Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frederick Douglass 2024
No he is an assistant coach at Douglass he is working in the central office at Eminence.
So he’s a paraprofessional or volunteer at FD and works for Eminence. Thank you for the clarification.
(04-23-2024, 04:48 PM)PHSForever Wrote: So he’s a paraprofessional or volunteer at FD and works for Eminence. Thank you for the clarification.

Yes he is just an assistant coach on Douglass staff.
(04-23-2024, 04:54 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote:
(04-23-2024, 04:48 PM)PHSForever Wrote: So he’s a paraprofessional or volunteer at FD and works for Eminence. Thank you for the clarification.

Wait, let me get this straight. Just a coach a FD, but works in central office in Eminence (which is kinda far) in reference to Lexington, who starts their practice at 330-4. Also does he still live in Richmond and is not on EKU staff any longer?
(04-23-2024, 08:23 PM)Cafe Mocha Wrote:

Wait, let me get this straight. Just a coach a FD, but works in central office in Eminence (which is kinda far) in reference to Lexington, who starts their practice at 330-4. Also does he still live in Richmond and is not on EKU staff any longer?
Yes- you must missed when 16th said he was back on FD staff, and if this is true about Eminence, no way he could make practice on the up and up, but nephew is the HC.
(04-24-2024, 01:14 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:

Yes- you must missed when 16th said he was back on FD staff, and if this is true about Eminence, no way he could make practice on the up and up, but nephew is the HC.
Yeah that’s kinda far to commute after work for him to get to practice in Lexington.
It just warms my heart to see how people care so much about the Broncos and Coach Garry McPeek. We are greatly appreciate it! Wink

My understanding is he lives in Nicholasville I thought?  I could be wrong. But no, he is not on the EKU staff any longer.
(04-24-2024, 10:40 PM)Fan Wrote: It just warms my heart to see how people care so much about the Broncos and Coach Garry McPeek. We are greatly appreciate it! Wink
He kinda draws the attention to himself with his past history, so of course people are curious when he hooks back up with the nephew. Just sayin’.
[-] The following 3 users Like PHSForever's post:
  • Big Daddy Bull, Cafe Mocha, Westside
(04-25-2024, 07:36 AM)PHSForever Wrote:
(04-24-2024, 10:40 PM)Fan Wrote: It just warms my heart to see how people care so much about the Broncos and Coach Garry McPeek. We are greatly appreciate it! Wink
He kinda draws the attention to himself with his past history, so of course people are curious when he hooks back up with the nephew. Just sayin’.
Exactly, your post is on point. Small percentage (like 2 people) care lol. That attention is drawn to the him, coaches and program lol. And we all know the history of coaching. Oh quick question to anyone on here… does high school NIL exist here in KY?
This!!
(04-25-2024, 10:22 AM)Cafe Mocha Wrote:
(04-24-2024, 10:40 PM)Fan Wrote: It just warms my heart to see how people care so much about the Broncos and Coach Garry McPeek. We are greatly appreciate it! ;)
Exactly, your post is on point. Small percentage (like 2 people) care lol. That attention is drawn to the him, coaches and program lol. And we all know the history of coaching. Oh quick question to anyone on here… does high school NIL exist here in KY?
You just seemed so worried about him working at Eminence and getting to practice at Douglass.

Yes it (NIL) does. Just check with Corbin.
(04-25-2024, 11:18 AM)16BBall Fan Wrote:
(04-25-2024, 10:22 AM)Cafe Mocha Wrote:
You just seemed so worried about him working at Eminence and getting to practice at Douglass.

I don't know if it was worry, but Henry County to Hamburg isn't exactly a quick drive and a genuine question IMO. If he can make it work, great for the Broncos but that would be a tall task. I wish Garry the best of luck wherever he is!

LOL! Believe me when I say this. We don’t care! Just seems like a great PR move to name a former college chief of staff to a high school coaching staff (supposedly). I say it’s just another recruiting tool that you all going to use. Oh btw, the NIL question was sarcastic towards your program. And like someone said on his post, Eminence is not a hop and skip to Hamburg, so one would be curious to see how he can commute and make it to 330-4 practice.
(04-25-2024, 06:24 PM)Cafe Mocha Wrote:
(04-24-2024, 10:40 PM)Fan Wrote: It just warms my heart to see how people care so much about the Broncos and Coach Garry McPeek. We are greatly appreciate it! ;)

LOL! Believe me when I say this. We don’t care! Just seems like a great PR move to name a former college chief of staff to a high school coaching staff (supposedly). I say it’s just another recruiting tool that you all going to use. Oh btw, the NIL question was sarcastic towards your program. And like someone said on his post, Eminence is not a hop and skip to Hamburg, so one would be curious to see how he can commute and make it to 330-4 practice.

