Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paris at Sayre 11-10
The Madden playbook didn’t work so well for Paris.
(11-10-2023, 11:51 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote:
(11-07-2023, 01:09 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: I’ll be very interested in this game.  I’m a big fan of Coach Pennington, absolutely love what he’s done at that program in such a short time. Their strugglish (if that’s a word) game with Eminence is puzzling to me. I’m not sure what to make of it and the fact that they’ve played a pretty soft schedule and I get it why. It’s nice to continue to build wins and confidence in a young team and really a young program. Paris showed they have potential by playing closely with Raceland for quite some time and had a nice win over Rockcastle and also dominated that same Eminence team.  This game could either be very close or Paris maybe shows they are the real deal and handles Sayre convincingly.
I’m just not sold either way on this game, but like I said I’m highly interested to see how it goes. Good luck to both teams on an injury free game and possibly playing for a Regional Championship in a week from now.
Told you guys coaching matter! 
Sayre is one huge win away from becoming very relevant in the 1A landscape. Can that win come next week?
I think Sayre is a team that will test Raceland and isn’t a team to sleep on.  On paper Raceland should win but I can see it being a relatively close game.
(11-10-2023, 11:57 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote:
(11-07-2023, 01:09 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: I’ll be very interested in this game.  I’m a big fan of Coach Pennington, absolutely love what he’s done at that program in such a short time. Their strugglish (if that’s a word) game with Eminence is puzzling to me. I’m not sure what to make of it and the fact that they’ve played a pretty soft schedule and I get it why. It’s nice to continue to build wins and confidence in a young team and really a young program. Paris showed they have potential by playing closely with Raceland for quite some time and had a nice win over Rockcastle and also dominated that same Eminence team.  This game could either be very close or Paris maybe shows they are the real deal and handles Sayre convincingly.
I’m just not sold either way on this game, but like I said I’m highly interested to see how it goes. Good luck to both teams on an injury free game and possibly playing for a Regional Championship in a week from now.
Sayre is one huge win away from becoming very relevant in the 1A landscape. Can that win come next week?
I think Sayre is a team that will test Raceland and isn’t a team to sleep on.  On paper Raceland should win but I can see it being a relatively close game.
Blaze have you ever been to Sayres field they don’t have much sitting so take a chair and that’s a grass field unless it’s changed from 2 years ago I know Raceland travels well so I was just letting you know
[-] The following 1 user Likes Patriot1's post:
  • Orange Blaze
(11-11-2023, 12:10 AM)Patriot1 Wrote:
(11-10-2023, 11:57 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote:
Blaze have you ever been to Sayres field they don’t have much sitting so take a chair and that’s a grass field unless it’s changed from 2 years ago I know Raceland travels well so I was just letting you know
Thank you for the heads up! I’ve never been there and wouldn’t have known.
Next week will be interesting.
Congratulations to Sayre! I was 100% wrong on this one. Now let’s see if they can exploit that Raceland secondary. If they can keep their QB upright, I think they might. And I think they have the better QB.
(11-11-2023, 10:02 AM)I Belichick Wrote: Congratulations to Sayre! I was 100% wrong on this one. Now let’s see if they can exploit that Raceland secondary. If they can keep their QB upright, I think they might. And I think they have the better QB.
Keeping Raceland out of the backfield will prove to be the key to Sayre being successful against Raceland.  I agree they have receivers that can give the Rams fits but I’m not sure how Sayre be able to handle Raceland’s physical play. Tough scheduling will show itself in this game.  Raceland will be the most physical team Sayre has seen all year but Sayre will be far from the most physical Raceland has seen.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Orange Blaze's post:
  • Belichick
(11-11-2023, 10:24 AM)Orange Blaze Wrote:
(11-11-2023, 10:02 AM)I Belichick Wrote: Congratulations to Sayre! I was 100% wrong on this one. Now let’s see if they can exploit that Raceland secondary. If they can keep their QB upright, I think they might. And I think they have the better QB.
Keeping Raceland out of the backfield will prove to be the key to Sayre being successful against Raceland.  I agree they have receivers that can give the Rams fits but I’m not sure how Sayre be able to handle Raceland’s physical play. Tough scheduling will show itself in this game.  Raceland will be the most physical team Sayre has seen all year but Sayre will be far from the most physical Raceland has seen.
Spot on. I think Raceland wins unless they beat themselves.  I just don’t know how well Sayre can stop the Rams rushing attack and how much time they can give their QB. But this game is more interesting now than a few weeks ago. Sayre had a very weak schedule.  Paris was the toughest competition they’d seen this year and they passed the test and looked good doing so.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Belichick's post:
  • Orange Blaze