Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats going on at Paintsville
Coach Trimble is out as coach.
Case of Parents who are also administrators interfering
[-] The following 1 user Likes Truewords's post:
  • Bandit29
His statement says it all, Kinners forced him out because their kid wasn’t the absolute focal point.
(12-03-2023, 10:26 PM)RTruth Wrote: His statement says it all,  Kinners forced him out because their kid wasn’t the absolute focal point.
She is one of the best in the region she by far the best long range shooter in the 15 region
(12-03-2023, 11:30 PM)Coach00 Wrote:
(12-03-2023, 10:26 PM)RTruth Wrote: His statement says it all,  Kinners forced him out because their kid wasn’t the absolute focal point.
She is one of the best in the region she by far the best long range shooter in the 15 region

She is a very good player, no doubt. It takes more than one though and egos have to get checked. Ask Pikeville. Ask Lawrence.
Very strange situation. Play the opener against Floyd Central and win by almost 20 points. Then a couple of days later Coach Trimble resigns with a ton of outrage in the community. Paintsville has a very talented group this year but who knows how this is going to effect their chemistry.
Administrators pressed the wrong button with Coach Trimble.
So many players looked up to him.
Sad.
I happened to see posts from Trimble and his family on Facebook and it seemed like current and former players and their families are outraged.

Not a good look for Paintsville's administration.
(12-04-2023, 10:11 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: I happened to see posts from Trimble and his family on Facebook and it seemed like current and former players and their families are outraged.

Not a good look for Paintsville's administration.
Hearing Todd Howard is going to be leaving hazard to go coach at paintsville? I believe he has family in that school system.
I hate to see this but its a story we have all heard far too many times...
Brian Helton is listed now as the coach on KHSAA. I would assume that is on an interim basis. Paintsville did win last night 62-48 against Betsy Layne.
Kinner is a clown.... What has he done positive for any of Paintsville's athletics programs?
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheStickyBandit's post:
  • Bandit29
What’s he supposed to do? Hell he’s too old to play any more. He fire Trimble?
Forcing a coach out might as well be the same as firing them.... 

Is that you Jason? Big Grin

(12-05-2023, 04:00 PM)Diablo Wrote: What’s he supposed to do?  Hell he’s too old to play any more.  He fire Trimble?

His job.... which means make decisions that are best for the program... That is typically what good athletic directors do.
Getting rid of a quality Coach 2 games into the season isn’t what good AD’s do. If the AD thought the Coach needed to be replaced why wouldn’t you do it at the end of last year. It’s a case of a dad wanting to have more control over how his daughter was used bottom line.
[-] The following 2 users Like Reds#1Fan's post:
  • Phs2004, TheStickyBandit
(12-06-2023, 12:19 AM)Reds#1Fan Wrote: Getting rid of a quality Coach 2 games into the season isn’t what good AD’s do. If the AD thought the Coach needed to be replaced why wouldn’t you do it at the end of last year. It’s a case of a dad wanting to have more control over how his daughter was used bottom line.

Couldn't agree more.
(12-05-2023, 05:10 PM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: Forcing a coach out might as well be the same as firing them.... 

(12-05-2023, 04:00 PM)Diablo Wrote: What’s he supposed to do?  Hell he’s too old to play any more.  He fire Trimble?

His job.... which means make decisions that are best for the program... That is typically what good athletic directors do.
Someone wasnt getting enough shots is all it boils down to. Way to go Les for standing up for whats right. too many people let the inmates run the asylum now days. Glad he stood for something
[-] The following 1 user Likes SouthEast18's post:
  • Phs2004
SInce when did AD's fire coaches in HS sports?
(12-06-2023, 09:31 PM)plantmanky Wrote: SInce when did AD's fire coaches in HS sports?
AD didn’t fire anyone.

Trimble stepped down after a conversation he had with the AD.
(12-06-2023, 06:24 PM)SouthEast18 Wrote:
(12-05-2023, 05:10 PM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: Forcing a coach out might as well be the same as firing them.... 

