Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Pikeville 21 Raceland 0 1A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP
Sad that Racelands Coach was half way on the Field every play Crying for Calls and ended up getting many which weren't even close to be penalties. Here's an example of the Difference from actual Coaching vs Coaching the WRONG things Watch this video  the Raceland Players both Flop and The Raceland Coaches Beg and complain for a penalty. This is a Discrace to how the game is Suppose to be Coached and played.[Video: http://https://m.facebook.com/story.php?...tid=Nif5oz]
Couldn’t see the recent flop jobs. However I did see the one with Sayre. I would love to see the last one or one’s against pikeville. Perhaps this is a new offensive concept the lambs are implementing!!! Gonna need something with the mass exodus of the super class!! If this past flop was as bad as the first, might I suggest some acting classes after 7th period weights!!!!
What will you gripe about now that the super class is gone?
Don’t you worry yourself, I’ll find something
I really think Beagle is a Ram fan through and through but he just needs to go through the transition to orange and black then get him a horn to blow
If all I had to wear was orange and black, well it would be a sad sight for the world to see. Lol
[Video: http://https://m.facebook.com/story.php?...tid=Nif5oz]

Sorry I just can't get it to post. I'll find a way ?
(12-03-2023, 10:00 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: What will you gripe about now that the super class is gone?
This is the only thing that I will say about the “superclass” and transfers is Raceland isn’t doing anything that other programs across the state have been doing for decades.  I don’t necessarily agree with it but if it’s within the parameters of the rules then what can you do?

Just look at what Beechwood did in 2021.  They brought back Mr. Football and a host of others with the Covid rule and had one of the most dominant small school teams I’ve ever seen play in person.  I am by no means trying to compare Raceland with that program but if people want to get mad about one school doing something then they should be more upset with the State for creating a system that allows it to happen.
Yea well 10 years ago it was unheard of for marijuana to be legal in any state. Now it’s legal almost everywhere but Ky. So when they legalize it here will that be ok in your opinion too?
Some want to live in the grey area, some hold the course. Which are you!!
(12-04-2023, 12:04 AM)Beagle1 Wrote: Yea well 10 years ago it was unheard of for marijuana to be legal in any state.  Now it’s legal almost everywhere but Ky.  So when they legalize it here will that be ok in your opinion too?
Some want to live in the grey area, some hold the course.  Which are you!!
I don’t see how that is relevant to a discussion about high school sports but no I wouldn’t agree with it.  But back to the original discussion at hand I actually don’t agree with a lot of the things that Raceland currently does in regards to the football program and this was the first time in possibly my entire life that I didn’t go to a single home football game and I only went to 1 game all season.  I am not in a gray area and I feel like a lot of things that Raceland has done to build the program was in line with the rules but flirts with ethical lines as well.
(12-01-2023, 05:27 PM)Yay RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: I’ll congratulate the Pikeville team on the win. They were better. The one thing I will say is I lost some respect for Pikeville today. The halfback pass at the end was absolutely classless. Total Paintsville move. Again congrats to the Pikeville kids. RAD OUT.
Someone explain to RAD that if you turn the ball over on downs in that situation your opponent can score on one play and then recover an onside kick and score again and force overtime or beat you outright in less than 1 minute off the clock. This is worse than when he just took his ball and went home without congratulating the Pikeville players and staff last year lol
So…I have a question for Pikeville fans. What do you see, all things considered, to be the biggest advantage Pikeville has during their run of titles, that other schools just don’t have? Seems like the Panthers always have that one kid (sometimes more) that is just different from anyone else in 1A. Another question I have is what do you see over the last 3-5 years, that has impressed you or hasn’t impressed you with the Raceland program. Take the fans out of the equation. Simply the product on the field and the sideline. I ask because you have been the thorn in our side since Kash and company graduated.
I will answer with my takes when I have more time later. But it’s much much more than one kid lol.
Pikeville defense shut Racelabd out for 48 minutes, that was a whole bunch of kids
Offensively…Pikeville had 119 yards rushing on 2 plays if I’m not mistaken. Anthony finished with 237…Pikeville had THAT ONE KID lol on that side of the ball. Pikeville punted the ball 5 times to Racelands 3. Raceland did a pretty good job against the run beyond the two big plays. I’m just curious as to what other offenses are doing to compete with the panthers. Is it just a match up that the Rams can deal with? I’m just interested to hear talks opinions.

