Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Kentucky Baseball
They beat the Cards last night 17-13 (midweek games aren’t known for pitching). In fact, their only losses are to Missouri, Sanford, Washington St. and Kennesaw St. (twice). When the Cats top pitchers throw, they win. Tennessee also has 30 wins, so if we could win at least 2-of-3 this weekend that would be huge.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Van Hagar's post:
  • Cactus Jack
Huge series Saturday
Fun stuff. Who knew the Bat Cats would be our best sports team among football , basketball, and baseball teams?
Huge come from behind win for the Cats over the Vols to get the Game 1 win of the series. These dudes are for real.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bluecat's post:
  • Old School Hound
Was at the series finale Sunday. Was hoping that Mason Moore (my cousin) would've had a solid outing, started out good letting his defense work for him, and the bats where hot early but the 6th inning was a complete implosion. Maybe I am biased but for those that were there would probably feel the same, but sure wasn't Masons fault, he was getting rocked and the manager left him out there to dry, finally pulling him after UT tied it 6-6. Sure wasn't a pitchers duel, 10 home runs combined between the teams. Hopefully this doesn't set Kentucky back any and they can keep the momentum going on what has been a historic season.
I don't think it sets them back. Tennessee was 4 in the rankings coming in. Cats need to bounce back against South Carolina this weekend.

Arkansas next weekend.
  • -STAT-
(04-23-2024, 02:16 PM)Bluecat Wrote: I don't think it sets them back. Tennessee was 4 in the rankings coming in. Cats need to bounce back against South Carolina this weekend.

Arkansas next weekend.

I don't think that it will either, but baseball is a strange sport where anything can happen. One thing is for certain, it doesn't get any easier with Arkansas coming to town next weekend.
Crazy how at the start of the season everyone was talking about UK being a small ball type team. Yes they still do it, but this team has really turned it up with the bats. Even in the loss to Tennessee they are putting up the runs.
If we can go into South Carolina and take at least two of three this weekend, then I think everything is still full steam ahead. They would set up an epic showdown with Arkansas next weekend at home, might break even more attendance records.
Win the SC series and we should be a Top 8 Seed. Definitely going to be hosting a Regional. If we can secure a Top Seed and host a Super that would be a great situation. Going to LSU was an almost impossible feat last season for the Supers.
  • Van Hagar
What a tough loss to take in game one of the series with South Carolina. Game was 1-1 going into the ninth, Cats get three to go up 4-1. Game over right? But Carolina hits THREE solo homers in bottom of the inning to force extras. Then after Cats get up 5-4 in the 10th, Carolina hits a one-out, two-run homer to win the game 6-5.

This loss scares me a little, might be tough to bounce back on the road after losing one like that. Cats have now lost three straight conference games.