Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: KAPOS Results 2008
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Traditional
*Pikeville (maroon)

Small
1st - Pike Central
2nd - Betsy Layne
3rd - Prestonsburg

Medium
1st - Pikeville (white)
2nd - Magoffin Co.

Large
1st - Belfry
2nd - Johnson Central

Small Coed
*Sheldon Clark

Congrats to all advancing squads!! EVERYBODY had a great performance. The 15th region truly has the most talented squads!

State KAPOS is at Bowling Green. Feb. 16th! See ya there!

:howdy:
Congrats to all of the squads. Not really surprised by the results.
Congrats to the winners!
I thought they looked great and they need to hold their heads high. The Hornets have nothing to be ashamed of.

Congrats to my SC Cardinals! Could have been better (has been better) but I think we made a statement tonight. Everything that messed up is stuff that we can easily fix!

I didn't get to see the showdown between JC and Belfry because SC was warming up, but I would love to see them on video!

I wish more teams would have gone traditional. I love seeing the pom routines every year.
Congrats to all.
Congratulations to all those squads participating and putting the hard work, time, & dedication into last night's 15th Region Competition.

Good Luck to those advancing to State At-Large Competition & Good Luck to all in the coming District In-Game competitions! Remember, it's up to you to set the tone for your school and lead your crowds in support!
Was SC the only co-ed team in it, I noticed no second place team.
slingblade93 Wrote:Was SC the only co-ed team in it, I noticed no second place team.

Probably were. Phelps went Co-ed last year but I don't think they were going to compete this year...

From what I hear they had a great routine!!
I was very impressed by Pikeville's Jr. High cheerleaders and the Pikeville Kindergarten-1st grade girls that could do back handsprings and back flips... Impressive for such young girls.
Panther Thunder Wrote:I was very impressed by Pikeville's Jr. High cheerleaders and the Pikeville Kindergarten-1st grade girls that could do back handsprings and back flips... Impressive for such young girls.

Those little girls were outstanding. It's amazing that they could get that many girls that age in the correct positions.

It was also a treat to see EKU and Morehead's routines. Morehead Co-ed was great!
yeah East Ridge was in it but they dropped out.
I wish they wouldnt have so we could have had
some competition.
=]
The teams with a * beside them are the teams who were in a division by themselves. So they had no competition. The competition was wonderful! Everyone did great!

I do wish more teams would have competed and I know I look forward to seeing more next year. Good luck at state to all advancing squads!

:Wave: <--- We're rooting for you!
Pikeville junior high done great and those little girls were really amazing. They must have an AWESOME coach.
phs1986 Wrote:Probably were. Phelps went Co-ed last year but I don't think they were going to compete this year...

From what I hear they had a great routine!!

Thanks! I made it up! Well not the music and dance, but everything else. We do have a good routine we just need to be cleaner. And we can!

East Ridge was going to compete but we found out when we got there that they dropped out. The girls (and guys, I guess) were disappointed because they actually wanted to "win" instead of just getting to go because they weren't against anyone.
Panther Thunder Wrote:I was very impressed by Pikeville's Jr. High cheerleaders and the Pikeville Kindergarten-1st grade girls that could do back handsprings and back flips... Impressive for such young girls.

They were great! We have an all-star program in Martin Co. and you should see the minis, youth, and well juniors too I guess! lol....We don't have as many but we're good too and I think everyone would have been just as impressed. We were hoping to perform but when we finally got the okay it was too short notice. Hopefully next year they will be there! I think it is so great that so many kids are getting to somewhat advanced levels (for their age) all around our region.
i'm proud of all the teams! everyone did great.
i noticed on of the magoffin co. cheerleaders was hurt, and i hope shes okay!
SC was very dissapointed East Ridge dropped, but we have a great
routine && will try out best to make everyone proud at state!!

good luck everyone && good job!! =]
Why didn't more teams compete??? And what's with a lot of the squads not doing away basketball games anymore, not even districts?? Is cheerleading becoming less popular than it once was or what? To all cheerleading sponsors: We need to have the cheerleaders at all basketball games (home and away) and we need to have a full turnout for KAPOS!!
I agree!
Region 12 Winners

McCreary- Small Co-ed
Wayne Co.- Traditional
Somerset-
Southwestern-

......Can't Really remember any other winners or there categories but these are very good contenders Congrats to all teams!
I was looking at the results of all the competitions so far, and Pike Central has a REALLY REALLY good chance of winning state! I'm so excited for these girls! As well as everyone else!

