Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Ridge Warriors 2008
warriorpride Wrote:Question:....Who is Joey Thacker? From what I am reading on here is that he coaches Franklin County, and that they are a top notch football program. Now im not going to get into the reasons Coach Branham left but we all support his decisions and respect them! This Joey Thacker, I would like to know a lil something about him. How much experience he has, where all has he coached at, where did he play at ECT... Thousandyardman20 I agree with you compleatly. If ER dosnt stop changing coaches they will never be good in six years they had had three diffrent coaches going on seven years and 4 coaches. I really dont have an Oppion on this matter. All I know is that Kevin Justice said he was going to have us a coach before spring practice which is three weeks after the last basketball game, wether he will keep his word or not I have no idea.

He played at EC in the late 80's/early 90s? Was an assistant at EC for three-four years with Coach McKinney. Took over a Frankfort program that hadn't been to the playoffs in a coon's age and got them there in his first year. He was there about 5-6 years. He left Frankfort went across town to Franklin County and has been their offensive coordinator lately. I saw him at Hillbilly Days last year and he said he loved where he was living and coaching. The KHSAA website says thye are like 42-12 in the last five years and I read somewhere they are tied in with this Tony Franklin system of throw all over the place and their qb was really good a few years ago. He won a bunch of titles(and even a regional I think) as baseball coach at EC and he is in tight with Randy MCCoy and at one time was a help him with basketball before leaving Eastern KY about 10-12 years ago. I hate to beat a dead horse but what if ER sets their sights on one guy and they can't get him...that would be a disaster in my opinion.
But you forgot to say he is a really nice guy from a good hard working family.
Alright, you got me there. Can't argue with that fact. But not bogus.
play4pay Wrote:He played at EC in the late 80's/early 90s? Was an assistant at EC for three-four years with Coach McKinney. Took over a Frankfort program that hadn't been to the playoffs in a coon's age and got them there in his first year. He was there about 5-6 years. He left Frankfort went across town to Franklin County and has been their offensive coordinator lately. I saw him at Hillbilly Days last year and he said he loved where he was living and coaching. The KHSAA website says thye are like 42-12 in the last five years and I read somewhere they are tied in with this Tony Franklin system of throw all over the place and their qb was really good a few years ago. He won a bunch of titles(and even a regional I think) as baseball coach at EC and he is in tight with Randy MCCoy and at one time was a help him with basketball before leaving Eastern KY about 10-12 years ago. I hate to beat a dead horse but what if ER sets their sights on one guy and they can't get him...that would be a disaster in my opinion.

Well, I'm not sure if he's the only one ER has their sight on, but, I don't see or hear of anyone else that they've talked to. At the same time, I'm sorry to hear that Coach B resigned. Cause that just puts ER back on the chopping block(no pun intended). I don't know if you can guarentee that Joey will take the coaching position but, he would be a pretty good choice to start with and maybe if they would keep him, or anyone else , then maybe ER will be able to build something positive. And Coach B, I'm sorry about the comment earlier. No offense to you. And yes, I didn't know that you coached at PHS.
two color blue Wrote:But you forgot to say he is a really nice guy from a good hard working family.

thousandyardman20 Wrote:Alright, you got me there. Can't argue with that fact. But not bogus.

OH, and also, he eats all his veggies and says his prayers every night.

Geez, get a room guys!!!Big Grin
So does everyone think that Joey Thacker will be the new Warrior football coach for sure. I spoke to Robert Kiser(assint principal) today and he said he had alot of canadites that are applying for the job.
Who would want to coach ER next year? It's not looking good for the Warriors for the next 2-3 years.
i believe that who ever takes the coaching job has his work cut off for him...the program is about to fall apart but i am sure theres someone out there who can turn it around
warriorpride Wrote:So does everyone think that Joey Thacker will be the new Warrior football coach for sure. I spoke to Robert Kiser(assint principal) today and he said he had alot of canadites that are applying for the job.

I don't think that Joey is even considering a move back here.
vundy33 Wrote:Who would want to coach ER next year? It's not looking good for the Warriors for the next 2-3 years.

