Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Lawrence County
63.64%
Rockcastle County
36.36%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Lawrence County at Rockcastle County 11/10 Friday Night
There is no denying his talent and ability. He makes a lot of big plays and is fun to watch.
(11-06-2023, 08:33 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: First thing Lawrence County has a good team and I don’t know how this game will turn out but I pick Lawrence County but I do know one thing these Lawrence County posters will (if they lose) say they have a better team than the other team no matter what the score that some of this or that hadn’t happened they would have won and make more excuses than anyone I have ever seen so hopefully this is a good game and all the players come out injury free but I give to both sides in this thread you guys(or gals whichever is the case) are definitely very supportive of your team

I support the Bulldogs every chance I get. But I am about as objective as you’ll find. Watched loads of games all over and got enough perspective to put off the fan goggles.
LC was not the better team in the Belfry game and I admit as much readily. If they are bested by the Rockets, I will not only admit it, I’ll root for them as far as they can go just like I did when that great QB Aaron was slinging it on the Dawgs in the early 2000s.
[-] The following 2 users Like dbcooper's post:
  • Patriot1, ROCKSOLID69
(11-08-2023, 10:11 PM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: I am bias but I also have no problem admitting when a team is better, I just haven’t seen it yet. Valley was the better team that night, but Lawrence beat themselves and had self inflicted turnovers and played behind chains all night because of bad snaps, that’s facts. Belfry may have scored 21 points or more, but they didn’t. Lawrence played great defense all night. It was two plays, missed tackles that gave up the two touchdowns by two great players who made two great runs, that’s facts.
Also facts……despite the otherworldly talent of the LC offensive and defensive units….Belfry still beat y’all…..like we have 19 out of the last 20 times.  Turned the ball over multiple times….too the point that the vaunted LC offense had the ball the entire 2nd half in Belfry territory….but could only muster up one score against the Pirate defense.    That the facts.   Y’all don’t want to talk about that.   No credit to the Belfry defense. ….. Just those two “spectacular” plays that the Belfry RB’s broke off due to “missed tackles”

I guess LC beat themselves just like they did against Boyd and Shelby Valley.

(11-09-2023, 12:32 AM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:
(11-08-2023, 10:11 PM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: I am bias but I also have no problem admitting when a team is better, I just haven’t seen it yet. Valley was the better team that night, but Lawrence beat themselves and had self inflicted turnovers and played behind chains all night because of bad snaps, that’s facts. Belfry may have scored 21 points or more, but they didn’t. Lawrence played great defense all night. It was two plays, missed tackles that gave up the two touchdowns by two great players who made two great runs, that’s facts.
Also facts……despite the otherworldly talent of the LC offensive and defensive units….Belfry still beat y’all…..like we have 19 out of the last 20 times.  Turned the ball over multiple times….too the point that the vaunted LC offense had the ball the entire 2nd half in Belfry territory….but could only muster up one score against the Pirate defense.    That the facts.   Y’all don’t want to talk about that.   No credit to the Belfry defense. ….. Just those two “spectacular” plays that the Belfry RB’s broke off due to “missed tackles”

I guess LC beat themselves just like they did against Boyd and Shelby Valley.
BTW…..Belfry held LC to 133 total yards on 63 plays.   Fact.
[-] The following 1 user Likes OutlawJoseyWales's post:
  • Walter White
And Belfry did play great defense, there is not mistake about that. For LC to have the ball in Belfry territory and not score says a lot about the Pirates defense. I was talking about LC’s defense missing tackles which led to those touchdowns, that was it. And as for the LC offense, they have been a work in progress all season but they are starting to click at the right time. There wasn’t any “vaunt” to this offense and that’s a fact haha.

For the record, so everyone understands correctly what I’m saying. When LC lost, the opposing team was the better team that night, let that be known. With that being said, in those games LC did have a lot of mental mistakes, turnovers, and that’s why I say they beat themselves but also credit to the opposing teams for making the plays.
[-] The following 2 users Like lcgrad2002's post:
  • Patriot1, Red and Black
(11-08-2023, 11:20 PM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: I would argue that LC has never seen a qb all season with as much talent and heart as Tucker Warren has. However as everyone like to state that’s just opinion. So I do you one better here is his career numbers which are that of very few qb to ever play the game in the state KY. His career numbers are as follows:
6,000 passing yards
3,000 rushing yards
109 TDs 67 passing 42 rushing
Has accounted for td scores in 41/42 games. All while having a high 61% completion rate. Hard to argue his numbers and how special of a kid he really is and what a difference he makes for the Rockets. Add two wide receivers this year whom both have over 700 yards that’s what makes our offense so special but just hand tight only two more days an all this will get settled.
Larkey, moore, and jackson could all have 1000 yard seasons if not all on the same team, and their qb loves to scramble and run which takes even more touches away. If rock had a line, they would be right there in the title convo IMO.

