Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will You Greer Haters Apologize When the Tommy Train Steams Past the Justin Rebs?
Tommy gets another chance at Justin. The mind of a mental midget vs. the mind of a football savant.  But what if the mental midget gets the better of King Justin in his own back yard? Will you Greer detractors be willing to bow down and apologize?  In this thread I want to do a deep dive into the minds of these two men. What is each of them thinking on this Saturday before the biggest game of the KY high school football season next Friday. There are rumors goin' round that Tommy has some surprises in store for Justin next Friday. I think he better have LOTS of surprises, the biggest of which is that he needs to ditch his conservative ways for once and throw caution to the wind.

Some of you know Justin better than I do. Some of you might even know Tommy better than I do. But I doubt it. I've known Tommy since he s#!t his first diaper. We've shared the basketball court and the baseball diamond together. As a pitcher, I knocked him off the plate; as a guard, I took him to the hole and scored(family board, I know).  I'm not crazy about Tommy Greer, as many of you have probably surmised. In 50+ years,  I have never found him to have many redeeming qualities. Justin, I barely know at all. I have spoken to him in passing several times. He seems like a nice, friendly chap.

But I'm a Redhound fan. This Friday I will be rooting for Tommy to outshine Justin.  Tommy has the talent at his disposal to make this a game for the ages if he will just let go of some of his stubborn and conservative ways. This is not 1982,  Tom Tom . You are not facing Coy Meadows and the Glasgow Scotties. We are not listening to "Men on Work" on the radio.  This is 2023 and you are facing, arguably, the best young coach in the high school game today.

Tommy has enough talent on both sides of the ball to come out of Danville with a win but he has to be willing ,  and able, to put his best athletes and playmakers in a position to win the game for him. He also has to be willing to adjust, adjust, adjust!!! Tommy, for those who know him, is a stubborn, and controlling, peckerwood. The guy knows how to coach defense, and he has two of the best defensive players to have ever suited up in red and silver to assist him. But if Tommy isn't willing to adjust his coaching style , depending on how the game is playing out, then we will see a repeat of 2022 at Kroger, when an opportunity to win was lost.

Tommy Greer is a coward and a fraud. But next Friday I will be rooting like the dickens for that coward and fraud to deliver Corbin one of the biggest wins in its 100- year history.

For those on here that know these two men, let's talk about the possible mindsets of these guys leading up to this titanic struggle. Who's gonna outshine the other in the battle of wits?  For those Tommy haters on here who have belittled his coaching prowess and marginalized his chances of beating Justin, will you apologize to Tommy if he steamrolls Justin in his own backyard next Friday. 

Bull, how about you? Will you apologize to the guy you called a Blow Sac?  Viz, what about you? If we win,  can you get your mind off of Darrell Tremaine, Jeremy Hart, and Burley Foley long enough to mouth the words, "I'm sorry, Tommy."  Hound05, will you bow down and apologize, as my late granny would say?

Just for the record, BGR fans, I have kicked dirt in the face of this malignant narcissist for over 50 years. But if he takes the Crown off of Titletown and brings it home to Corbin, where it belongs, then I will get on my knees on a livestream of Tommy's choosing and kiss his ass, while chanting over and over "it's all about the C's... it's all about the C's... it's all about the C's."

Let's discuss it ...   This one's gonna be a fun one over the next week. Don't miss out!!!
Tommy Greer, is a good football coach no matter what anyone says. Yes, he had the talent but he knew darn well what to do with it. I am not one bit surprised knowing him that this team has excelled this season. Haters gonna hate no matter what you do but the bottom line is he has led this team to this point and I can see him standing in the winners circle accepting the BIG trophy. He's that guy!
(11-11-2023, 01:25 PM)Hi Risk Warrior Wrote: Tommy Greer, is a good football coach no matter what anyone says.  Yes, he had the talent but he knew darn well what to do with it.  I am not one bit surprised knowing him that this team has excelled this season.  Haters gonna hate no matter what you do but the bottom line is he has led this team to this point and I can see him standing in the winners circle accepting the BIG trophy.  He's that guy!

