Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will You Greer Haters Apologize When the Tommy Train Steams Past the Justin Rebs?
(11-12-2023, 11:18 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(11-11-2023, 05:56 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: Some of y’all are absolutely ridiculous. I mean it’s actually incredible to sit and watch. He’s a human being, who coaches high school football for your school, and y’all put upside down crosses on his face and call him a you know what sucker. Cmon now. He’s coached 50 games in corbin, and he’s given you 46-4. Nobody including haddix, who i think is one of the best coaches ever in this state, got you a title or anywhere close to 46-4. I say some stuff about coaches who i think are idiots and think i could do better… but they have losing records or get beat up by bad teams. 46-4 people cmon that’s the best winning percentage IN SCHOOL HISTORY. Remember that just a decade ago you let teams like wayne, bell, Central, larue, etc take your asses to the woodshed. You know how many programs would love to have that record, play in so many finals games, and be in the running for the best team overall in the state year in and year out?? Ok you don’t like his style that wins 14 games a year, fine… all of this… y’all are complete fools.
And not long after those teams started taking us to the woodshed the coaching job became available and Tommy didn’t apply, why didn’t he apply then?  Your missing the point, no Haddix didn’t have the winning record that Greer does but we also weren’t playing Leslie Co, Hazard, or some of these others who should have never been on the schedule.  Bottom line the job wasn’t available when Greer decided he wanted it so he took it in a sneaky and deceitful way, it’s common knowledge now, that’s what people are pissed about that some of you are missing….We didn’t want him we had a coach and they ran him off period….And you can save your breath Haddix has made it abundantly clear he didn’t want to go and wouldn’t have left had they left him alone and let him coach football….

(11-12-2023, 10:01 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-12-2023, 04:49 AM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:
(11-11-2023, 07:05 PM)Hound05 Wrote: ^the program is not in its best spot in 40 years. If it was there would be a trophy at the high school. They let the man who brought us back go for a man who just wants wins and don’t really care about the other stuff. It’s like having tubby smith coach our football team.
How many times in corbin history has the team went 38-2 and 46-4? People that say all they care about is wins… Dude that’s what it’s about… And yes it’s in the best spot in 40 years. They haven’t won a title in that long, and never had a run like this. Haddix was the only one and he had similar results but has not one more accomplishment than greer when wearing red. Beechwood, JC 2x, and Boyle is his only losses in 4 seasons, and his heads on a stake. I’m honestly curious if jewell and the coaches before him were crucified in this town if this is how people act. 

Being critical is one thing, down right cruel is another. i can’t help but assume that he did or said something to an important somebody that makes everyone upset. Or isn’t playing a particular grandson as much as people want but idk. 

Neither twin played offense at their previous school, and even then you got eli at TE so where do they play? Oline? I’ve seen so many people talk about this year that they need to be guys that never come off… Like why risk it honestly when all you would need them for is a goaline set.

The only players that i would consider should go both ways are carter and curry, maybe one other one. But curry in particular. If i was to look and say he has one fault as a coach, it’s not playing him at receiver and stewart as a DB. That’s it. 

Last thing, people act like he is causing the offense to fail or is holding them back. They run a no huddle quick system, that’s the worst possible offense to run if you are a control the clock passive coach like greer supposedly is. If he had ANYTHING to do with the offense, he would probably run wishbone or something. But he obviously has no input on that other than personnel. And let’s see how bad he is at what he knows… over his tenure they have allowed 12.6, 12.5, 13.5, and this year 6.3 points per game and most of that was on the JV. That’s the best defense over that four year span in the state and it isn’t really close. 

