Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pikeville
90.00%
Cambellsville
10.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville at Campbellsville 11/24 4th Round Playoffs
Pikeville (10-2)
Aug 18, 23 Pulaski County at Corbin (W) 34 - 12 Cumberland Falls Pigskin Classic 
Aug 26, 23 Johnson Central home (W) 21 - 14 Pike County Bowl 
Sep 2, 23 Lexington Christian away (L) 13 - 31  LCA Bowl sponsored by eCampus.com 
Sep 8, 23 Raceland home (L) 6 - 7 
Sep 15, 23 Belfry away (W) 40 - 21
Oct 5, 23 Dohn Community (Cincinnati), OH away (W) 1 - 0 - (forfeit)
Oct 13, 23 Paintsville home (W) 46 - 7 
Oct 20, 23 Hazard away (W) 43 - 7 
Oct 27, 23 Boyd County away (W) 39 - 15 
Nov 3, 23 Harlan home (W) 49 - 6 Class 1A 2023 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals 
Nov 10, 23 Williamsburg home (W) 42 - 0 Class 1A 2023 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals 
Nov 17, 23 Middlesboro home (W) 34 - 14 Class 1A 2023 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals

Campbellsville (11-1)
Aug 19, 23 Owen County home (W) 54 - 0 Forcht Bank Bowl 
Aug 25, 23 Casey County away (W) 35 - 6 
Sep 1, 23 Metcalfe County away (W) 36 - 0 
Sep 8, 23 Western away (W) 36 - 6 
Sep 15, 23 Somerset home (W) 34 - 27 
Sep 22, 23 Bethlehem home (W) 34 - 7 
Sep 28, 23 Danville away (W) 36 - 6 
Oct 13, 23 Holy Cross (Louisville) away (W) 35 - 0 
Oct 20, 23 Kentucky Country Day home (W) 21 - 13 
Oct 27, 23 Hart County home (L) 14 - 21 
Nov 10, 23 Holy Cross (Louisville) home (W) 49 - 20 Class 1A 2023 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals 
Nov 17, 23 Newport Central Catholic home (W) 28 - 23 Class 1A 2023 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals

Recent History
Aug 24, 2002 Pikeville 31 Campbellsville 8
https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...6f6a656543
Gotta go with Pikeville
I am going with Pikeville but I will say they better clean up some things or they will be watching the championship game instead of playing in it
I don’t think there is a Class A school that can stop Pikeville’s ground game so Campbellsville will have to find a way to score 28-32 points to win. I don’t see that happening. Close for a half.

30-21 Pikeville
[-] The following 1 user Likes 2000PHS's post:
  • Big Five-0-
No way Campbellsville can keep up
Pikeville vs another excellent QB. I'm sure they are dialing up a defense that will limit his effectiveness. Eagles QB Eastridge passed 21 times and ran 14 more so he accounted for 35 of their 48 total plays and 290 of their 366 total yards vs NCC. Slow him down and win. Also C'ville gave up 206 rushing yards to NCC so they ain't stopping Pikeville ground game. Pikeville should win but the margin of error is slim.

Pikeville 28
Campbellsville 14
I think Campbellsville is good enough to give Pikeville a fight early on but I don’t think they are going to be strong enough to be able to contain Pikeville’s rushing attack. I also think they will struggle with penetrating Pikeville’s defense. I think Campbellsville will make Pikeville earn it and will keep the score respectable for 3 quarters before getting wore down late.