Thank you, Ms. Greer. I appreciate the input. 

Now, does any non-family members have anything to say on this topic?
[-] The following 2 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • Cowboy42, pjdoug
Don’t think anyone will have to worry about that… Rebs roll to another 4A title.
[-] The following 2 users Like AgentOrange's post:
  • Iggyfan, toolaidback
Haddix is the real hero here. Living rent free in alot of redhounds heads for so long.
[-] The following 1 user Likes toolaidback's post:
  • Hound05
I feel like I'm owed reparations from the city of Corbin and Corbin High School for stealing so many Colonels over the years and from Greer for ever being a Whitley County coach Big Grin .
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Glory_Days
(11-11-2023, 02:09 PM)toolaidback Wrote: Haddix is the real hero here. Living rent free in alot of redhounds heads for so long.

I definitely think he is in the head of the Corbin head coach before they ever even compete against each other.
(11-11-2023, 01:01 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Tommy gets another chance at Justin. The mind of a mental midget vs. the mind of a football savant.  But what if the mental midget gets the better of King Justin in his own back yard? Will you Greer detractors be willing to bow down and apologize?  In this thread I want to do a deep dive into the minds of these two men. What is each of them thinking on this Saturday before the biggest game of the KY high school football season next Friday. There are rumors goin' round that Tommy has some surprises in store for Justin next Friday. I think he better have LOTS of surprises, the biggest of which is that he needs to ditch his conservative ways for once and throw caution to the wind.

Some of you know Justin better than I do. Some of you might even know Tommy better than I do. But I doubt it. I've known Tommy since he s#!t his first diaper. We've shared the basketball court and the baseball diamond together. As a pitcher, I knocked him off the plate; as a guard, I took him to the hole and scored(family board, I know).  I'm not crazy about Tommy Greer, as many of you have probably surmised. In 50+ years,  I have never found him to have many redeeming qualities. Justin, I barely know at all. I have spoken to him in passing several times. He seems like a nice, friendly chap.

But I'm a Redhound fan. This Friday I will be rooting for Tommy to outshine Justin.  Tommy has the talent at his disposal to make this a game for the ages if he will just let go of some of his stubborn and conservative ways. This is not 1982,  Tom Tom . You are not facing Coy Meadows and the Glasgow Scotties. We are not listening to "Men on Work" on the radio.  This is 2023 and you are facing, arguably, the best young coach in the high school game today.

Tommy has enough talent on both sides of the ball to come out of Danville with a win but he has to be willing ,  and able, to put his best athletes and playmakers in a position to win the game for him. He also has to be willing to adjust, adjust, adjust!!! Tommy, for those who know him, is a stubborn, and controlling, peckerwood. The guy knows how to coach defense, and he has two of the best defensive players to have ever suited up in red and silver to assist him. But if Tommy isn't willing to adjust his coaching style , depending on how the game is playing out, then we will see a repeat of 2022 at Kroger, when an opportunity to win was lost.

Tommy Greer is a coward and a fraud. But next Friday I will be rooting like the dickens for that coward and fraud to deliver Corbin one of the biggest wins in its 100- year history.

For those on here that know these two men, let's talk about the possible mindsets of these guys leading up to this titanic struggle. Who's gonna outshine the other in the battle of wits?  For those Tommy haters on here who have belittled his coaching prowess and marginalized his chances of beating Justin, will you apologize to Tommy if he steamrolls Justin in his own backyard next Friday. 

Bull, how about you? Will you apologize to the guy you called a Blow Sac?  Viz, what about you? If we win,  can you get your mind off of Darrell Tremaine, Jeremy Hart, and Burley Foley long enough to mouth the words, "I'm sorry, Tommy."  Hound05, will you bow down and apologize, as my late granny would say?