Thats my useless two cents.
How much talent have they had in that time frame? How many points did the defense give up in state championship games? I can still remember a Chuck Smith coached offense putting on a clinic against the defensive guru.
I’m gonna be honest Dougie, we had a few kids out that would have absolutely helped us that game but Boyles front line that year was just insane.  I’m not a fan of Greer’s defense at all at times but I’m not sure much of anyone else could have done any better.  When the offensive line is able to get 2nd and especially 3rd level blocks consistently they’re pretty special…
I hope you're doing well my friend. I hadn't seen you on here much.
(11-12-2023, 04:49 AM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:
(11-11-2023, 07:05 PM)Hound05 Wrote: ^the program is not in its best spot in 40 years. If it was there would be a trophy at the high school. They let the man who brought us back go for a man who just wants wins and don’t really care about the other stuff. It’s like having tubby smith coach our football team.
How many times in corbin history has the team went 38-2 and 46-4? People that say all they care about is wins… Dude that’s what it’s about… And yes it’s in the best spot in 40 years. They haven’t won a title in that long, and never had a run like this. Haddix was the only one and he had similar results but has not one more accomplishment than greer when wearing red. Beechwood, JC 2x, and Boyle is his only losses in 4 seasons, and his heads on a stake. I’m honestly curious if jewell and the coaches before him were crucified in this town if this is how people act. 

Being critical is one thing, down right cruel is another. i can’t help but assume that he did or said something to an important somebody that makes everyone upset. Or isn’t playing a particular grandson as much as people want but idk. 

Neither twin played offense at their previous school, and even then you got eli at TE so where do they play? Oline? I’ve seen so many people talk about this year that they need to be guys that never come off… Like why risk it honestly when all you would need them for is a goaline set.

The only players that i would consider should go both ways are carter and curry, maybe one other one. But curry in particular. If i was to look and say he has one fault as a coach, it’s not playing him at receiver and stewart as a DB. That’s it. 

Last thing, people act like he is causing the offense to fail or is holding them back. They run a no huddle quick system, that’s the worst possible offense to run if you are a control the clock passive coach like greer supposedly is. If he had ANYTHING to do with the offense, he would probably run wishbone or something. But he obviously has no input on that other than personnel. And let’s see how bad he is at what he knows… over his tenure they have allowed 12.6, 12.5, 13.5, and this year 6.3 points per game and most of that was on the JV. That’s the best defense over that four year span in the state and it isn’t really close. 

Thats my useless two cents.
I don't think any of Tommy's critics on here, including myself, have any personal animus against Tommy. He's never done anything to me, personally(though, I'm sure he'd like to). Those of us who have known him for fifty years know he is a crummy human being, a blow sac, a liar, and that the kids who have played for him and moved on do not have nice things to say about him. It's less about Tommy for most of us here and more about the Good Ol' Boy sh#t system of hiring and firing that is done around here by Cox and his cronies and the influence peddling of the RVC  Old Guard and other good ol' boys that has contributed to a 40+ year drought for a program that should never have more than a four or five year period without a title.

One of the biggest questions I want to see answered is where in the stands will we see some of the Corbin "fans" at this one. You know, the ones who speak with such reverence about the Boyle coach. Justin has seemed to create almost a cult-like following amongst some Corbinites. If Tommy and the Hounds go into Danville and lay the wood to King Justin, will these Corbin Bandwagoners be celebrating with the regional champs and their fans or consoling Boyle's faithful and lending a handkerchief to Boyle's First Lady to help dry her tears. I'll be watching to see who bleeds Redhound Red and who is just a RINO(Red In Name Only).

GO HOUNDS!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • pjdoug
(11-11-2023, 03:05 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: I'll bet $100 to a donut that Tommy and Dave flies in Greg Taylor for one of his "legendary" motivational speeches prior to the game.

Will Greg have those Redhounds fired up and thinking they are the better team?
Please don’t bring Taylor in to give the boys a hyped up speech.. Everytime he does we lose.
What I ABSOLUTELY LOVE about this thread is that it has epic psychotic thriller overtones!

The same waxkadoo that has the obsession with hating Greer challenges “himself” and all others like him in the title to do the unthinkable for him.

This is brilliant. I have always heard the cliche’ “fine line between genus and insanity”.

It’s like Mintressor is talking to us in “The Cask of Amontillado”;

“ I have borne the 1000 insults from Fortunato(Greer and Cox)! You who know me so well; know I have not given the slightest utterance to a threat….”

More PLEASE!!!!!!!