Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Pikeville 21 Raceland 0 1A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP
So proud of my Panthers. An Amazing Season. Brendan Anthony is a Beast and should very well play D1 Football some where after next season. A Great Team effort today. Really good on the  Defensive End and Special teams. Offense wasn't too shabby either. Our Freshman didn't play like Freshman and that is gonna make a huge difference next Season. I see a 4 Peat coming next Season. I cantwait to see where some of the SRs sign to play College Football at for next Season. I suspect that Upike may end up signing at least 3 Panthers. Centre has also been a place former Panthers call home. Congrats to Raceland on a good Season.

Here's some Highlights of Pikeville from The State Championship Game. Courtesy of Mountain Top Media. [Video: http://? Watch this video on Facebook ht...tid=NnVzG8]
[-] The following 2 users Like Fanatic42's post:
  • Big Five-0-, The 99
(12-01-2023, 05:27 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: I’ll congratulate the Pikeville team on the win. They were better. The one thing I will say is I lost some respect for Pikeville today. The halfback pass at the end was absolutely classless. Total Paintsville move. Again congrats to the Pikeville kids. RAD OUT.

Sour grapes. Congrats....BUT...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fanman's post:
  • Belichick
The HB pass play to seal the game was genius. Everyone in that stadium thought Anthony was just gonna run the ball. The game was NOT over at that point whether you think it was or not. You don’t know football if you thought it was.
[-] The following 2 users Like VoR_58's post:
  • Big Five-0-, Glory_Days
So people are really upset about Pikeville throwing a half back pass on 3rd and 17 with minutes left in a game they are only up 14-0? We ran Anthony ALL day and it was a PERFECT set up. That game was far from being decided . I know that staff and their character is above reproach . Raceland threw all over KCD even up big . Panther defense played awesome . Probably their best performance of the year. Heck of a job!
[-] The following 2 users Like Hambley's post:
  • Big Five-0-, jetpilot
Today was an example of what I hinted at earlier in the week, Raceland just couldn’t go on those big drives and not have some type miscue . A few people mentioned that they just didn’t have that dude who could hit the big play against Pikeville, and those big play matter. It’s really hard for kids and those calling the plays to not have a slip up when you are trying to find the right combination of plays to get you down the field 3,4 or 5 yards at a time. Pikeville hit big plays, Raceland could not. Same as last year. Congrats to the Panthers on the 3 Peat. They are definitely still going to be a problem for 1A for the foreseeable future. Also congrats to the Rams, those kids and that program have been right on the door step of multiple championships it’s just unfortunate that at that same exact time Pikeville happens to be in the best 8-10 year run in the history of the school.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Micro-Brew's post:
  • Panther Thunder
Congratulations Pikeville!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bud_Bundy's post:
  • jetpilot
Pikeville may go on some crazy run of like 8 or 9 straight titles. 1A is bad and the only 2 teams who had a shot this season graduate a lot of their players and Pikeville returns a lot and just won the middle school state title. I know Pikeville fans probably disagree but I think it’s time Pikeville does what Mayfield and Beechwood done and move to 2A for competition purposes. They’ve proved about all they need to in 1A. Time for a new challenge.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pirateforlife's post:
  • Deuce8
The complaints about the halfback pass is absurd. Sour grapes. Raceland has made the finals 3 times in the last 7 years and been outscored 103-9 in those 3 games. Instead of complaining about another team putting away the game, find a way to stay in it maybe.

