Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville vs Raceland (1A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
They meet again. 
Should be another good one.

Who you got?

This one’s at Noon on 12/1
Hard to believe these two underdogs have made it this far. Two RPI dark horses…flew under the RPI radar all year…
(11-25-2023, 02:19 AM)ArmChairHC Wrote: [ -> ]Hard to believe these two underdogs have made it this far. Two RPI dark horses…flew under the RPI radar all year…
Especially Raceland coming all the way from 6th in RPI.  In all seriousness though 2A was the only class that got it right in RPI and had the top 2 teams going to Kroger.  In 1A, 5A, and 6A the top 2 RPI teams aren’t even in the finals.
Dang it guys RPI is irrelevant. It can decide where a game will be played but is useless in predicting outcomes.
I’m glad it ended up the way it should have even though Campbellsville almost played spoiler. Best 2 teams in A. Has the potential to be a great game.
(11-25-2023, 02:44 AM)Belichick Wrote: [ -> ]I’m glad it ended up the way it should have even though Campbellsville almost played spoiler. Best 2 teams in A. Has the potential to be a great game.
This was the game that everyone knew was going to be the title game all year.  The other 4 playoff games were just a formality to get here lol
This is the matchup I wanted. I think Pikeville will win but if they don’t Raceland is the most deserving program in the state to get their first title. I am greedy and want Pikeville to win a championship every year lol but you get my message lol
And no Raceland can’t handle Anthony
I am going to get scoffed at for this but Pikeville actually matches up better with Raceland than Middlesboro or Campbellsville
(11-25-2023, 02:53 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]This is the matchup I wanted. I think Pikeville will win but if they don’t Raceland is the most deserving program in the state to get their first title. I am greedy and want Pikeville to win a championship every year lol but you get my message lol
I think this is going to be Raceland’s best chance at winning out of the years we’ve made it so far.  Last I felt like we were going to be outmatched and it would be a huge upset to pull it off.  This year I don’t feel that way and I think we are a championship level team.  Pikeville will be a tough out but not to unstoppable monster they were in the past 2 years.  If we win our first title, Pikeville is the team I would want to beat for it as this has became a fun rivalry over the past decade.
I agree OB but Pikeville is a monster with Anthony
Will post my prediction with analysts by position Monday
Dang it I will put it out there now and not look at replies until Monday.
Raceland QB Lundy very good but not better than Duty.
Raceland RBs very good but not as good as Anthony and company.
Raceland receivers and Pikeville receivers a push.
Raceland LBs very good but not better than Pikeville LBs
Raceland DBs suspect and Pikeville DBs much better.
Special teams a push.

So that leaves OL and DL where games almost always are decided. Can Raceland control LOS? They will have to, to win.
But, intangibles. Pikeville almost always wins the big games. And revenge factor over early September game without their offensive and defensive beast favors Pikeville.

Pikeville 21 Raceland 14
(11-25-2023, 02:57 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]I am going to get scoffed at for this but Pikeville actually matches up better with Raceland than Middlesboro or Campbellsville
Like the compliment but no you don’t. Raceland will be your toughest playoff game and you could say the same to their fan base as well. Clearly the two most talented teams made it in 1A this year and the rpi didn’t affect it.
^^^I know Raceland better than Raceland knows Raceland lol
and certainly better than Middlesboro fans know them
They aren’t stopping Anthony who didn’t play in the first game and their ground and pound won’t put more than a couple scores up vs Pikeville if that which won’t be enough
And I didn’t say Mboro and Cville were better than Raceland, just a better matchup vs Raceland in personnel and style of play
(11-25-2023, 04:19 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]And I didn’t say Mboro and Cville were better than Raceland, just a better matchup vs Raceland in personnel and style of play
I got what you meant. I just disagree. Only time will tell who’s right.
Anthony TD
Anthony TD
Anthony TD

Did not play in the first Raceland/ Pikeville game which Raceland win 7-6
Anthony will be a big big big difference in game 2. Raceland doesn't have an answer.