Just for the record, BGR fans, I have kicked dirt in the face of this malignant narcissist for over 50 years. But if he takes the Crown off of Titletown and brings it home to Corbin, where it belongs, then I will get on my knees on a livestream of Tommy's choosing and kiss his ass, while chanting over and over "it's all about the C's... it's all about the C's... it's all about the C's."

Let's discuss it ...   This one's gonna be a fun one over the next week. Don't miss out!!!
I’ll start out by saying that I’m 100% Redhound, I think a lot of Justin Haddix but I want to beat him as bad as I do anyone else coaching against my boys in Red n Silver….I absolutely will not apologize to Tommy don’t feel like I have anything to apologize for, EVERYTHING I’ve posted on this board about him is 100% true, and he’d never apologize for all the crappy things he’s done so….As far as what each are thinking I’d say Haddix is thinking he’s gonna spank that @ss as he is so fond of saying and Greer is obviously doing what he always does talking it up as some big game plan he has especially for Boyle all the while writing down excuses on how to blame the kids if we lose…
[-] The following 3 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!, Cowboy42, pjdoug
I'll bet $100 to a donut that Tommy and Dave flies in Greg Taylor for one of his "legendary" motivational speeches prior to the game.

Will Greg have those Redhounds fired up and thinking they are the better team?
1) nahh I’d never apologize

2) it probably won’t happen.

1A) he’s never apologized for letting mills toxic attitude ruin 2 good teams and him being part of it. Or his horrible coaching mistakes.

2A) we won’t have to worry about it. And I don’t know if haddix will be doing much different. Go back and look at the title game. He RAN THE SAME 5 plays 90% of the game. I mean Jesus. If I could recognize that IN GAME, surely to god a “defensive mastermind” could? Honestly at this point, I’d tell Elam to do what he wants and and adjust his defensive the same as he would anyways. Because they are gonna score regardless, we have to as well. Our D is better than their. Their O is better than ours. Is our O better than their D? I think it could be, but that’s up to play calling.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hound05's post:
  • Glory_Days, TD Hounds
I’ll admit I have read a single word of this post but I feel like a mod could merge this one with the last one and nobody would notice any difference
(11-11-2023, 03:22 PM)Hound05 Wrote: 1) nahh I’d never apologize

1A) he’s never apologized for letting mills toxic attitude ruin 2 good teams and him being part of it. Or his horrible coaching mistakes.

2A) we won’t have to worry about it. And I don’t know if haddix will be doing much different. Go back and look at the title game. He RAN THE SAME 5 plays 90% of the game. I mean Jesus. If I could recognize that IN GAME, surely to god a “defensive mastermind” could? Honestly at this point, I’d tell Elam to do what he wants and and adjust his defensive the same as he would anyways. Because they are gonna score regardless, we have to as well. Our D is better than their. Their O is better than ours. Is our O better than their D? I think it could be, but that’s up to play calling.

I was talking with a Taylor County guy during the game(I think he might coach middle school or something in Taylor Co.) He said Corbin's D is better than Boyle's but Boyle's O is better than Corbin's. He said he thought it would be a good game. 

I won't apologize to Tommy for saying is a crumb of a human but if he beats Justin in Danville and brings the first title to Corbin in 41 years, I will kiss his ass on a live broadcast.

Tommy should apologize to Corbin fans for having Hazard on the schedule instead of North Laurel. If they would have played North instead of Hazard, this Boyle game would be at Campbell Field. Good job, Tommy!

(11-11-2023, 03:35 PM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: I’ll admit I have read a single word of this post but I feel like a mod could merge this one with the last one and nobody would notice any difference

I've talked to a number of people around town who feel like you should change your name to KNOXVILLES WORST.

Start reading and maybe you will learn something. I speak from over six decades of experience of living in this hick town and watching self-important people meddle in football matters that shouldn't concern them. I still have a lot to say before I'm taken out out of this world with an assassin's bullet.

