Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Danville Boyle rivalry ending
it helps no one involved, it hurts Boyles RPI and Danville just keeps getting beat its a lose lose situation
(03-13-2024, 05:37 PM)Catsfan12 Wrote: Spoke to a pretty good source that Confirmed the inevitable, Coach Haddix was in talks with the Danville side and they did not want to play Boyle after this Season, Understandable by Danville My prediction: Boyle either plays LCA Or a Home and Home with Corbin

And that's the thing. Boyle gets little out of this game for RPI but they were still willing to play it. Why? Because they still recognize its larger value to the community.

Danville's athletic department needs to get its house in order. Within the span of 5 years it has fired a state championship coach, cut positions for that that football program, passed over said coach 2 years later when the job came back open, has presided over plummeting attendance and communtiy support and donations, and now they are killing a crosstown series that is no longer competitive because of their own incompetence.

I have yet to see them make any announcements to the wider community about a vision or what they plan to do going forward. I guess that is a consequence of the Advocate Messenger being a shell of its former self because journalists there 20-30 years ago would have had a field day with this mess.

I hope their new superintendent can fix it but this is not a good first step.
[-] The following 1 user Likes AdsFanatic's post:
  • Walt Longmire
Looks like Danville cancelled the game this year. Haddix posted "Due to late cancellation today we need a game Week 3 -9/6/2024"
[-] The following 1 user Likes backinblack2003's post:
  • BEChargers
(03-22-2024, 03:41 PM)backinblack2003 Wrote: Looks like Danville cancelled the game this year. Haddix posted "Due to late cancellation today we need a game Week 3 -9/6/2024"

I was told yesterday afternoon that Danville had ended the series this week and wouldn’t play Boyle this coming season.

IMO that’s a great thing for Boyle County now they can hopefully schedule a game with a 5 or 6A team that will help their RPI.
This has needed to happen for awhile. Danville just ain't what they use to be.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(03-07-2024, 12:08 PM)Westside Wrote: I have always rooted for Danville.  They used to pound Boyle Co in the past and now that the roles have reversed, Danville may be wanting to stop the series with Boyle Co?  Like I stated, it reminds me of Paintsville.
I wonder what the scores in this series look like if Sage Dawson, Mari Brown and Maclure stay at Danville instead of going to Boyle.  That is a D-1 QB, D-1 RB and D-1 Lineman that left Danville and went to Boyle.  Boyle would have still won but margin would have been different.  Boyle would not have been as good and Danville could have been really competitive in 2A.  It is rare you lose 3 D-1 players to one team and that team being your rival it makes it a tough situation.
[-] The following 1 user Likes UK1's post:
  • Westside
(03-25-2024, 10:31 AM)UK1 Wrote:
(03-07-2024, 12:08 PM)Westside Wrote: I have always rooted for Danville.  They used to pound Boyle Co in the past and now that the roles have reversed, Danville may be wanting to stop the series with Boyle Co?  Like I stated, it reminds me of Paintsville.
I wonder what the scores in this series look like if Sage Dawson, Mari Brown and Maclure stay at Danville instead of going to Boyle.  That is a D-1 QB, D-1 RB and D-1 Lineman that left Danville and went to Boyle.  Boyle would have still won but margin would have been different.  Boyle would not have been as good and Danville could have been really competitive in 2A.  It is rare you lose 3 D-1 players to one team and that team being your rival it makes it a tough situation.

I don’t think Danville beats Boyle myself but I do agree that any program that loses that kind of talent will suffer but in this situation the problem isn’t that the talent left but the situation in which the talented players were put in to make a choice to leave. That falls on the shoulders of the administration. This is something any program can go through if bad decisions are made by an administration.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • The Red Eminence

Still would've been a clock runner. You think Mark Peach and Frank Parks are going to be able to do anything with that talent? Peach had Jagger Gillis and made him look pedestrian.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Waitaminute's post:
  • Jack Lambert
(03-26-2024, 11:12 AM)Waitaminute Wrote:

Still would've been a clock runner. You think Mark Peach and Frank Parks are going to be able to do anything with that talent? Peach had Jagger Gillis and made him look pedestrian.

