Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Reading The Entire Bible
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently accomplished something that I never dreamed that I would accomplish.  I read the entire Holy Bible.  I read The Old Testament, Psalms, Proverbs, and The New Testament.  It took me over two years, but I was reading other books as well.  I guess the most I spent reading The Holy Bible in one day was about 40 minutes.  I guess I averaged about 20 minutes a day on the days that I chose to read The Holy Bible.  This is actually the third time I have read The New Testament.  I know there is a huge difference in reading The Holy Bible and studying The Holy Bible.  

With stating all that, I still sin daily.  I am human.  No one is perfect, and I am so far from perfect that it isn't even fun.  Regardless, I am proud of my accomplishment.
Awesome stuff Westy and something I can't say that I have accomplished myself. I definitely want to get deeper in my faith and start studying the bible.
(04-08-2024, 07:56 PM)Westside Wrote: [ -> ]I recently accomplished something that I never dreamed that I would accomplish.  I read the entire Holy Bible.  I read The Old Testament, Psalms, Proverbs, and The New Testament.  It took me over two years, but I was reading other books as well.  I guess the most I spent reading The Holy Bible in one day was about 40 minutes.  I guess I averaged about 20 minutes a day on the days that I chose to read The Holy Bible.  This is actually the third time I have read The New Testament.  I know there is a huge difference in reading The Holy Bible and studying The Holy Bible.  

With stating all that, I still sin daily.  I am human.  No one is perfect, and I am so far from perfect that it isn't even fun.  Regardless, I am proud of my accomplishment.

That is totally awesome and so cool! Congrats, what an accomplishment. Please share what your favorite books/verses are.
(04-09-2024, 10:45 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-08-2024, 07:56 PM)Westside Wrote: [ -> ]I recently accomplished something that I never dreamed that I would accomplish.  I read the entire Holy Bible.  I read The Old Testament, Psalms, Proverbs, and The New Testament.  It took me over two years, but I was reading other books as well.  I guess the most I spent reading The Holy Bible in one day was about 40 minutes.  I guess I averaged about 20 minutes a day on the days that I chose to read The Holy Bible.  This is actually the third time I have read The New Testament.  I know there is a huge difference in reading The Holy Bible and studying The Holy Bible.  

That is totally awesome and so cool! Congrats, what an accomplishment. Please share what your favorite books/verses are.
(04-10-2024, 11:59 AM)Westside Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-09-2024, 10:45 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks JP.  My favorite book is probably Proverbs.  My favorite verse is Ecclesiastes verse 9 chapter 11- I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.
I'm going to chime in on this subject. I myself have been involved in a bible study at home putting in a lot of time just searching the scriptures. I have come across so much that I didn't know before.  My favorite part of study is the Mystery that was given to Paul. I have spent alot of time trying to understand some of what is being said. Here is just a little bit. 

1. Paul (Saul) was saved in Acts 9. 
2. Paul was given the Mystery that was kept secret since before the world began. Ephesians 3:9
3. Paul was a minister to the Gentiles. Paul is the Apostle of the Gentiles. Romans 11:13
4. Paul was a Preacher, Apostle, Teacher of the Gentiles 2 Timothy 1:11
5. Paul gives us Our Gospel by which we are saved today. 1st Corinthians 15:1-4
A few Salvation verses
The Gospel: 1st Corinthians 1-6
Romans 6:23
Romans 1:16-19
Romans 5:8
Romans 4:5
Ephesians 1:13-14

6. Paul says his Gospel is what we will be judged by after we die. Romans 2:16
7. Paul says this dispensation of Grace was given to me to you.... he talks about this mystery that had never been revealed by any other writer in the scriptures other than what he is writing which is the Revelation of the Mystery. Ephesians 3:1-8 Key word in verse 8 is unsearchable riches that you will not find any other place in the bible other than Paul's writings. It was a secret kept Hidden since the world began. Ephesians 3:9
8. Paul says in Galatians 1:6-9 A warning to those who are perverting the Gospel in which he was presenting to the Gentiles when he was beginning the early church. 
9. Paul certifies the gospel preached by him is not after man or taught of man but by a revelation of the risen Saviour. Galatians 1:11-12

I have been looking for answers for 50 years and I know it can be confusing sometimes and alot of different views out of the same book. Something that helped me is to ask for God to open my heart and understanding as I read the scripture and study. This doesn't happen in 1 day. It takes time and patience. Acts 16:14 is a verse where Lydia a seller of purple who worshiped God and God opened her heart after Paul witnessed to her and she then got saved. So the key is God has to do the work and the revealing. You have to ask and search the scriptures. Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God. Romans 10:17 

So definitely read as much as you can and often as you can. I neglected to read for years and study, I made a effort this past Christmas to challenge myself to start refreshing myself back in the word and I have been doing a bible study daily. Spending as much time as possible in the scriptures. If you are looking for a good bible study person to help your understanding. Check out Les Feldick. I don't promote hardly anyone. But I have listened to a lot of people, and I don't mind sharing Les with anyone because you are not force fed, you can study and make up your own mind as he presents the scripture and shows what it says vs what it doesn't say. 

https://lesfeldick.org/
^^^Maybe the best post ever on the site Bull. Paul is my favorite person in the Bible other than Jesus and Mary. Question, how long to you strive to study each day?
(04-26-2024, 08:20 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]I'm going to chime in on this subject. I myself have been involved in a bible study at home putting in a lot of time just searching the scriptures. I have come across so much that I didn't know before.  My favorite part of study is the Mystery that was given to Paul. I have spent alot of time trying to understand some of what is being said. Here is just a little bit. 

