Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frederick Douglass 2024
(03-27-2024, 06:45 PM)Waitaminute Wrote:
(03-16-2024, 02:19 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: Madison Southern's best player, Ethan Moore, has enrolled at Douglass. Last year at Southern as a running back, WR, and QB Moore rushed for 777 yards on only 79 attempts an avg. of 9.8 per attempt and 12 touchdowns. He had 220 yards and 8 touchdowns as a wide-receiver. Moore also played defensive back where he had 5 interceptions.

Ethan Moore has went back. Gary 0-1 so far on his new recruits.

LOL I guess Madison Sothern wanted him back from what I was told it was two fold they up his father's salary and due to how much more talent at Douglass as compared to Madison Southern where he played multiple positions, but due to the talent level at Douglass he was only going to be playing DB.

I also love how people on here are if you just read post on here not knowing everything you would think that Frederick Douglass gets kids to come play for them (recruit) as people on here say but all the kids that end up at schools that have great football teams they just show up out of the blue at those schools. It's really laughable. No one ever says anything about kids showing up at say LCA, Lex. Catholic, Boyle Co., Corbin, etc. That is okay and you have never seen me ever say anything about a kid going anywhere. If the parent's have the means and want to move their kids more power to them.

It also happens the other way around in the past several years two of the key players that were big contributors to GRC's basketball program went there from Douglass heck the 2019-20 Bourbon County had 4 of their top 6 players were from Douglass.
(03-27-2024, 07:52 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote:
(03-16-2024, 02:19 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: Madison Southern's best player, Ethan Moore, has enrolled at Douglass. Last year at Southern as a running back, WR, and QB Moore rushed for 777 yards on only 79 attempts an avg. of 9.8 per attempt and 12 touchdowns. He had 220 yards and 8 touchdowns as a wide-receiver. Moore also played defensive back where he had 5 interceptions.

LOL I guess Madison Sothern wanted him back from what I was told it was two fold they up his father's salary and due to how much more talent at Douglass as compared to Madison Southern where he played multiple positions, but due to the talent level at Douglass he was only going to be playing DB.

I also love how people on here are if you just read post on here not knowing everything you would think that Frederick Douglass gets kids to come play for them (recruit) as people on here say but all the kids that end up at schools that have great football teams they just show up out of the blue at those schools. It's really laughable. No one ever says anything about kids showing up at say LCA, Lex. Catholic, Boyle Co., Corbin, etc. That is okay and you have never seen me ever say anything about a kid going anywhere. If the parent's have the means and want to move their kids more power to them.

It also happens the other way around in the past several years two of the key players that were big contributors to GRC's basketball program went there from Douglass heck the 2019-20 Bourbon County had 4 of their top 6 players were from Douglass.

Are you telling me Landis and company didn’t go around door to door to prominent athletes homes at Douglass when they first opened openly selling them to come to school there?

Or that they didn’t promise the QB from Knott the starting QB position if he moved there? 

Or that Moore would play DB and have a wildcat package built in for him? 

A lot of promises go around that loose lips let out over years.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Waitaminute's post:
  • Cafe Mocha
Never said anything I know for a fact the parent of the kid from Knott ask them because they wanted their son to play for a better program and would get more attention because they spend a good bit of their free time of promoting their kids.

My point was that people post and make it like no other program promotes their program I guess you must think those schools I listed in my previous post never does anything like you mentioned but somehow those schools get 3 or 4 kids a year just move there out of the blue. lol
(03-27-2024, 10:34 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: Never said anything I know for a fact the parent of the kid from Knott ask them because they wanted their son to play for a better program and would get more attention because they spend a good bit of their free time of promoting their kids.

My point was that people post and make it like no other program promotes their program I guess you must think those schools I listed in my previous post never does anything like you  mentioned but somehow those schools get 3 or 4 kids a year just move there out of the blue. lol

And I also know for fact the kid from Knott was shopped at other schools previous to FD and couldn’t be promised what he wanted promised but eventually he ended up somewhere where he was promised. I can’t speak on what I do not know, but I’ve spoke on what I do know as fact and backed that up.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Waitaminute's post:
  • Cafe Mocha
(01-05-2024, 11:46 AM)Son of the Alamo Wrote: They were the most athletic team I watched come to Campbell Field last season, much respect to this impressive program with great coaches. I expect them to be a very tough game for Corbin this season at "The Farm". but will be a great road test for our team.