I think Belfry could do it too! Dunbar is the only one in their way.

North Laurel is Pikeville's threat in Medium. And East Carter is gonna be tough to beat in traditional.

And in Super Large Varsity (a new category) Bowling Green & Greenup County go against each other! I saw Greenups routine and this competition will be fierce! Both are national champions! Good luck to all!! Can't wait `til State!
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:I was looking at the results of all the competitions so far, and Pike Central has a REALLY REALLY good chance of winning state! I'm so excited for these girls! As well as everyone else!

North Laurel is Pikeville's threat in Medium. And East Carter is gonna be tough to beat in traditional.

And in Super Large Varsity (a new category) Bowling Green & Greenup County go against each other! I saw Greenups routine and this competition will be fierce! Both are national champions! Good luck to all!! Can't wait `til State!

LOL...... slow down CCC.... :Clap: .....

SOOOOOOOOOO..... I take it you will be traveling to the state competition?
If you haven't gotten your room yet you better be getting online and TRYING to find one. I do believe they are about or all mostly booked up!!
Region 13

Traditional- Bell Co.

Small- Whitley County
Med. - North Laurel
Large- Clay County
Co-ed- none
phs1986 Wrote:LOL...... slow down CCC.... :Clap: .....

SOOOOOOOOOO..... I take it you will be traveling to the state competition?
If you haven't gotten your room yet you better be getting online and TRYING to find one. I do believe they are about or all mostly booked up!!

Unfortunately I can't go Sad Sad Sad Very sad about that. But I'm going to try finding someone who is going and give them $ and my address to buy a DVD of the competition for me. If it was at EKU again I could go, but I don't know why they moved it this year. Sorry about the last post, I just got really excited, haha
any teams doing state bids that didn't win there are a few co-ed slots open?.....
Does anyone know if pikveille is having a cheer competition in march ?
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:I was looking at the results of all the competitions so far, and Pike Central has a REALLY REALLY good chance of winning state! I'm so excited for these girls! As well as everyone else!

Please don't forget that the 11th region is yet to be held. I assume that Madison Central will win the 11th region small division. I haven't seen Pike Central but I really can't imagine them beating Madison Central in the small division(assuming that MC wins region). Unless PC has team standing back tucks, they won't touch MC. Also Madison Central will be the "cleanest" squad at the entire competition. I understand your love for the 15th region, but I really don't see Pike Central in the top 5.

Also, I believe Belfry was in the bottom 5 in the state comp last year. Maybe they have improved, but there is NO WAY they will beat Dunbar. The medium division will be won by North Laurel. Pikeville's JV will place in top 5. It isn't nearly as difficult for freshman to lift 5th graders as it is for high school girls to compete. I really don't ever see Pikeville's white team winning KAPOS. I have heard several judges from around the state say they don't like for them to compete. It is not the same level of competition.

In the traditional category, I really believe Pikeville will win. GRC (12 time state champion) is down this year. I really think Pikeville can beat them. Also, Williamsburg didn't make it out of region. East Carter has a new coach, so I am anxious to see what they bring this year. If Pikeville has a clean routine they can beat GRC. Whether or not Kapos lets GRC lose this year is still unknown.

Two words for large Co-ed: GRAVES COUNTY
Good luck to all squads!
colonelfan2001 Wrote:Please don't forget that the 11th region is yet to be held. I assume that Madison Central will win the 11th region small division. I haven't seen Pike Central but I really can't imagine them beating Madison Central in the small division(assuming that MC wins region). Unless PC has team standing back tucks, they won't touch MC. Also Madison Central will be the "cleanest" squad at the entire competition. I understand your love for the 15th region, but I really don't see Pike Central in the top 5.

