Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pikeville
90.00%
Cambellsville
10.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville at Campbellsville 11/24 4th Round Playoffs
Campbellsville probably matches up better with Raceland although it's not a drastic difference. I like this Campbellsville team but didn't like how Newport Central Catholic pushed the Eagles around in the trenches. I also expected the defense to do a better job of keeping NCC out of the end zone. After watching that game, I think Pikeville is at least a 2 TD favorite. I hope both teams play their best and we get a good football game. Safe travels to all!
(11-21-2023, 03:09 AM)bac2369 Wrote: This will be a very interesting matchup. Last weeks game against Middlesboro will help Pikeville as the varsity got to play a full game first time in sometime. Pikeville will have its kids ready to play. Campbellsville is coming off its worst game of the season and their staff will correct those issues. Credit Newport Central Catholic for coming ready to play and getting better and making  Campbellsville earn their victory.  Campbellsville schedule may not be a tough as Pikevilles, but they have beat some solid opponents in Somerset ( game wasn’t as close as score indicates, who is playing in the state semis.)  Kentucky Country Day ( who is playing the other 1A team.) This game was 21-0 before KCD staged a little comeback. There lone loss to Hart County by 7, who is also undefeated and playing in the state semis.They were leading in this game early before Hart staged a comeback.
How will they correct getting pushed around? NCC had almost zero passing game and marched on them. Bring 8 guys in the box? They did that some against NCC and they still moved the ball. Good luck. I don’t see a path to victory for Campbellsville unless Pikeville underperforms. The more I’ve seen of them, the more I think this could get away from Campbellsville.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Belichick's post:
  • Big Five-0-
Got to see a couple Tiger games. Pretty impressed but I’m typically a very cautious optimist. Qb is solid, throwing and with his legs. I really like 33 as well, runs it hard. Not sure I see a receiver the caliber of #1 from Middlesboro on film but I could be wrong. New Cath was having a lot of success running the ball early in the game which is a positive sign for the Panthers. Defensively CVille has some kids that can run, and 53 is a disruptive kid, he will need to be accounted for. I expect a very good game honestly. I think Pikeville has the playoff experience to go on a long road trip and pull this out. Although I could be wrong , Panther Thunder can correct me if I’m wrong, but I think this is the first playoff road trip (outside of the state title games) for the Panthers since the 2017 State Semi loss at Raceland.
Pikeville needs to get ahead early and force CVille to panic a little and try to play fast, if they can do that they win by 2 TDs or more if they still make some mental type miscues and either get behind early or stay neck and neck into the second half then it could feel like 2020 Hazard all over again.
But I feel like everyone in maroon and orange will get what they want and get that rematch of the 2022 1A state championship game after it’s all said and done Friday.
Good luck all the remaining teams on injury free games!
(11-21-2023, 09:19 AM)Belichick Wrote:
(11-21-2023, 03:09 AM)bac2369 Wrote: This will be a very interesting matchup. Last weeks game against Middlesboro will help Pikeville as the varsity got to play a full game first time in sometime. Pikeville will have its kids ready to play. Campbellsville is coming off its worst game of the season and their staff will correct those issues. Credit Newport Central Catholic for coming ready to play and getting better and making  Campbellsville earn their victory.  Campbellsville schedule may not be a tough as Pikevilles, but they have beat some solid opponents in Somerset ( game wasn’t as close as score indicates, who is playing in the state semis.)  Kentucky Country Day ( who is playing the other 1A team.) This game was 21-0 before KCD staged a little comeback. There lone loss to Hart County by 7, who is also undefeated and playing in the state semis.They were leading in this game early before Hart staged a comeback.
How will they correct getting pushed around? NCC had almost zero passing game and marched on them. Bring 8 guys in the box? They did that some against NCC and they still moved the ball. Good luck. I don’t see a path to victory for Campbellsville unless Pikeville underperforms. The more I’ve seen of them, the more I think this could get away from Campbellsville.

Probably the same way Pikeville would. I mean according to Middlesboro stats they rushed for over 200 and close to 150. Pretty similar numbers to what Campbellsville. So
I guess Pikeville needs some adjustments as well. Newport Central Catholic has a really nice running back in Welch. They have some other pieces to help him as well. They had a total of 201 yards on the ground and 69 yards through the air. Welch accounted for all the touchdowns 2 rushing and 1 receiving. Sounds to me like New Cath tried to limit possession for Campbellsville. Campbellsville looks to have thrown for 200 yards and rushed for 166. Campbellsville also had 3 turnovers ( 2 INTs and 1 fumble lost).
NCC had 2 guys rush for 100 yards vs Cville. Not to mention their star QB was out. Bottom line is Pikeville needs to show up ready to take care of business and play Pikeville football for 4 quarters. I would love to see 85% runs 15% bubble screens and short pssses with a few shots deep to keep defense honest. I want Raceland again too, their fans keep bringing up a one point win at the first of the year and act like they don’t know Anthony didn’t play lol. I’m more worried about this game than Raceland actually.
(11-21-2023, 06:54 PM)bac2369 Wrote:

