Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats going on at Paintsville
(12-08-2023, 09:35 AM)Diablo Wrote: Orem isn’t gonna go coach a damn rec league  team and leave Pikeville.  So what she beat them 90-9.  Maybe the kids/coaches at the school they demolished should work on their games.  It’s a competition.  Stats matter and the girls from Pikeville gotta get them.
Disagree with that. This isn’t college or pro sports where the athletes are paid. East Ridge is bad obviously. Pikeville has 2 D1 signees and several other college players. Beating a bad team like that doesn’t prove anything. You don’t see Mcnamee beating Phelps or Jenkins like that when he could put 100 up if he wanted to. On another note isn’t there a running clock rule is basketball where the clock constantly runs to prevent this type of stuff.
[-] The following 2 users Like pirateforlife's post:
  • Diogenes, Phs2004
I got ya Pirate. Don’t have to agree. They don’t need to play period. This prevents this stuff from happening. When your 3rd 5 is better than other teams first 5, it makes it tuff.
(12-08-2023, 03:02 PM)Diablo Wrote: I got ya Pirate.  Don’t have to agree.  They don’t need to play period.  This prevents this stuff from happening.  When your 3rd 5 is better than other teams first 5, it makes it tuff.
Well, they’re in the same district, so they have to play. It was said earlier the previous 4 games against ER were just as lopsided. According to those in attendance, the starter’s were in this game until 4:00 left to go in the 4th.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
East Ridge should forfeit so Pikeville can schedule better teams
(12-08-2023, 09:35 AM)Diablo Wrote: Orem isn’t gonna go coach a damn rec league  team and leave Pikeville.  So what she beat them 90-9.  Maybe the kids/coaches at the school they demolished should work on their games.  It’s a competition.  Stats matter and the girls from Pikeville gotta get them.
The players or parents aren't a fan of Orem right now,

It will be interesting to see just how unhappy they are. 
Ain’t ever a happy parent unless their kid is the star. Bet Thornsberry and Rowes family is happy.
(12-08-2023, 09:38 PM)Diablo Wrote: Ain’t ever a happy parent unless their kid is the star.  Bet Thornsberry and Rowes family is happy.

Takes more than two kids to field a team or run a practice.
Yeah for real.
(12-08-2023, 09:38 PM)Diablo Wrote: Ain’t ever a happy parent unless their kid is the star. Bet Thornsberry and Rowes family is happy.

Pikeville will be just fine, we always are.

I will take that bet though.
This is a shame. This happened with the same kind of “talk” and the softball coach last year at Paintsville. He is no longer there and he has been in the KHSBCA Hall of Fame for over 15 years. Lol! So obviously someone thinks they can do a better job than the guys hired to do it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 14th Official's post:
  • Phs2004
(12-10-2023, 02:56 AM)14th Official Wrote: This is a shame. This happened with the same kind of “talk” and the softball coach last year at Paintsville. He is no longer there and he has been in the KHSBCA Hall of Fame for over 15 years. Lol! So obviously someone thinks they can do a better job than the guys hired to do it.
I thought Keaton was still coaching. Who took over?
(12-10-2023, 06:53 PM)Redneck Wrote:
(12-10-2023, 02:56 AM)14th Official Wrote: This is a shame. This happened with the same kind of “talk” and the softball coach last year at Paintsville. He is no longer there and he has been in the KHSBCA Hall of Fame for over 15 years. Lol! So obviously someone thinks they can do a better job than the guys hired to do it.
I thought Keaton was still coaching. Who took over?

the KHSAA has Casey Music listed as coach now
(12-08-2023, 01:20 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:
Disagree with that. This isn’t college or pro sports where the athletes are paid. East Ridge is bad obviously. Pikeville has 2 D1 signees and several other college players. Beating a bad team like that doesn’t prove anything. You don’t see Mcnamee beating Phelps or Jenkins like that when he could put 100 up if he wanted to. On another note isn’t there a running clock rule is basketball where the clock constantly runs to prevent this type of stuff.
She had her starters in, in the 4th quarter playing pressure man. She’s trying to prove a point. All she’s gonna do is end up getting her kids hurt. Karma sucks
So much whining over a game. Y’all don’t cry that much when a bunch get shot in a drive by somewhere in the USA. Pikeville could scored 200.
(12-11-2023, 04:05 PM)Diablo Wrote: So much whining over a game.  Y’all don’t cry that much when a bunch get shot in a drive by somewhere in the USA.  Pikeville could scored 200.
Lol what a response. Just because they “could” beat basically a grade school squad 100 doesn’t mean they should. Maybe she should’ve coached that hard  in the regional title game last year ??‍♂️.
(12-11-2023, 01:54 PM)SouthEast18 Wrote:
(12-08-2023, 01:20 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:
She had her starters in, in the 4th quarter playing pressure man. She’s trying to prove a point. All she’s gonna do is end up getting her kids hurt. Karma sucks
What point is there to prove doing that? You probably could make up a 15th region all star team minus Pikeville players and Pikeville would still have more talent. They have the only 2 D1 players in the region.
I sense a lot of jealousy. Maybe next time Pikeville can only play 2 vs 5.
I'm agreeing with the people that don't like this. Starters should have never left the bench after halfime.
[-] The following 4 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • BigEd13, Card2000, Diogenes, Phs2004
Those who don’t get their averages don’t make All State or win Mrs Basketball. Stats matter. Should pick these end of the year teams off of talent instead of numbers. And honestly I agree but you got to do what’s best for your team, especially the upper classmen.
(12-05-2023, 02:06 PM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: Kinner is a clown.... What has he done positive for any of Paintsville's athletics programs?
Well, lets see...