Someone wasnt getting enough shots is all it boils down to. Way to go Les for standing up for whats right. too many people let the inmates run the asylum now days. Glad he stood for something
Agreed. 

A good athletic director makes decisions that have the programs best interest at heart.... not an individual player. As I said above. Kinner may be a decent AD but this was a bonehead move and the move of a bad AD. 

Glad the coach stood up for what he thought was right. Most coaches would have caved in and done as they were told.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheStickyBandit's post:
  • Phs2004
"After a brief conversation Saturday morning with Paintsville Athletic Director Jason Kinner it became very obvious to myself and my family that new leadership is needed for the Paintsville Lady Tiger Basketball program"

This is a direct quote from Les Trimbles facebook post he made publicly stepping down as the girls basketball coach. Reading that it makes ME think that this isn't Kinner kicking him out, it sounds like the Principal and Assistant Principal is the one that wanted Les gone.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(12-07-2023, 10:05 AM)Spud6 Wrote: "After a brief conversation Saturday morning with Paintsville Athletic  Director Jason Kinner it became very obvious to myself and my family that new leadership is needed for the Paintsville Lady Tiger Basketball program"

This is a direct quote from Les Trimbles facebook post he made publicly stepping down as the girls basketball coach.  Reading that it makes ME think that this isn't Kinner kicking him out, it sounds like the Principal and Assistant Principal is the one that wanted Les gone.
That could be the case Spud6. After all Kinner’s wife is the assistant principal and a girls basketball coach. Perhaps she’s wanting the basketball coaching job too. This whole situation with Les has Jason Kinner’s name written all over it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Phs2004's post:
  • TheStickyBandit
Any chance the interim tag stays on Helton for the season and we see Orem return home to Paintsville next season?
(12-07-2023, 11:55 AM)Colonel4Life1999 Wrote: Any chance the interim tag stays on Helton for the season and we see Orem return home to Paintsville next season?
0.5%
Pikeville money is wayyy better than Paintsville.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(12-07-2023, 10:17 PM)Ring'Em Up Wrote:
(12-07-2023, 11:55 AM)Colonel4Life1999 Wrote: Any chance the interim tag stays on Helton for the season and we see Orem return home to Paintsville next season?
0.5%
Pikeville money is wayyy better than Paintsville.
That’s what I was gonna say, BUT, there are ALOT of Pikeville folks not happy with her right now after they beat East Ridge 90+ to 9. She even put the starters back in to start the 4th quarter with that ridiculous lead. It’s all over social media. A bunch have even referenced the Paintsville job being open.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
Orem isn’t gonna go coach a damn rec league team and leave Pikeville. So what she beat them 90-9. Maybe the kids/coaches at the school they demolished should work on their games. It’s a competition. Stats matter and the girls from Pikeville gotta get them.
(12-08-2023, 09:35 AM)Diablo Wrote: Orem isn’t gonna go coach a damn rec league  team and leave Pikeville.  So what she beat them 90-9.  Maybe the kids/coaches at the school they demolished should work on their games.  It’s a competition.  Stats matter and the girls from Pikeville gotta get them.
Tell that to the Pikeville faithful on social media that aren’t happy about it lol. I couldn’t care less. That was the 5th time in a row they’ve demoralized East Ridge.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
[-] The following 1 user Likes Redneck's post:
  • Phs2004
I’m sure it’s parents that kids don’t get to play much or if any doing all the crying.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Diablo's post:
  • Phs2004
Lol if you need stats bad enough to beat a team by 80 points its a sad day and time. To me that looks a lot worse on Pikeville than it does East Ridge. High school sports are supposed to teach kids life lessons. Please tell me what beating a team 80 points teaches anyone involved.
[-] The following 2 users Like Reds#1Fan's post:
  • Cactus Jack, Diogenes
Tells me that the kids at East Ridge better get in the gym and get better. Pikeville could put 200 up on them easily. Why they even schedule a game like that? Dumb. I’d probably hate even worse if I knew the other team didn’t play hard and let up on me. What life lessons does it teach giving everyone a trophy?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Diablo's post:
  • insideinfo