Probably the same way Pikeville would. I mean according to Middlesboro stats they rushed for over 200 and close to 150. Pretty similar numbers to what Campbellsville. So
I guess Pikeville needs some adjustments as well. Newport Central Catholic has a really nice running back in Welch. They have some other pieces to help him as well. They had a total of 201 yards on the ground and 69 yards through the air. Welch accounted for all the touchdowns 2 rushing and 1 receiving. Sounds to me like New Cath tried to limit possession for Campbellsville. Campbellsville looks to have thrown for 200 yards and rushed for 166. Campbellsville also had 3 turnovers ( 2 INTs and 1 fumble lost).
I think Middlesboro was better than Campbellsville offensively. Their big play potential was definitely better. I don’t think Campbellsville has 2 kids as good as the Yellowjackets QB and WR. Not trying to bash the Eagles. Campbellsville is a good team but I think this game sets up great for Pikeville. Campbellsville turns it over against Pikeville like that and it’ll be a long night for them and Pikeville’s defense is the best they have faced. The Eagles tend to turn it over a time or two a game against teams with a pulse. Pikeville gave up yards? Campbellsville gave up points and yards to a team who didn’t have much ability to throw the football last week. NCC backs looked tough but I’m still wondering how they’ll deal with a team who has a line and backs at least as good and probably better and can throw it with a good QB and athletes with good hands outside. Then add in a stingy defense. I haven’t seen every game but looking at Pikeville’s schedule, who has been able to score well on them? LCA got 31 and that was with a meaningless late score. That game I saw. No one else has put many points on the board. I’m telling you now. This has blowout potential. Barring a collapse, Pikeville is going to score at least 4-5 times on them. No way Campbellsville gets that many. They barely got that many points against some weaker competition they faced.
Well I watched Campbellsville play and definitely it’s going to be tough game for Pikeville they have a very good defense and offensive they are solid. The running back is a very good athlete and also plays linebacker on defense and the quarterback is athletic also so if they watched the last game Pikeville played and I was coaching them I would attack the edges like Middlesburg did and had a lot of success in the first half plus some quarterback keepers now Pikeville definitely is a tough out but this time of year everybody is a tough out I will be pulling for the Panthers but they better buckle up because this is going to be a battle
(11-21-2023, 10:11 PM)Belichick Wrote:

I think Middlesboro was better than Campbellsville offensively. Their big play potential was definitely better. I don’t think Campbellsville has 2 kids as good as the Yellowjackets QB and WR. Not trying to bash the Eagles. Campbellsville is a good team but I think this game sets up great for Pikeville. Campbellsville turns it over against Pikeville like that and it’ll be a long night for them and Pikeville’s defense is the best they have faced. The Eagles tend to turn it over a time or two a game against teams with a pulse. Pikeville gave up yards? Campbellsville gave up points and yards to a team who didn’t have much ability to throw the football last week. NCC backs looked tough but I’m still wondering how they’ll deal with a team who has a line and backs at least as good and probably better and can throw it with a good QB and athletes with good hands outside. Then add in a stingy defense. I haven’t seen every game but looking at Pikeville’s schedule, who has been able to score well on them? LCA got 31 and that was with a meaningless late score. That game I saw. No one else has put many points on the board. I’m telling you now. This has blowout potential. Barring a collapse, Pikeville is going to score at least 4-5 times on them. No way Campbellsville gets that many. They barely got that many points against some weaker competition they faced.

I will give u this Middlesboro most definitely has the better quarterback between them and Campbellsville. The Weathers kid is pretty fast for Campbellsville but not sure if he is better than #1 for Middlesboro. I will give that a toss up. Defensively I give the nod to Campbellsville because Middlesboro wore down just before half and the flood gates opened some. Campbellsville is built to take some punches as it took New Caths shots after New Cath went up 17-7, Campbellsville punched back out scoring them 21-6. Can they get away with that if Pikeville does it? Probably not. But they should be able to take some punches. Campbellsville also got to 36 and called the dogs off in many of there games getting younger kids PT the way Pikeville did last year.

My question for this game is what’s the weather going to be like?
No way Campbellsville defense is better than Pikeville’s. And I do mean no way.
(11-22-2023, 03:06 AM)bac2369 Wrote:
(11-21-2023, 10:11 PM)Belichick Wrote:

I will give u this Middlesboro most definitely has the better quarterback between them and Campbellsville. The Weathers kid is pretty fast for Campbellsville but not sure if he is better than #1 for Middlesboro. I will give that a toss up. Defensively I give the nod to Campbellsville because Middlesboro wore down just before half and the flood gates opened some. Campbellsville is built to take some punches as it took New Caths shots after New Cath went up 17-7, Campbellsville punched back out scoring them 21-6. Can they get away with that if Pikeville does it? Probably not. But they should be able to take some punches. Campbellsville also got to 36 and called the dogs off in many of there games getting younger kids PT the way Pikeville did last year.

