Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pikeville
77.50%
Raceland
22.50%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville vs Raceland (1A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP)
(11-25-2023, 02:41 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Dang it guys RPI is irrelevant. It can decide where a game will be played but is useless in predicting outcomes.

They can't get over it!! They're more worried about it than they are the game, have been all year. I've never seen so much crying. We get the best two teams in the finals and they're still bitching.
I usually root for the underdog, but I'm all in on Pikeville because of it. Go Panthers!!
Honestly, RPI has worked out (somehow) in most classes every year. Best two teams in 1A, are at kroger this week. Best two teams at 2A, at kroger. Best two teams in 3A, well Cal is there and Bell is 2 or 3, but Lex Cath went to the semis. 4A Corbin should be at least to the semis but, that’s alignment not RPI. Too loaded east bracket. Other than that, perfect. 5A, honestly no idea cooper has shocked the world but BG is the best team IMO.

6A, seems to never work cause of too many out of state opponents for the perennial powers of Louisville and FD. The top 5 teams in that class are in a different stratosphere so it’s about impossible.

The best teams are there, pretty much. So why not.
(11-28-2023, 03:58 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: Honestly, RPI has worked out (somehow) in most classes every year. Best two teams in 1A, are at kroger this week. Best two teams at 2A, at kroger. Best two teams in 3A, well Cal is there and Bell is 2 or 3, but Lex Cath went to the semis. 4A Corbin should be at least to the semis but, that’s alignment not RPI. Too loaded east bracket. Other than that, perfect. 5A, honestly no idea cooper has shocked the world but BG is the best team IMO.

6A, seems to never work cause of too many out of state opponents for the perennial powers of Louisville and FD. The top 5 teams in that class are in a different stratosphere so it’s about impossible.

The best teams are there, pretty much. So why not.
If you’re going to do rpi round 3 take away East and West. 8 vs 1, 7 vs 2, 6 vs 3, 5 vs 4.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pirateforlife's post:
  • Belichick
Glory glory hallelujah…RPI is marching on. I think you all worry more about us worrying about it than we worry about worrying about it. I’ve never seen people get so tore up about people being tore up! Hahahahaha guys it got us what we wanted. Was it dumb that Raceland and Pikeville played on the road in the semis? Yup. But oh well…
[-] The following 1 user Likes ArmChairHC's post:
  • Waitaminute
(11-28-2023, 07:57 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: Glory glory hallelujah…RPI is marching on. I think you all worry more about us worrying about it than we worry about worrying about it. I’ve never seen people get so tore up about people being tore up! Hahahahaha guys it got us what we wanted. Was it dumb that Raceland and Pikeville played on the road in the semis? Yup. But oh well…
I don’t care what they say the RPI is easy to manipulate if your team is an area where they are these 6 A and 5A teams that’s not very good but in saying that the 2 best teams in most classes are in the championship game except for 4A and in my opinion 2A but it does work out in most cases and it’s true the 2 best teams in 1A had to go on the road and win but all is good and can’t wait until Friday
would be surprised if Raceland stays within 3 scores
Obviously Pikeville is the measuring stick when it comes to 1A football. I have nothing but respect for Raceland and the program they have built. I'm not sure this is the year Raceland will break through but their program is special in many ways. Best of luck as the Rams take on the monsters in 1A football and regardless of whether they win or lose, much respect to the coaches, players and community.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The_Messenger's post:
  • Bull got out!
Where can I find the live stream?? Khsaa I assume??
(11-29-2023, 08:08 PM)Boomer_Sooner Wrote: Where can I find the live stream?? Khsaa I assume??
Yes they are the only one that do the championship games
[-] The following 1 user Likes Patriot1's post:
  • Boomer_Sooner
I just don’t see Raceland having an answer for Brenden Anthony in this one. With that being said, the panthers bring the first 3-Peat state championship since 1989 to Pikeville 

Panthers 34 Rams 14
Pikeville 35-21
(11-29-2023, 08:08 PM)Boomer_Sooner Wrote: Where can I find the live stream?? Khsaa I assume??

NFHS or PrepSpin, but they are both pay sites.

NFHS is cheaper but often has issues freezing up. They get loads of complaints every year. In general, I've found it worth the money as I keep the yearly subscription. I usually just watch them on demand which eliminates the freezing issues and can reduce viewing time by at least half. Before going yearly, I would purchase only monthly for December. You can cancel the subscription immediately, so you don't forget at the end of the month which is a nice option.

PrepSpin is known for their quality video but aren't completely immune to issues, although rare. They are significantly higher in price IMO at $14.95 per game or $69.99 for the package (almost the cost of yearly for NFHS). Still cheaper than driving, tickets, eating, and lodging.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Glory_Days's post:
  • Boomer_Sooner
Pikeville 22 Raceland 14

Stars matter and Pikeville has theirs back for this one. Pikeville had to actually play meaningful football past halftime in their last two games and that will help them in this one.
Some feel Anthony makes Pikeville 3 or 4 TDs better by the looks of the predictions. He possibly could, I won't dispute it. Looking at how the Panthers have played this year on offense gives me pause for a blowout against a physical team like Raceland. However, Pikeville's offense appears to have the edge over the Raceland defense especially with Anthony. The defense matches up well with the Rams offense so Lundy may need to connect with Fannin or Parker for a big play or two. Last game Heighton hit Parker for an 82-yard gain.