Head Football Coach

Year           Won        Lost
2008            6             6
2009            4             7
2010            3             8
2011            2             9

Playoffs        0             4 

Outscored in the playoffs 35 to 192

Coached his son's grade school team for one year and the only thing he taught the other kids on the team was how to get the ball to his son.

One of the most self serving people you'll ever meet. Paintsville athletics is headed down a unsuccessful path.
[-] The following 3 users Like BigEd13's post:
  • BlackcatPride32, Phs2004, TheStickyBandit
(12-12-2023, 01:09 PM)BigEd13 Wrote:
(12-05-2023, 02:06 PM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: Kinner is a clown.... What has he done positive for any of Paintsville's athletics programs?
Well, lets see...

Head Football Coach

Coached his son's grade school team for one year and the only thing he taught the other kids on the team was how to get the ball to his son.

One of the most self serving people you'll ever meet. Paintsville athletics is headed down a unsuccessful path.

it seems the whole school system is headed down an unsuccessful path and Kinner is a clown. Does Paintsville drug test their employees anymore? If not, they should. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Phs2004's post:
  • TheStickyBandit
(12-12-2023, 01:09 PM)BigEd13 Wrote:
Well, lets see...

Head Football Coach

One of the most self serving people you'll ever meet. Paintsville athletics is headed down an unsuccessful path.
Hopefully someone can get a handle on that before he runs that school into the ground. There is a lot of tradition there for them to let one person take it down
Idk if some of y’all are very familiar with Paintsville’s history, but that stretch of years you’re bringing up when Kinner was the head football coach, is probably the weakest stretch in the history of Paintsville Athletics as a whole. We just didn’t have very many athletes roaming the halls during those years.

Basketball:
08/09: 7-19
09/10: 7-20
10/11: 12-14
11/12: 8-19

Baseball:
09: 19-12
10: 14-21
11: 15-14
12: 15-17

Kash Daniels group was the beginning of the rebuild. Everyone knew they were gonna be when they were in middle school.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Redneck's post:
  • Phs2004
(12-12-2023, 07:26 PM)Redneck Wrote: Idk if some of y’all are very familiar with Paintsville’s history, but that stretch of years you’re bringing up when Kinner was the head football coach, is probably the weakest stretch in the history of Paintsville Athletics as a whole. We just didn’t have very many athletes roaming the halls during those years.

Basketball:

Baseball:

Kash Daniels group was the beginning of the rebuild. Everyone knew they were gonna be when they were in middle school.

you’re probably right about that, but I think him running off two really good coaches and even better men is a bigger issue.
[-] The following 2 users Like 14th Official's post:
  • BigEd13, TheStickyBandit
(12-12-2023, 10:29 PM)No 14th Official Wrote:
(12-12-2023, 07:26 PM)Redneck Wrote: Idk if some of y’all are very familiar with Paintsville’s history, but that stretch of years you’re bringing up when Kinner was the head football coach, is probably the weakest stretch in the history of Paintsville Athletics as a whole. We just didn’t have very many athletes roaming the halls during those years.

Basketball:

Baseball:

you’re probably right about that, but I think him running off two really good coaches and even better men is a bigger issue.

Based off the Paintsville Herald article, it doesn’t look like a popular decision in Paintsville
(12-08-2023, 06:38 PM)Belfry_99 Wrote:
The players or parents aren't a fan of Orem right now,

It will be interesting to see just how unhappy they are. 
I had to deal with Orem in supposedly the job they made for her to justify her hire at Pikeville. In my 36 years of doing business with the Pikeville school system I had never run across a more rude, arrogant, unqualified, and unprofessional complete jerk than what she is...A total disgrace to the Pikeville school system.
Orem probably feels the same way about you Bob Seger. I think she’s a great coach and person. She wins and quality players want to play for her. Works 365 days a year on basketball. Do these other coaches? Very few.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Diablo's post:
  • The 99
(12-15-2023, 10:01 AM)Diablo Wrote: Orem probably feels the same way about you Bob Seger.  I think she’s a great coach and person.  She wins and quality players want to play for her.  Works 365 days a year on basketball.  Do these other coaches?  Very few.
Well good for you, you must be family from Johnson Co.. Everything that you mentioned doesn't have anything to do with the person inside that she has displayed to me 'ole buddy. One of the absolute worst human beings I've ever had to encounter in 36 years in doing business with Pikeville Independent Schools.. The adjectives I used previously all apply 100%. I also might add the words incompetent and clueless.
(12-15-2023, 10:01 AM)Diablo Wrote: Orem probably feels the same way about you Bob Seger.  I think she’s a great coach and person.  She wins and quality players want to play for her.  Works 365 days a year on basketball.  Do these other coaches?  Very few.
Anybody can win with what she’s got. She got outcoached 2 years In a row by Feltner. Went 1-1. Malinda Feltner taught her a free class at the expo last year.
Yeah, Malinda didn’t have any talent at all on her team….. just Mrs Basketball Runner Up. And a few more college bound players. Pretty even stacked deck to me.