Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louisville Christian Academy 41 Bell County 16 3A FOOTBALL STATE CHAMPIONSHIP
(12-02-2023, 04:24 PM)YellowJacketFan Wrote: Mr. Football definitely played in the 3A title game today, and it wasn’t Daniel Thomas.

It definitely WAS Daniel Thomas.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • BobcatForever
(12-02-2023, 04:33 PM)YellowJacketFan Wrote:
(12-02-2023, 04:29 PM)BobcatForever Wrote: Congratulations CAL and Way to Fight Bobcats til the end Great Season Bobcats!!

(12-02-2023, 04:24 PM)YellowJacketFan Wrote: Mr. Football definitely played in the 3A title game today, and it wasn’t Daniel Thomas.
 Still best RB in the State!!

(12-02-2023, 04:19 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: Bell knew they had to limit CAL's offensive touches, and they executed that plan flawlessly for the first quarter.  CAL didn't even touch the ball offensively until second quarter.  HOWEVER, once they did touch the ball, they scored in under two minutes.  CAL is a scoring machine, and deserve the 3A title!!

I hope Bell doesn't get down too much!  They hung with CAL as well as most any other team would.

I'm pretty proud of the way the BobCats represented!
They Are Very Explosive I thought we battled them til the end no quit
Best stats in the state I’ll agree with, hardest working I’ll also agree with. Far from the best
If you had two brain cells they'd rub together and start a fire. Stick to filling the water jugs up.
(12-02-2023, 04:45 PM)BobcatPride05 Wrote:
(12-02-2023, 04:29 PM)BobcatForever Wrote: Congratulations CAL and Way to Fight Bobcats til the end Great Season Bobcats!!

(12-02-2023, 04:19 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: Bell knew they had to limit CAL's offensive touches, and they executed that plan flawlessly for the first quarter.  CAL didn't even touch the ball offensively until second quarter.  HOWEVER, once they did touch the ball, they scored in under two minutes.  CAL is a scoring machine, and deserve the 3A title!!

I hope Bell doesn't get down too much!  They hung with CAL as well as most any other team would.

Best stats in the state I’ll agree with, hardest working I’ll also agree with. Far from the best
It’s amazing how people from the SAME county can’t support a kid and team that made it to the biggest show in the state. Typical middlesboro fan. Hate bell county so much they hate on a kid and team while they’ve been sitting on the couch for 3 weeks. Go Bobcats! Proud of these kids for how they fought all season. We got beat by the better team.  Dudley is still French’s daddy and we still own the county!
Bell County has disappointed me too many times to county, but I support the mountain boys in the playoffs, and I'm a big fan of Daniel Thomas. He's a quality young man that give all he has  on the playing field.
(12-02-2023, 05:13 PM)YellowJacketFan Wrote:
(12-02-2023, 04:56 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: As far back as I can remember I have hated Bell County.  They've always been Harlan County's biggest rival.

BUT that stops when the games stop!!  I have some wonderful friends from Bell County, and I have nothing but respect for the football program.  That said, ANY kid with the records, stats and character that Daniel Thomas has deserves to be Mr Football.  And what team he plays on, matters NONE!!!

This statement from YellowjacketFan should tell you guys all you need to know.
To each their own, I respect Daniel Thomas character and play, he’s one of the hardest working players I’ve seen play high school football. There’s no hate here all I said is that he wasn’t the best running back in the state. Ruffled a few bobcat feathers I see. Nothing new from that bunch.

His stats suggest otherwise. I'm a die - hard Colonel.
Like I’ve said before, Hensley did nothing this season that Thomas didn’t do better. Thomas had nearly identical stats against LCA running into a 10 man box. Hensley had the same numbers against LCA with a top qb in the nation throwing it nearly 25 times that game.

Anyone that thinks otherwise and wants to doubt Thomas’ body of work, I have a huge sack of money to bet you that he will be Mr Football if you are interested. Everyone without a vested interest knows it’s a no brainer.
Proud of my Bobcats. Sure enjoyed watching Thomas play this year!
[-] The following 3 users Like jax's post:
  • BobcatForever, Bull got out!, pjdoug
(12-02-2023, 10:38 PM)fansville Wrote: Like I’ve said before, Hensley did nothing this season that Thomas didn’t do better. Thomas had nearly identical stats against LCA running into a 10 man box. Hensley had the same numbers against LCA with a top qb in the nation throwing it nearly 25 times that game.