I agree. I couldn't be more impressed with Douglass. I knew we were in for the fight of our lives when I watched them warming up. They looked like a college team and they backed itup on the field. Fine, fine program and school. Anyone that says otherwise is green with envy.
(03-28-2024, 06:34 AM)Waitaminute Wrote:
(03-27-2024, 10:34 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: Never said anything I know for a fact the parent of the kid from Knott ask them because they wanted their son to play for a better program and would get more attention because they spend a good bit of their free time of promoting their kids.

My point was that people post and make it like no other program promotes their program I guess you must think those schools I listed in my previous post never does anything like you  mentioned but somehow those schools get 3 or 4 kids a year just move there out of the blue. lol

And I also know for fact the kid from Knott was shopped at other schools previous to FD and couldn’t be promised what he wanted promised but eventually he ended up somewhere where he was promised. I can’t speak on what I do not know, but I’ve spoke on what I do know as fact and backed that up.

Again as I said it does not matter if a parent and has the means and want their kid to play for a very good program that does as well as promoting their players to schools at the next level what is the problem it is evident they have not done anything for the KHSAA to step in or level any punishment towards Douglass (grant it they are weak). Also as I stated above why is nothing even said about those other schools I mentioned earlier you surely not naive enough to think that all of these excellent players just show up at those schools just randomly out f the blue and only Douglass gets kids to come there. Nothing that I have seen on here ever say anything towards these other schools.
(03-28-2024, 12:03 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote:

Again as I said it does not matter if a parent and has the means and want their kid to play for a very good program that does as well as promoting their players to schools at the next level what is the problem it is evident they have not done anything for the KHSAA to step in or level any punishment towards Douglass (grant it they are weak). Also as I stated above why is nothing even said about those other schools I mentioned earlier you surely not naive enough to think that all of these excellent players just show up at those schools just randomly out f the blue and only Douglass  gets kids to come there. Nothing that I have seen on here ever say anything towards these other schools.

Well we are on a Douglass thread.
(03-28-2024, 12:14 PM)Waitaminute Wrote:

Again as I said it does not matter if a parent and has the means and want their kid to play for a very good program that does as well as promoting their players to schools at the next level what is the problem it is evident they have not done anything for the KHSAA to step in or level any punishment towards Douglass (grant it they are weak). Also as I stated above why is nothing even said about those other schools I mentioned earlier you surely not naive enough to think that all of these excellent players just show up at those schools just randomly out f the blue and only Douglass  gets kids to come there. Nothing that I have seen on here ever say anything towards these other schools.

Oh okay I go to each of those schools I listed and see what you said about all the kids they have transferred into their programs the past few years then. thanks
(03-28-2024, 01:25 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote:

Oh okay I go to each of those schools I listed and see what you said about all the kids they have transferred into their programs the past few years then. thanks

I blasted Corbin for paying for the Smith Twins. I'm an equal opportunist!
(03-28-2024, 02:21 PM)Waitaminute Wrote:
(03-28-2024, 06:34 AM)Waitaminute Wrote: And I also know for fact the kid from Knott was shopped at other schools previous to FD and couldn’t be promised what he wanted promised but eventually he ended up somewhere where he was promised. I can’t speak on what I do not know, but I’ve spoke on what I do know as fact and backed that up.

That is great that at least you do. Most on here just take shots at Douglass. I do want to clear up some things: When the school opened Coach Landis and the football staff went to both the FCPS central office and the KHSAA and inquired if it was within the rules and okay to go to houses of players who were in their district at the middle school and high school level and were told yes that is fine and is not against any rules if the houses are in their district. They have been several kids attend Douglass that do not live physically in their district, but they attend Douglass because they qualified to attend the Carter G. Woodsen Academy which was placed in the new Douglass high school by the FCPS board and central office due to overcrowding at their then downtown central office.

