Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Pikeville 21 Raceland 0 1A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP
Final. The Panthers win their 3rd straight state title and the 8th in school history. Congratulations! Brenden Anthony was hands down the best player on the field!
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16BBall Fan's post:
  • Granny Bear
Final!

Congratulations Panthers!!!  3-PEAT

This game was a defensive battle!!  Raceland had 2 crucial turnovers.

Good luck to ALL the Seniors!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • 16BBall Fan
Raceland fans are going to say they choked. They simply lost to a better football team. Pikeville only surrendered 7 points to the Rams in the regular season without Anthony.

Truthfully, the 1A championship game may have been played a week ago in Campbellsville.
[-] The following 2 users Like Khalisimo's post:
  • Belichick, The 99
Congratulations Pikeville. Great Win and Thank You for helping me in the pickem contest.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rebel55's post:
  • Granny Bear
Congrats to Jet
Congratulations Pikeville and the bad thing no RAD for a year
Well well, Christmas comes early again !!
It’s been 7 year’s coming, but
“DING DONG YOUR SUPER CLASS IS GONE”
Enjoy your schedule next year boys. And enjoy your slide back down the hill
[-] The following 2 users Like Beagle1's post:
  • Reaper53, Runrunrun
The scary thing is Anthony will be back next season for Pikeville. Raceland loses 16 seniors.
If Beagle1 would like to PM me I’d like to speak with him.
Nah. Let’s get something to “eat “ somewhere
All the credit in the world for Pikeville’s players coming out and getting it done but there’s one thing about this game that stood out for me more than anything. And that was coaching. Pikevilles staff is one of the best in the state regardless of class. Racelands, not so much. Lol
The big difference were the two big runs by Anthony and the 2 key Ram turnovers in the redzone. Raceland actually had 2 more first downs than Pikeville and had the ball almost 10 minutes longer. Total yards for both teams: Raceland 177 Pikeville 281 with 119 of those on the two runs by Anthony.
They are serving crow in raceland tonight!!
Just heard a rumor that someone from Raceland just called Dan Howard about a job and about beating Pikeville when it matters .
[-] The following 1 user Likes bac2369's post:
  • Patriot1
Congrats Pikeville on your 3 peat. Anthony just a beast.
(12-01-2023, 04:29 PM)VoR_58 Wrote: All the credit in the world for Pikeville’s players coming out and getting it done but there’s one thing about this game that stood out for me more than anything. And that was coaching.  Pikevilles staff is one of the best in the state regardless of class. Racelands, not so much.  Lol

I noticed it too, the Rams head coach spent nearly the entire game talking up the refs. Wonder if he was complaining about the RPI?
[-] The following 4 users Like Glory_Days's post:
  • Deuce8, Patriot1, Redneck, VoR_58
(12-01-2023, 04:30 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: The big difference were the two big runs by Anthony and the 2 key Ram turnovers in the redzone. Raceland actually had 2 more first downs than Pikeville and had the ball almost 10 minutes longer. Total yards for both teams: Raceland 177 Pikeville 281 with 119 of those on the two runs by Anthony.
Yes this is true but the first game the turnovers was on Pikeville and Raceland won by I point so Raceland has score 7 points and I could say if Anthony played in that game they would not of scored any either and I don’t care who had the ball longer point on the scoreboard is all that counts and I was right when I posted no team would score 28
Might as well go ahead and give Pikeville the 2024 1A trophy and Brendan Anthony the game MVP. Nobody in 1A is slowing him down
Not a fan of the halfback pass with a minute to go but congrats PHS
I see why the first match up was 7-6. #35 is just that good. Raceland plays hard and deserved to be in the Championship but their offensive planning does not match the talent they have this year or have had for several years.
[-] The following 2 users Like 2000PHS's post:
  • Orange Blaze, Redneck
I thought the pick in the endzone was a huge key turning point. Would've been 7-7 and Raceland was building momentum. That kid made a great adjustment to comeback to the open WR and not only prevented the TD but secured the INT. Well played young man.
[-] The following 2 users Like Glory_Days's post:
  • BoondockSaint, Patriot1
Too bad they can only win the state title in 1A
At the beginning of the season I thought the first game was a fluke. As the playoffs when on I drank the Kool Aid and thought maybe this was the year we got it done but my initial gut was right and #35 was the real difference maker. Congrats to Pikeville on the win. The Raceland players have nothing to having their heads about. We just got beat by a really good team today and sometimes that is just all there is to it.
[-] The following 4 users Like Orange Blaze's post:
  • Fanatic42, Granny Bear, Patriot1, Westside
(12-01-2023, 04:40 PM)14thRegionLifer Wrote: Not a fan of the halfback pass with a minute to go but congrats PHS

LOL!! This is your take on the game?? 3 & 17 guess they should kneel it with 1:47 and risk a punt block? You've obviously not watched enough high school football to see some of the crazy things that can happen. It was only 14-0. 

Another victim of growing up watching mercy rules. Here's a tip for you, stop watching sports all together.
[-] The following 7 users Like Glory_Days's post:
  • BoondockSaint, BTP, jetpilot, Panther Thunder, Ramcat77, The 99, VoR_58
Hey Raceland
Can you say 35
[-] The following 1 user Likes Warriorhawk17's post:
  • Fanatic42
That’s about what I expected. I almost bought into the hype. It was all around me, everybody said this was the year and it would be the year if anyone other than Mike Salmons was coaching this team. He makes some of the most boneheaded calls I’ve ever seen.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ramcat77's post:
  • Runrunrun
(12-01-2023, 04:45 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote: At the beginning of the season I thought the first game was a fluke.  As the playoffs when on I drank the Kool Aid and thought maybe this was the year we got it done but my initial gut was right and #35 was the real difference maker.  Congrats to Pikeville on the win.  The Raceland players have nothing to having their heads about.  We just got beat by a really good team today and sometimes that is just all there is to it.
I must say Orange Blaze as always with you it’s a classy post
[-] The following 2 users Like Patriot1's post:
  • Glory_Days, Orange Blaze
(12-01-2023, 04:24 PM)Beagle1 Wrote: Well well,  Christmas comes early again !!
It’s been 7 year’s coming, but
“DING DONG YOUR SUPER CLASS IS GONE”
Enjoy your schedule next year boys.  And enjoy your slide back down the hill
Pikeville fans believe they could take on Mater Dei and win lol
(12-01-2023, 04:34 PM)Glory_Days Wrote:
(12-01-2023, 04:29 PM)VoR_58 Wrote: All the credit in the world for Pikeville’s players coming out and getting it done but there’s one thing about this game that stood out for me more than anything. And that was coaching.  Pikevilles staff is one of the best in the state regardless of class. Racelands, not so much.  Lol

I noticed it too, the Rams head coach spent nearly the entire game talking up the refs. Wonder if he was complaining about the RPI?
Even the commentators on the live feed mentioned that.

(12-01-2023, 04:40 PM)14thRegionLifer Wrote: Not a fan of the halfback pass with a minute to go but congrats PHS
Oh, I LOVED it!!!

(12-01-2023, 04:43 PM)Glory_Days Wrote: I thought the pick in the endzone was a huge key turning point. Would've been 7-7 and Raceland was building momentum. That kid made a great adjustment to comeback to the open WR and not only prevented the TD but secured the INT. Well played young man.
That play was absolutely a turning point!  And his timing was perfect!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • Glory_Days
(12-01-2023, 04:40 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: Might as well go ahead and give Pikeville the 2024 1A trophy and Brendan Anthony the game MVP. Nobody in 1A is slowing him down
Because 1A is trash lol. Eastern KY football is weak