With a young team like they had Id say they will be a lot better next couple of years......
play4pay Wrote:He played at EC in the late 80's/early 90s? Was an assistant at EC for three-four years with Coach McKinney. Took over a Frankfort program that hadn't been to the playoffs in a coon's age and got them there in his first year. He was there about 5-6 years. He left Frankfort went across town to Franklin County and has been their offensive coordinator lately. I saw him at Hillbilly Days last year and he said he loved where he was living and coaching. The KHSAA website says thye are like 42-12 in the last five years and I read somewhere they are tied in with this Tony Franklin system of throw all over the place and their qb was really good a few years ago. He won a bunch of titles(and even a regional I think) as baseball coach at EC and he is in tight with Randy MCCoy and at one time was a help him with basketball before leaving Eastern KY about 10-12 years ago. I hate to beat a dead horse but what if ER sets their sights on one guy and they can't get him...that would be a disaster in my opinion.
that would be a great style to bring to ER, because they have a young starting quarterback who could really put up some huge numbers and in about 3 years be one of the top 3 around easily if coached right.
gridiron star Wrote:i believe that who ever takes the coaching job has his work cut off for him...the program is about to fall apart but i am sure theres someone out there who can turn it around

What do you mean the program is about to fall apart? Are you trying to say that we shouldnt have a program?
hey u all need to hit the weight room bad im sorry but last year when u played sc it wasnt even a match im sorry but come on
hammertime Wrote:I don't think that Joey is even considering a move back here.

Not according to his wife's family.
play4pay Wrote:Not according to his wife's family.

So you believehe wil be at ER in 08?
warriorpride Wrote:So you believehe wil be at ER in 08?

I believe it is a distinct possibility if certain things fall into place.
It doesn't get any worse than 0-10. Things can only get better for the Warriors.
vundy33 Wrote:Who would want to coach ER next year? It's not looking good for the Warriors for the next 2-3 years.

this is all true, but what is life without a challenge? sure it would be nice to take a football coaching job if belfry needed a coach and im sure plenty would want to, but to coach them and win wouldn't be near as satisfying as it would to coach east ridge and win.
true_blue221 Wrote:this is all true, but what is life without a challenge? sure it would be nice to take a football coaching job if belfry needed a coach and im sure plenty would want to, but to coach them and win wouldn't be near as satisfying as it would to coach east ridge and win.

I agree. I heard That Joey Thacker is going to be the new Warrior coach in 08. I dont know much about him but everyone says he is a winning coach.
Any new word on the coaching status? Who are the names other than Thacker who have applied?

Someone will take the coaching position. There's always someone waiting in line to be a head coach. This is a grand oppurtunity to turn a losing program around into a powerhouse. It would be hard to do, but it's always possible. And all ER has to do is, hire a good coach and keep him there.
ER's program is not falling apart, there just hasn't been anyone to keep the pieces together yet.
They will be better with a new coach. Branham needs to step down. He is a joke for a coach. East Ridge needs to hire someone from a winning program. Every coach has came from losing programs.
TRAIN85 Wrote:Any new word on the coaching status? Who are the names other than Thacker who have applied?

I have heard rumors of Former Phelps coach Chris Hagerman and Feds Creek Elementary principal Harold Wallace other then Wallace, Hagerman, and Thacker I dont know who else would ahve applied for the job. NOTE: Wallace and Hagerman are rumors!
From what I have heard there is no reason for anyone else to apply except for Thacker. I heard this was the deal even before Branham stepped down.
Warriorpride, no offense, but if you're only source of info. is Robert Kiser, I'd look elswhere for answers.:dontthink
Football Widow Wrote:From what I have heard there is no reason for anyone else to apply except for Thacker. I heard this was the deal even before Branham stepped down.
Warriorpride, no offense, but if you're only source of info. is Robert Kiser, I'd look elswhere for answers.:dontthink

Robert Kiser didnt tell me those names.
warriorpride Wrote:So does everyone think that Joey Thacker will be the new Warrior football coach for sure. I spoke to Robert Kiser(assint principal) today and he said he had alot of canadites that are applying for the job.
Here ya go!!
Where was Hagerman at last year?
Football Widow Wrote:Here ya go!!

I meant Wallace and Hagerman by "Those Names"
Get into the game ERblue4ever, I resigned weeks ago. FYI, I had the one losing season at BL which was my first year. Do your research in my 18 years of coaching there is many more wins than loses. Since you possess such a wealth of knowledge, they may want to hire you as the head coach!
ERblue4ever Wrote:They will be better with a new coach. Branham needs to step down. He is a joke for a coach. East Ridge needs to hire someone from a winning program. Every coach has came from losing programs.