Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Belfry (OPEN)
(03-20-2024, 01:55 AM)P. Fanning Wrote:
(03-20-2024, 01:39 AM)Khalisimo Wrote:
(03-19-2024, 12:36 PM)P. Fanning Wrote: Always an excuse or a "but" for some people. If he really wanted the job and Belfry was interested, I'm sure he could find a place closer to the school so that drive wouldn't be as much for himi.
and some people want to get on a forum and act like they have a clue about the work and family life of an unnamed coach at an unnamed program but keep saying stuff and some of it will be true eventually !

And some people love to get on a forum and act like insiders saying they heard this, or heard that but never come out with names. Again, always an excuse or a "but" for some people.
lol an insider............ i heard nothing in an official capacity but had conversation with two guys i had never met before last week one who is a multi time champion and the other who is his assistant who said it would be the kind of job hed want but the location does not work for him. what would be the point of saying names of two guys who are happy where they are and were having a regular conversation with someone? no use in that assistant taking on unneeded drama bout if he is or isnt stayin for next year.... if i told ya much more itd be pretty obvious who it was and i dont want that...... he thought from his perspective it was a good job that the right coach could win at but his day job prevents him from being that guy

it isnt as if what i said was a "scoop" id give more info if it was just thought it was an interesting comment about how an outsider saw the program ....... and im not sure i even agree with him !
If you really want to know who’s getting the job just ask the assistant coaches son, Hagy’s nephew. He’s the boy that announces at Belfry basketball games and is a teacher at the school
(03-21-2024, 02:06 PM)ECU_2010 Wrote: If you really want to know who’s getting the job just ask the assistant coaches son, Hagy’s nephew. He’s the boy that announces at Belfry basketball games and is a teacher at the school

Heard today they have their man and the search is over. Just going through motions.
(03-21-2024, 02:56 PM)RTruth Wrote:
(03-21-2024, 02:06 PM)ECU_2010 Wrote: If you really want to know who’s getting the job just ask the assistant coaches son, Hagy’s nephew. He’s the boy that announces at Belfry basketball games and is a teacher at the school

Heard today they have their man and the search is over. Just going through motions.

Who?
yikes
(03-21-2024, 08:30 PM)Khalisimo Wrote:
yikes

Are you saying Hagy's nephew is getting the job?
(03-22-2024, 01:17 PM)WarHawk12 Wrote:
yikes

i am not....... doomsday scenario
yikes

No. He’s one of the several people that get to choose
(03-22-2024, 09:34 PM)ECU_2010 Wrote:
yikes

As I’m sitting in one of our fine establishments in Pikeville, I’m having this very discussion with some fine people in your area.

The only person choosing anything for your school is Mark Gannon. Don’t let anyone put the decision that’s going to be made on anyone else.
yikes

It’s laughable that anyone would think that’s true.
(03-12-2024, 07:57 AM)TribeTime Wrote: I’d call Bart Williams. From the area and has had great success.

I think Bart is done for good but maybe a few years off he’s getting the itch again.
(03-22-2024, 10:16 PM)RTruth Wrote:
yikes

As I’m sitting in one of our fine establishments in Pikeville, I’m having this very discussion with some fine people in your area.

The only person choosing anything for your school is Mark Gannon. Don’t let anyone put the decision that’s going to be made on anyone else.
While this may be the case....my understanding is Prinicpal Gannon is retiring.  This will be his last year.   Does he make the decision largely on his own....or does he also include his potential replacement in the decision making process?
Hearing the position is filled but has not been publicly announced yet. Can anyone confirm?
(03-26-2024, 09:05 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: Hearing the position is filled but has not been publicly announced yet. Can anyone confirm?
I hope not. I was told by someone that was going to apply that it would be late April before announced. Who was supposed to be selected?
(03-26-2024, 09:05 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: Hearing the position is filled but has not been publicly announced yet. Can anyone confirm?

From my understanding the principal and assistant have their guy. Lots of irony in the new coach.
(03-27-2024, 12:50 AM)RTruth Wrote:

From my understanding the principal and assistant have their guy.  Lots of irony in the new coach.
Grade the hire
I don’t have a name. I know some involved in the process and some that are contacted.