Pedestrian..... Smile I got tickled on that one.. Thats funny.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Waitaminute

I agree Talent around him and system made Gillis look way better at Boyle than he did at Anderson.  I don't know that it is running clock if Danville keeps everybody.  I think Boyle still wins easily though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes UK1's post:
  • BEChargers
(03-22-2024, 03:41 PM)backinblack2003 Wrote: Looks like Danville cancelled the game this year.  Haddix posted "Due to late cancellation today we need a game Week 3 -9/6/2024"
Does anyone know why?
(03-28-2024, 01:48 AM)The Red Eminence Wrote:
(03-22-2024, 03:41 PM)backinblack2003 Wrote: Looks like Danville cancelled the game this year.  Haddix posted "Due to late cancellation today we need a game Week 3 -9/6/2024"
Does anyone know why?

Just aguess, but the collective score being 156-7 for Boyle County the last 3 meetings probably factored into it.
(03-28-2024, 02:15 AM)Walt Longmire Wrote:
Does anyone know why?

Just aguess, but the collective score being 156-7 for Boyle County the last 3 meetings probably factored into it.
 That, but also Boyle raiding their roster for players year in and year out. I don't blame Danville in the slightest.
(03-28-2024, 10:21 AM)Baller_90 Wrote:
(03-28-2024, 02:15 AM)Walt Longmire Wrote:
Does anyone know why?

That, but also Boyle raiding their roster for players year in and year out. I don't blame Danville in the slightest.
Players transferring to Boyle happens because of poor leadership in the Danville school system.
[-] The following 2 users Like FastScreen435's post:
  • BEChargers, Hatz
What goes around comes around. When Danville was on top and raiding players from Boyle , that was OK. Now that it is the other way around, they want to take their ball and go home crying. Danville even bragged that they were doing the Boyle recruits a favor by putting them in a winning program. Well I believe the worm has turned. No one is going to feel sorry for Danville that has been here thru the history of rivalry and knows what really went on. Get over it and move on!
[-] The following 1 user Likes back country's post:
  • Jack Lambert
(03-27-2024, 12:20 PM)UK1 Wrote:

I agree Talent around him and system made Gillis look way better at Boyle than he did at Anderson.  I don't know that it is running clock if Danville keeps everybody.  I think Boyle still wins easily though.

(03-28-2024, 02:17 PM)back country Wrote: What goes around comes around. When Danville was on top and raiding players from Boyle , that was OK. Now that it is the other way around, they want to take their ball and go home crying. Danville even bragged that they were doing the Boyle recruits a favor by putting them in a winning program. Well I believe the worm has turned. No one is going to feel sorry for Danville that has been here thru the history of rivalry and knows what really went on. Get over it and move on!

Well said!!!

(03-13-2024, 05:37 PM)Catsfan12 Wrote: Spoke to a pretty good source that Confirmed the inevitable, Coach Haddix was in talks with the Danville side and they did not want to play Boyle after this Season, Understandable by Danville My prediction: Boyle either plays LCA Or a Home and Home with Corbin