The Rams offense really didn't fare well against the better teams on their schedule. They played four really good teams in those games but Ashland and LCA proved to have below average defenses. That leaves Highlands and Pikeville in which they scored a combined 7 points and totaled approximately 340 yards of offense (220 yds against Pikeville). Note to Rams fans: the Highlands game is totally understandable as they are a top 5A team.

Without a turnover discrepancy or major special teams play I think this game plays out fairly vanilla and mostly in Pikeville's favor. The early weather on Friday could hinder any aerial attack contributing to mostly ground game. Ball security will be something to monitor and a possible key to the first half. The next biggest factor will be if Raceland can get over the hump mentally especially if they find themselves down early.

Despite the 7-6 Ram season victory (all credit to them) the statistics from that game look more like a 21-14 Pikeville win, if one didn't know the score. Throw in Anthony and Pikeville increases on that, by how much will be determined Friday. Final score could go anywhere between Pikeville 35-7 to Raceland 14-13.

Prediction:
  • I'll start the bolded above and take that statistical game of Pikeville 21-14.
  • Add the low end of +7 to +14 for Anthony's return.
  • Then, subtract 7 from Raceland for lack of big play.
Final score
Pikeville 28-7
[-] The following 1 user Likes Glory_Days's post:
  • Orange Blaze
Good breakdown Glory_Days. Like the thought that went into it. That being said…

I think this Raceland team is better than last years despite what we lost upfront. I think this team has an “it” factor that the previous teams that made it to this point had. I feel like simply making it to the title game was about as good as those two squads could have done. This team reminds me a lot of 06 and 08, but they seem to have an edge that those two teams didn’t have. I’m not sure what it is, but this bunch of Rams seems different and so does Pikeville. I don’t feel like the Panthers are the same dominating force that they have been in the last two years. That being said, they are more than capable of winning this game.

I think the magic number is 28 to win this game. I picked with my heart and not my head the last two title games…I was wrong. Going with my head in this one…

Rams 27
Panthers 21

Been another great year guys. I have nothing but respect for you Pikeville turds. You are the only other diehards in here than I can have a conversation with. Safe travels tomorrow!
  • Humpty Dumpty
28-21…stupid fat fingers
Good luck to both teams tomorrow and if Pikeville wins see you next year RAD but I do hope for an injury free game for both
Windy and wet with narrow college uprights will be tough for combined 7 for 7 team PATs

In all honesty I'd be rooting for Raceland if it was for all the RPcrying all year. Both fan bases plus us neutral fans got the matchup we wanted in the finals. I do hope both teams play their best and we watch a great game. Safe travels to all!!
This should be a great game. I think Brenden Anthony is the difference maker and as long as Pikeville doesn't put the ball on the ground they'll win.

Panthers win, 20-14.
(11-30-2023, 12:42 PM)Glory_Days Wrote:

NFHS or PrepSpin, but they are both pay sites.

NFHS is cheaper but often has issues freezing up. They get loads of complaints every year. In general, I've found it worth the money as I keep the yearly subscription. I usually just watch them on demand which eliminates the freezing issues and can reduce viewing time by at least half. Before going yearly, I would purchase only monthly for December. You can cancel the subscription immediately, so you don't forget at the end of the month which is a nice option.

PrepSpin is known for their quality video but aren't completely immune to issues, although rare. They are significantly higher in price IMO at $14.95 per game or $69.99 for the package (almost the cost of yearly for NFHS). Still cheaper than driving, tickets, eating, and lodging.
Much appreciated my friend!! Hope you enjoy the games!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Boomer_Sooner's post:
  • Glory_Days
Pikeville vs Raceland 

Audio WDHR Pikeville audio link

https://radio.securenetsystems.net/cwa/i...lSign=WDHR
[-] The following 1 user Likes Westside's post:
  • pjdoug
Lets Go Panthers!!!
The Pikeville awesome social media machine delivers again. I think it is if not the best one of the best in the state. If this didn’t fire you up I don’t know what would.

https://x.com/pikevillehsfb/status/1730407213108224030?s=46&t=EQXyzrh7ysHhW9rcgPS5yQ
Congrats Brendan Anthony…without him Pikeville is just another team. Raceland couldn’t do shit inside the 30. Until we find an offense that gets us where we can move the ball and score we will never win a title. Still proud of the boys. Thanks to this group of seniors for laying it on the line all this time.

I’m goina need awhile boys. I will be back…but I have nothing left to say.
  • Patriot1
(11-28-2023, 07:57 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: Glory glory hallelujah…RPI is marching on. I think you all worry more about us worrying about it than we worry about worrying about it. I’ve never seen people get so tore up about people being tore up! Hahahahaha guys it got us what we wanted. Was it dumb that Raceland and Pikeville played on the road in the semis? Yup. But oh well…

I'm not tore up, unless you're talking about tore up from laughter. You've been crying all season. Most of your fanbase can't even stop and enjoy the team or the sport becasue of it. So keep crying and I'll keep calling you out.
I love keyboard warriors…they are my favorite