Also, I believe Belfry was in the bottom 5 in the state comp last year. Maybe they have improved, but there is NO WAY they will beat Dunbar. The medium division will be won by North Laurel. Pikeville's JV will place in top 5. It isn't nearly as difficult for freshman to lift 5th graders as it is for high school girls to compete. I really don't ever see Pikeville's white team winning KAPOS. I have heard several judges from around the state say they don't like for them to compete. It is not the same level of competition.

In the traditional category, I really believe Pikeville will win. GRC (12 time state champion) is down this year. I really think Pikeville can beat them. Also, Williamsburg didn't make it out of region. East Carter has a new coach, so I am anxious to see what they bring this year. If Pikeville has a clean routine they can beat GRC. Whether or not Kapos lets GRC lose this year is still unknown.

Good luck to all squads!

I forgot about Madison Central. My apologies. And I didn't say Pike Central WOULD win, I said they had a really good chance. I love Madison Central, they are an awesome squad and can't wait to see their routine this year. But Pike Central is always clean. That's their big thing. They don't always show what they are capable of because if it doesn't look clean enough, they take it out. And I think thats great. More teams should do that. I'd rather see a solid lib than a yucky scale that moves all over the mat. I think Madison will take it, but I'd LOVE for PCC to at least place.

East Carter looks good and their routine is cute. But I definitely thought West Carter's was better. But East Carter will be tough to beat. George Rogers and Dubar will never be defeated. We all know that. No matter what. I'm not saying they don't deserve to win, because I know they do, but I don't see them ever getting beat.

Graves County will definitely come out with the trophy and so will North Laurel. Sad to hear Williamsburg won't be there. They are great competitors.

Belfry improves each and every year. This year they rock! Hope they do great!! Keep us updated on who wins and who will be competing at State!
tpcaper Wrote:Does anyone know if pikveille is having a cheer competition in march ?

Yes. Contact Mrs. W at the school
colonelfan2001 Wrote:Please don't forget that the 11th region is yet to be held. I assume that Madison Central will win the 11th region small division. I haven't seen Pike Central but I really can't imagine them beating Madison Central in the small division(assuming that MC wins region). Unless PC has team standing back tucks, they won't touch MC. Also Madison Central will be the "cleanest" squad at the entire competition. I understand your love for the 15th region, but I really don't see Pike Central in the top 5.

In the traditional category, I really believe Pikeville will win. GRC (12 time state champion) is down this year. I really think Pikeville can beat them. Also, Williamsburg didn't make it out of region. East Carter has a new coach, so I am anxious to see what they bring this year. If Pikeville has a clean routine they can beat GRC. Whether or not Kapos lets GRC lose this year is still unknown. Another by the way comment, the White squad has won four Kapos state titles under Mrs. W.

Good luck to all squads!

To start with, the squad is not JV. It is a junior high squad (6-8 grade). The fifth graders are on the AAU squad. School policy prevents the fifth graders from competing. As to the level of competition, they finished second last year competing against 4A schools who have ONE squad at their high school. You are talking about a class A school with two squads that can compete on the state level. And by the way, the school system tells them that they must compete in the KAPOS competition. Good luck to all EKY squads.
hillbilly Wrote:To start with, the squad is not JV. It is a junior high squad (6-8 grade). The fifth graders are on the AAU squad. School policy prevents the fifth graders from competing. As to the level of competition, they finished second last year competing against 4A schools who have ONE squad at their high school. You are talking about a class A school with two squads that can compete on the state level. And by the way, the school system tells them that they must compete in the KAPOS competition. Good luck to all EKY squads.

I understand that they competed against 4A schools. Great! But the point I am trying to make is their flyers are ALWAYS super small. It is alot easier to base and fly with these small girls. I don't think it is equal playing field for them to compete against high school girls. Also, where do all of the freshman cheer? I know they are not all on the Maroon team, are they? Are you saying that the only girls on the "white" are 6-8 grades ONLY? I find this hard to believe. I just hear alot of people in the stands complaining about watching this team compete against all high school teams. I know that people from Pikeville Independent are really proud of these girls. I think a more appropriate competition would be the Middle School state competition, since the girls on the white team are grades 6-8 only. I think Pikeville white will come in second/third behind North Laurel, depending on how the 11th region representative looks tomorrow.
Pages: 1 2