1. Paul (Saul) was saved in Acts 9. 
2. Paul was given the Mystery that was kept secret since before the world began. Ephesians 3:9
3. Paul was a minister to the Gentiles. Paul is the Apostle of the Gentiles. Romans 11:13
4. Paul was a Preacher, Apostle, Teacher of the Gentiles 2 Timothy 1:11
5. Paul gives us Our Gospel by which we are saved today. 1st Corinthians 15:1-4
A few Salvation verses
The Gospel: 1st Corinthians 1-6
Romans 6:23
Romans 1:16-19
Romans 5:8
Romans 4:5
Ephesians 1:13-14

6. Paul says his Gospel is what we will be judged by after we die. Romans 2:16
7. Paul says this dispensation of Grace was given to me to you.... he talks about this mystery that had never been revealed by any other writer in the scriptures other than what he is writing which is the Revelation of the Mystery. Ephesians 3:1-8 Key word in verse 8 is unsearchable riches that you will not find any other place in the bible other than Paul's writings. It was a secret kept Hidden since the world began. Ephesians 3:9
8. Paul says in Galatians 1:6-9 A warning to those who are perverting the Gospel in which he was presenting to the Gentiles when he was beginning the early church. 
9. Paul certifies the gospel preached by him is not after man or taught of man but by a revelation of the risen Saviour. Galatians 1:11-12

I have been looking for answers for 50 years and I know it can be confusing sometimes and alot of different views out of the same book. Something that helped me is to ask for God to open my heart and understanding as I read the scripture and study. This doesn't happen in 1 day. It takes time and patience. Acts 16:14 is a verse where Lydia a seller of purple who worshiped God and God opened her heart after Paul witnessed to her and she then got saved. So the key is God has to do the work and the revealing. You have to ask and search the scriptures. Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God. Romans 10:17 

So definitely read as much as you can and often as you can. I neglected to read for years and study, I made a effort this past Christmas to challenge myself to start refreshing myself back in the word and I have been doing a bible study daily. Spending as much time as possible in the scriptures. If you are looking for a good bible study person to help your understanding. Check out Les Feldick. I don't promote hardly anyone. But I have listened to a lot of people, and I don't mind sharing Les with anyone because you are not force fed, you can study and make up your own mind as he presents the scripture and shows what it says vs what it doesn't say. 

https://lesfeldick.org/

Bull, I  just now saw this post, or I would have responded sooner.  You are actually researching and studying, which is a lot more in-depth than I have ever done.  Growing up my mom and dad took me to church most Sundays, so I have a little knowledge about The Bible but not as much as one would think.
(05-06-2024, 02:14 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]^^^Maybe the best post ever on the site Bull. Paul is my favorite person in the Bible other than Jesus and Mary. Question, how long to you strive to study each day?

My favorite person from The Bible is David.  This could change as I learn more.  I know he had a major weakness for women which led him to commit adultery and also led him to, in a way, have a man killed, but I liked the fact he was successful despite so many factors being against him.
(05-06-2024, 02:14 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]^^^Maybe the best post ever on the site Bull. Paul is my favorite person in the Bible other than Jesus and Mary. Question, how long to you strive to study each day?

I try to listen, watch or read as much as possible but at least hour and sometimes if I can 2 hours a day. Reading is sometimes just hard to comprehend what it is saying without having a honest teacher not trying to mislead you on the meaning of what it is saying. So thats where the Les guy comes in at. The best thing to do is just listen to a couple of his lessons and if its not for you then you will know. But if I mow, or travel, I try to listen to a study and it helps me. One thing I learned is the more you flood your heart with the truth, the more you want it. Its all pure and free. Phillipians 4:8 Cant honestly read enough.
(05-06-2024, 08:55 AM)Westside Wrote: [ -> ]

My favorite person from The Bible is David.  This could change as I learn more.  I know he had a major weakness for women which led him to commit adultery and also led him to, in a way, have a man killed, but I liked the fact he was successful despite so many factors being against him.

I'll use this example of myself. If I put my life on the big screen, then I'm guilty as charged. No way I deserve anything and shouldn't. But that's the beauty of what the Bible is telling us. It's not what we do, it's what he did on that Cross that saves us. If we believe in the finished work of the Cross and by Faith that what he did is sufficient for us. So many stories and real issues in the Bible. That relate to us today. The Bible takes time to understand, I am ever learning daily honestly. You will figure out something that you didn't know, and it opens up a whole different perspective or outlook on things. Now that you have read the bible and got a overview, the next best thing is to take a bible teacher like Les and start studying a topic. What I did is start in Mathew and went through the New Testament with him and it takes a while, but you talk about opening up the scriptures. Like I said, I don't like condemnation preaching, I like learning and seeing what the scripture really says. But if you are going to pick a topic of study, study Apostle Paul and ask yourself why was he chosen. To whom was he sent and why? Why did he leave his past when he had is made in the Jews Religion to do the work of Christ. Paul they say ran to the chopping block when he was beheaded. I couldn't imagine honestly. So what he saw, he believed it was worth it all to die for and to give up his former positions and power to preach the body of Christ for Christ for the Church.
Some interesting thoughts: 

The Red Sea Crossing was estimated to be around 5-7 million Hebrews who crossed on dry ground. Could we really imagine in Eastern Kentucky that many people walking down the road? Unreal. If you want to see some interesting food for thought about bible history found check out Roy Wyatts videos.

Also check out all his videos about the discoveries that has been found but not publicized.