Stay tuned, people...
(11-11-2023, 05:08 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

I was talking with a Taylor County guy during the game(I think he might coach middle school or something in Taylor Co.) He said Corbin's D is better than Boyle's but Boyle's O is better than Corbin's. He said he thought it would be a good game. 

I won't apologize to Tommy for saying is a crumb of a human but if he beats Justin in Danville and brings the first title to Corbin in 41 years, I will kiss his ass on a live broadcast.

Tommy should apologize to Corbin fans for having Hazard on the schedule instead of North Laurel. If they would have played North instead of Hazard, this Boyle game would be at Campbell Field. Good job, Tommy!

(11-11-2023, 03:35 PM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: I’ll admit I have read a single word of this post but I feel like a mod could merge this one with the last one and nobody would notice any difference

I've talked to a number of people around town who feel like you should change your name to KNOXVILLES WORST.

Start reading and maybe you will learn something. I speak from over six decades of experience of living in this hick town and watching self-important people meddle in football matters that shouldn't concern them. I still have a lot to say before I'm taken out out of this world with an assassin's bullet.

Stay tuned, people...

Recycled garbage.

You literally put an upside down cross on the football coach of the school you supposedly root for. You’re a grown man of “6 decades” and you act like an absolute child.
[-] The following 3 users Like KnoxvillesFinest's post:
  • Iggyfan, jax, know1
Some of y’all are absolutely ridiculous. I mean it’s actually incredible to sit and watch. He’s a human being, who coaches high school football for your school, and y’all put upside down crosses on his face and call him a you know what sucker. Cmon now. He’s coached 50 games in corbin, and he’s given you 46-4. Nobody including haddix, who i think is one of the best coaches ever in this state, got you a title or anywhere close to 46-4. I say some stuff about coaches who i think are idiots and think i could do better… but they have losing records or get beat up by bad teams. 46-4 people cmon that’s the best winning percentage IN SCHOOL HISTORY. Remember that just a decade ago you let teams like wayne, bell, Central, larue, etc take your asses to the woodshed. You know how many programs would love to have that record, play in so many finals games, and be in the running for the best team overall in the state year in and year out?? Ok you don’t like his style that wins 14 games a year, fine… all of this… y’all are complete fools.
[-] The following 4 users Like Gridiron_Raid's post:
  • jax, know1, KnoxvillesFinest, waughdaddy59
(11-11-2023, 05:32 PM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote:

Stay tuned, people...

Recycled garbage.

You literally put an upside down cross on the football coach of the school you supposedly root for. You’re a grown man of “6 decades” and you act like an absolute child.
I'm a satirist. Apparently you don't bother to read a lot of scathing satire or dark humor. To each his own.  My guess is that living in this town for seven different decades makes me a bit more knowledgeable about Corbin affairs than some rogue Knoxvillian.

(11-11-2023, 05:56 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: Some of y’all are absolutely ridiculous. I mean it’s actually incredible to sit and watch. He’s a human being, who coaches high school football for your school, and y’all put upside down crosses on his face and call him a you know what sucker. Cmon now. He’s coached 50 games in corbin, and he’s given you 46-4. Nobody including haddix, who i think is one of the best coaches ever in this state, got you a title or anywhere close to 46-4. I say some stuff about coaches who i think are idiots and think i could do better… but they have losing records or get beat up by bad teams. 46-4 people cmon that’s the best winning percentage IN SCHOOL HISTORY. Remember that just a decade ago you let teams like wayne, bell, Central, larue, etc take your asses to the woodshed. You know how many programs would love to have that record, play in so many finals games, and be in the running for the best team overall in the state year in and year out?? Ok you don’t like his style that wins 14 games a year, fine… all of this… y’all are complete fools.