Pikeville 35
Campbellsville 7
The last time Pikeville faced a team from "this part of the Commonwealth" deep in the playoffs was Russellville in the 2021 state championship game. As we all know Russellville gave Pikeville a heck of a game and their team speed was very impressive. I don't know how this Campbellsville team compares to that team Pikeville faced at Kroger Field. I for one felt good about the Panthers chances going into that game and expected a 3-4 score victory. As a result Im trying to curb my expectations to a extent, So Im expecting Campbellsville to bring it and be ready for a battle. At the end of the day though Pikeville has #35 Anthony and Campbellsville doesn't. I'm taking my Panthers 34-22
My only prediction is Pikeville wins because they just will. Ric Flair had the American Dream, Ali had Frazier, The Yankees had the Red Sox, Hogan had Andre the Giant, & the RAMS & Pikeville have each other. My favorite nemesis. ;-) Good Luck Panthers, but you won't need it.
It’s an interesting game . Pikeville just played against a REAL athletic QB and hats off to Middlesboro QB. Campbellsville QB is a VERY accurate thrower and Pikeville’s secondary better be ready . Pikeville’s run game is tough to stop and they have a QB that can throw it . I like Pikeville in this game but gotta come ready to play .
I don’t think this game is close. As our coach says…..play teams in the regular season that are better than anybody you are going to face in the playoffs. Both Pikeville and Raceland have done that. Mountain putty tats will be the best team campbellsville has faced by far this year. Mountain putty tats roll.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAM-A-DEVIL's post:
  • Belichick
Does anyone know if Campbellsville streams their Home games ? Love to watch the game.
Have to favor Pikeville. They had theirs wake up call last week in the first half. I don’t think they make the same mistake here and cruise to state to play Raceland imo.
Campbellsville is fast and athletic will have the best middle LB and Rb Pikeville will have seen. If the Pikeville team is looking at this game the way most people on this board are it will be slow riding and sad singing all the way back to Pikeville. This team hits hard and is fast . They have a good QB that can throw and run. I give the Advantage to C-ville long trip and they pretty good at home their only loss is 7 point to a undefeated hart co that is still playing.
(11-20-2023, 01:24 PM)Buford T Justice Wrote: Campbellsville is fast and athletic will have the best middle LB  and Rb Pikeville will have seen. If the Pikeville team is looking at this game the way most  people on this board are it will be slow riding and sad singing all the way back to Pikeville. This team hits hard and is fast . They have a good QB that can throw and run. I give the Advantage to C-ville long trip and they pretty good at home  their only loss is 7 point to a undefeated hart co that is still playing.

Uh bub, they played LCA and they have Hensley, who is arguably the best running back in the state.  And they have definitely seen some good MLB’s too.  Not knocking the Campbellsville kid, but I don’t think he’s the best they’ve seen.
[-] The following 2 users Like VoR_58's post:
  • BoondockSaint, Willie Nelson
Agree there. Pikeville had to deal with Hensley. They have seen at least a top 3 RB in the state. Kid is a machine.
(11-20-2023, 01:32 PM)VoR_58 Wrote:
(11-20-2023, 01:24 PM)Buford T Justice Wrote: Campbellsville is fast and athletic will have the best middle LB  and Rb Pikeville will have seen. If the Pikeville team is looking at this game the way most  people on this board are it will be slow riding and sad singing all the way back to Pikeville. This team hits hard and is fast . They have a good QB that can throw and run. I give the Advantage to C-ville long trip and they pretty good at home  their only loss is 7 point to a undefeated hart co that is still playing.

Uh bub, they played LCA and they have Hensley, who is arguably the best running back in the state.  And they have definitely seen some good MLB’s too.  Not knocking the Campbellsville kid, but I don’t think he’s the best they’ve seen.
After watching Somerset and Newport game I agree with BTJ. If Pikeville doesn't bring their A game they will be in for a battle.  Loved to know micro-brew opinion on this one. If you believe in Calprep they have Panthers losing 22-21.
Just my opinion but the best team Campbellsville has played all year was Somerset, a one touchdown game or Newport Central Catholic which was less than a touchdown. Newport was blown out by Raceland, and we know how Pikeville and Raceland went. This game is a running clock in the third as long as Pikeville plays average Pikeville football. Nothing Campbellsville will show them, they have not seen already this year from better players. Raceland, Belfry, Johnson Central, Pulaski... if any of those teams were to play Campbellsville, we are all going to say Campbellsville is the underdog.
From Pikeville official stats vs Middlesboro:

Anthony 22 carries 296 yards 4 TDs, led defense with 13 tackles
Boykins 13 carries 145 yards

