hen's teeth...

I'm not going to apologize for getting on this rant... I hope the cheer leaders representing the 15th region (and really all those who competed in the 15th region) understand that although I used Pikeville as the example for this, I understand and appreciate all their efforts. I also hope to see all of them competing for State & National titles @ the same time too... sometime. If they have never competed for national titles, state titles, and cheered for a team or two during a school year... not to mention trying to keep their grades up while hopefully staying healthy and having all their money turned in for making a trip anywhere, much less than to nationals...they can not even begin to understand the position of some folks @ this time of year... but the celebration after having competed, given your all, and being successful on any of those levels is a wonderful accomplishment... in fact it's downright SWEET. So to those, who always seem to have something derogatory to say, "JUST STOP IT... stop trying to rain on people's paradeS... it's disrespectful and tacky!"
Lisa Douglas Wrote:Yes. It's called a "handbook"... it's for reading and hopefully comprehending. KAPOS has one... + a National Federation handbook by which to follow. (Each school has it's own handbook as well, but the State does not impede girls from cheering on account of age.) Read it, know it, use it to your advantage...Duh!
Pikeville is good for many reasons & I won't go into all of them, but I am growing sick & tired of hearing and reading about all these folks, who are complaining. If you (your squad or your school's squad(s))want to compete, find out what it takes to be the best, work your tail off, fundraise like no other, sacrifice, and put your squad first... ahead of almost everything in your life, hire (if you can find them) people who would give up their own lives and families needs for you... (oh yeah...that's a real easy one....)
I applaude Pikeville, the administrators (over the years for having the insight to put the right people in the right places and then supporting them and making it happen...) I also applaude a community that has, it seems, many squads and groups all vying for $$ thru contributions and sponsorships.. yet they care enough about these fine young ladies to help them to fundraise and travel to compete for national titles year in and year out. I think... no, I know, it's past time for folks to stop their bellyaching because they aren't committed enough to doing whatever it takes to support their cheer squads...

Pikeville's success doesn't happen with a snap of a finger or a wink in someone's direction... these dedicated people (girls, parents, coaches, administrators, community) put their blood, sweat, and tears into this... they sacrifice more than anyone will ever know to make these squads the best they can be.

It's so easy to get on here and "fire @ will", but really, if you've got the time for this, then you will never be a champion cheerleader, because the time it requires to post is wasted gym time and every good cheer leader knows the value of gym time in Eastern Kentucky... it's scarce as hen's teeth...

I'm not going to apologize for getting on this rant... I hope the cheer leaders representing the 15th region (and really all those who competed in the 15th region) understand that although I used Pikeville as the example for this, I understand and appreciate all their efforts. I also hope to see all of them competing for State & National titles @ the same time too... sometime. If they have never competed for national titles, state titles, and cheered for a team or two during a school year... not to mention trying to keep their grades up while hopefully staying healthy and having all their money turned in for making a trip anywhere, much less than to nationals...they can not even begin to understand the position of some folks @ this time of year... but the celebration after having competed, given your all, and being successful on any of those levels is a wonderful accomplishment... in fact it's downright SWEET. So to those, who always seem to have something derogatory to say, "JUST STOP IT... stop trying to rain on people's paradeS... it's disrespectful and tacky!"

I LOVE IT!!!! :thumpsup:

I do agree that it takes sooooo much more than a bunch of girls getting out there and jumping around. There are TONS of hard work for the coaches, girls, and parents all. Congrats Pikeville on your accomplishments. Keep competing, keep bringing home those titles, and above all... DO NOT GIVE UP!!!!!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Lisa Douglas Wrote:Yes. It's called a "handbook"... it's for reading and hopefully comprehending. KAPOS has one... + a National Federation handbook by which to follow. (Each school has it's own handbook as well, but the State does not impede girls from cheering on account of age.) Read it, know it, use it to your advantage...Duh!

:notworthy Thank You for posting this! People need to realize what really goes on to get teams as dedicated and talented as Pikeville.

But to those who don't like the thought of using younger girls, Pikeville is not the only one who does this. There are plenty. I know Pike Central has two 8th graders competing with them. And I'm pretty sure Sheldon Clark said they've used younger girls too. It is allowed and if the younger girls can handle the pressure and step up to the plate, then there is really no reason to say they can't compete. I'm sure they want it just as bad, if not more, than the high school girls. They have to work harder to prove to the disbelievers that they can compete at the high school level.
in the 14th Region.

Traditional
Estill County.

Small
Perry Central.

Medium
Hazard.

Large
Breathitt County.

Coed
Jackson City

Thanks for the insightful post.

Something else that a lot of people do not know, thes girls cheer an average of three nights a week during basketball season for the girls high school team and the boys junior high team. They also cheer tournament games for the girls junior high in the fall.
& Thank you for posting the result for the Greenup competition! Love those "Twinkles"!
Region12cheer Wrote:Region 12 Winners

McCreary- Small Co-ed
Wayne Co.- Traditional
Somerset-
Southwestern-

......Can't Really remember any other winners or there categories but these are very good contenders Congrats to all teams!

Small Co-ed- is GARRARD COUNTY.. NOT McCreary!