I will go out on a limb and say, there is people not acting in the best interest of the school or the kids, agenda driven to run people and players away and to help destroy football.

Take that as you will.
(03-27-2024, 03:49 PM)RTruth Wrote: I don’t have a name. I know some involved in the process and some that are contacted.

I will go out on a limb and say, there is people not acting in the best interest of the school or the kids, agenda driven to run people and players away and to help destroy football.

Take that as you will.
only thing id add is that it isn’t just those involved in the process
(03-27-2024, 06:24 PM)No Khalisimo Wrote:
(03-27-2024, 03:49 PM)RTruth Wrote: I don’t have a name. I know some involved in the process and some that are contacted.

Take that as you will.
How does hiring a basketball coach help destroy the football program?

(03-27-2024, 06:24 PM)No Khalisimo Wrote:

Take that as you will.
(03-28-2024, 10:01 AM)Realtalk101 Wrote:
(03-27-2024, 06:24 PM)No Khalisimo Wrote:

Take that as you will.

Take that as you will.
Numerous kids play multiple sports. Basketball has had many kids leave and few more will leave. Some of those played football and baseball. Those 2 sports this year are at the lowest in history of the school. Changes need made from top down. They have Thompson on committee to pick new coach and he is the one that drove the program off a cliff to get it in shape it is now.
(03-29-2024, 11:45 AM)Truewords Wrote:

Take that as you will.

Take that as you will.
Numerous kids play multiple sports. Basketball has had many kids leave and few more will leave. Some of those played football and baseball. Those 2 sports this year are at the lowest in history of the school. Changes need made from top down. They have Thompson on committee to pick new coach and he is the one that drove the program off a cliff to get it in shape it is now.

Is it confirmed that he is the one picking the coach? I’ve been told by a few that have applied or was contacted that the conversations they had were “uncomfortable” and it turned them off from the job.
(03-29-2024, 01:06 PM)RTruth Wrote:

Take that as you will.

Take that as you will.

Is it confirmed that he is the one picking the coach? I’ve been told by a few that have applied or was contacted that the conversations they had were “uncomfortable” and it turned them off from the job.
What aspects of the conversations had them feeling uncomfortable?

Take that as you will.

Take that as you will.

He is leading a committee of some community members along with him. Have no idea who is making final decision. I would hope not him alone. He has proven lack of ability
(03-29-2024, 06:12 PM)Truewords Wrote:
(03-27-2024, 06:24 PM)No Khalisimo Wrote: only thing id add is that it isn’t just those involved in the process

(03-27-2024, 06:24 PM)No Khalisimo Wrote: only thing id add is that it isn’t just those involved in the process

He is leading a committee of some community members along with him. Have no idea who is making final decision. I would hope not him alone. He has proven lack of ability

One of them I mentioned is part of that committee. I’d bet my house that Mark Gannon and Matt Varney also have a say. These morons should have to show who applies for the job and who voted for who
(03-29-2024, 09:36 PM)ECU_2010 Wrote:
(03-29-2024, 06:12 PM)Truewords Wrote:
(03-28-2024, 10:01 AM)Realtalk101 Wrote: How does hiring a basketball coach help destroy the football program?

One of them I mentioned is part of that committee. I’d bet my house that Mark Gannon and Matt Varney also have a say. These morons should have to show who applies for the job and who voted for who
Varney has a kid who is pretty good at basketball that will be a freshman in 2 years. You’d think he’d want to make a good hire for when his son is there in a couple years.
Matt Varney is not on the committee, and he should be.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BoondockSaint's post:
  • pirateforlife
(03-30-2024, 01:50 AM)BoondockSaint Wrote: Matt Varney is not on the committee, and he should be.

So let me make sure I’m right.

The assistant principal that is the failed basketball coach and man that endorsed the next failed basketball coach is picking the new coach.

While the assistant principal that has coached under the most successful football coach in Kentucky History and has a vested interest in the program being good doesn’t have a say?

You guys won’t be fielding competitive teams in the near future in anything is my gut feeling.

Inmates running the asylum.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RTruth's post:
  • BoondockSaint
That is correct.

Take that as you will.
I’ve been reading your posts and you must work at the high school, why don’t you tell us what’s really got you so mad, and why you care so much about belfry