Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Betsy Layne 51 Prestonsburg 45
Newsome took over a team with 17 wins and returned everyone.

They won district. Then with Covid, the entire team was back again. Yes, others had them, but no one benefitted more than BL. No Robinson last year and No Kidd this year.
Id expect to see R.Johnson to get a shot at HS head coach one day down the road.. Hes been really successful at he MS level at a couple schools.. Not just BL

There were a lot of 8th graders playing through the county this season that were old enough to be freshman and sophomores , LMAO... Even a couple of the local announcers started using the term "True 8th Grader"....
Guys we have a great Coach Mike has got better every game, change isn’t good for anyone so I for one hope he stays. We could be like Prestonsburg and Floyd Central and have Coaches that don’t know Basketball. Mike deserves to be here next year. Heard if Floyd doesn’t win a District game Moore will be out and also heard Parsley has took a job somewhere away from school so he may not be there anymore. Had a parent tell me their was 3 kids that will be at Betsy Layne next year if there Coach is back, i know one, it’s a position we need but she didn’t say who other 2 are. So I’d leave Howard in place and hope them kids come. Do y’all think we beat Floyd in 1st round of District? #Bobcat4Life
(02-19-2024, 05:29 PM)Blacksmith Wrote: Id expect to see R.Johnson to get a shot at HS head coach one day down the road.. Hes been really successful at he MS level at a couple schools.. Not just BL

There were a lot of 8th graders playing through the county this season that were old enough to be freshman and sophomores , LMAO... Even a couple of the local announcers started using the term "True 8th Grader"....

R. Johnson has benefitted more from the work of others and transfers than anyone in the history of East KY basketball lol Coach at May Valley was winning titles with 5th grade teams then they had to go to DACE. Then this year he took a BL team that had won everything.

(02-19-2024, 05:38 PM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: Guys we have a great Coach Mike has got better every game, change isn’t good for anyone so I for one hope he stays. We could be like Prestonsburg and Floyd Central and have Coaches that don’t know Basketball. Mike deserves to be here next year. Heard if Floyd doesn’t win a District game Moore will be out and also heard Parsley has took a job somewhere away from school so he may not be there anymore. Had a parent tell me their was 3 kids that will be at Betsy Layne next year if there Coach is back, i know one, it’s a position we need but she didn’t say who other 2 are. So I’d leave Howard in place and hope them kids come. Do y’all think we beat Floyd in 1st round of District? #Bobcat4Life

Coach, who’s the 1 player that you know of?
What was the deal with canceling Morgan only to play the homeschool team? Trying to lock up a winning record and save some scrutiny? Someone needing some points to hit a milestone? Did varsity guys play? Why risk injury in a game like that this close to district?
[-] The following 1 user Likes 15rocks's post:
  • Pikecoballer
With all due respect to the homeschool team they played, Ligon COGO, I don't see the value of any team with legitimate hopes of winning a District/Region scheduling them, especially one week before postseason. A small school like Cordia, I can see them scheduling them as their numbers are low and such. I will say Cordia did split with them, which says a lot about Cordia's numbers this season. I know last season they had a few girls on the team, so really not sure the value in beating such an undermanned team, but to each his/her own. Having said that, Hazard is closing their regular season against Ligon, not sure the point in that game either.

Not sure what happened with Morgan, but hopefully Betsy Layne will keep the road game at Breathitt this week on the schedule. As far as all these rumors and parents supposedly saying "my kid will go here" if Betsy Layne really wanted a coach that would draw kids in, Mason Hall is the guy they need. He doesn't steal kids, but he has the reputation as a guy who is all about the kids and would do anything for them day or night, someone like that is one you want to come play for, much like Elisha Justice at Pikeville or Tommy McKenzie at Johnson Central. Betsy Layne could have a really bright future for many years to come if they play their cards right.
[-] The following 1 user Likes P. Fanning's post:
  • Wasp23
(02-20-2024, 09:22 PM)P. Fanning Wrote: With all due respect to the homeschool team they played, Ligon COGO, I don't see the value of any team with legitimate hopes of winning a District/Region scheduling them, especially one week before postseason. A small school like Cordia, I can see them scheduling them as their numbers are low and such. I will say Cordia did split with them, which says a lot about Cordia's numbers this season. I know last season they had a few girls on the team, so really not sure the value in beating such an undermanned team, but to each his/her own. Having said that, Hazard is closing their regular season against Ligon, not sure the point in that game either.

Not sure what happened with Morgan, but hopefully Betsy Layne will keep the road game at Breathitt this week on the schedule. As far as all these rumors and parents supposedly saying "my kid will go here" if Betsy Layne really wanted a coach that would draw kids in, Mason Hall is the guy they need. He doesn't steal kids, but he has the reputation as a guy who is all about the kids and would do anything for them day or night, someone like that is one you want to come play for, much like Elisha Justice at Pikeville or Tommy McKenzie at Johnson Central. Betsy Layne could have a really bright future for many years to come if they play their cards right.

Comparing him to Elisha Justice and Tommy McKenzie is wild
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 2 users Like Spud6's post:
  • Blacksmith, Colonel4Life1999
Morgan co is 18-6 overall and 6-0 in their district right now.. They beat Martin co by 17 I know for sure, cant say much about the rest of their record