I don’t think the problem is defense…imo
Giving up close to 250 yards to one guy when you know he is the guy you have to stop is a defensive problem. Pikeville holding Raceland to 76 rushing yards on 38 carries is great defense.
Just can’t buy the other than the 250+ yards and 3 TDs Anthony accounted for, Raceland defense played lights out take
Everybody in the stadium knew Anthony was getting the ball. With a wet football, wet field, and bad weather, why would Pikeville do anything else until you stop the run? I don’t care if the young man got his yardage on big plays or 3-4 yards at a time. He scored twice and threw for another. Raceland ran for 76 yards on 38 carries. Pikeville has athletes outside but they also block well downfield. Watch their line and receivers downfield compared to other teams in 1A. Big difference. Their offense was not the best in 1A but Pikeville had the best defense in 1A this year. The linebacker group is good for any class in Kentucky and definitely the best in 1A. If you want to beat them, you have to be able to run (mobile QB is helpful), stop the run, and throw it. You have to be able to get chunk plays so you need playmakers/speed. I don’t think Raceland had enough speed. Campbellsville had multiple kids with speed. Middlesboro had a couple guys with speed. Sayre had some guys with speed.  Raceland was a team of thumpers. Tough kids who played hard and were able to bully Sayre and KCD but that isn’t going to work against Pikeville. You probably aren’t going to out-physical them. They played Johnson Central and Belfry and if those teams don’t push them around with their style, I don’t see a 1A team pushing them around. You have to finesse them. I think a team like Sayre with their QB and offensive skill players, if they beef up their line and get some run stoppers on defense can cause them problems. The bad news for the competition is I think Pikeville will be better next year than this year and are set up nicely for the next 3 seasons.
[-] The following 2 users Like Belichick's post:
  • Fanatic42, Micro-Brew
Never said they played lights out. You don’t give up 230 on the ground and have played “lights out”. Stated that beyond the 2 big plays, they did a solid job against the run.
Pikeville's coaching staff is the difference.
[-] The following 3 users Like Buffs19's post:
  • i know, right?, Micro-Brew, Redneck
(12-05-2023, 03:39 PM)Belichick Wrote: Everybody in the stadium knew Anthony was getting the ball. With a wet football, wet field, and bad weather, why would Pikeville do anything else until you stop the run? I don’t care if the young man got his yardage on big plays or 3-4 yards at a time. He scored twice and threw for another. Raceland ran for 76 yards on 38 carries. Pikeville has athletes outside but they also block well downfield. Watch their line and receivers downfield compared to other teams in 1A. Big difference. Their offense was not the best in 1A but Pikeville had the best defense in 1A this year. The linebacker group is good for any class in Kentucky and definitely the best in 1A. If you want to beat them, you have to be able to run (mobile QB is helpful), stop the run, and throw it. You have to be able to get chunk plays so you need playmakers/speed. I don’t think Raceland had enough speed. Campbellsville had multiple kids with speed. Middlesboro had a couple guys with speed. Sayre had some guys with speed.  Raceland was a team of thumpers. Tough kids who played hard and were able to bully Sayre and KCD but that isn’t going to work against Pikeville. You probably aren’t going to out-physical them. They played Johnson Central and Belfry and if those teams don’t push them around with their style, I don’t see a 1A team pushing them around. You have to finesse them. I think a team like Sayre with their QB and offensive skill players, if they beef up their line and get some run stoppers on defense can cause them problems. The bad news for the competition is I think Pikeville will be better next year than this year and are set up nicely for the next 3 seasons.
Spot on
Me personally now this is an opinion so I am trying to be constructive not destructive Blaze. I think actually it’s the speed of the game especially this year with some of the linebackers Pikeville had we’re young and in the Campbellsville game and in certain plays Middlesboro game the reaction to the play was to slow to make the stop at the line of scrimmage or get off a block to stop the play but Raceland plays were a little slower developing and so the defense reaction time didn’t need to be as quick so they could clog up the hole and make the play. Now I thought the play calling from both sides was kind of vanilla or predictable but in Pikeville case they didn’t have to do much because of the long runs you mentioned. Raceland had some very good football players but speed or quickness is where they fall short in my opinion. I know you can’t teach speed but quickness is something a player can improve on if they work on it. Now Racelands coach which I don’t know him but I think he could have done better at using the talent he had in some of the situations in the game Friday now I not going to type all that but I figure RAMDAD will say it for me hahaha
I got a question for true Pikeville fans…not the homers that get on here just to ruffle feathers. This may be a hard question to answer.Do you think Raceland wins this game if Mac is coaching the Rams?
(12-06-2023, 11:09 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: I got a question for true Pikeville fans…not the homers that get on here just to ruffle feathers. This may be a hard question to answer.Do you think Raceland wins this game if Mac is coaching the Rams?
Not from Pikeville but I’d say no. Raceland wins the game if 35 from Pikeville is wearing orange and black that game. He done the same thing against Belfry
[-] The following 1 user Likes pirateforlife's post:
  • Humpty Dumpty
(12-05-2023, 02:13 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: So…I have a question for Pikeville fans. What do you see, all things considered, to be the biggest advantage Pikeville has during their run of titles, that other schools just don’t have? Seems like the Panthers always have that one kid (sometimes more) that is just different from anyone else in 1A. Another question I have is what do you see over the last 3-5 years, that has impressed you or hasn’t impressed you with the Raceland program. Take the fans out of the equation. Simply the product on the field and the sideline. I ask because you have been the thorn in our side since Kash and company graduated.
That's easy Chris McNamee and his staff.
So the consensus is Mac and company so it seems. So what are they doing that other programs aren’t? It’s one thing to put the best 11 on the field, it’s quite another to have such a multitude of weapons at your disposal for a 1A school. I know 90% of Pikeville blue bloods so I’m not calling anyone out for anything. I know I keep saying it I just wanna keep this on topic. I’m just curious as to what Pikeville does early on with their kids. I’m a die hard Ram, I’m just looking for ways to selfishly prepare my own boys to be better.
The main reason Pikeville has won so many titles is the departure of beechwood and mayfield from 1A
Mayfield yes. Beechwood I’m not sure.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ArmChairHC's post:
  • Deuce8
(12-06-2023, 08:50 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: Mayfield yes. Beechwood I’m not sure.
Since 1990 …. 1A state Champions 

