Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reading The Entire Bible
I recently accomplished something that I never dreamed that I would accomplish.  I read the entire Holy Bible.  I read The Old Testament, Psalms, Proverbs, and The New Testament.  It took me over two years, but I was reading other books as well.  I guess the most I spent reading The Holy Bible in one day was about 40 minutes.  I guess I averaged about 20 minutes a day on the days that I chose to read The Holy Bible.  This is actually the third time I have read The New Testament.  I know there is a huge difference in reading The Holy Bible and studying The Holy Bible.  

With stating all that, I still sin daily.  I am human.  No one is perfect, and I am so far from perfect that it isn't even fun.  Regardless, I am proud of my accomplishment.
[-] The following 3 users Like Westside's post:
  • Bull got out!, Colonel4Life1999, jetpilot
Awesome stuff Westy and something I can't say that I have accomplished myself. I definitely want to get deeper in my faith and start studying the bible.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • Bull got out!
(04-08-2024, 07:56 PM)Westside Wrote: I recently accomplished something that I never dreamed that I would accomplish.  I read the entire Holy Bible.  I read The Old Testament, Psalms, Proverbs, and The New Testament.  It took me over two years, but I was reading other books as well.  I guess the most I spent reading The Holy Bible in one day was about 40 minutes.  I guess I averaged about 20 minutes a day on the days that I chose to read The Holy Bible.  This is actually the third time I have read The New Testament.  I know there is a huge difference in reading The Holy Bible and studying The Holy Bible.  

With stating all that, I still sin daily.  I am human.  No one is perfect, and I am so far from perfect that it isn't even fun.  Regardless, I am proud of my accomplishment.

That is totally awesome and so cool! Congrats, what an accomplishment. Please share what your favorite books/verses are.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Bull got out!
(04-09-2024, 10:45 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(04-08-2024, 07:56 PM)Westside Wrote: I recently accomplished something that I never dreamed that I would accomplish.  I read the entire Holy Bible.  I read The Old Testament, Psalms, Proverbs, and The New Testament.  It took me over two years, but I was reading other books as well.  I guess the most I spent reading The Holy Bible in one day was about 40 minutes.  I guess I averaged about 20 minutes a day on the days that I chose to read The Holy Bible.  This is actually the third time I have read The New Testament.  I know there is a huge difference in reading The Holy Bible and studying The Holy Bible.  

That is totally awesome and so cool! Congrats, what an accomplishment. Please share what your favorite books/verses are.
(04-10-2024, 11:59 AM)Westside Wrote:
(04-09-2024, 10:45 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

Thanks JP.  My favorite book is probably Proverbs.  My favorite verse is Ecclesiastes verse 9 chapter 11- I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Westside's post:
  • jetpilot
I'm going to chime in on this subject. I myself have been involved in a bible study at home putting in a lot of time just searching the scriptures. I have come across so much that I didn't know before.  My favorite part of study is the Mystery that was given to Paul. I have spent alot of time trying to understand some of what is being said. Here is just a little bit. 

1. Paul (Saul) was saved in Acts 9. 
2. Paul was given the Mystery that was kept secret since before the world began. Ephesians 3:9
3. Paul was a minister to the Gentiles. Paul is the Apostle of the Gentiles. Romans 11:13
4. Paul was a Preacher, Apostle, Teacher of the Gentiles 2 Timothy 1:11
5. Paul gives us Our Gospel by which we are saved today. 1st Corinthians 15:1-4
A few Salvation verses
The Gospel: 1st Corinthians 1-6
Romans 6:23
Romans 1:16-19
Romans 5:8
Romans 4:5
Ephesians 1:13-14

6. Paul says his Gospel is what we will be judged by after we die. Romans 2:16
7. Paul says this dispensation of Grace was given to me to you.... he talks about this mystery that had never been revealed by any other writer in the scriptures other than what he is writing which is the Revelation of the Mystery. Ephesians 3:1-8 Key word in verse 8 is unsearchable riches that you will not find any other place in the bible other than Paul's writings. It was a secret kept Hidden since the world began. Ephesians 3:9
8. Paul says in Galatians 1:6-9 A warning to those who are perverting the Gospel in which he was presenting to the Gentiles when he was beginning the early church. 
9. Paul certifies the gospel preached by him is not after man or taught of man but by a revelation of the risen Saviour. Galatians 1:11-12

I have been looking for answers for 50 years and I know it can be confusing sometimes and alot of different views out of the same book. Something that helped me is to ask for God to open my heart and understanding as I read the scripture and study. This doesn't happen in 1 day. It takes time and patience. Acts 16:14 is a verse where Lydia a seller of purple who worshiped God and God opened her heart after Paul witnessed to her and she then got saved. So the key is God has to do the work and the revealing. You have to ask and search the scriptures. Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God. Romans 10:17 

So definitely read as much as you can and often as you can. I neglected to read for years and study, I made a effort this past Christmas to challenge myself to start refreshing myself back in the word and I have been doing a bible study daily. Spending as much time as possible in the scriptures. If you are looking for a good bible study person to help your understanding. Check out Les Feldick. I don't promote hardly anyone. But I have listened to a lot of people, and I don't mind sharing Les with anyone because you are not force fed, you can study and make up your own mind as he presents the scripture and shows what it says vs what it doesn't say. 

https://lesfeldick.org/