(12-02-2023, 12:18 AM)pirateforlife Wrote: Pikeville may go on some crazy run of like 8 or 9 straight titles. 1A is bad and the only 2 teams who had a shot this season graduate a lot of their players and Pikeville returns a lot and just won the middle school state title. I know Pikeville fans probably disagree but I think it’s time Pikeville does what Mayfield and Beechwood done and move to 2A for competition purposes. They’ve proved about all they need to in 1A. Time for a new challenge.
If they have the student population, I agree but I don’t think they do. Didn’t they just have realignment in Kentucky? Should Boyle move to 5A or 6A? They’ve won 4 in a row and 5 of 7. Just put a running clock on their finals opponent. Sometimes good programs go on a run. Doesn’t mean they need to move up. Pikeville already punches up and plays a tough schedule anyway.
[-] The following 3 users Like Belichick's post:
  • Big Five-0-, Hambley, KColley
(12-01-2023, 05:27 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: I’ll congratulate the Pikeville team on the win. They were better. The one thing I will say is I lost some respect for Pikeville today. The halfback pass at the end was absolutely classless. Total Paintsville move. Again congrats to the Pikeville kids. RAD OUT.
Whoa, easy there Ham. Paintsville has nothing to with this game. Funny that they’re still living rent free in your head though lol.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
[-] The following 1 user Likes Redneck's post:
  • 2000PHS
Congratulations to both teams on a great season. Congratulations to Pikeville on Your state title.
(12-02-2023, 12:18 AM)pirateforlife Wrote: Pikeville may go on some crazy run of like 8 or 9 straight titles. 1A is bad and the only 2 teams who had a shot this season graduate a lot of their players and Pikeville returns a lot and just won the middle school state title. I know Pikeville fans probably disagree but I think it’s time Pikeville does what Mayfield and Beechwood done and move to 2A for competition purposes. They’ve proved about all they need to in 1A. Time for a new challenge.
If that's the case then why didn't Belfry move up to 4-A when they went on their long run of state titles? They proved all they needed to prove back in those days, right? It's so easy to accuse, criticize and abuse. Accept their accomplishments and let it go.
(12-01-2023, 04:31 PM)bac2369 Wrote: Just heard a rumor that someone from Raceland just called Dan Howard about a job and about beating Pikeville when it matters .
I hope with everything in me that you’re joking.
(12-02-2023, 01:24 AM)SpaceMountain19 Wrote:
(12-01-2023, 04:31 PM)bac2369 Wrote: Just heard a rumor that someone from Raceland just called Dan Howard about a job and about beating Pikeville when it matters .
I hope with everything in me that you’re joking.
He was he was talking about the coach of Hazard when they beat Pikeville in 2020 the year Paintsville won their championship and bac2369 is a really great guy
(12-01-2023, 05:14 PM)Westside Wrote: Guys, my advice is don't feed the troll.  Reaper53 has 3 posts, and he has don't nothing but troll.  He is about to be banned and have all his posts deleted.

Free speech frowned upon around here?

All pjdoug does is troll and he isn’t banned. Lose the mall cop mentality, it’s unbecoming. 

Congrats to the Panthers on another chip!!  Congrats to Raceland as well, a good friend of mine who recently passed, Scott “Ox” Woods, was a Ram great and really vested in the Rams program.  My friendship with him always made me follow and route for your team when applicable.  You guys have a great team and unfortunate luck.  

Best wishes in the future and prayers for the Woods family.??

(12-02-2023, 01:57 AM)BoondockSaint Wrote:
(12-01-2023, 05:14 PM)Westside Wrote: Guys, my advice is don't feed the troll.  Reaper53 has 3 posts, and he has don't nothing but troll.  He is about to be banned and have all his posts deleted.

All pjdoug does is troll and he isn’t banned. Lose the mall cop mentality, it’s unbecoming. 

Congrats to the Panthers on another chip!!  Congrats to Raceland as well, a good friend of mine who recently passed, Scott “Ox” Woods, was a Ram great and really vested in the Rams program.  My friendship with him always made me follow and route for your team when applicable.  You guys have a great team and unfortunate luck.  

Best wishes in the future and prayers for the Woods family!!

[-] The following 1 user Likes BoondockSaint's post:
  • KColley
Congratulations Panthers!!
(12-01-2023, 04:54 PM)Reaper53 Wrote:
(12-01-2023, 04:24 PM)Beagle1 Wrote: Well well,  Christmas comes early again !!
It’s been 7 year’s coming, but
“DING DONG YOUR SUPER CLASS IS GONE”
Enjoy your schedule next year boys.  And enjoy your slide back down the hill
Pikeville fans believe they could take on Mater Dei and win lol
Let alone Cal would smoke them
I was ready to flip a gasket yesterday, I won’t lie. But I slept fine last night. I’ve been a Ram my whole life. And I’m not going anywhere. Pikeville was simply better, damn it, again. They had “that guy” and we didn’t. Again, hats off to them and what they have and will likely continue to do. On to more pressing things…

There are teams in our own back yard that don’t have enough kids to play a full schedule. There are teams playing in cow pastures with some bleachers and lights thrown in there. There are teams that have zero consistency within their staff and have coaches that have very little personal ties to the team and community. Does it suck to not be able to get the elusive title? 100%. But like I’ve said before, and though yesterday I was about to jump off all together, I’m proud of what the team accomplished, my kids are happy and love the game and I slept fine last night, happy and comfortable in the fact that they to will always wear the orange and black on Fridays and be apart of a team and community that cares so much about a program that so many scoff at.

