Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin Twins Sign NIL Deal With Tim Short Auto Group
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The two transfer studs at Corbin got a big NIL deal today with Tim Short.
Don’t think it was today. Check the kid on the lefts necklace. Rocking the big Michigan M. Tim Short is what kept them in Corbin.
They already had cars. What do they get now?
Lol. High school football as we know it is dead.

Congrats
This is what got them to Corbin. What got them to KY? Khsaa may want to not let this picture get out.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m glad kids can play the game. But. This photo tells the story in a new light. Ha ha ha
From the picture it looks like it was taken in the summer like some above have said. Another reason I believe that it the one on the left in the picture is still wearing a Michigan necklace and they announced coming to Kentucky after the game vs. Douglass on Sept. 15th.
They got paid before they ever enrolled at Corbin lol.
am i dumb or do i not see a photo?
Picture is on FB and X(formerly Twitter)
Show me the money

Where the Tommy Train at here on this post. Crickets! Come on Redhound faithful!

The picture was obviously made in the early summer. They are fit with diamond Michigan necklace. Handed the keys to vehicles. They flipped to UK week 5. Signed NIL deal 11/7/23. The fools in this town astonish me. Atleast take a new picture in UK blue with a UK necklace.

Found some Covid paperwork about the same time this picture was taken.

It’s either this, or Big Dawg and Stoops better be getting down here and flipping them back.
Heard from several people in corbin this kids were paid for. Seems to be the common assumption

where did the pic go?
I haven’t seen the pic but I don’t need to in order to know there are some salty hypocrites out there who would be jumping with joy if those boys came to your school.

Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t the twins used to live with the RB who was already moved and transferred to Corbin by the time they moved back to KY? If so where else would they be expected to go to school if they planned to live with the RB again?

On another note, even if they do have NIL deals, is that not perfectly legal in KY nowadays?
It's been fun getting to watch the youngsters play. Glad they got to come here and display their talents. Hope they make waves in the SEC next season.

(11-08-2023, 05:46 PM)fansville Wrote: [ -> ]I haven’t seen the pic but I don’t need to in order to know there are some salty hypocrites out there who would be jumping with joy if those boys came to your school.

Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t the twins used to live with the RB who was already moved and transferred to Corbin by the time they moved back to KY? If so where else would they be expected to go to school if they planned to live with the RB again?

On another note, even if they do have NIL deals, is that not perfectly legal in KY nowadays?

Not a school anywhere in the state that wouldn't have done whatever to have them come and play for their school.
Heard OSH and Taylor got them a townhome. Bob got them some cars. PAY TO PLAY BABY. NEW WORLD ORDER.
(11-08-2023, 05:46 PM)fansville Wrote: [ -> ]I haven’t seen the pic but I don’t need to in order to know there are some salty hypocrites out there who would be jumping with joy if those boys came to your school.

You are absolutely correct.  No team in Ky would turn them down.  

Problem is, not many teams can give them a car each to come. I don’t know another team honestly that could/would do that.   

You are misunderstanding that.  Where is the hypocrisy in that? This picture was taken well before any NIL deal.
If Corbin is in the business of try to buy the players to get them a state title, why did they stop there? Why didn't they get a few more players to ensure they could beat Boyle Co or did getting these 2 players break the bank?
Heard David’s Steakhouse Buffet gave them 2 meals per day as well with the Short Deal.
Not sure when the deal was made but it has been in the 70’s for the past week. Also in the article, it states that the vehicles aren’t specified. The trucks were likely just props for photo shoot.

Also, last year, Reed Sheppard had several NIL deals and did commercials/radio spots. I remember white greed maggard orthadontics specifically. I’m not a fan of NIL, but it’s well within the rules in todays age.
My dad always told me "it's better to keep your mouth shut and everyone assume you're and idiot than to open your mouth and prove it". So...I usually don't open my mouth when I have limited knowledge of a situation. But, if these two young men were drawn to a school with the promise of automobiles, etc. then whatever the heck a NIL deal is doesn't have a place in high school athletics. I don't know anything about Reed Sheppard but if he was drawn to North Laurel with material promises then that was also wrong. I think he had been there for a while so I don't believe that was the case but again, I may wrong and also an idiot for ignoring my dad's advice.
(11-09-2023, 10:09 AM)i82much Wrote: [ -> ]My dad always told me "it's better to keep your mouth shut and everyone assume you're and idiot than to open your mouth and prove it".  So...I usually don't open my mouth when I have limited knowledge of a situation.  But, if these two young men were drawn to a school with the promise of automobiles, etc. then whatever the heck a NIL deal is doesn't have a place in high school athletics. I don't know anything about Reed Sheppard but if he was drawn to North Laurel with material promises then that was also wrong. I think he had been there for a while so I don't believe that was the case but again, I may wrong and also an idiot for ignoring my dad's advice.

I think I love your dad!!!
Reed compared to the twins is apples to oranges. Reed is someone who had went to NL his whole life and profited off of NIL in his hometown at his home school.

The twins were given vehicles and covid papers were created and strings pulled by Stoops and Co. to get them eligible so they could flip and would come to Corbin. They didn't go on tours to any other schools. It was a done deal.
(11-09-2023, 09:46 AM)Corbin Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure when the deal was made but it has been in the 70’s for the past week. Also in the article, it states that the vehicles aren’t specified. The trucks were likely just props for photo shoot.

Also, last year, Reed Sheppard had several NIL deals and did commercials/radio spots. I remember white greed maggard orthadontics specifically. I’m not a fan of NIL, but it’s well within the rules in todays age.
Hey Dave/Tom!  Ha ha ha

Even if you aren’t either, that sounds exactly like what would come from their mouth.  The picture tells the story. I already knew the story. Just aggravated that they were dumb enuf to put it in the news. Also, not take a new picture.  The old hounds just try to run it over ya, make you like it, and lie while they do it.  As for the kids, I’m glad they came. But it stings a bit when we have to promise them cars in the deal.  Had they got chargers the day they signed the NIL deal. It would have been a tad different.
(11-09-2023, 08:38 AM)Westside Wrote: [ -> ]If Corbin is in the business of try to buy the players to get them a state title, why did they stop there?  Why didn't they get a few more players to ensure they could beat Boyle Co or did getting these 2 players break the bank?

Good question Smile
(11-09-2023, 09:33 AM)Diablo Wrote: [ -> ]Heard David’s Steakhouse Buffet gave them 2 meals per day as well with the Short Deal.

I don't think I've ever seen them there Smile
The flaw in doing this and building a team of transfers to win titles on the backs of NIL is that fans will always hold an asterisk beside the trophy.
Nobody is going to care if a team wins with a bunch of kids that aren’t from that area. It’s glorified travel ball and nobody celebrates AAU titles and that’s what this is.
Sure you can paint the year on your bleachers. Hang a banner. Hold a ceremony. People won’t care though.
Nobody says anything when Boyle County runs out there a roster full of Anderson County, Garrard Co, Lincoln Co, or Danville High kids.
2 Cars + 1 townhouse = 0 championships and Haddix is still Greer's daddy!
Historically speaking, has Corbin always pulled a lot of transfers? Seem like as of late the better players are all from out of town.
(11-09-2023, 01:59 PM)Corbin Wrote: [ -> ]Nobody says anything when Boyle County runs out there a roster full of Anderson County, Garrard Co, Lincoln Co, or Danville High kids.

Boyle doesn't give kids cars and also don't underperform.
Pages: 1 2 3