Just show up at Campbellsville ready to play 4 tough quarters, line up and run it down their throat...
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Patriot1
(11-20-2023, 05:46 PM)jetpilot Wrote: From Pikeville official stats vs Middlesboro:

Anthony 22 carries 296 yards 4 TDs, led defense with 13 tackles
Boykins 13 carries 145 yards

Just show up at Campbellsville ready to play 4 tough quarters, line up and run it down their throat...
Have to agree Jet run the ball and don’t get fancy and keep your defense on the sideline and from what I have seen on games I have watched they have a good quarterback but he is not as mobile as Middlesboro quarterback but this is definitely going to be a challenge for Pikeville
[-] The following 1 user Likes Patriot1's post:
  • jetpilot
All I am saying is they played hart co whom I think is probably 2 TD better than Pikeville and they loose by a TD but if you think Pikeville is going to running clock them all I got to say is Hold up on that car wash gentelmen and give me some of whatever it is you smoking! This game will go down to the wire could go either way I give advantage to c-ville being at home and p-ville having about a 4 hour drive will play a factor.
Pikeville can win this game running or throwing. Campbellsville isn’t scoring on Pikeville’s defense consistently. Middlesboro QB and WR was better than they’ll face this week. Pikeville has faced LCA, Belfry, Raceland, and Johnson Central rushing attacks. The Campbellsville back is solid but isn’t able to carry them past Pikeville either. Pikeville is better on both lines and the Panther LBs are stupid good. I think Campbellsville has a good team, they play hard, and I expect their best effort but it isn’t enough. This is the best team they’ve played all year by far. Panthers have to show up but I’ll say Pikeville 35 Eagles 14.

(11-20-2023, 04:42 PM)yellowstone Wrote:
(11-20-2023, 01:32 PM)VoR_58 Wrote:

After watching Somerset and Newport game I agree with BTJ. If Pikeville doesn't bring their A game they will be in for a battle.  Loved to know micro-brew opinion on this one. If you believe in Calprep they have Panthers losing 22-21.
If you believe Massey, they have Pikeville winning 27-14. I think Calpreps and Massey are stat crunch programs that can give you a good idea if you don’t have a clue. But trust your eyes and watch the teams play previous games. This one isn’t hard to figure unless Pikeville underperforms. Being honest, they are very capable of doing that and have at times this year. I also don’t believe they have played their best game yet.
(11-20-2023, 06:46 PM)Buford T Justice Wrote: All I am saying is they played hart co whom I think is probably 2 TD better than Pikeville and they loose by a TD but if you think Pikeville is going to running clock them all I got to say is Hold up on that car wash gentelmen and give me some of whatever it is you smoking! This game will go down to the wire could go either way I give advantage to c-ville being at home and p-ville having about a 4 hour drive will play a factor.

