Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County replaces Danville on Their Schedule
(04-24-2024, 10:38 AM)FCSPY Wrote:
(04-24-2024, 09:11 AM)FastScreen435 Wrote:
(04-23-2024, 11:56 AM)Jack Lambert Wrote:
(04-22-2024, 01:32 PM)FastScreen435 Wrote:
(04-19-2024, 01:57 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: Not a wise decision!
Why do you feel like not playing the best of the best is a wise decision?

Too much to lose and not enough to gain!

1- risking injury to one of the star players that can’t be replaced
2- RPI effect
3- once again Injuries to any of the starters
4- what do they really gain other than bragging rights if they win which isn’t likely
Boyle will receive a .50 in the RPI for playing out of state. Danville RPI last year was .38 so it actually helps. Also I doubt Hopkinsville was interested in scheduling Boyle.

(04-23-2024, 12:36 PM)FCSPY Wrote: Boyle County fans for once not so excited! LOL. Put your money where your mouth is!!!!!!
Boyle fans are more excited to drive to OH and play St. Ed's than they were last year to have to travel to Franklin in the cold to watch a beat down.

HAHAH, Yea yea, always an easy comeback. We will see how excited you are when driving back!! Enjoy it while you can, We are still hanging around.

(04-23-2024, 08:53 PM)BEChargers Wrote:
(04-23-2024, 12:36 PM)FCSPY Wrote: Boyle County fans for once not so excited! LOL. Put your money where your mouth is!!!!!!

Win something, then start talking......

Nah, Ill continue to talk as normal. As good as you guys are,  I am not sure why you are not traveling out of state more often? Boyle not have the budget to go seek out the best venues?

Guys, get to tore up. We all know Boyle is the team to beat in our state and especially 4a. But it doesnt make you all immune from a little goat getting.... You guys are spoiled.. I hope we can be the ones to knock  ya down!!! But yes its a long shot, and we haven't won a thing. But we been as close as any over the last few years. Go ST EDWARDS!!!

Guys, get to tore up. We all know Boyle is the team to beat in our state and especially 4a. But it doesnt make you all immune from a little goat getting.... You guys are spoiled.. I hope we can be the ones to knock  ya down!!! But yes its a long shot, and we haven't won a thing. But we been as close as any over the last few years. Go ST EDWARDS!!!

Keep filling those cases in your halls with CLOSE trophies and we'll keep scheduling tough opponents to prepare us for December football!
[-] The following 2 users Like toolaidback's post:
  • Jack Lambert, Westside
(04-24-2024, 11:46 AM)toolaidback Wrote:
(04-24-2024, 10:38 AM)FCSPY Wrote:
(04-24-2024, 09:11 AM)FastScreen435 Wrote:
(04-23-2024, 11:56 AM)Jack Lambert Wrote:
(04-22-2024, 01:32 PM)FastScreen435 Wrote: Why do you feel like not playing the best of the best is a wise decision?

Too much to lose and not enough to gain!

1- risking injury to one of the star players that can’t be replaced
2- RPI effect
3- once again Injuries to any of the starters
4- what do they really gain other than bragging rights if they win which isn’t likely
Boyle will receive a .50 in the RPI for playing out of state. Danville RPI last year was .38 so it actually helps. Also I doubt Hopkinsville was interested in scheduling Boyle.

Boyle fans are more excited to drive to OH and play St. Ed's than they were last year to have to travel to Franklin in the cold to watch a beat down.

HAHAH, Yea yea, always an easy comeback. We will see how excited you are when driving back!! Enjoy it while you can, We are still hanging around.

(04-23-2024, 08:53 PM)BEChargers Wrote:

Win something, then start talking......

Nah, Ill continue to talk as normal. As good as you guys are,  I am not sure why you are not traveling out of state more often? Boyle not have the budget to go seek out the best venues?

Keep filling those cases in your halls with CLOSE trophies and we'll keep scheduling tough opponents to prepare us for December football!
Ok! Thanks so much.
(04-23-2024, 02:05 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: Not sure how true it is but I was told that Boyle could have played Hopkinsville the same week that they’re playing ST Edwards,  not sure if the scared mom comment was directed at me but what if you lose Quisenberry to injury for the rest of the season or any of the starters as far as that goes will playing the game have been worth the price!!!

Absolutely Not!!!
Ohio football is an entirely different Animal!

There were 0 teams that offered to play Boyle when the game was posted. 