In case you are not doing anything Sunday at 1:00pm we are having our 8th grade signing day for the class of 2028. If the space is enough I will post some pics about the big day on Sunday. Go Broncos!

Here is a pic of signing day card.

Here is what else 8th grade sees from Douglass.

This to me is the best promotion of Frederick Douglass Football.

Finally directly from Coach MePeek to both 8th grade players and their parents/guardians.

Best player development program I've been around in 20 years of coaching. If you are willing to work, sacrifice, and live the core great things happen at Frederick Douglass Football. Proof is right there and enough said! @fdouglassfb

Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 1 user Likes 16BBall Fan's post:
  • Bull got out!
(04-25-2024, 06:24 PM)Cafe Mocha Wrote:

I have read this forum for years. I have not posted but just like to read the ridiculous statements made by people.  i have to say this Mocha guy cracks me up. Im thinking i know who it is. Ive been around Lexington athletics for a long time.....  I do think i might enjoy posting some, we will see.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fcps's post:
  • Westside
(04-25-2024, 09:18 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote:
(04-25-2024, 06:24 PM)Cafe Mocha Wrote:
(04-25-2024, 07:36 AM)PHSForever Wrote: He kinda draws the attention to himself with his past history, so of course people are curious when he hooks back up with the nephew. Just sayin’.

In case you are not doing anything Sunday at 1:00pm we are having our 8th grade signing day for the class of 2028. If the space is enough I will post some pics about the big day on Sunday. Go Broncos!

Here is a pic of signing day card.

Here is what else 8th grade sees from Douglass.

This to me is the best promotion of Frederick Douglass Football.

Finally directly from Coach MePeek to both 8th grade players and their parents/guardians.

Best player development program I've been around in 20 years of coaching. If you are willing to work, sacrifice, and live the core great things happen at Frederick Douglass Football. Proof is right there and enough said! @fdouglassfb

Love it!! Awesome!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • 16BBall Fan
No one can argue. Douglas is putting in the work. Have a coaching staff that wants to win and puts in the effort to make it happen. Of course they will get kids. Who don’t want a coaching staff that is as committed as the athletes. Its amazing how many coaches choose to coach but never commit to the effort.
[-] The following 2 users Like Upnorth's post:
  • 16BBall Fan, Bull got out!
(04-25-2024, 11:01 PM)Upnorth Wrote: No one can argue. Douglas is putting in the work. Have a coaching staff that wants to win and puts in the effort to make it happen. Of course they will get kids. Who don’t want a coaching staff that is as committed as the athletes.  Its amazing how many coaches choose to coach but never commit to the effort.
Huh? What coaching staff doesn't want to win? Mostly all coaching staff put in the work and are grinders. Not trying to be negative towards Douglas, but you probably could take Sayres coaching staff and win at Douglas with some effort, it's not hard to see why they are successful, with their built-in advantages, ......and yes McPeak is a good coach, and they do a great job over there.  16th sometimes I think you give out too much information on Douglas that the Coaching staff probably would rather keep in house. Could be wrong.
16th sometimes I think you give out too much information on Douglas that the Coaching staff probably would rather keep in house. Could be wrong. @Big Daddy Bull

I don't see how since what I posted was all taken from the Douglass Football Page on Facebook.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16BBall Fan's post:
  • Big Daddy Bull
(Yesterday, 12:58 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:
(04-25-2024, 11:01 PM)Upnorth Wrote: No one can argue. Douglas is putting in the work. Have a coaching staff that wants to win and puts in the effort to make it happen. Of course they will get kids. Who don’t want a coaching staff that is as committed as the athletes.  Its amazing how many coaches choose to coach but never commit to the effort.
Huh? What coaching staff doesn't want to win? Mostly all coaching staff put in the work and are grinders. Not trying to be negative towards Douglas, but you probably could take Sayres coaching staff and win at Douglas with some effort, it's not hard to see why they are successful, with their built-in advantages, ......and yes McPeak is a good coach, and they do a great job over there.  16th sometimes I think you give out too much information on Douglas that the Coaching staff probably would rather keep in house. Could be wrong.
Wanting to win and actually putting in the work to win are two different things. You can look around and see plenty of coaches putting in half effort. There are coaches out there that disappear after season and don’t show back up till summer.  Some have no interest in the weigh program. Some don’t stay in contact with their athletes. Some don’t check grades. Don’t assume every staff has the same level if commitment.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Upnorth's post:
  • 16BBall Fan