Finally with the student athlete that has went back to Madison Co. several kids through the years have come to Douglass and quickly find out that it is just different and much more physical and intense and just the level of talent that you line up against day in and day out is more than they want to go through. That is all I'll say about that I think it was like just 2 or 3 practices.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16BBall Fan's post:
  • Waitaminute
Beach theme for last lift before spring break. These kids have had a great offseason thus far and are hungry for 2024. #WTN @coach_edtowle thanks for all your hard work! As always it's special to be a BRONCO! @fdouglassfb

Thumbnail(s)

• Bull got out!
Freddie D will just reload.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Desperado888's post:
  • 16BBall Fan
(03-16-2024, 02:31 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: Gary McPeek back on staff is big for recruiting for the Broncos. They’re about to start raking in kids again.
About to start raking in kids again? When did they ever stop? They have always raked in “recruits” lol oops sorry i forgot. They’re legit, with false rental addresses. Uncle’s address, kids coming in for a football semester and then leaving to grad at original school, apt adjacent to school, now a Berea residence? Lol. Good luck to them tho.

I can’t speak for Boyle or Corbin cause I don’t know, but for Lexington Catholic and Lex Christian, do tell which player(s) on their roster that are transferred and were impact players that promoted their program to the next level? Don’t say Boley or Hensley, cause LCA was elevated already before those kids came in the program. How about Lex Catholic? I can’t and don’t know if one transfer impact player that elevated their program. I’m fact their program is just mediocre and does not have kids playing upper next level. Last one was Beau.

(03-28-2024, 04:45 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote:
(03-28-2024, 02:21 PM)Waitaminute Wrote:
(03-28-2024, 12:03 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: Again as I said it does not matter if a parent and has the means and want their kid to play for a very good program that does as well as promoting their players to schools at the next level what is the problem it is evident they have not done anything for the KHSAA to step in or level any punishment towards Douglass (grant it they are weak). Also as I stated above why is nothing even said about those other schools I mentioned earlier you surely not naive enough to think that all of these excellent players just show up at those schools just randomly out f the blue and only Douglass  gets kids to come there. Nothing that I have seen on here ever say anything towards these other schools.

That is great that at least you do. Most on here just take shots at Douglass. I do want to clear up some things: When the school opened Coach Landis and the football staff went to both the FCPS central office and the KHSAA and inquired if it was within the rules and okay to go to houses of players who were in their district at the middle school and high school level and were told yes that is fine and is not against any rules if the houses are in their district. They have been several kids attend Douglass that do not live physically in their district, but they attend Douglass because they qualified to attend the Carter G. Woodsen Academy which was placed in the new Douglass high school by the FCPS board and central office due to overcrowding at their then downtown central office.

Finally with the student athlete that has went back to Madison Co. several kids through the years have come to Douglass and quickly find out that it is just different and much more physical and intense and just the level of talent that you line up against day in and day out is more than they want to go through. That is all I'll say about that I think it was like just 2 or 3 practices.
I didn’t know Leestown and Beaumont kids were in Douglass district for Landis to pay a visit to.
I'll say this much, if I was near Lexington and had one playing, I would try my best to get him to Frederick Douglass. They are definitely headed in the right direction. I like Football and that program is all Football!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • 16BBall Fan
(04-05-2024, 08:02 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I'll say this much, if I was near Lexington and had one playing, I would try my best to get him to Frederick Douglass. They are definitely headed in the right direction. I like Football and that program is all Football!

Very true Bull! I could not have said it better myself.
  • Bull got out!
Peyton Smith junior RB and the top offensive player at Taylor County last season has moved to Lexington and is enrolled at Frederick Douglass. Smith rushed for over 1500 yards and scored 22 touchdowns in 12 games with Taylor County. He will be a nice addition to an already strong group of returning running backs for the Broncos.
  • Bull got out!
(04-11-2024, 05:49 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: Peyton Smith junior RB and the top offensive player at Taylor County last season has moved to Lexington and is enrolled at Frederick Douglass. Smith rushed for over 1500 yards and scored 22 touchdowns in 12 games with Taylor County. He will be a nice addition to an already strong group of returning running backs for the Broncos.
Here comes Cafe Mocha comments about Garry McPeak--lolx5, you know its coming.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Daddy Bull's post:
  • 16BBall Fan
Yea you’re right it’s funny but it does get old. I guess that I just didn’t realize that Douglass is lucky to be the only high school I guess in the state that players want to transfer to play football at.

