Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paris at Sayre 11-10
10-1 Paris at 11-0 Sayre.  Paris is ranked 4th in the RPI and Sayre is ranked 5th.  Who you got?
Paris by 2-3 scores, hate to compare common opponents but Sayre struggled against Eminence and Paris put a running clock up in that game last week. 

Paris 42
Sayre 22
[-] The following 1 user Likes Colonel4Life1999's post:
  • DangerMouse
This should the highest game score in the state this week

Paris 56’
Sayre 49
Paris 41, Sayre 28
This one can go either way...
paris 36 sayre 18
I have absolutely no idea what to think about this one. I think Paris is better from a player stand point, but I think Sayre is better coached. If it’s close at the end, I like Sayre chances. But idk if they can stop Paris playmakers
Paris 21
Sayre 14
Give me my sleeper Sayre.
Greyhounds Double up Sayre on the Scoreboard.
Paris athletes are going to be difficult matchup for Sayre. Sayre has also played a very weak schedule. Big step up in competition and while they have a great QB and talented WR, it won’t matter if they can’t block or run on offense or gets stops on defense. I think Paris will blow them out if they don’t beat themselves with foolish penalties and stay disciplined.
Does it really matter who wins this game?
I think Paris wins
(11-07-2023, 12:15 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: Does it really matter who wins this game?

It matters enough for you to come read the thread.
[-] The following 4 users Like Glory_Days's post:
  • Belichick, jetpilot, statmanchad, Westside
(11-07-2023, 12:15 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: Does it really matter who wins this game?

I think it matters for your travel plans next week. Enjoy that road game. I think Sayre can do exactly what will hurt Raceland. They have a passing game and that secondary is suspect. I don’t think they can keep their QB upright enough to matter but if so, they will exploit you back there. Can they stop you on defense? Doubtful, although if they can stop the run, Rams are there for the taking. Paris has some athletes and whether you like it or not, it was 14-7 in 3rd quarter at Raceland. I think they can cause Raceland problems also. Raceland is far better than both teams but it won’t be a cakewalk. They’ll have to show up. KCD could pose a bigger problem for them in semis. Mobile fast QB with athletic WRs. Definitely paper tiger RPI manipulators but they can cause some problems for Raceland especially if they are looking past them to Kroger. We’ll need a boat around here to float on yours and Ramdad’s tears if they don’t win it all this year.

Well there are some similarities in Sayre and Raceland ... both programs have the same amount Football State Championships.  The only issues I see is that Sayre has been playing football for about 6 years and their fans don't live on message boards pretending that their football program, WHO HAS MADE 1 STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME EVER (and were throttled),  is the 2000s Patriots.  As for the Greyhounds and Rams well they both wear Orange and Black but their history isn't comparable.  

I'm not sure why Raceland fans run around here so cocky when the program has been mediocre at best for the last 95 years.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HSFOOTBALL's post:
  • Deuce8
I’ll be very interested in this game. I’m a big fan of Coach Pennington, absolutely love what he’s done at that program in such a short time. Their strugglish (if that’s a word) game with Eminence is puzzling to me. I’m not sure what to make of it and the fact that they’ve played a pretty soft schedule and I get it why. It’s nice to continue to build wins and confidence in a young team and really a young program. Paris showed they have potential by playing closely with Raceland for quite some time and had a nice win over Rockcastle and also dominated that same Eminence team. This game could either be very close or Paris maybe shows they are the real deal and handles Sayre convincingly.
I’m just not sold either way on this game, but like I said I’m highly interested to see how it goes. Good luck to both teams on an injury free game and possibly playing for a Regional Championship in a week from now.
(11-07-2023, 12:01 PM)HSFOOTBALL Wrote:

Well there are some similarities in Sayre and Raceland ... both programs have the same amount Football State Championships.  The only issues I see is that Sayre has been playing football for about 6 years and their fans don't live on message boards pretending that their football program, WHO HAS MADE 1 STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME EVER (and were throttled),  is the 2000s Patriots.  As for the Greyhounds and Rams well they both wear Orange and Black but their history isn't comparable.  

I'm not sure why Raceland fans run around here so cocky when the program has been mediocre at best for the last 95 years.
2 championships games and got throttled in both. Het your facts straight. Must be a fan of a team we have crushed or a team we are going to crush
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAM-A-DEVIL's post:
  • Willie Nelson
(11-07-2023, 02:19 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:

2 championships games and got throttled in both. Het your facts straight. Must be a fan of a team we have crushed or a team we are going to crush

As long as we can agree on mediocrity. Thank the football gods McPeek got caught at Fairview or your Rams would be Fairview. 

