Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin Twins Sign NIL Deal With Tim Short Auto Group
(11-09-2023, 03:10 PM)Waitaminute Wrote:
(11-09-2023, 01:59 PM)Corbin Wrote: Nobody says anything when Boyle County runs out there a roster full of Anderson County, Garrard Co, Lincoln Co, or Danville High kids.

Boyle doesn't give kids cars and also don't underperform.

I'm sure you know this to be a fact Mr. tater sack blower upper.
(11-09-2023, 02:52 PM)Cat Daddy Wrote: 2 Cars + 1 townhouse = 0 championships and Haddix is still Greer's daddy!

The ones with the cars haven't played in a championship yet Smile
(11-09-2023, 01:14 PM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: The flaw in doing this and building a team of transfers to win titles on the backs of NIL is that fans will always hold an asterisk beside the trophy.
Nobody is going to care if a team wins with a bunch of kids that aren’t from that area. It’s glorified travel ball and nobody celebrates AAU titles and that’s what this is.
Sure you can paint the year on your bleachers. Hang a banner. Hold a ceremony. People won’t care though.

Most all schools that compete for a state championship every single year should have an asterick. None of them have all local kids.
Lets see, there is no townhouse, they stay with their best friend, they wanted to play senior year in kentucky where the family is from. They originally went to Boyle but Haddix wasnt able to promise the Bailey kid anything. He said they were welcome but didnt want Bailey to miss an opportunity somewhere else. Bailey kids step dad is from corbin and has three kids who previously graduated from Corbin. So once Boyle was out they came down to Corbin. The Twins originally were going back to Connecticut, the mom didnt want to move back but they the kids convinced her to let them play final season with best friend. As far as getting eligible they went through proper channels and provided transcript and covid paperwork. Somerset high administration are the ones who turned over what was needed to KHSAA along with good ole Haddix speaking to KHSAA on their behalf. As far as NIL its legal and being done across the country for any stud athletes. Not sure on exact numbers but previous comments are inaccurate as far as what they received. Ill end with this, they are amazing kids they are respectful, well mannered, hard workers, very smart and have embraced Corbin. Oh one more thing, this is my first comment on here but pretty sure i read where talking about kids wouldnt be tolerated. Cry complain and place blame wherever you would like but dont try and throw shade at these kids as they are truly great young men.
[-] The following 2 users Like speaking facts's post:
  • Corbin, Fanatic42
(11-09-2023, 02:54 PM)FCSPY Wrote: Historically speaking, has Corbin always pulled a lot of transfers? Seem like as of late the better players are all from out of town.

I bet your school never has any transfers. lol
Boyle doesnt give cars and neither does Corbin, its the businesses who use these athletes as a marketing tool, but dont excuse Boyle from this conversation as they have players from florida, georgia, danville, lincoln, Garrad and Corbin on their roster.
(11-09-2023, 03:22 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-09-2023, 01:59 PM)Corbin Wrote: Nobody says anything when Boyle County runs out there a roster full of Anderson County, Garrard Co, Lincoln Co, or Danville High kids.

If Whitley would give something besides L's maybe they'd get more kids.
(11-09-2023, 03:46 PM)Waitaminute Wrote:

or maybe if they recruited more they wouldn't have L's. I just knew you'd post another stupid comment. I'm definitely psychic Smile
(11-09-2023, 03:50 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

or maybe if they recruited more they wouldn't have L's. I just knew you'd post another stupid comment. I'm definitely psychic Smile

Isn't their QB a North Laurel kid? Try again!
(11-09-2023, 03:31 PM)speaking facts Wrote: Boyle doesnt give cars and neither does Corbin, its the businesses who use these athletes as a marketing tool, but dont excuse Boyle from this conversation as they have players from florida, georgia, danville, lincoln, Garrad and Corbin on their roster.

