Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hot takes on 2A for 2024
(12-20-2023, 02:23 PM)Cat Daddy Wrote: A lot can happen in a years time, especially with the transfer portal, but I look for your usual suspects to be at the top of 2A. Beechwood would be my #1 team as of now, followed by Mayfield, LCA, and Somerset. Owensboro Catholic could be a darkhorse, and if Breathitt can find a QB and magically become more disciplined, they could surprise people, but I'm done with all of the hype. It should be an interesting year to say the least in 2A.
I agree with that list. How many are returning for Owensboro Catholic? I don't really follow their program, but I sure was impressed with what I saw last year.
The top 4 teams will be the same ones from last year!
I hope I’m wrong, but I think it will be a couple years before we challenge for another title. We will be competitive and you just never know with Coach Joe running the show, but my expectations are tempered.
(01-30-2024, 08:16 AM)alexiseayy Wrote: I hope I’m wrong, but I think it will be a couple years before we challenge for another title. We will be competitive and you just never know with Coach Joe running the show, but my expectations are tempered.

Mayfield is Mayfield they never have a down year! 
My take on District 6, I honestly think Breathitt will be better this season. Talking with a few coaches, they are gonna work hard on the discipline. The hype stuff has took a backseat and the players seem to be humbled when you talk to them at ball games. Having Holcomb back helping will be a big plus for the bobcats as well. But it’s Somersets district to lose. Those guys at the end of the season looked good and they return most of their starters. Somerset and Breathitt will play for 1-2 seed, Leslie and Danville will play for 3-4 seed.
Breathitt is still a QB away. I'm glad to see Coach Holcomb back with the program. Hopefully he can mold one of these QBs into a good player. Not sure if Hollon gets the start to begin his Freshman year but from what little I have seen he is the best option. Breathitt has some talent and a few really good freshmen coming in the main 2 being Hollon at QB and Thomas at RB who will be a star at Breathitt. The class that has been touted in the local paper and by several so called local experts as the best since 1995 are Jrs who have yet to do anything to remotely deserve such an accolade. This year I don't see them beating a very good Somerset team for the district so that will most likely mean a 2nd rd trip to Fort Mitchell and an early exit from the 2a playoffs. With the current alignment the Somerset vs Breathitt game is for the district title but the main prize is being able to avoid Beechwood until at least the 3rd Rd.
Breathitt Beats Somerset this year!!! Somerset different team without that RB. Unless they can get transfer I think bobcats win possibly by couple 2tds. That RB they had was really special . I got good feeling be different bobcats defense this year. Backfield is going have a lot weapons. Look for Kylan Combs have big year with Gibson also having big year. Bobcats will have a lot more speed in backfield.