A funny thing there is a school only about 2-3 miles from Douglass who complains about kids coming to Douglass has called this kid’s house a couple of times a week to come there.

Also another development that has come about @Big Daddy Bull is now that the other city schools besides Bryan Station do not have to play Douglass now this offseason they formed a new freshman league but for some reason Douglass was not invited. lol
  • Big Daddy Bull
(04-12-2024, 01:38 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: Yea you’re right it’s funny but it does get old. I guess that I just didn’t realize that Douglass is lucky to be the only high school I guess in the state that players want to transfer to play football at.

A funny thing there is a school only about 2-3 miles from Douglass who complains about kids coming to Douglass has called this kid’s house a couple of times a week to come there.

Also another development that has come about @Big Daddy Bull is now that the other city schools besides Bryan Station do not have to play Douglass now this offseason they formed a new freshman league but for some reason Douglass was not invited. lol
Crazy stuff, I use to feel the same about Douglas, but most people dislike is out of jealousy they do a heck of a job. Are you talking about that new Froshmore Conference? If so, I do know those schools do not have enough players to have a Freshman or JV team which blows my mind at a 6A school. You could be talking about something else though I haven't heard of.
(04-12-2024, 01:38 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: Yea you’re right it’s funny but it does get old. I guess that I just didn’t realize that Douglass is lucky to be the only high school I guess in the state that players want to transfer to play football at.

I just wanted to shed a little light on the Freshmore League I created.  Give a little history behind it.... 

When I got to PLD 6 years ago I did join a freshman league.  We played in that league for two years.  The problem with that league for me was that very few of the teams in it had enough for a JV team.  We played the freshman game first then JV after on Monday Nights.   Nearly every Monday I would get a call from the team I was playing letting me know they didn't have enough for JV or that their JV team was not organized enough to do special teams so could we do 10 and 10 or something..  I really couldn't understand because the JV team is next up and I felt like we desperately needed to play those games.  I also struggled to make sure we had enough players for these games as well.. I'd pull up 8 or 10 of my best freshman and we'd play the game.  At PLD, we can have some good teams and have had some really good ones over the last 5 years and have had some great success, but in order for us to be good we needed two full classes to achieve that.  My philosophy changed some... I wanted my Freshman and Sophomores to start playing together because at some point they will be Juniors and Seniors.  Those players needed to learn how to play together and I wanted that to happen early.  I got out of the freshmen league and got into a JV league.  I played in that for 2 years.  The issue I was having there was that large teams like Douglass, Bryan Station, Scott County etc.. had mostly Juniors and Sophomores.. They had designated freshman teams... Our freshmen were definitely outmatched in those games.  15 and 16 year olds playing against 13 and 14 is a big difference.  So this winter I talked with lots of teams that were in the same boat I'm in.  I decided to pull us together and form the Freshmore League.  More schools than not struggle with numbers.  We are a 6A school with almost 2,000 kids and we will have 80 kids 9-12.  There are probably numerous reasons for that. But that would be another post entirely.  I do have some larger middle school classes coming up in the future, so one day I hope to have a freshmen team and a separate JV team.  At that time I'll do something else that best fits my program.  Right now the Freshmore league is what I need, so I made it happen.  I hope one day I'll have 100+ players, but that's not the world I live in.  I definitely didn't leave teams out on purpose.  It didn't make sense for some teams to be in the league, because the model just didn't fit their needs either.  Hope this helps in clearing up who is playing in it and who is not and the reason for it at all.  If anyone has any questions on the league, or you are a coach who is interested in joining the league email me wesley.johnson2@fayette.kyschools.us  Go Dawgs
[-] The following 1 user Likes Coach JohnsonPLD's post:
  • Big Daddy Bull
(03-27-2024, 09:13 PM)Waitaminute Wrote:

Are you telling me Landis and company didn’t go around door to door to prominent athletes homes at Douglass when they first opened openly selling them to come to school there?