I'll let Bull , 05, and some other Hound followers explain how Tommy runs up a 46-4 record(he puts a lot of stock in that kind of winning%) Take a look at those four losses. How mean REALLY good teams has Tommy beaten in his four seasons?  Me, Bull Viz, pjd, TD Hounds, and 05 would be at least 48-2 with his schedule and the players he's had.
I bet the twins play on offense some. You gotta pull everything out to win the game. I can guarantee Haddix feeds the ball to Bodner and Quisenberry and G Brown. The other Brown kid from Boyle hasn't had a good season that people predicted. His numbers aren't very good compared to the others mentioned. Greer will have to double team Quisenberry the whole game, you can't let him beat you. Corbin will have to throw the ball to beat Boyle. Running Guy 20x will not beat Boyle. You have to be able to pass the ball in order to beat Boyle.
(11-11-2023, 06:13 PM)Footballfan33 Wrote: I bet the twins play on offense some. You gotta pull everything out to win the game. I can guarantee Haddix feeds the ball to Bodner and Quisenberry and G Brown. The other Brown kid from Boyle hasn't had a good season that people predicted. His numbers aren't very good compared to the others mentioned. Greer will have to double team Quisenberry the whole game, you can't let him beat you. Corbin will have to throw the ball to beat Boyle. Running Guy 20x will not beat Boyle. You have to be able to pass the ball in order to beat Boyle.

Agree with everything you said. You are an astute football observer.

Also, let me add one thing:  DO NOT KICK THE DAMN BALL TO QUISENBERRY OR ANY OF BOYLE'S JACKRABBITS!!!  Kick it into the stands if you have to. Are you listening, Tommy?!?!?
(11-11-2023, 05:59 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Stay tuned, people...

Recycled garbage.

I'm a satirist. Apparently you don't bother to read a lot of scathing satire or dark humor. To each his own.  My guess is that living in this town for seven different decades makes me a bit more knowledgeable about Corbin affairs than some rogue Knoxvillian.

(11-11-2023, 05:56 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: Some of y’all are absolutely ridiculous. I mean it’s actually incredible to sit and watch. He’s a human being, who coaches high school football for your school, and y’all put upside down crosses on his face and call him a you know what sucker. Cmon now. He’s coached 50 games in corbin, and he’s given you 46-4. Nobody including haddix, who i think is one of the best coaches ever in this state, got you a title or anywhere close to 46-4. I say some stuff about coaches who i think are idiots and think i could do better… but they have losing records or get beat up by bad teams. 46-4 people cmon that’s the best winning percentage IN SCHOOL HISTORY. Remember that just a decade ago you let teams like wayne, bell, Central, larue, etc take your asses to the woodshed. You know how many programs would love to have that record, play in so many finals games, and be in the running for the best team overall in the state year in and year out?? Ok you don’t like his style that wins 14 games a year, fine… all of this… y’all are complete fools.

I'll let Bull , 05, and some other Hound followers explain how Tommy runs up a 46-4 record(he puts a lot of stock in that kind of winning%) Take a look at those four losses. How mean REALLY good teams has Tommy beaten in his four seasons?  Me, Bull Viz, pjd, TD Hounds, and 05 would be at least 48-2 with his schedule and the players he's had.
Dang that’s impressive, im curious why you guys didn’t get the job after jewell then? Last year he beat 3 teams that finished in the top 25 of the state in all classes. This year he’s beat 2 and FD who will prob win 6A and will be their only in state loss in 2 years. The only team that has 5 top 25 wins in the last 2 seasons is douglass. I have to say the way you act towards a guy who has the program in the best spot in 40 years means there has to be so issues off the field.
[-] The following 2 users Like Gridiron_Raid's post:
  • jax, know1
^the program is not in its best spot in 40 years. If it was there would be a trophy at the high school. They let the man who brought us back go for a man who just wants wins and don’t really care about the other stuff. It’s like having tubby smith coach our football team.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Bull got out!

Stay tuned, people...

