5. Mayfield
6. O Cath
7. Bryan Station
8. Cooper
9. Cov Cath
10. Bell County
11. Pikeville
12. Raceland

This would be my thoughts. I think the top 2 are locked, and I believe Boyle could compete nationally at a high level with the way their defense dominated a very good Cov Cath team. Trinity has come along way from the start of the season, and I think that’s a huge part to the freshman QB settling in. He’s going to be a game changer.

As far as #3-#6 I could see any of those teams beating each other. A game between any of them could come down to turnovers, unforced penalties, or just who has the ball last.

Cov Cath based off of the past weekend would be #9 with the best odds to move up if they were to play anyone else, but that stingy Boyle D just really did not give a good look for me to judge them. They were smothered start to finish. Credit to Boyle.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Redbird Believer's post:
  • Bull got out!
(12-05-2023, 12:02 PM)Granny Bear Wrote:
(12-04-2023, 07:31 PM)rookie57 Wrote:
(12-03-2023, 03:27 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: Boyle
Trinity
Bryan Station
Bowling Green
CAL
O Cath
Mayfield
Cov Cath
Cooper
Pikeville
Bell
Raceland

You can mix up the last 4!
Come on granny, mayfield beat OC, you have to put them above OC

(12-04-2023, 05:45 PM)mysonis55 Wrote: 1) Boyle County
2) Trinity
3) Mayfield
4) Owensboro Catholic
5) Bowling Green
6) Bryan Station
7) CAL
8) Cooper
9) Cov Cath
10) Bell County
11) Pikeville
12) Raceland

Things to remember, BG lost to LCA. LCA was beaten by Mayfield. OC was right there with Mayfield. It was obvious to anyone watching, 1a teams were way down this year. CAL lost to LCA, who again lost to Mayfield. If Bell County had a passing game, they would be much higher. I was thoroughly impressed with their tenacity.
For once I agree with you, that’s exactly how I would rate them

You are exactly correct rookie57.  But this was the first game I got to see both of these teams play.  And I swear, it was Atwell to Currico (sp?) ALL THE TIME.  I was impressed with that duo and that's why I listed them like that.
Atwell to carrico was almost unstoppable, but so was Cartwright to morris and biggers, and JU JU rushing for 197 yards.

(12-05-2023, 11:12 AM)Advicegiver74 Wrote:
(12-05-2023, 09:42 AM)rookie57 Wrote:
(12-05-2023, 07:10 AM)Advicegiver74 Wrote: Cal beats Mayfield by 2-3 scores
Well, again, comparing common opponents, Cal beat LCA by 2, Mayfield beat LCA BY 22. Then there’s that
And time from week 4 ish to the playoffs a lot changes cal beat central by 7 then a month later  won by 38  different gear kicked in
As did Mayfield’s gear when then took down # 1,3, and 4 in back to back to back wins.
2) Trinity
3) Mayfield
4) Owensboro Catholic
5) Bowling Green
6) Bryan Station

7) CAL
8) Cooper
9) Cov Cath
10) Bell County
11) Pikeville
12) Raceland

Things to remember, BG lost to LCA. LCA was beaten by Mayfield. OC was right there with Mayfield. It was obvious to anyone watching, 1a teams were way down this year. CAL lost to LCA, who again lost to Mayfield. If Bell County had a passing game, they would be much higher. I was thoroughly impressed with their tenacity.

If you're going to use who beat who to calibrate your ranking you might check out Sept. 2 when Bryan Station beat Bowling Green. This isn't disputing your opinion but rather questioning the method. In your defense, that game was only a 3-point difference with a Bryan Station advantage being at LCA.

(12-05-2023, 10:54 AM)Hatz Wrote:
(12-04-2023, 11:31 PM)mysonis55 Wrote:
(12-04-2023, 08:48 PM)Hatz Wrote:
2) Trinity
3) Mayfield
4) Owensboro Catholic
5) Bowling Green
6) Bryan Station
7) CAL
8) Cooper
9) Cov Cath
10) Bell County
11) Pikeville
12) Raceland

Things to remember, BG lost to LCA. LCA was beaten by Mayfield. OC was right there with Mayfield. It was obvious to anyone watching, 1a teams were way down this year. CAL lost to LCA, who again lost to Mayfield. If Bell County had a passing game, they would be much higher. I was thoroughly impressed with their tenacity.

Where does the loss to PT fit into the equation?  Mayfield lost to them and Cov Cath beat PT.

They don’t. They weren’t one of the 12 teams at state. Therefore they weren’t part of the discussion.

So the Mayfield loss to PT and the PT loss to Cov Cath are not in your criteria.  Okay.   Cool

Come on! No need for rationality, it gets in the way of bias  Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Glory_Days's post:
  • Hatz, HighViz