With 0 teams willing to play and this game being way better for the RPI than Danville would have been I am not sure why you are so against it? were they supposed to just stay open? if you know like you say later in this post that injury can happen at anytime then why use that as an argument? Last year BC played Perry County Central who was atrocious but they had one of the dirtiest players I have ever seen. This player could have easily ended the season of several athletes and that was against a bad team. I get that you aren't in favor of BC playing this game but with no other options they took the only open door.
[-] The following 2 users Like Riverbank Rifleman's post:
  • FCSPY, Rebel55
(04-23-2024, 12:40 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: St. Edwards will expose Boyle of any weaknesses and Boyle can learned what to fix for the playoffs. I'm sure Haddix had a hard time finding someone in Kentucky to play Boyle this year this late. I also trust in Haddix's decision and if he feels this will help the Rebels for for #13 I agree with him. Don't know anything about this team from Ohio but I do know Boyle has a ton of talent and 5 kids I can think of right now with D1 power 5 offers.

Haddix knows more football than I do and I trust his decision to play this team. I do agree with injuries and that does concern me but you can't be a scared mom and keep your kids away from danger. This is Football not Band.

I'm not scared of anyone with this 24 Rebel team.

(04-23-2024, 12:40 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: St. Edwards will expose Boyle of  any weaknesses and Boyle can learned what to fix for the playoffs.  I'm sure Haddix had a hard time finding someone in Kentucky to play Boyle this year this late.  I also trust in Haddix's decision and if he feels this will help the Rebels for #13 I agree with him.  Don't know anything about this team from Ohio but I do know Boyle has a ton of talent and 5 kids I can think of right now with D1 power 5 offers. 

Haddix knows more football than I do and I trust his decision to play this team.  I do agree with injuries and that does concern me but you can't be a scared mom and keep your kids away from danger.  This is Football not Band.

(04-24-2024, 12:28 PM)Riverbank Rifleman Wrote:
(04-23-2024, 02:05 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: Not sure how true it is but I was told that Boyle could have played Hopkinsville the same week that they’re playing ST Edwards,  not sure if the scared mom comment was directed at me but what if you lose Quisenberry to injury for the rest of the season or any of the starters as far as that goes will playing the game have been worth the price!!!

Absolutely Not!!!

With 0 teams willing to play and this game being way better for the RPI than Danville would have been I am not sure why you are so against it? were they supposed to just stay open? if you know like you say later in this post that injury can happen at anytime then why use that as an argument? Last year BC played Perry County Central who was atrocious but they had one of the dirtiest players I have ever seen. This player could have easily ended the season of several athletes and that was against a bad team. I get that you aren't in favor of BC playing this game but with no other options they took the only open door.

I’ve already given my reasons for thinking it’s not a wise decision in multiple posts so I’m not explaining it again, you know what they say about opinions that’s why everybody has one, if Boyle comes out of the game unscathed and injury free no harm no foul but if they lose one of their stars for the rest of the season then it damn sure wasn’t worth it!!!

On a side note I can’t say that this is the absolute truth but I was told by someone affiliated with the team that Hopkinsville was open to playing Boyle but I guess only Justin or Travis know for sure.
(04-24-2024, 06:33 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote:
(04-23-2024, 12:40 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: St. Edwards will expose Boyle of  any weaknesses and Boyle can learned what to fix for the playoffs.  I'm sure Haddix had a hard time finding someone in Kentucky to play Boyle this year this late.  I also trust in Haddix's decision and if he feels this will help the Rebels for for #13 I agree with him.  Don't know anything about this team from Ohio but I do know Boyle has a ton of talent and 5 kids I can think of right now with D1 power 5 offers. 

Haddix knows more football than I do and I trust his decision to play this team.  I do agree with injuries and that does concern me but you can't be a scared mom and keep your kids away from danger.  This is Football not Band.

(04-23-2024, 12:40 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: St. Edwards will expose Boyle of  any weaknesses and Boyle can learned what to fix for the playoffs.  I'm sure Haddix had a hard time finding someone in Kentucky to play Boyle this year this late.  I also trust in Haddix's decision and if he feels this will help the Rebels for #13 I agree with him.  Don't know anything about this team from Ohio but I do know Boyle has a ton of talent and 5 kids I can think of right now with D1 power 5 offers. 

(04-24-2024, 12:28 PM)Riverbank Rifleman Wrote:

Absolutely Not!!!

I’ve already given my reasons for thinking it’s not a wise decision in multiple posts so I’m not explaining it again, you know what they say about opinions that’s why everybody has one, if Boyle comes out of the game unscathed and injury free no harm no foul but if they lose one of their stars for the rest of the season then it damn sure wasn’t worth it!!!

On a side note I can’t say that this is the absolute truth but I was told by someone affiliated with the team that Hopkinsville was open to playing Boyle but I guess only Justin or Travis know for sure.

I think you are right about the risk/reward balance here. I don't think the benefits of playing an opponent of this caliber are worth the risks(mainly injury) involved. I do understand Justin's wanting to challenge his team against the very best but it might not be the wisest decision . We'll see.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Jack Lambert
(04-23-2024, 12:40 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: St. Edwards will expose Boyle of  any weaknesses and Boyle can learned what to fix for the playoffs.  I'm sure Haddix had a hard time finding someone in Kentucky to play Boyle this year this late.  I also trust in Haddix's decision and if he feels this will help the Rebels for for #13 I agree with him.  Don't know anything about this team from Ohio but I do know Boyle has a ton of talent and 5 kids I can think of right now with D1 power 5 offers. 