I know we have a fan base that is borderline insane. A fan base that is obnoxious at times. But isn’t that the point? We all gripe, complain, troll and carry on like crazy on this site. Isn’t that the point? So to the Bob_Seger, 64sur, Scrappy, RAD, JP, and even old Beagle1, carry on. Keep pestering, keep poking, keep driving everyone crazy. Life’s too short. Congrats again to Pikeville and to my Rams, On On Raceland High!!!
[-] The following 6 users Like ArmChairHC's post:
  • Bull got out!, KColley, Micro-Brew, Panther Thunder, Patriot1, Westside
I didn’t get a chance to say Congratulations to Pikeville!!! But after reading this last post, I’ll say Congratulations to Raceland for making this another great year and making 1A football fun to watch. I thought Raceland did a heck of a job this season!
I was relegated to listening to the audio broadcast while on my return trip home. Cell reception was spotty at times but I got the message loud and clear, Pikeville is the best team and the best program in 1A. For us Ram fans this is just the reality. Whether Beechwood, Mayfield, Pikeville, etc. there has always been that one team that's just better. In the past when one of "those" teams moved to 2A we got our hopes up, held back a few more kids, and crossed our fingers. It's not working....and I'm okay with it. Let's stop the foolishness and be happy with who. I wouldn't trade our community for any but the sad truth is in just a few weeks the chatter will start again....Pikeville is awful close to 2A....our second year 7th grade team is gonna be good....boys we got a shot. Sorry, I woke up on the wrong side of the bed and went from congratulating to venting.
Called this 1, had Pikeville by 3 scores.
(12-02-2023, 04:34 AM)Senters_93 Wrote:
(12-01-2023, 04:54 PM)Reaper53 Wrote:
(12-01-2023, 04:24 PM)Beagle1 Wrote: Well well,  Christmas comes early again !!
It’s been 7 year’s coming, but
“DING DONG YOUR SUPER CLASS IS GONE”
Enjoy your schedule next year boys.  And enjoy your slide back down the hill
Pikeville fans believe they could take on Mater Dei and win lol
Let alone Cal would smoke them
The problem with your post is Bell only trails 14-8 at half to CAL. Pikeville played right along with Corbin at Corbin last year (if their receiver catches ball near end of that game, Pikeville wins) and Covington Catholic at home. That was before deciding who their QB was. Not saying Pikeville beats CAL or some of the best teams in our state but there’s only a handful of teams who could “smoke” the Panthers regardless of class. Defense is elite last few seasons. They have really good athletes for a 1A school. Staff is one of the best you’ll find in high school.
(12-02-2023, 12:46 PM)i82much Wrote: I was relegated to listening to the audio broadcast while on my return trip home. Cell reception was spotty at times but I got the message loud and clear, Pikeville is the best team and the best program in 1A. For us Ram fans this is just the reality. Whether Beechwood, Mayfield, Pikeville, etc. there has always been that one team that's just better. In the past when one of "those" teams moved to 2A we got our hopes up, held back a few more kids, and crossed our fingers.  It's not working....and I'm okay with it.  Let's stop the foolishness and be happy with who. I wouldn't trade our community for any but the sad truth is in just a few weeks the chatter will start again....Pikeville is awful close to 2A....our second year 7th grade team is gonna be good....boys we got a shot.  Sorry, I woke up on the wrong side of the bed and went from congratulating to venting.
I completely agree.  After really thinking this it is just a deeper program issue. Think about how many times we have been on the cusp of winning a championship and I’m not talking about just now but go back to the 70’s.  There has always been a Ludlow, Bellevue, Beechwood, NCC, LCA or Pikeville in the way.  Right now we are just running into “that” team later than those older teams did. Somewhere deep in the DNA of the football program is a problem that needs fixed or the title will never come.
Rams should start by giving the ball to their best player more. Wallace was that guy the last 2 years and for whatever reason they don’t give him enough touches in the title game. Wouldn’t have mattered last year. This year was a better chance to win. Lundy just isn’t the guy you run against Pikeville. He’s a fine player but not real fast or shifty. QB runs up the middle isn’t cutting it against Pikeville or any team with a decent physical defense. They had better success with Wallace and throwing it around some.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Belichick's post:
  • Willie Nelson
Congrats to pikeville their great run, awesome program yall have. Congrats to the rams for another great year, just need to find the missing pieces to get over that hump, keep plugging
[-] The following 1 user Likes rookie57's post:
  • Panther Thunder
(12-02-2023, 06:45 AM)ArmChairHC Wrote: I was ready to flip a gasket yesterday, I won’t lie. But I slept fine last night. I’ve been a Ram my whole life. And I’m not going anywhere. Pikeville was simply better, damn it, again. They had “that guy” and we didn’t. Again, hats off to them and what they have and will likely continue to do. On to more pressing things…

There are teams in our own back yard that don’t have enough kids to play a full schedule. There are teams playing in cow pastures with some bleachers and lights thrown in there. There are teams that have zero consistency within their staff and have coaches that have very little personal ties to the team and community. Does it suck to not be able to get the elusive title? 100%. But like I’ve said before, and though yesterday I was about to jump off all together, I’m proud of what the team accomplished, my kids are happy and love the game and I slept fine last night, happy and comfortable in the fact that they to will always wear the orange and black on Fridays and be apart of a team and community that cares so much about a program that so many scoff at.