Pikeville- 34
Raceland- 14
This one is bound to be a slobber knocker. It’s the game both fan bases wanted. Hell it’s the game that 90% of the state wanted. Round 2 is higher scoring but not by a huge amount. Still weighing my thoughts on the outcome…
(11-25-2023, 02:19 AM)ArmChairHC Wrote: [ -> ]Hard to believe these two underdogs have made it this far. Two RPI dark horses…flew under the RPI radar all year…
Pikeville did because they couldn't find a matchup that would help them all year
Pikeville by a lot
I expect Pikeville will win but I'm also in the camp that would really like to see the Rams get their first state title if Pikeville can't bring it home.

I definitely think this is the year for another Class A team besides Pikeville to bring the big trophy home. Pikeville isn't as good as the past few years and they will be loaded again the next 3 seasons at least.

Having said that Pikeville has Branden Anthony and Raceland doesn't...I'll take the Panthers 34-21
Pikeville 35 Raceland 14
If Pikeville plays the way they have in the last 2 games Rams by 14 because if the defense can’t stop the offense they have faced in the last 2 weeks they definitely won’t be able to stop Racelands running game but who knows what these young men will do on the big stage
I mean no disrespect to Raceland. I think they are a great team and have built something there. They no longer are just having good years. They are a good program. I agree this is their best shot for a while. But I watched Pikeville play Campbellsville last night and I watched the Raceland game earlier this year. I’m just going to say Pikeville will be well prepared for Raceland after facing the 2 teams they just played. Especially after last night. Campbellsville was no joke. Watching them on YouTube and watching them in person changed my mind about them after the first few minutes of that game. I don’t get to see the teams out west often and relied on video and I got it wrong. Bigger than I thought. Faster than I thought. Campbellsville was legit. Panthers relaxed on a kickoff after being up 21-0 but give the Eagles credit for not quitting. They got a couple of huge calls in 2nd half but they were a solid football team. Pikeville was better but it wasn’t as huge a gap as I thought. Raceland can win but Pikeville got what they needed this week. I honestly think the two teams remaining are very similar. I just think Pikeville is a little better. Anthony will help but anyone who watched the first game knows Pikeville should have won that game by 2-3 scores without him. I expect both teams to be better but I’m taking Pikeville 28-14. Raceland will lean on Noah Wallace and I think you will see Lundy run more than he has all year similar to last years title game. I think Pikeville makes Raceland stop Brenden Anthony but it will be Pikeville’s passing game and defense to win the day.
I think this is the year Raceland finally gets it done. Offensively we are really clicking and I look for that to continue. Defensively we will have our work cut out but I think we have enough offense to outscore Pikeville.

Rams 28
Panthers 21
Pulling for the Rams but I think Pikeville wins this one.
Rams 28-14
(11-25-2023, 11:35 AM)Orange Blaze Wrote: [ -> ]I think this is the year Raceland finally gets it done.  Offensively we are really clicking and I look for that to continue.  Defensively we will have our work cut out but I think we have enough offense to outscore Pikeville.

Rams 28
Panthers 21
Be another low scoring outcome for raceland. Not so much for pikeville
panthers 21
Raceland 7
I think Pikeville makes it a threepeat this time around as  Panthers have what it takes to bring home the trophy once again. M boro and C ville were tough games that were a challenge that Pikeville needed.

PIKEVILLE-28
LAMBLAND-14
I've thought Pikeville and Raceland were clearly the 2 best teams in Class A all season and still believe so but I was VERY impressed with Campbellsville last night..they were legit.

I would have loved to have seen Campbellsville and Raceland play this year, I think on a neutral field it would have been a classic.

I wonder if Campbellsville can build on the momentum they established this season or if they will fall back like Russellville after their great 2021 season. It would be nice too see some other Class A programs reach the level that Raceland and Pikeville have where you know they will be a threat to make it to Commonwealth Stadium on a annual basis.
Pages: 1 2 3