Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: East Ridge Warriors 2008
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
How does everyone think we'll do after a 0-10(2-8) season last year? We should be returning alot of talent back next year.
warriorpride Wrote:We should be returning alot of talent back next year.

what talent is returning? Bentley and Bingham are all I can think of as far as athleticism is concerned. If ER couldn't pull it out last season with those guys, I dread the future. I think it is going to be a down year, even by ER standards. I am not trying to put my own school down. I am just stating my opinion. Not gonna be pretty. Too slow, too weak, too small in numbers and size, to compete.
what talent do you guys return? epling, branham, rowe, thacker, cox are gone, who else?

I know you guys return tommy bingham, but I can't think of any other offensive threats.
I think they will be better next year.
warriorpride Wrote:How does everyone think we'll do after a 0-10(2-8) season last year? We should be returning alot of talent back next year.

I'm confused about the 0-10(2-8)?
Is that a reference to East Ridge's 2 wins being forfeited?
Codeman Wrote:I think they will be better next year.

you would think that they would be considering they went winless last year
the future looks bleak for the warriors
they cant get anybody athletic out to play
they have good athletes that play other sports for them, but football is just not their sport
it doesn't look like it will ever be
The good news is, they won't get any worse. They need a line, bad.
Belfry0304 Wrote:The good news is, they won't get any worse. They need a line, bad.

ER has never had a good line
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:ER has never had a good line

probably because they have never had a weight program.
Every school has big ole boys that can play the line.
Get them in the weight room!
xwarrior Wrote:probably because they have never had a weight program.
wow, couldn't have said it better myself. Not to mention half the talent and meat at East Ridge walk the halls and go straight home after school rather than playing.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:ER has never had a good line

I know. It looked like that none of them with the exception of maybe 1 or 2 had the strength to hold off a grandma.
Well I will always be a Warrior fan and I 'm hoping they have a better season next year. This was just a sad way for the seniors to end their HS football careers. But I am very proud to point out that senior Mike Rowe dispite the teams loosing season had an honorable mention in the pick for All State teams, 1st team District , and Wymt's Super 30 defensive players..
xwarrior Wrote:probably because they have never had a weight program.

Well thats changing, Coach Branham has his players lifting now.
I'm sorry to say but East Ridge will be East Ridge. They will fight for a playoff spot and will more than likley come up short once again. Magoffin and PCC will both be better than ER. ER was one of the worst football teams I had ever seen last year and I don't think much will change next year. I have seen a noticable drop in the ability to compete since Eric Ratliff took over basketball. I hope they can turn things around, but I don't expect them to.
Super-Card Wrote:I'm sorry to say but East Ridge will be East Ridge. They will fight for a playoff spot and will more than likley come up short once again. Magoffin and PCC will both be better than ER. ER was one of the worst football teams I had ever seen last year and I don't think much will change next year. I have seen a noticable drop in the ability to compete since Eric Ratliff took over basketball. I hope they can turn things around, but I don't expect them to.
I totally agree, magoffin, and pcc will def. be better than them.
The only game they may win is if they play Phelps again, ER is just awful and I feel sorry for the kids up there. Losing sucks, so don't get used to it, unless it is already too late.
Yeah the don't return anyone...maybe a 0-10 or 1-10 season next year.
Not playin Phelps next season. So I was thinking more along the lines of beating teams like SV...PCC...MC...Grundy...KCC...South Floyd. Id think those whould be some good wins for us next season.
warriorpride Wrote:Not playin Phelps next season. So I was thinking more along the lines of beating teams like SV...PCC...MC...Grundy...KCC...South Floyd. Id think those whould be some good wins for us next season.

I hope ER can pull off the upset against some of these teams, but I just don't see it happening against all of them.
*Shelby Valley has quickly turned themselves into a solid playoff contender. They will be in the district championship race with P'burg year in and year out. It would really really surprise me if ER could slide past Valley.
*Pike Central was hit hard by graduation but they still return some solid experienced young players. There QB will be back as well as the Meade kid at RB. Those are 2 athletes that I don't think the Warriors will be able to ackle on a consitant basis.
*Magoffin has come light years in the time Chester McCoy has taken over as head coach. They are quickly turning around the mind set and are making the Hornets a quality team. If MC improves next year as much as they have the past few then they could challange for a higher plaoff spot.
*I don't know alot about the other 2 teams so here is hoping that ER can pull off those 2. Good luck to the Warriors in 2008.
East Ridge will not beat VAlley next year. It will be just like the game this year.
i dont think they will win any games
Whatever you say..
warriorpride Wrote:Not playin Phelps next season. So I was thinking more along the lines of beating teams like SV...PCC...MC...Grundy...KCC...South Floyd. Id think those whould be some good wins for us next season.

I don't think they'll beat any of those teams...maybe SF but doubt it.
well ER is gonna struggle but i wish them the best of luck
Got a possible schedule for the Warriors in 08
**Schedule is subjected to change at anytime**

Aug 29. PCB-Pikeville High School vs Shelby Valley
Sept 5. Grundy, Va-Away
Sept 12. Belfry*-Away
Sept 19. Sheldon Clark*-Home
Sept 26. Pike Central*-Away
Oct 3. Knott Co Central-Home
Oct 10. Open
Oct 17. Letcher Co Central-Home
Oct 24. Magoffin County*-Away
Oct 31. Pineville-Home
Nov 7. South Floyd-Home
Aug 29. PCB-Pikeville High School vs Shelby Valley---L
Sept 5. Grundy, Va-Away---?
Sept 12. Belfry*-Away---L
Sept 19. Sheldon Clark*-Home---L
Sept 26. Pike Central*-Away---L
Oct 3. Knott Co Central-Home---?
Oct 10. Open
Oct 17. Letcher Co Central-Home---L
Oct 24. Magoffin County*-Away---L
Oct 31. Pineville-Home---L
Nov 7. South Floyd-Home---L

I see two possible games that could be wins. The others you can mark down as definite losses. 2-8, 1-9, or 0-10 is what I expect out of ER next year.
I really thought that last year was going to be the turning point of the program at ER but it didnt turn out that way...Atleast 3-4 more years of horrible teams IMO before they get on track.
How many players did East Ridge finish the year with last season?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5