Recycled garbage.

Felix liked your post. lol
(11-11-2023, 06:13 PM)Footballfan33 Wrote: I bet the twins play on offense some. You gotta pull everything out to win the game. I can guarantee Haddix feeds the ball to Bodner and Quisenberry and G Brown. The other Brown kid from Boyle hasn't had a good season that people predicted. His numbers aren't very good compared to the others mentioned. Greer will have to double team Quisenberry the whole game, you can't let him beat you. Corbin will have to throw the ball to beat Boyle. Running Guy 20x will not beat Boyle. You have to be able to pass the ball in order to beat Boyle.

I think you're right.
Seriously you want to "do a deep dive into the minds of these two men"

You do understand that that you are talking about 2 HS football coaches and not anyone important.

Find a hobby, go spend time with family and friends.
(11-11-2023, 07:05 PM)Hound05 Wrote: ^the program is not in its best spot in 40 years. If it was there would be a trophy at the high school. They let the man who brought us back go for a man who just wants wins and don’t really care about the other stuff. It’s like having tubby smith coach our football team.

Tubby Smith Smile  I wouldn't even rank him with Tubby, even Tubby Smith won a championship with Pitinos. 
leftovers. I'll tell anyone, Im not a Greer Fan. I'll leave that at that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • pjdoug
(11-11-2023, 09:32 PM)Iggyfan Wrote: Seriously you want to  "do a deep dive into the minds of these two men"

You do understand that that you are talking about 2 HS football coaches and not anyone important. 

Find a hobby, go spend time with family and friends.
My hobby is trolling iggy poop like you. lol

Not sure why you don't like Demauriah Brown but he is

2nd on the team in receptions
2nd on the team in receiving yards
3rd on the team in TD's
Leads the team in INT's
Has a scoop and score TD
Has a KO return for a TD

A lot of players stats look a little thin next to Quisenberry and Geo Brown has had a great second half of the season but Demauriah has had a great season.
[-] The following 2 users Like BEChargers's post:
  • Bull got out!, Glory_Days
Just my 2 cents. Coach Greer is an excellent coach. He deserves more credit than he's got. Haddix is too. Neither to this point have gotten over the hump at Corbin. Everyone wins championships at Boyle County. And he deserves a ton of credit, but he did t have to build a championship program there. It was already built. Neither coach is going to come out looking any better because they are both loaded with talent and lots of transfers that they didn't develop. Both are great coaches and have great programs.
(11-11-2023, 07:05 PM)Hound05 Wrote: ^the program is not in its best spot in 40 years. If it was there would be a trophy at the high school. They let the man who brought us back go for a man who just wants wins and don’t really care about the other stuff. It’s like having tubby smith coach our football team.
How many times in corbin history has the team went 38-2 and 46-4? People that say all they care about is wins… Dude that’s what it’s about… And yes it’s in the best spot in 40 years. They haven’t won a title in that long, and never had a run like this. Haddix was the only one and he had similar results but has not one more accomplishment than greer when wearing red. Beechwood, JC 2x, and Boyle is his only losses in 4 seasons, and his heads on a stake. I’m honestly curious if jewell and the coaches before him were crucified in this town if this is how people act. 

Being critical is one thing, down right cruel is another. i can’t help but assume that he did or said something to an important somebody that makes everyone upset. Or isn’t playing a particular grandson as much as people want but idk. 

Neither twin played offense at their previous school, and even then you got eli at TE so where do they play? Oline? I’ve seen so many people talk about this year that they need to be guys that never come off… Like why risk it honestly when all you would need them for is a goaline set.

The only players that i would consider should go both ways are carter and curry, maybe one other one. But curry in particular. If i was to look and say he has one fault as a coach, it’s not playing him at receiver and stewart as a DB. That’s it. 