Anyone that thinks otherwise and wants to doubt Thomas’ body of work, I have a huge sack of money to bet you that he will be Mr Football if you are interested. Everyone without a vested interest knows it’s a no brainer.
LOL! I have no doubt Thomas will win the award, but for you to say he has done the same body work as Hensley is laughable. You all say Thomas did it with 7, 8, 9 man in the box, but who are those team? Exactly cupcake city teams. Put those same 7-9 man in the box with BG, Pikeville, Raceland, CAL, Boyle Co. Mayfield, you think Thomas gets the same stats? I doubt it. So my point and to others view, Thomas will be Mr. Football with the numbers he has vs cupcake city where as Hensley put nearly the same with a lot tougher schedule (6 teams) that were in the state championship and 1 in the semi in Lex Cath. And if you think Thomas will put in the same number as he has against those teams I mentioned, then y’all don’t know much about analytical numbers… but he will win it he’s got the numbers but it doesn’t mean it’s the right choice.
(12-02-2023, 09:44 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

If you had two brain cells they'd rub together and start a fire. Stick to filling the water jugs up.
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

(12-02-2023, 09:46 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

It’s amazing how people from the SAME county can’t support a kid and team that made it to the biggest show in the state. Typical middlesboro fan. Hate bell county so much they hate on a kid and team while they’ve been sitting on the couch for 3 weeks. Go Bobcats! Proud of these kids for how they fought all season. We got beat by the better team.  Dudley is still French’s daddy and we still own the county!
Bell County has disappointed me too many times to county, but I support the mountain boys in the playoffs, and I'm a big fan of Daniel Thomas. He's a quality young man that give all he has  on the playing field.
Respect!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes BobcatForever's post:
  • pjdoug
Congrats Cal, and putting aside old rivalries Comgrats to Bell definitely over achieved this year and for the first qtr of the game thought Bell might actually have a chance….Somethings in life can’t be counted out, the government when it comes to taxes, and Dudley Hilton having a game plan to win when most believe he don’t have a chance

Do you not remember the last two times they met in a big game. Im pretty sure Larry beat dudley 2 of the last 3 times they met in 09 & 10. So what is Haddix to dudley if dudley is French’s daddy?Considering he went 0-4 against Haddix in 2 seasons.
(12-03-2023, 12:10 AM)BobcatForever Wrote:

Respect!!

I love you Bell County people. I hope you have a Merry Christmas!
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • BobcatForever
(12-04-2023, 12:49 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(12-03-2023, 12:10 AM)BobcatForever Wrote:

(12-02-2023, 04:33 PM)YellowJacketFan Wrote: Best stats in the state I’ll agree with, hardest working I’ll also agree with. Far from the best
Respect!!

I love you Bell County people. I hope you have a Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas To You And Yours!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes BobcatForever's post:
  • pjdoug
Off by the call of a missed 2 pt. conversion...

The score played out as predicted, but Bell started out great executing their game plan. It gave me hope they could keep CAL under 28 even without a turnover by shear means of time restraint. Then, we saw how easily CAL moved the ball and scored. Let's face it, CAL has become the 3A version of X & T and it will take something special to dethrone them each and every year. It's a shame we have a skewed system.

(11-30-2023, 01:41 PM)Glory_Days Wrote: Bell Co's defense is the glaring issue in this game and probably the biggest reason for some of the running clock predictions. Slowing the game down is definitely the key for the Bobcats along with creating some turnovers. How the running game plays out for Bell Co will be interesting especially with Thomas' statistics.

CAL's defense keeping Hensley and Stone well under their season averages is very impressive. Can Thomas find more success?

Prediction:
I'm expecting a 24-29 margin in favor of CAL with the possibility of a running clock if Bell Co resorts to throwing the ball.
CAL 41-14 (Bell Co goes 1/2 on 2 pt. conversions)