Most of the schools that win , only supply things like housing and jobs instead of cars Smile
(11-09-2023, 03:27 PM)speaking facts Wrote: Lets see, there is no townhouse, they stay with their best friend, they wanted to play senior year in kentucky where the family is from. They originally went to Boyle but Haddix wasnt able to promise the Bailey kid anything. He said they were welcome but didnt want Bailey to miss an opportunity somewhere else. Bailey kids step dad is from corbin and has three kids who previously graduated from Corbin. So once Boyle was out they came down to Corbin. The Twins originally were going back to Connecticut, the mom didnt want to move back but they the kids convinced her to let them play final season with best friend. As far as getting eligible they went through proper channels and provided transcript and covid paperwork. Somerset high administration are the ones who turned over what was needed to KHSAA along with good ole Haddix speaking to KHSAA on their behalf. As far as NIL its legal and being done across the country for any stud athletes. Not sure on exact numbers but previous comments are inaccurate as far as what they received. Ill end with this, they are amazing kids they are respectful, well mannered, hard workers, very smart and have embraced Corbin. Oh one more thing, this is my first comment on here but pretty sure i read where talking about kids wouldnt be tolerated. Cry complain and place blame wherever you would like but dont try and throw shade at these kids as they are truly great young men.

With all of this inside information...

I will skip buying a vowel and would like to solve the puzzle. You are the stepdad mentioned above  Big Grin
[-] The following 5 users Like TheStickyBandit's post:
  • AverageJoe, Deuce8, Diogenes, Shogun, Waitaminute
(11-09-2023, 03:52 PM)Waitaminute Wrote:
(11-09-2023, 03:10 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: Boyle doesn't give kids cars and also don't underperform.

Whitley County's backup QB is a Sophomore that transferred from North Laurel. I wonder if they paid him to come South or his parents moved? Maybe he will help compete for another baseball championship. Maybe it's a new trend and Whitley County will start luring some professional athletes in. I certainly hope so Smile
(11-09-2023, 03:55 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-09-2023, 03:52 PM)Waitaminute Wrote:
(11-09-2023, 03:22 PM)pjdoug Wrote: I'm sure you know this to be a fact Mr. tater sack blower upper.

Whitley County's backup QB is a Sophomore that transferred from North Laurel. I wonder if they paid him to come South or his parents moved? Maybe he will help compete for another baseball championship. Maybe it's a new trend and Whitley County will start luring some professional athletes in. I certainly hope so Smile
Usually if a player transfers to Whitley County from Corbin or London they had originally played at Whitley County Middle School first. lol
(11-09-2023, 03:27 PM)speaking facts Wrote: Lets see, there is no townhouse, they stay with their best friend, they wanted to play senior year in kentucky where the family is from. They originally went to Boyle but Haddix wasnt able to promise the Bailey kid anything. He said they were welcome but didnt want Bailey to miss an opportunity somewhere else. Bailey kids step dad is from corbin and has three kids who previously graduated from Corbin. So once Boyle was out they came down to Corbin. The Twins originally were going back to Connecticut, the mom didnt want to move back but they the kids convinced her to let them play final season with best friend. As far as getting eligible they went through proper channels and provided transcript and covid paperwork. Somerset high administration are the ones who turned over what was needed to KHSAA along with good ole Haddix speaking to KHSAA on their behalf. As far as NIL its legal and being done across the country for any stud athletes. Not sure on exact numbers but previous comments are inaccurate as far as what they received. Ill end with this, they are amazing kids they are respectful, well mannered, hard workers, very smart and have embraced Corbin. Oh one more thing, this is my first comment on here but pretty sure i read where talking about kids wouldnt be tolerated. Cry complain and place blame wherever you would like but dont try and throw shade at these kids as they are truly great young men.
All you said on here maybe true personally I don’t know the young men your speaking about so I can’t disagree with any of that and it’s true no one should down grade any player for his choice of where he wants to attend high school but nil is legal in college but I don’t think it is in high school now if it is please send me the khsaa ruling that allows it. I think the things these young men received probably was for a college commitment which as far as I know don’t break any khsaa rules but I am sure some of these posters know more about that than I do
Are Boyles top 5 kids all from Boyle county? Did they play together their entire careers?

