Poll: Who wins the rematch?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mayfield
79.31%
Beechwood
20.69%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beechwood at Mayfield , 11/24 4th Round Playoffs
This is tough but I think Mayfield has momentum and tough to beat them there. Barring a letdown off a big win last week, I think they get another big win this week.
Here is the history of this series:

1995 Mayfield 28 Beechwood 27 state championship

2002 Mayfield 14 Beechwood 7 state championship

2009 Beechwood 0 at Mayfield 38

2010 Mayfield 38 at Beechwood 14

2011 Beechwood 14 at Mayfield 19

2012 Mayfield 35 at Beechwood 14

2014 Mayfield 35 at Beechwood 24

2021 Mayfield 7 at Beechwood 38

2022 Mayfield 13 Beechwood 14 state championship

Mayfield 7-2 all time. Beechwood 0-2 at War Memorial.
Still getting no respect. I find it funny that KSR all year had Lexington Christian in the top 10 in the entire state. Just before playing Mayfield they had them at #6. This after all was the team that played #1 Boyle County to a 9 point game at Boyle. So, they lose to Mayfield, instead of recognizing Mayfield, they boot LCA out of the rankings. They move Mayfield to #11, just slightly above Beechwood, to ensure Mayfield can’t be in the top ten, they are after all from the west.
(11-21-2023, 09:55 AM)mysonis55 Wrote: Still getting no respect. I find it funny that KSR all year had Lexington Christian in the top 10 in the entire state. Just before playing Mayfield they had them at #6. This after all was the team that played #1 Boyle County to a 9 point game at Boyle. So, they lose to Mayfield, instead of recognizing Mayfield, they boot LCA out of the rankings. They move Mayfield to #11, just slightly above Beechwood, to ensure Mayfield can’t be in the top ten, they are after all from the west.
I wouldn’t place any credence in a Ksr ranking. Like zero!  They have proven historically that there is not much forethought or analysis in their process. They rely heavily on outsourced data.
Mayfield 2tds
The Beechies are always formidable, hope the old grave yard known as War Memorial will do what it does and bury the Beechies!
The Beechwood QB is very good but I've seen several come in to War Memorial and have trouble navigating the crown of the field. Those edge passes become more difficult. The DB's have a little more time to react if not thrown with precision. Two pick sixes last week jumping routes on floaters to the edge.
Hard to pick against Mayfield after they just beat “the most talented” team in 2A
Ain’t gonna lie, this game scares me. I guarantee beechwood will be better coached than LCA. I stll do believe that if we can put another game together like last Friday the Red Birds will win tho.
(11-21-2023, 11:40 PM)rookie57 Wrote: Ain’t gonna lie, this game scares me. I guarantee beechwood will be better coached than LCA. I stll do believe that if we can put another game together like last Friday the Red Birds will win tho.

Woah Ouch...
(11-21-2023, 01:41 AM)mysonis55 Wrote: Here is the history of this series:

1995 Mayfield 28 Beechwood 27 state championship

2002 Mayfield 14 Beechwood 7 state championship

2009 Beechwood 0 at Mayfield 38

2010 Mayfield 38 at Beechwood 14

2011 Beechwood 14 at Mayfield 19

2012 Mayfield 35 at Beechwood 14

2014 Mayfield 35 at Beechwood 24

2021 Mayfield 7 at Beechwood 38

2022 Mayfield 13 Beechwood 14 state championship

Mayfield 7-2 all time. Beechwood 0-2 at War Memorial.

I think you missed one game in there:  Mayfield 35, Beechwood 7 in the 2019 playoffs at War Memorial.
Beechwood has a long journey into a tough environment and the revenge factor ensures that the Cardinals don't come out flat after knocking off LCA.

27-24, Mayfield.
Looking at my post from above, I forgot the 3019 Mayfield win over Beechwood. So MHS is 8-2 overall all time.
The info I got was that there was approximately 300 parents, friends and family at the annual Thanksgiving day practice this morning. The pig is now on the roast. The natives will be in a frenzy by this time tomorrow. This may wind up being one of the largest crowds in a long time at War Memorial. We are the only game going in this area tomorrow. I expect fans from Crittendon Co, Murray, Graves Co and other schools to be in attendance to watch this battle.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mysonis55's post:
  • Bull got out!
I hope Mayfield wins it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Westside's post:
  • rookie57
We’ll take all the help we can get
It's gameday ! Hoping my Cardinals put it to those beeches and sons of beeches !!!
(11-24-2023, 02:35 PM):DOld School Hound Wrote: It's gameday !  Hoping my Cardinals put it to those beeches and sons of beeches !!!
Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes rookie57's post:
  • Big Five-0-
(11-23-2023, 12:09 PM)mysonis55 Wrote: Looking at my post from above, I forgot the 3019 Mayfield win over Beechwood. So MHS is 8-2 overall all time.

It definitely takes a great team to win in the future.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Silverback
Game time good luck Mayfield.
If anyone on here wants some good entertainment go to Youtube and search Red Helmet Video for the Mayfield/beechwood game the guys from Mayfield calling the game are great. They are just old country boys rooting on their Cardinals.