Boyle is already playing LCA and I look for that to turn into a yearly game for both teams but I don’t see Boyle playing Corbin in the regular season on a yearly basis.
Who from Boyle transferred to Danville? I don't know one kid that left Boyle to go to Danville for football. Ever!!
Good move if true. Nothing wrong with the small school in the county cycling in and out of the local rivalry game especially when its not competitive anymore and the majority of your top talent at some point transfers to the bigger county school.
(03-30-2024, 05:09 AM)Footballfan33 Wrote: Who from Boyle transferred to Danville? I don't know one kid that left Boyle to go to Danville for football. Ever!!
i would like to see names also.  I can name 3 D-1 Danville players from one team in post above.  I am not saying it isn't true I just can't name any Boyle players myself either so would be interested to know also because I hear about all the players that transferred from Boyle to Danville but no names to go with it.
Some of the players played basketball some football and multiple sports. Gordon Montgomery from Junction City was one of the early ones. Virgil and Harold Chambers from Perryville. Donnie Chambers from Forkland. Roger Prall from Parksville. There are many others more recently lived in the county school district but played for Danville. These were some of the earlier ones. I am sure some of the readers out there can name several others.
[-] The following 1 user Likes back country's post:
  • Jack Lambert
(03-28-2024, 02:17 PM)back country Wrote: What goes around comes around. When Danville was on top and raiding players from Boyle , that was OK. Now that it is the other way around, they want to take their ball and go home crying. Danville even bragged that they were doing the Boyle recruits a favor by putting them in a winning program. Well I believe the worm has turned. No one is going to feel sorry for Danville that has been here thru the history of rivalry and knows what really went on. Get over it and move on!
Which Danville teams simultaneously featured a QB, RB, star linemen and other key players from Boyle? I'm curious because all posts criticizing Danville for stealing talent during its zenith tend to be vague. I'm not denying that some top tier Boyle talent went to Danville. I'm certainly not. I understand that athletes across the state wanted to play for Danville. I understand that. I will argue that the current situation is unique and not a simple, "Shoe is on the other foot," argument. 

I'm not even saying Boyle was "raiding" talent from Danville. Those players left because the situation at Danville forced them to. I take no umbrage with their success at Boyle. I went to games at Boyle and cheered them on. I only want specific examples where Boyle talent anchored a Danville team. Not one player, or two, but give me a highly successful Danville team filled with star (D1 potential) Boyle talent. Is there an example?
(04-02-2024, 10:10 AM)The Red Eminence Wrote:
(03-28-2024, 02:17 PM)back country Wrote: What goes around comes around. When Danville was on top and raiding players from Boyle , that was OK. Now that it is the other way around, they want to take their ball and go home crying. Danville even bragged that they were doing the Boyle recruits a favor by putting them in a winning program. Well I believe the worm has turned. No one is going to feel sorry for Danville that has been here thru the history of rivalry and knows what really went on. Get over it and move on!
Which Danville teams simultaneously featured a QB, RB, star linemen and other key players from Boyle? I'm curious because all posts criticizing Danville for stealing talent during its zenith tend to be vague. I'm not denying that some top tier Boyle talent went to Danville. I'm certainly not. I understand that athletes across the state wanted to play for Danville. I understand that. I will argue that the current situation is unique and not a simple, "Shoe is on the other foot," argument. 

I'm not even saying Boyle was "raiding" talent from Danville. Those players left because the situation at Danville forced them to. I take no umbrage with their success at Boyle. I went to games at Boyle and cheered them on. I only want specific examples where Boyle talent anchored a Danville team. Not one player, or two, but give me a highly successful Danville team filled with star (D1 potential) Boyle talent. Is there an example?

Sage Dawson’s family actually lived in the Boyle district most of his life in the Shelby Green subdivision in Junction City and used his Grandparents address to attend Danville, I believe Paul McClure’s family has lived in the Boyle district for years so the only possible D-1 player from Danville would be D. Brown, I don’t recall names but there has been several Boyle players in different sports transfer to Danville to play sports over the years not saying any were D-1 but they had successful careers at Danville, to my understanding Boyle and Danville has had sort of an open door policy for years for kids transferring between the two schools and it’s never been a problem until Danville protested Brown’s transfer.
(04-06-2024, 10:03 AM)Jack Lambert Wrote:
(04-02-2024, 10:10 AM)The Red Eminence Wrote:

Sage Dawson’s family actually lived in the Boyle district most of his life in the Shelby Green subdivision in Junction City and used his Grandparents address to attend Danville, I believe Paul McClure’s family has lived in the Boyle district for years so the only possible D-1 player from Danville would be D. Brown, I don’t recall names but there has been several Boyle players in different sports transfer to Danville to play sports over the years not saying any were D-1 but they had successful careers at Danville, to my understanding Boyle and Danville has had sort of an open door policy for years for kids transferring between the two schools and it’s never been a problem until Danville protested Brown’s transfer.

Actually Sam Harp protested the Dunn kid’s transfer in 2010 so he couldn’t play football but did play basketball.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hatz's post:
  • AdsFanatic