Just curious.
Anyone who would semi believe Justin Haddix would speak on the behalf of Corbin to get them players is on the same level as OSH. Probably worse in my opinion. OSH speaks more facts than that. Think about what you just said. Also, think about Somerset helping with paperwork and Covid paperwork. Losing a Running back.

I also don’t believe they went to Boyle or shopped around anywhere. They went straight and hopped in 2 chargers and the rest is history. No one that knows anything, is gonna believe you truly are speaking facts. Justin IS Tommy Greer, Jody Mouser, Jeremy Hart, Greg Duncum, Guy Luallen, and Wayne Mills daddy. You know it! There is you some facts. Ha ha
(11-09-2023, 02:54 PM)FCSPY Wrote: Historically speaking, has Corbin always pulled a lot of transfers? Seem like as of late the better players are all from out of town.

historically speaking, that’s all Corbin has done lol. It’s nothing new.

pick a roster from any year and you’ll find numerous kids that don’t live in the school district and didn’t start school there. 

Not all of this is Corbin’s fault though. For years now they’ve had reciprocal agreements with pretty much all surrounding schools to let the kids choose where they want to go. Personally I think that has killed Whitley’s numbers and definitely hurt Lynn camp and south Laurel. Can’t blame Corbin if other schools are okay with kids from their district are going other places. Just my opinion. 
However, I also believe in school choice so I’m okay with it. But there’s no reason to act like these are all Corbin area kids. I’d wager quite a few of them live outside the district.
Someone look up Taylor’s rentals and see if the Rb and twins live in it. Locals know.

Where is OSH and 64 sur at?
(11-09-2023, 04:04 PM)Patriot1 Wrote:
All you said on here maybe true personally I don’t know the young men your speaking about so I can’t disagree with any of that and it’s true no one should down grade any player for his choice of where he wants to attend high school but nil is legal in college but I don’t think it is in high school now if it is please send me the khsaa ruling that allows it. I think the things these young men received probably was for a college commitment which as far as I know don’t break any khsaa rules but I am sure some of these posters know more about that than I do
you can start receiving NIL money while in high school, not sure if you have to be a senior or not but its allowed. Reed from north laurel was making money last year. just google it, all the info is there.
[-] The following 1 user Likes speaking facts's post:
  • Patriot1
(11-09-2023, 04:28 PM)HighViz Wrote: Anyone who would semi believe Justin Haddix would speak on the behalf of Corbin to get them players is on the same level as OSH. Probably worse in my opinion. OSH speaks more facts than that. Think about what you just said. Also, think about Somerset helping with paperwork and Covid paperwork.  Losing a Running back.

I also don’t believe they went to Boyle or shopped around anywhere.  They went straight and hopped in 2 chargers and the rest is history.  No one that knows anything, is gonna believe you truly are speaking facts.  Justin IS Tommy Greer, Jody Mouser, Jeremy Hart, Greg Duncum, Guy Luallen, and Wayne Mills daddy.  You know it!  There is you some facts. Ha ha
well you are wrong on all levels, no chargers, no townhouse. Yes somerset turned over transcripts per KHSAA, they had to not because they wanted to. Yes ask Haddix yourself, he spoke up for the KIDS,

I do, if it wasn’t for Anderson, garrad, and Danville, Boyle would be in trouble.
(11-09-2023, 03:54 PM)TheStickyBandit Wrote:

With all of this inside information...

I will skip buying a vowel and would like to solve the puzzle. You are the stepdad mentioned above  Big Grin
Danny is that you ?????
(11-09-2023, 06:33 PM)AverageJoe Wrote: Someone look up Taylor’s rentals and see if the Rb and twins live in it. Locals know.