Last thing, people act like he is causing the offense to fail or is holding them back. They run a no huddle quick system, that’s the worst possible offense to run if you are a control the clock passive coach like greer supposedly is. If he had ANYTHING to do with the offense, he would probably run wishbone or something. But he obviously has no input on that other than personnel. And let’s see how bad he is at what he knows… over his tenure they have allowed 12.6, 12.5, 13.5, and this year 6.3 points per game and most of that was on the JV. That’s the best defense over that four year span in the state and it isn’t really close. 

Thats my useless two cents.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gridiron_Raid's post:
  • know1
(11-12-2023, 12:34 AM)BEChargers Wrote:

Not sure why you don't like Demauriah Brown but he is

2nd on the team in receptions
2nd on the team in receiving yards
3rd on the team in TD's
Leads the team in INT's
Has a scoop and score TD
Has a KO return for a TD

A lot of players stats look a little thin next to Quisenberry and Geo Brown has had a great second half of the season but Demauriah has had a great season.

Brown is one of my favorite players to watch! When he gets the ball, he is a beast!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • back country
(11-12-2023, 04:49 AM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:
How many times in corbin history has the team went 38-2 and 46-4? People that say all they care about is wins… Dude that’s what it’s about… And yes it’s in the best spot in 40 years. They haven’t won a title in that long, and never had a run like this. Haddix was the only one and he had similar results but has not one more accomplishment than greer when wearing red. Beechwood, JC 2x, and Boyle is his only losses in 4 seasons, and his heads on a stake. I’m honestly curious if jewell and the coaches before him were crucified in this town if this is how people act. 

Being critical is one thing, down right cruel is another. i can’t help but assume that he did or said something to an important somebody that makes everyone upset. Or isn’t playing a particular grandson as much as people want but idk. 

Neither twin played offense at their previous school, and even then you got eli at TE so where do they play? Oline? I’ve seen so many people talk about this year that they need to be guys that never come off… Like why risk it honestly when all you would need them for is a goaline set.

The only players that i would consider should go both ways are carter and curry, maybe one other one. But curry in particular. If i was to look and say he has one fault as a coach, it’s not playing him at receiver and stewart as a DB. That’s it. 

Last thing, people act like he is causing the offense to fail or is holding them back. They run a no huddle quick system, that’s the worst possible offense to run if you are a control the clock passive coach like greer supposedly is. If he had ANYTHING to do with the offense, he would probably run wishbone or something. But he obviously has no input on that other than personnel. And let’s see how bad he is at what he knows… over his tenure they have allowed 12.6, 12.5, 13.5, and this year 6.3 points per game and most of that was on the JV. That’s the best defense over that four year span in the state and it isn’t really close. 

How much talent have they had in that time frame? How many points did the defense give up in state championship games? I can still remember a Chuck Smith coached offense putting on a clinic against the defensive guru.
And not long after those teams started taking us to the woodshed the coaching job became available and Tommy didn’t apply, why didn’t he apply then?  Your missing the point, no Haddix didn’t have the winning record that Greer does but we also weren’t playing Leslie Co, Hazard, or some of these others who should have never been on the schedule.  Bottom line the job wasn’t available when Greer decided he wanted it so he took it in a sneaky and deceitful way, it’s common knowledge now, that’s what people are pissed about that some of you are missing….We didn’t want him we had a coach and they ran him off period….And you can save your breath Haddix has made it abundantly clear he didn’t want to go and wouldn’t have left had they left him alone and let him coach football….

(11-12-2023, 10:01 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-12-2023, 04:49 AM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:

How much talent have they had in that time frame? How many points did the defense give up in state championship games? I can still remember a Chuck Smith coached offense putting on a clinic against the defensive guru.
I’m gonna be honest Dougie, we had a few kids out that would have absolutely helped us that game but Boyles front line that year was just insane.  I’m not a fan of Greer’s defense at all at times but I’m not sure much of anyone else could have done any better.  When the offensive line is able to get 2nd and especially 3rd level blocks consistently they’re pretty special…