My question for this game is what’s the weather going to be like?
There isn’t a particular weather pattern that helps the Eagles in this matchup. Their D will take some hits is my point and they can’t put enough points on the board against this Pikeville defense to punch back. Campbellsville has turnovers in every game they have played good competition this year. They need a squeaky clean game and Pikeville to underperform or have turnovers of their own to win. Pikeville has not shown the same tendency for turnovers. I honestly think it could get away from Campbellsville. The great thing is we get to watch and find out Friday.
(11-22-2023, 07:34 AM)jetpilot Wrote: No way Campbellsville defense is better than Pikeville’s. And I do mean no way.

I’m talking about between Campbellsville and Middlesboro.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bac2369's post:
  • jetpilot
i tried weeks ago to put $500 on pikeville.
id do it again today.
pikeville by 28+
Pikeville 3tds

Maybe tied up or up 7 at the half.
(11-22-2023, 02:38 PM)bac2369 Wrote:
(11-22-2023, 07:34 AM)jetpilot Wrote: No way Campbellsville defense is better than Pikeville’s. And I do mean no way.

My bad bac! Definitely agree Cville defense much better than Middlesboro defense
(11-22-2023, 07:44 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(11-22-2023, 02:38 PM)bac2369 Wrote:

My bad bac! Definitely agree Cville defense much better than Middlesboro defense

It’s good. Middlesboro fixed all its problems except for the defensive line.
If Campbellsville loses the turnover battle like they did last week I can see Pikeville by 20-27 points. If not, they might stand a punchers chance but that will all ride on how well they make adjustments in preparation for the Panthers run game. For this matchup, I can't get past the fact NCC was more dominant in the trenches than expected. I'm rooting for the Eagles to keep it close, so I'll go with emotions and say Pikeville by "just" 14.   Wink
Pikeville-34
Campbellsville-21

Remember #35 from Pikeville
I'll take Pikeville.
FYI for Pikeville fans. There isn’t great parking at Campbellsville. The parking is kind of stretched out with only 1 real parking lot that is not big. Stands are on one side of the field and is a decent size. The field is turf and the baseball field connects to it. They have allowed folks to bring their chairs and sit in the Eastern end zone and on the visiting side in the past. Brothers BBQ is right up the street and is a good place to eat. They also have Wings and Rings, Colton’s Steak House, a couple of Mexican restaurants, and several fast food places that are all relatively close to the school. Safe travels to everyone!
[-] The following 4 users Like Rip/Spin's post:
  • Big Five-0-, Fanatic42, Humpty Dumpty, jetpilot
It's very hard to deal with he way Pikeville runs the ball!! Not only can they control the clock, Pikeville has big play capabilities on the ground. Unlike most offense the Panthers can score on any play which makes for a hard out!! Coach Mac's defense isn't anything to thumb your nose at either!! Its gonna be hard for Campbellsville to score the 4-6 TD's its gonna take to win. We're all wrong on here a lot & this could be a defensive showcase on both sides. But if I had to bet a weeks pay, Pikeville will put up 28+. The question I have is can Campbellsville?!
[-] The following 2 users Like Boomer_Sooner's post:
  • Big Five-0-, jetpilot
There are so many standouts on this team and some are Freshmen. One leads the defense in tackles (Jeremiah Anderson) big strong kid. I've supported the Panthers for as long as I CAN'T remember, and the last time a Freshman had that honor was in 1987 on the first championship team which was Tim Honaker, o/t d/t. I may be wrong and someone might check that ( Panther Thunder). However that speaks volumes when so many Freshmen and Sophomores already contribute to the success of this program. GOOD LUCK PANTHERS!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Five-0-'s post:
  • jetpilot
Taking the panthers in this one. 35-14 Panthers roll!
Pikeville can and will score at least 35. Campbellsville will be luck to score twice imo. If somehow the Eagles can get some turnovers and get a few big plays they have a chance to keep it competitive. But if Pikeville gets up by 2 scores, watch Mac pin his LBs ears back and all hell will break loose.
Campbellsville looks outsized and Pikeville looks way more physical.
Saw on the other site Pikeville up 6-0 at the half. Is Anthony playing? I know he went down late last week.
Yes, he has 2 TDs
Pike 14 C 0 early 3rd
(11-24-2023, 10:35 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: Saw on the other site Pikeville up 6-0 at the half. Is Anthony playing? I know he went down late last week.
He's playing...

Campbellsville ate up a ton of clock and their QB is good. Pikeville should probably be up two scores, but Boykins fumbled late in the 2nd quarter.
14-0 Panthers
And he just had a 40 yard pick 6 lol
P 21 C 0
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • BlackcatAlum
Brendon Anthony reads the QB's eyes and returns of pick 35 yards for a Panther TD.

21-0 Pikeville 8:58 left in 3rd