Just a long time fan of High School football.
(11-07-2023, 02:54 PM)HSFOOTBALL Wrote:

As long as we can agree on mediocrity. Thank the football gods McPeek got caught at Fairview or your Rams would be Fairview. 

Imagine a mediocre team making your butt sore hahahah. That’s great…..at least we are doing something right….making you cry like a punk haha

This is a very interesting game. Would love to see Paris have some kind of discipline and structure but that’s something that has to be worked on in the off season. I’m going with Paris in this one.

I knew it! A butt hurt local!
Paris wins 35-28
(11-08-2023, 03:14 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:

I knew it! A butt hurt local!
Well not sure what I would have to be butt hurt over, I have no allegiance here or for anyone on the Rams' schedule.  In fact I didn't know much about Raceland at all other than they were a smaller school in North Eastern Kentucky.  I did a little research expecting to find some dominant force in mountain football throughout the history of time and all I found was a few district titles and a couple of recent trips to commonwealth.  The way you guys talk I would've thought your history rivaled the Pikeville's and Belfry's of Eastern Kentucky.  When I found what I found I chuckled a little.  I'm also not sure what you believe I'm local to.  

Either way I admire your trust and belief in your average football school.   That passion is hard to find this day and age.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HSFOOTBALL's post:
  • Deuce8
What’s it like to wake up everyday an acrimonious curmudgeon with feelings of ennui?
Bahahahahahah

And Raceland has and never will be Fairview. Even in our down years we still managed to field a roster of 30+ kids.
If you’re going to the game you better get your tickets. Cause once they gone they gone.. GoFan.com
(11-07-2023, 09:46 AM)Belichick Wrote:

I think it matters for your travel plans next week. Enjoy that road game. I think Sayre can do exactly what will hurt Raceland. They have a passing game and that secondary is suspect. I don’t think they can keep their QB upright enough to matter but if so, they will exploit you back there. Can they stop you on defense? Doubtful, although if they can stop the run, Rams are there for the taking. Paris has some athletes and whether you like it or not, it was 14-7 in 3rd quarter at Raceland. I think they can cause Raceland problems also. Raceland is far better than both teams but it won’t be a cakewalk. They’ll have to show up. KCD could pose a bigger problem for them in semis. Mobile fast QB with athletic WRs. Definitely paper tiger RPI manipulators but they can cause some problems for Raceland especially if they are looking past them to Kroger. We’ll need a boat around here to float on yours and Ramdad’s tears if they don’t win it all this year.
Raceland is battle tested where Sayre isn't this is where a strong schedule prepares you for the post season raceland would put a running clock on sayre
[-] The following 1 user Likes Advicegiver74's post:
  • Willie Nelson
(11-09-2023, 09:08 AM)Advicegiver74 Wrote:
(11-07-2023, 09:46 AM)Belichick Wrote:

Raceland is battle tested where Sayre isn't this is where a strong schedule prepares you for the post season raceland would put a running clock on sayre
I agree.  Sayre’s schedule is the weakest of anyone in the top 6 RPI but their ability to throw would test Raceland’s weakest position group.  Unfortunately for Sayre, the other position groups on that defense play too.  I don’t think it matters because Raceland will be traveling to Paris next week barring a collapse by either.
I think this will be a close game.  I'll take Paris.
(11-07-2023, 01:09 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: I’ll be very interested in this game.  I’m a big fan of Coach Pennington, absolutely love what he’s done at that program in such a short time. Their strugglish (if that’s a word) game with Eminence is puzzling to me. I’m not sure what to make of it and the fact that they’ve played a pretty soft schedule and I get it why. It’s nice to continue to build wins and confidence in a young team and really a young program. Paris showed they have potential by playing closely with Raceland for quite some time and had a nice win over Rockcastle and also dominated that same Eminence team.  This game could either be very close or Paris maybe shows they are the real deal and handles Sayre convincingly.
I’m just not sold either way on this game, but like I said I’m highly interested to see how it goes. Good luck to both teams on an injury free game and possibly playing for a Regional Championship in a week from now.
Told you guys coaching matter! 
Sayre is one huge win away from becoming very relevant in the 1A landscape. Can that win come next week?