Or that they didn’t promise the QB from Knott the starting QB position if he moved there? 

(04-12-2024, 02:06 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:

Crazy stuff, I use to feel the same about Douglas, but most people dislike is out of jealousy they do a heck of a job. Are you talking about that new Froshmore Conference? If so, I do know those schools do not have enough players to have a Freshman or JV team which blows my mind at a 6A school. You could be talking about something else though I haven't heard of.
Yes that is correct I don’t see how they can ever compete in 6A without 3 separate teams. Douglass said that was fine they would only play their freshman but it was still no to playing in it.
(04-12-2024, 03:10 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote:
(03-27-2024, 09:13 PM)Waitaminute Wrote:

(04-12-2024, 02:06 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:

Yes that is correct I don’t see how they can ever compete in 6A without 3 separate teams. Douglass said that was fine they would only play their freshman but it was still no to playing in it.
@16BBall Fan It is indeed very tough to compete without three full teams!  We've done it but it takes a lot of work.  As for Douglass telling me that they would play their Freshman and I wouldn't let them in...That is not correct.
Hey thanks that sounds good @Coach JohnsonPLD if there would be no issue or problems with Douglass just playing all freshmen maybe next season they could play then. Thanks for the information appreciate it. Best of luck this season.
(04-11-2024, 05:49 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: Peyton Smith junior RB and the top offensive player at Taylor County last season has moved to Lexington and is enrolled at Frederick Douglass. Smith rushed for over 1500 yards and scored 22 touchdowns in 12 games with Taylor County. He will be a nice addition to an already strong group of returning running backs for the Broncos.

Boy, thats a big pickup and a nice athlete...  Smile Fan of this young man!
  • 16BBall Fan
(04-12-2024, 10:55 AM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:
Lol X5 why am I not surprised! It is their MO to get kids outside their district and/ or county. I mean Moore left after being enrolled at FD for 2 weeks. I guess they decided that the home off Winchester road wasn’t big enough. Too bad for the owner of that house. The kid from Taylor Co is a nice pick up. I wonder tho that home by Hamburg suddenly popped up available? Weird! Also Gary? What does he got to do with this thread? I mean is he actively enticing kids to play for him nephew?
(04-15-2024, 02:24 PM)Cafe Mocha Wrote:
(04-12-2024, 10:55 AM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:
Lol X5 why am I not surprised! It is their MO to get kids outside their district and/ or county. I mean Moore left after being enrolled at FD for 2 weeks. I guess they decided that the home off Winchester road wasn’t big enough. Too bad for the owner of that house. The kid from Taylor Co is a nice pick up. I wonder tho that home by Hamburg suddenly popped up available? Weird! Also Gary? What does he got to do with this thread? I mean is he actively enticing kids to play for him nephew?
Been waiting lol- I like reading your comments they have me cracking up, Garry is a go getter now that's a fact.
Congratulations to Bronco Coach Nathan McPeek today he received a call from his alma mater Marshall University to inform him he will be inducted into the University's Hall of Fame. The ceremony will be held the weekend of September 27-28. Congratulations very well-deserved coach!
  • Bull got out!
(04-19-2024, 10:59 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: Congratulations to Bronco Coach Nathan McPeek today he received a call from his alma mater Marshall University to inform him he will be inducted into the University's Hall of Fame. The ceremony will be held the weekend of September 27-28. Congratulations very well-deserved coach!

Nice! Congratulations!!!
  • 16BBall Fan
Garry is now at Eminence in an administration position.
(04-21-2024, 01:31 AM)PHSForever Wrote: Garry is now at Eminence in an administration position.
Wait, what? We thought he’s a “go get er” type of recruiter as one post mentioned on him. So now he’s gone from FD to Eminence?