Hart Co 2TD better than Pikeville you’ve gone nuts chasing the Bandit lol
[-] The following 6 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • 2000PHS, BEChargers, Belichick, Panther Thunder, Rip/Spin, Westside
I agree that Pikeville hasn’t played their best game yet. But they are going to need their best game at some point to get another title imo. I hope they will be ready. Seems like they have played half a season through no fault of their own.
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Belichick, Big Five-0-
(11-20-2023, 06:46 PM)Buford T Justice Wrote: All I am saying is they played hart co whom I think is probably 2 TD better than Pikeville and they loose by a TD but if you think Pikeville is going to running clock them all I got to say is Hold up on that car wash gentelmen and give me some of whatever it is you smoking! This game will go down to the wire could go either way I give advantage to c-ville being at home and p-ville having about a 4 hour drive will play a factor.
Same Hart County that runs similar offense to Johnson Central and Belfry is 2 scores better than Pikeville? That’s an interesting take. Wrong but interesting.
[-] The following 2 users Like Belichick's post:
  • Big Five-0-, jetpilot
I don’t think anyone from Pikeville is thinking running clock Buford, but Jet sometimes gets a little too optimistic in the Panthers favor haha. Just kidding Jet, much love. Now my assessment is pre-CVille film for me. I haven’t seen one down of any game they’ve played all year. I will watch some probably this evening so I’ll have some things to add in the following days.
But for now I’ll give my assessment of Pikeville post Middlesboro. First off let me say, I was much more impressed with MB than I was expecting to be. Their qb was legit, their receiver was legit. That wasn’t the same team that I watched give up 50 some points to SV. But anyway, I’ve always been more of a take care of your mistakes type guy and the game tends to play out how it should, so as for Pikeville. They can’t go and have some of the penalties and other miscues they had Friday night. The multiple offsides, the personal fouls, the bad snaps, etc.
If they do those type things again and let a team just kinda hang around then bad things happen. They have to cut those out this week. Also they need to get a kid like Anthony into two-way game shape more this week. He’s too important on both sides of the ball to have to take series off because he’s winded from playing 8-10 plays in a row.
I hinted at that the Boyd game when he hadn’t played much both ways since Belfry. Then you go 2-3 more weeks of cupcakes and as you saw last week he’s cramping late in the game. If this game is down to the wire, he has to be on the field. Also the rain has seemed to affect us somewhat, is rain forecasted Friday? If so we have to be able to overcome that. Middlesboro threw the ball just fine in it, we have to be able to as well.
We can’t let C-Ville go on 5,6,7, or 8 min type drives, it slows our momentum and a higher scoring game is much more in our favor. Friday Middlesboro ate and ate and ate clock in that first half. Had it not been for a huge 4th down stop, with under a minute to go in the half and a huge run by Tayvian and added horse collar , the Panthers either go in at the half behind or tied 8-8. Letting a team believe is bad bad news. Pikeville has to find a way defensively to get quick stops and get more possessions for the offense, I’ve said many times if we can get scores into the 30’s or 40’s then we win because defensively we can create turnovers when teams are pressured to keep up scoring wise.
Anyway that’s my Pikeville assessment for now. Excited to watch the Tigers on film, I know a few years back they had an electric player who is still tearing it up on Saturdays and has a great shot to still be tearing it up on Sundays soon…..Malachi Corley.
Question for you Tiger fans, anyone on your roster now comparable to him?
[-] The following 2 users Like Micro-Brew's post:
  • Big Five-0-, jetpilot
(11-20-2023, 03:32 AM)Fanatic42 Wrote: Does anyone know if Campbellsville streams their Home games ? Love to watch the game.
Not sure if they do or not, but it was just announced on the HAIL PODCAST that MTN TOP SPORTS will live stream it. Thanks Mt Top Sports!
[-] The following 2 users Like Big Five-0-'s post:
  • Humpty Dumpty, Patriot1
Pikeville will beat Campbellsville like they walked into their house, kicked their mom, and burnt their baby brother with a cigarette.
Imo Pikeville wins this one with a score of like 35-21. Having said that a few things have to be cleaned up. We know Cville has speed and quickness along with a very accurate QB. Film shows he can run the ball as well. Now consider  Pikeville. Arguably has the  best, or one of the best top five backs Statewide. Dude is a monster. Without going into detail with so many standouts, Pikeville has the Jimmies and Joes and X's and O's to win this game and take ''homefield advantage'' at Kroger Field.
This will be a very interesting matchup. Last weeks game against Middlesboro will help Pikeville as the varsity got to play a full game first time in sometime. Pikeville will have its kids ready to play. Campbellsville is coming off its worst game of the season and their staff will correct those issues. Credit Newport Central Catholic for coming ready to play and getting better and making Campbellsville earn their victory. Campbellsville schedule may not be a tough as Pikevilles, but they have beat some solid opponents in Somerset ( game wasn’t as close as score indicates, who is playing in the state semis.) Kentucky Country Day ( who is playing the other 1A team.) This game was 21-0 before KCD staged a little comeback. There lone loss to Hart County by 7, who is also undefeated and playing in the state semis.They were leading in this game early before Hart staged a comeback.