Beechwood 13 time state champion 

Mayfield      6 time state champion 

what are you not sure of ????
[-] The following 1 user Likes Deuce8's post:
  • Glory_Days
(12-06-2023, 09:23 PM)Deuce8 Wrote:
(12-06-2023, 08:50 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: Mayfield yes. Beechwood I’m not sure.
Since 1990 …. 1A state Champions 

Beechwood 13 time state champion 

Mayfield      6 time state champion 

what are you not sure of ????
Enrollment is important. Mayfield and Beechwood have around 550 kids in high school whereas Pikeville has around 400.  Also important is the surrounding area where a kid may transfer in from another school.  Pikeville beat Beechwood in 2015 for a title. Lost a close one in 2018 and historically Beechwood has been a roadblock for Pikeville. Last year I think Pikeville beats them. This recently completed season I think Pikeville loses to both.  But I have no doubt those 3 teams would have some playoff wars in the same class.

(12-06-2023, 11:09 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: I got a question for true Pikeville fans…not the homers that get on here just to ruffle feathers. This may be a hard question to answer.Do you think Raceland wins this game if Mac is coaching the Rams?
Short answer no. Longer answer, I think Pikeville has the best staff in 1A. Raceland has some good coaching but they have also been consistently outmaneuvered in that matchup. The jimmies and joes matter too and they were outmanned the last 2 state finals. Closer this year but I said earlier this season Pikeville was 2-3 scores better than anyone in 1A despite the early loss to Raceland. That game should have been 20-7 or 27-7 but Pikeville beat themselves. Not fanning the flames. Truly believed it then and still do. They kind of proved it. I think their defense played one of their best games the last game but offensively, they were just ok. Gotta have a couple kids capable of chunk plays to beat Pikeville and the Rams didn’t have the speed to do that. I think they had some really good players but it takes speed to beat Pikeville.
(12-01-2023, 05:27 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: I’ll congratulate the Pikeville team on the win. They were better. The one thing I will say is I lost some respect for Pikeville today. The halfback pass at the end was absolutely classless. Total Paintsville move. Again congrats to the Pikeville kids. RAD OUT.

LOL sore LOSER