(11-09-2023, 07:52 AM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: And Belfry did play great defense, there is not mistake about that. For LC to have the ball in Belfry territory and not score says a lot about the Pirates defense. I was talking about LC’s defense missing tackles which led to those touchdowns, that was it. And as for the LC offense, they have been a work in progress all season but they are starting to click at the right time. There wasn’t any “vaunt” to this offense and that’s a fact haha.

For the record, so everyone understands correctly what I’m saying. When LC lost, the opposing team was the better team that night, let that be known. With that being said, in those games LC did have a lot of mental mistakes, turnovers, and that’s why I say they beat themselves but also credit to the opposing teams for making the plays.
not arguing but the offense isn’t really clicking IMO. I would say to have a good offense, you score more points and have more yards on each team you play in comparison to their opponents on average. LC has only done that once or twice all year. They scored 20 on mason who allows 19 and a half on an easy schedule outside of the one cov cath game. The 43 on knox looks great… until you realize they allow 35 a game after playing against an abysmal Scott tn and giving up 3 points or it would be higher. I would say that’s who they played over how they played.
And as I said the offense is clicking, meaning that it wasn’t earlier on in the season so I agree. And it has 100 percent been on how they played opposed to who they played.
(11-09-2023, 03:37 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:
(11-08-2023, 11:20 PM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: I would argue that LC has never seen a qb all season with as much talent and heart as Tucker Warren has. However as everyone like to state that’s just opinion. So I do you one better here is his career numbers which are that of very few qb to ever play the game in the state KY. His career numbers are as follows:
6,000 passing yards
3,000 rushing yards
Has accounted for td scores in 41/42 games. All while having a high 61% completion rate. Hard to argue his numbers and how special of a kid he really is and what a difference he makes for the Rockets. Add two wide receivers this year whom both have over 700 yards that’s what makes our offense so special but just hand tight only two more days an all this will get settled.
Larkey, moore, and jackson could all have 1000 yard seasons if not all on the same team, and their qb loves to scramble and run which takes even more touches away. If rock had a line, they would be right there in the title convo IMO.

(11-09-2023, 07:52 AM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: And Belfry did play great defense, there is not mistake about that. For LC to have the ball in Belfry territory and not score says a lot about the Pirates defense. I was talking about LC’s defense missing tackles which led to those touchdowns, that was it. And as for the LC offense, they have been a work in progress all season but they are starting to click at the right time. There wasn’t any “vaunt” to this offense and that’s a fact haha.

not arguing but the offense isn’t really clicking IMO. I would say to have a good offense, you score more points and have more yards on each team you play in comparison to their opponents on average. LC has only done that once or twice all year. They scored 20 on mason who allows 19 and a half on an easy schedule outside of the one cov cath game. The 43 on knox looks great… until you realize they allow 35 a game after playing against an abysmal Scott tn and giving up 3 points or it would be higher. I would say that’s who they played over how they played.
You also are talking about a team that had no play under center up until a couple games ago. So try not to compare a young team from the first game to the last!! Know for as bad as mistakes the offense has had, they are still playing in mid november!! "God Bless" 
They play in less than 23 hours from now and we shall see who the better team is!! No excuses,no complaining. 
Both teams have chances, 
But let the kids and coaches do the talking.
I'm sure both teams want to advance, but they just need to be focused on this game for now. Nothing in the past, nothing in the future, THISS WEEEEK
(11-09-2023, 10:41 PM)Senters_93 Wrote:
6,000 passing yards
3,000 rushing yards

You also are talking about a team that had no play under center up until a couple games ago. So try not to compare a young team from the first game to the last!! Know for as bad as mistakes the offense has had, they are still playing in mid november!! "God Bless" 
They play in less than 23 hours from now and we shall see who the better team is!! No excuses,no complaining. 
Both teams have chances, 
I'm sure both teams want to advance, but they just need to be focused on this game for now. Nothing in the past, nothing in the future, THISS WEEEEK
I just have one question for you and it’s not about this game do you watch D&D sports? I alway watch it and enjoy it now I don’t agree with them all the time but it is a good thing for the young men that play in the mountains.
(11-09-2023, 11:26 PM)Patriot1 Wrote:
(11-09-2023, 10:41 PM)Senters_93 Wrote:
6,000 passing yards
3,000 rushing yards

Both teams have chances, 
I just have one question for you and it’s not about this game do you watch D&D sports? I alway watch it and enjoy it now I don’t agree with them all the time but it is a good thing for the young men that play in the mountains.
Yea I'm always watching crunch time
[-] The following 1 user Likes Senters_93's post:
  • Patriot1
I'll take the Dawgs.
See everyone tonight! Have a safe trip down wish both teams to play injury free game tonight!
Let’s go Rock!
Rock wins 35-21
(11-05-2023, 07:30 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: the best 5 players lc has faced all year will be on the field friday night for rock if healthy. LC will have to control the clock to stay in it. Everyone says it is a great defense but looking at the schedule, the only teams with a pulse they lost. and none of them have rock caliber speed.