I know we have a fan base that is borderline insane. A fan base that is obnoxious at times. But isn’t that the point? We all gripe, complain, troll and carry on like crazy on this site. Isn’t that the point? So to the Bob_Seger, 64sur, Scrappy, RAD, JP, and even old Beagle1, carry on. Keep pestering, keep poking, keep driving everyone crazy. Life’s too short. Congrats again to Pikeville and to my Rams, On On Raceland High!!!
Scotty you have always been one of my favorite posters on here. Always knowledgeable sensible posts. We all at times take the losses a little too hard sometimes but guess what life goes on. I really believe the Rams time is coming, now I’m not sure when but just like what you guys mentioned…..great kids, great community support and an awesome program …..it will happen. I hope you guys all have a wonderful holiday season and I look forward to the football banter again in 2024.
(12-02-2023, 03:53 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote:
(12-02-2023, 12:46 PM)i82much Wrote: I was relegated to listening to the audio broadcast while on my return trip home. Cell reception was spotty at times but I got the message loud and clear, Pikeville is the best team and the best program in 1A. For us Ram fans this is just the reality. Whether Beechwood, Mayfield, Pikeville, etc. there has always been that one team that's just better. In the past when one of "those" teams moved to 2A we got our hopes up, held back a few more kids, and crossed our fingers.  It's not working....and I'm okay with it.  Let's stop the foolishness and be happy with who. I wouldn't trade our community for any but the sad truth is in just a few weeks the chatter will start again....Pikeville is awful close to 2A....our second year 7th grade team is gonna be good....boys we got a shot.  Sorry, I woke up on the wrong side of the bed and went from congratulating to venting.
I completely agree.  After really thinking this it is just a deeper program issue. Think about how many times we have been on the cusp of winning a championship and I’m not talking about just now but go back to the 70’s.  There has always been a Ludlow, Bellevue, Beechwood, NCC, LCA or Pikeville in the way.  Right now we are just running into “that” team later than those older teams did. Somewhere deep in the DNA of the football program is a problem that needs fixed or the title will never come.

Blaze, like you, I love this team. I hesitate in talking about the program because I don't want to sound like I'm not proud of our kids. But you are right, as a program we have issues.  The things we are choosing to do is not winning titles.  Let's do it the right way and be happy with wherever we land.  Even if that means giving up a few regional titles and maybe even starting a soccer program.  Oops, I forgot, that would "destroy our football program". But hey, were in it for the kids, as long as they don't want to play soccer.  've never watched an entire soccer game in my life but our girls and boys not having the opportunity is ridiculous. As many have told me in person, they can just go to Russell or Ashland. I didn't mean to stray off topic, I'm just in a venting mood I guess.
[-] The following 1 user Likes i82much's post:
  • Ramcat77
(12-02-2023, 04:09 PM)Belichick Wrote: Rams should start by giving the ball to their best player more. Wallace was that guy the last 2 years and for whatever reason they don’t give him enough touches in the title game. Wouldn’t have mattered last year. This year was a better chance to win. Lundy just isn’t the guy you run against Pikeville. He’s a fine player but not real fast or shifty. QB runs up the middle isn’t cutting it against Pikeville or any team with a decent physical defense. They had better success with Wallace and throwing it around some.
Especially when they were waiting on the runs up the middle they weren’t going to let that happen they saw Sayer game.    The injury to a team leader Jaxson Heighton was a major loss for the Rams he had been getting stronger each game his last offensive carry was for 70 yrs.  He had several tackles Friday but he was sorely missed carrying the ball.  I know he would have made a giant difference on offense.   He was a major cog in that offense.

Yeah, my dream job was to be a mall cop, but I was never good enough to be one.  So, I have to live out my dreams as a wannabe on this site.  Thank you for your kind words.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Westside's post:
  • Bull got out!
(12-01-2023, 09:18 PM)VoR_58 Wrote: The HB pass play to seal the game was genius.  Everyone in that stadium thought Anthony was just gonna run the ball.  The game was NOT over at that point whether you think it was or not.  You don’t know football if you thought it was.
Exactly! Was Raceland not calling timeouts and flopping like crazy to keep the game going? Should they just hand the ball to them and let them have another chance in a two possession game?? The last thing you could say about Pikeville is being classless. When the game is decided they concede. Pikeville kids don't have great stats due to that but they understand the overall goal. They aren't on the weekly player of the week awards. They are a PROGRAM that wins CHAMPIONSHIPS!
[-] The following 1 user Likes kywvfan's post:
  • Belichick
(12-01-2023, 04:40 PM)Upirateforlife Wrote: Might as well go ahead and give Pikeville the 2024 1A trophy and Brendan Anthony the game MVP. Nobody in 1A is slowing him down

I can't wait to see Anthony and Anderson on defense again.  The Anderson kid is a special player too.