Absolutely Not!!!

The only thing you have said that I agree with so far is that only Travis and Justin know for sure. On a side note I can with about 99% certainty tell you that no team in the state of KY reached out to Boyle when they posted that they were open. That is also not second hand information.
(04-25-2024, 09:45 AM)Riverbank Rifleman Wrote:

Absolutely Not!!!

The only thing you have said that I agree with so far is that only Travis and Justin know for sure. On a side note I can with about 99% certainty tell you that no team in the state of KY reached out to Boyle when they posted that they were open. That is also not second hand information.
While I am sure the list of people wanting to play Boyle in Kentucky is very short.. BUT... not many people had an opening for next year, when the slot became available. IT was not everyone shaking in their shoes, like some would like to say.
(04-25-2024, 10:17 AM)FCSPY Wrote:
(04-25-2024, 09:45 AM)Riverbank Rifleman Wrote:

Absolutely Not!!!

While I am sure the list of people wanting to play Boyle in Kentucky is very short.. BUT... not many people had an opening for next year, when the slot became available. IT was not everyone shaking in their shoes, like some would like to say.

I am not saying that was the case so if it was implied that I was that was not my intent. I am simply saying no one could/would play them that week in 24'.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Riverbank Rifleman's post:
  • FCSPY
(04-25-2024, 09:45 AM)Riverbank Rifleman Wrote:

Absolutely Not!!!

I honestly don’t care whether you agree with me or not, I’m definitely not looking for your approval we’ll just have to agree to disagree!!!
Who cares? Move on . The schedule is set.
[-] The following 1 user Likes back country's post:
  • Holy Bull
(04-19-2024, 01:42 PM)Hatz Wrote: They will be traveling to play St. Edwards Ohio. St. Eds finished #31 in Cal Preps and #16 in Max Preps for the final HS rankings. They have won 3 state championship in a row. The game will be played Saturday September 7th at 1PM EST. 

Stepping up.  

I agree with Old School Hound in the fact that Boyle doesn't care if they play on the road or at home this year in any round in the playoffs. What I see is an opportunity to get better. I think this is a good opportunity to see where Boyle is for this coming season. I see where some of the opponents of St. Edwards played Trinity and ST. X. Boyle will be fine. Big time scheduling by a fearless coach IMO. When I first saw it I was like dang... Man flat out is not afraid bro.... Thats all I can say. I hope its streamed....
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Holy Bull, Westside
(04-25-2024, 10:18 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(04-19-2024, 01:42 PM)Hatz Wrote: They will be traveling to play St. Edwards Ohio. St. Eds finished #31 in Cal Preps and #16 in Max Preps for the final HS rankings. They have won 3 state championship in a row. The game will be played Saturday September 7th at 1PM EST. 

Stepping up.  

I agree with Old School Hound in the fact that Boyle doesn't care if they play on the road or at home this year in any round in the playoffs. What I see is an opportunity to get better. I think this is a good opportunity to see where Boyle is for this coming season. I see where some of the opponents of St. Edwards played Trinity and ST. X. Boyle will be fine. Big time scheduling by a fearless coach IMO. When I first saw it I was like dang... Man flat out is not afraid bro.... Thats all I can say. I hope its streamed....

Yeah, Justin and Boyle aren't concerned about where they play in the playoffs. They are confident they can beat anyone on ANY field, and they are extremely justified in feeling that way.  I do, however, think Jack makes a very salient point about the risk of injury against a very strong opponent like St. Ed's  that plays a very punishing style of football. If you lose a star player or two as a result of this game, was it worth it? I , like Jack, think not. Hoptown might have been the more prudent opponent to schedule, if that was indeed an option. Jmo.
I got up getting my coffee this morning and cant help but think about this matchup when I get on BGR...  I am officially naming Haddix a new name....
Justin "Pit Bull" Haddix"  Smile [Image: https://preview.redd.it/gh9falqgruf01.jp...cfd7371315]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Holy Bull
1) St Ed's streams its home games. See St Ed's website.
2) Did someone actually compare Haddix to a dog? Really? Hahahaha
[-] The following 1 user Likes Iggyfan's post:
  • Bull got out!
(04-26-2024, 09:30 AM)Iggyfan Wrote: 1) St Ed's streams its home games. See St Ed's website.
2) Did someone actually compare Haddix to a dog? Really? Hahahaha

Smile LOL, he will laugh at it.
Now they play THE SCHOOL FOR THE BLIND.
This game will be a distant replay of Douglass v. Bishop Hoban last season.

But I will definitely be rooting for the Rebels and Coach Boone Goldsmith.