Where is OSH and 64 sur at?

Just wondering if Tim Short is giving out super fan NIL deals.  I sure could use gas money to Boyle county games
[-] The following 3 users Like 64SUR's post:
  • AverageJoe, Bull got out!, pjdoug
(11-09-2023, 08:03 PM)FCSPY Wrote:

I do, if it wasn’t for Anderson, garrad, and Danville, Boyle would be in trouble.

Is there someone on this years team from Anderson?  I don’t really know. 

Gillis from Haddix’ first two seasons was. But the reason for the move was his mother married a Boyle resident and grad. You can take that to the bank. 

I think Sage Dawson lives in the County and always has. He attended Danville his Freshman year but was out of Danville district. 

I know of the origins of Quussenberry, and the Browns. Also, I think a lineman came from the Ads this year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hatz's post:
  • Rebel55
Honestly the things that are being said in this Thread are Terrible and pure Slanderous and defamatory to these Young Men and Corbin HS. I believe that this POST should be DELETED and or Locked at the very least with a lot of the Comments moderated and removed.
(11-09-2023, 04:28 PM)HighViz Wrote: Anyone who would semi believe Justin Haddix would speak on the behalf of Corbin to get them players is on the same level as OSH. Probably worse in my opinion. OSH speaks more facts than that. Think about what you just said. Also, think about Somerset helping with paperwork and Covid paperwork.  Losing a Running back.

I also don’t believe they went to Boyle or shopped around anywhere.  They went straight and hopped in 2 chargers and the rest is history.  No one that knows anything, is gonna believe you truly are speaking facts.  Justin IS Tommy Greer, Jody Mouser, Jeremy Hart, Greg Duncum, Guy Luallen, and Wayne Mills daddy.  You know it!  There is you some facts. Ha ha

He's too young to be Bad Moon Rising's daddy Smile
(11-09-2023, 04:35 PM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote:

pick a roster from any year and you’ll find numerous kids that don’t live in the school district and didn’t start school there. 

Not all of this is Corbin’s fault though. For years now they’ve had reciprocal agreements with pretty much all surrounding schools to let the kids choose where they want to go. Personally I think that has killed Whitley’s numbers and definitely hurt Lynn camp and south Laurel. Can’t blame Corbin if other schools are okay with kids from their district are going other places. Just my opinion. 
However, I also believe in school choice so I’m okay with it. But there’s no reason to act like these are all Corbin area kids. I’d wager quite a few of them live outside the district.

Oak Grove Elementary and Whitley County Middle School have been two of Corbin's best  feeder schools.
(11-09-2023, 11:00 PM)Fanatic42 Wrote: Honestly the things that are being said in this Thread are Terrible and pure Slanderous and defamatory to these Young Men and Corbin HS. I believe that this POST should be DELETED and or Locked at the very least with a lot of the Comments moderated and removed.
I don’t think anything negatively  about these young men was  stated.  If so.. the mod team would have shit it down asap.  

I think this discussion is more about 

-twins going to Corbin (via Somerset/friend/Rb) 
-getting eligible if flipped to uk 
-Tim short Cars and house from a board member. 

Not sure what’s wrong with a public discussion board addressing the above concerns ^. 

Am I missing something here ?
(11-09-2023, 11:00 PM)Fanatic42 Wrote: Honestly the things that are being said in this Thread are Terrible and pure Slanderous and defamatory to these Young Men and Corbin HS. I believe that this POST should be DELETED and or Locked at the very least with a lot of the Comments moderated and removed.

It’s only slander if it’s not true, so call out what is being said that is not true.
(11-09-2023, 11:36 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-09-2023, 04:35 PM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote:

Oak Grove Elementary and Whitley County Middle School have been two of Corbin's best  feeder schools.

the day they put the Corbin primary school where they did should have been an automatic wake up call of what was to come.
I expect Corbin to have a bigger enrollment than Whitley within the next decade