Rockets 42-20
Just bookmarking this for potential use later.

As for the game... 
Lawrence will give Rockcastle some resistance. The Bulldogs are very stout in their Front 7 on defense and will have an advantage at the LOS on both sides of the ball.

With that said, Rockcastle will have more athleticism, team speed, and ability to break a big play. 

Lawrence struggles to score points against defenses with even the slightest amount of team speed and athleticism. When it is a mud fight they will use their size and strength to win the game (see Knox Central) but Lawrence is simply not equipped to hurt you with chunk yardage. Rock's defense is well.... not great. I think LC should get a few scores and keep it tight, but if Rcok can get a lead it will be very hard for LC to make up ground.

I will say Rock 34-20. I know noone wants this to be a cold, wet, and slippery game more than LC though.
(11-05-2023, 07:30 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: the best 5 players lc has faced all year will be on the field friday night for rock if healthy. LC will have to control the clock to stay in it. Everyone says it is a great defense but looking at the schedule, the only teams with a pulse they lost. and none of them have rock caliber speed.

Rockets 42-20
This take is beyond laughable. The same best 5 players that led rock to an astounding 4-7 season last year?
(11-10-2023, 01:22 PM)Walter White Wrote:

Rockets 42-20
This take is beyond laughable. The same best 5 players that led rock to an astounding 4-7 season last year?
And your comment shows you know nothing about Rock football this year. When we changed QBs to Tucker it change Caleb to WR which is probably the fastest kid on the field. Not to mention he was hurt last year along with most of the other guys were referring to.
(11-10-2023, 02:22 PM)SmashMouth17 Wrote:

Rockets 42-20
And your comment shows you know nothing about Rock football this year. When we changed QBs to Tucker it change Caleb to WR which is probably the fastest kid on the field. Not to mention he was hurt last year along with most of the other guys were referring to.
And all of your comments show that you have such a bias for Rockcastle that you all think you’re world beaters. Might as well skip 3A and go straight to the SEC, oh and from what I hear all your skill players are so fast they should try out to the USA track team! I’m all for being confident and prideful of your team but man, you all are acting like Rockcastle is some unbeatable machine.
(11-10-2023, 10:26 AM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: See everyone tonight! Have a safe trip down wish both teams to play injury free game tonight!
Let’s go Rock!
Thanks. See the rock in a few hours. You all got a dang cool quarry in town it looks like!!. Not sure the name of it

Rockets 42-20
???

(11-10-2023, 03:07 PM)Senters_93 Wrote:
(11-10-2023, 10:26 AM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: See everyone tonight! Have a safe trip down wish both teams to play injury free game tonight!
Let’s go Rock!
Thanks. See the rock in a few hours. You all got a dang cool quarry in town it looks like!!. Not sure the name of it

Rockets 42-20
???
I sent smiley faces not question marks lmao
(11-10-2023, 02:34 PM)Walter White Wrote:

Rockets 42-20
And all of your comments show that you have such a bias for Rockcastle that you all think you’re world beaters. Might as well skip 3A and go straight to the SEC, oh and from what I hear all your skill players are so fast they should try out to the USA track team! I’m all for being confident and prideful of your team but man, you all are acting like Rockcastle is some unbeatable machine.
Not my fault you can’t understand how I am saying something on here i in no way come off as bragging or implying anything just state my opinion take it or leave it makes me no difference. I do however find it funny that certain ppl can hear something I say one way and someone else a total different way but it all gets settle in a few hours enjoy the game and atmosphere if you come if your not a fan of Rock or LC why get so defensive in the first place at what either fan base says? Just enjoy a great football game bc i can promise you that is exactly what you will get in just a few short hours! Safe travels to all who is coming a let’s do it already! Go Rock!
(11-10-2023, 04:39 PM)SmashMouth17 Wrote:
(11-10-2023, 02:34 PM)Walter White Wrote:

Rockets 42-20
Not my fault you can’t understand how I am saying something on here i in no way come off as bragging or implying anything just state my opinion take it or leave it makes me no difference. I do however find it funny that certain ppl can hear something  I say one way and someone else a total different way but it all gets settle in a few hours enjoy the game and atmosphere if you come if your not a fan of Rock or LC why get so defensive in the first place at what either fan base says? Just enjoy a great football game bc i can promise you that is exactly what you will get in just a few short hours! Safe travels to all who is coming a let’s do it already! Go Rock!
See you shortly. Lc team should be pulling into the rock stadium just about anytime now

Rockets 42-20
I’ve watched rock 3 times this year, and twice in the rain. You have to have multiple guys that can cover and tackle in space to guard them. 3 receivers that can get open, run crazy fast, and break tackles on the same team is the recipe for success. There’s probably 2 or 3 teams in 3A that have the guys to guard them and have the line to dominate up front where rock is the weakest and they are probably CAL Central and Mercer, who are my title favorites. 

PS Tucker moved to rock this year and was the best QB in the WYMT area other than Elam at corbin. They moved one of the best athletes in the state in moore to receiver and larkey out of the backfield as much. And playcalling is so much different. So the 4-7 team is not even comparable. I will backtrack a little as say that caden woolum at Belfry can be put in those top 5 guys. 

PSS laugh all you want but i’m still right.
(11-10-2023, 05:00 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:

Rockets 42-20
I’ve watched rock 3 times this year, and twice in the rain. You have to have multiple guys that can cover and tackle in space to guard them. 3 receivers that can get open, run crazy fast, and break tackles on the same team is the recipe for success. There’s probably 2 or 3 teams in 3A that have the guys to guard them and have the line to dominate up front where rock is the weakest and they are probably CAL Central and Mercer, who are my title favorites. 

PS Tucker moved to rock this year and was the best QB in the WYMT area other than Elam at corbin. They moved one of the best athletes in the state in moore to receiver and larkey out of the backfield as much. And playcalling is so much different. So the 4-7 team is not even comparable. I will backtrack a little as say that caden woolum at Belfry can be put in those top 5 guys. 

Friggin Paris must be an absolute monster.
(11-10-2023, 05:50 PM)Harry Dawg Wrote:

Rockets 42-20

Friggin Paris must be an absolute monster.
5 turnovers in one game for rock. Plus they match up about as well as they could on the outside.

Rockets 42-20

I’m not dismissing CAL, Central and Mercer ability to get the championship or as you said “your title favorite”… but don’t discount Lex Cath and/ or Lloyd Memorial. Have you not watch them them play or heard about them? You said 2-3 teams that can guard Rock? Try all 5 of mentioned teams and much better, quicker, faster and more athletic out in space.
2 mins to kickoff

Jackson took it to 8 on LC kickoff

Gotta love that speed

1st pass was little high 2n goal on 8

LC defense stiff now 3rd 6 on 6

4th goal inside 1

TD rock!

That was 1min 12 seconds TD!
Rock 7
LC 0
10:48 1st
7-0 rockcastle. 4th down half yard run in
Let’s see if LC can keep up

Some nice tackles by Rock facing 3rd and 9 for LC

Pass went for catch but big tackle for 3 loss

4th down an 12

Rock second position at own 36

Another first down Rock

LC stiff rock to punt

Missed two open receivers back to back

Bad snap but missed helmet to hemlet

LC near midfield

Holding on LC

Rock declines

Nearly INT but now 4th 9

Bad idea to go for it on Rock

Now 1st 10 o LC 40

LC attempting to draw us off side nearly did twice but reset an they get delay of game

Once flag was thrown they wave off said LC Called timeout

Rock defense is playing better than offense
Sounds about right.  LC wastes a few timeouts every game trying to draw someone offside.  Apparently, the coach doesn’t trust them enough to call a play
3r sand 19

4th an 19

Rock 1st and 10 on own 44

Rock running throwing

End of 1st

Rock 7
LC 0
Rockcastle 7-0 lawrence end of 1st
Rock to go for it 4th an 3 on LC 27

Warren falls on LC 37

LC 1st and 10 on their 37

LC can’t get their offense going Rock defense is in back field all night so far

All week we heard about LC defense might be early but Rock defense has showed up tonight

3rd and 13

4th down and 4 LC to go for it

No jump by Rock an LC calls second time out

LC to punt

LC fumble ruled down big miss

4th and 7 for LC on Rock 29

Rock in the backfield yet again for loss

Rock take over 1st and 10 LC 32

68 yard bomb!!

Warren to Moore!!! On money baby

Wasn’t it purty LC?

Rock 14