Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Lawrence County
63.64%
Rockcastle County
36.36%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Lawrence County at Rockcastle County 11/10 Friday Night
Lawrence County (8-3)
Aug 18, 23 Rowan County away (W) 34 - 14 
Aug 25, 23 Shelby Valley home (L) 0 - 14 Lawrence County Farm Bureau Bowl 
Sep 1, 23 Perry County Central home (W) 38 - 14 
Sep 15, 23 Harlan County away (W) 44 - 20 
Sep 22, 23 Estill County home (W) 33 - 12 
Sep 29, 23 Belfry away (L) 6 - 14 
Oct 6, 23 Magoffin County home (W) 35 - 14 
Oct 13, 23 Powell County away (W) 36 - 0 
Oct 20, 23 Boyd County home (L) 14 - 22 
Oct 27, 23 Mason County home (W) 20 - 14 
Nov 3, 23 Knox Central home (W) 43 - 6 Class 3A 2023 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals

Rockcastle County (10-1)
Aug 18, 23 Anderson County away (W) 53 - 15 Century Bank Bowl 
Aug 25, 23 Pineville home (W) 56 - 14 Renfro Valley Jamboree Bowl 
Sep 1, 23 Frankfort home (W) 1 - 0 - (forfeit) 
Sep 8, 23 Grant County home (W) 63 - 27 Momentum Courier Hunger Bowl 
Sep 15, 23 Paris away (L) 37 - 39 
Sep 22, 23 Clay County home (W) 63 - 28 
Sep 29, 23 Bell County away (W) 40 - 38 
Oct 13, 23 McCreary Central home (W) 42 - 12 
Oct 20, 23 Knox Central away (W) 52 - 14 
Oct 27, 23 Casey County home (W) 27 - 13 
Nov 2, 23 Estill County home (W) 49 - 12 Class 3A 2023 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals

Recent History
Nov 19, 1999 Lawrence County 48 Rockcastle County 14 1999 Class AAA Tournament Quarter Finals Class AAA
Nov 3, 2000 Rockcastle County 42 Lawrence County 6 2000 Class AAA Tournament
Nov 7, 2003 Rockcastle County 14 Lawrence County 12 2003 Class AAA Football State Tournament
Nov 5, 2004 Rockcastle County 42 Lawrence County 20 2004 Class AAA Football State Tournament
Nov 5, 2010 Lawrence County 40 Rockcastle County 20 2010 Class 4A KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...477a513d3d
2 very physical teams will collide in this one. Both teams are pumped up and looking to advance in the playoffs!
An explosive offense of the rock collides with one of the best defenses in 3a
Don't over look these 2 teams!!

I'm going with coach short and the dawgs. 7-3 team upsets a 10-1 team!! Talan has to capitalize and have an outstanding game on his end!! If they are going to have a deep run in the playoffs in the future they must win this road game!!
Lc 22
Rock 17
If this was at Lawrence I would pick them. If your a Larwence fan bring a soft seat and some ice, you're going to need it!
Going with the Rock in a close one in a shootout

Rockcastle County 42
Lawrence County 35
Lawrence is 8-3, not 7-3. I will always take a solid defense over a high powered offense. I would be shocked, and I mean shocked if Rockcastle scores 42 on this defense. That doesn’t mean it can’t happen but I don’t see that happening. I think this will be a low scoring game with defenses playing very well. Both teams are physical, coming off solid first round wins. I believe Lawrence played the more complete game in the first round against better competition. I believe their game against Mason has prepared them for facing Rockcastle and a quarterback that is explosive.
(11-05-2023, 11:18 AM)FallRock Wrote: If this was at Lawrence I would pick them. If your a Larwence fan bring a soft seat and some ice, you're going to need it!
What do mean bout “bring a soft seat and some ice”? Visitors bleachers are awful?
(11-05-2023, 11:52 AM)Cafe Mocha Wrote:
(11-05-2023, 11:18 AM)FallRock Wrote: If this was at Lawrence I would pick them. If your a Larwence fan bring a soft seat and some ice, you're going to need it!
What do mean bout “bring a soft seat and some ice”? Visitors bleachers are awful?

The last time I was there their facilities and field were just plain awful
[-] The following 1 user Likes RTruth's post:
  • Cafe Mocha
(11-05-2023, 12:16 PM)RTruth Wrote:
(11-05-2023, 11:52 AM)Cafe Mocha Wrote:

Yikes ? sucks to be a visitor then.
It’s all part of it. Do schools need to provide better visitor bleachers? Sure, but they are a lot better than many that I have seen during my time traveling around.

I can admit this with full confidence, Lawrence is much better than their record of 8-3 shows. They could easily be with an undefeated record. This is going to be a dog fight ( no pun intended) on Friday night. If you’re in the area, you will want to come watch this one.
Interesting game against two programs trying to find relevance after years of lying doormat. LC has a very solid Defense….quick LB’s who play the ball well. Rockcastle has some offensive weapons and a pretty fair defense themselves. With the game being at Rock….gotta go with the home team. IMO, the young and inexperienced dawgs will have a hiccup or two…. Rock by 10
Toss up game. I’ll go with the Dawgs in a close one over the rockets.
the best 5 players lc has faced all year will be on the field friday night for rock if healthy. LC will have to control the clock to stay in it. Everyone says it is a great defense but looking at the schedule, the only teams with a pulse they lost. and none of them have rock caliber speed.

Rockets 42-20
They got beat by Paris. How good could they be?
(11-05-2023, 07:30 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: the best 5 players lc has faced all year will be on the field friday night for rock if healthy. LC will have to control the clock to stay in it. Everyone says it is a great defense but looking at the schedule, the only teams with a pulse they lost. and none of them have rock caliber speed.

Rockets 42-20
Rock has a pretty watered down schedule theirself. Only played 2 teams that have a small chance at something.

I'm just curious what do I need to bring ice for?? Lol
It's gonna be a crazy atmosphere because I can see LC having a good attendance as well
(11-05-2023, 07:37 PM)Senters_93 Wrote:
(11-05-2023, 07:30 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: the best 5 players lc has faced all year will be on the field friday night for rock if healthy. LC will have to control the clock to stay in it. Everyone says it is a great defense but looking at the schedule, the only teams with a pulse they lost. and none of them have rock caliber speed.

Rockets 42-20
Rock has a pretty watered down schedule theirself. Only played 2 teams that have a small chance at something.

I'm just curious what do I need to bring ice for?? Lol
It's gonna be a crazy atmosphere because I can see LC having a good attendance as well

oh you'll know once you play there.
LC will bring plenty of people, you don’t have to worry about that. The teams that Rockcastle beat in the playoffs, outside of Bell, are terrible!

Interesting fact, if I did the Math correct, both teams opponents records are 53-66.

Interesting fact, if I did the Math correct, both teams opponents records are 53-66. So much for Lawrence playing a much weaker schedule.
(11-05-2023, 12:16 PM)RTruth Wrote:

Normal metal bleachers on the visitors side that are elevated. same bleachers like 90% of other high schools have. Been like that since the early 2000. Visitors locker room is small but other then that probably one of the best places to take in a game. Nothing fancy. Grass field like football should be played on. Down in a valley.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Rockcastle 49
Lawrence 37
(11-05-2023, 01:41 PM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: It’s all part of it. Do schools need to provide better visitor bleachers? Sure, but they are a lot better than many that I have seen during my time traveling around.

I can admit this with full confidence, Lawrence is much better than their record of 8-3 shows. They could easily be with an undefeated record. This is going to be a dog fight ( no pun intended) on Friday night. If you’re in the area, you will want to come watch this one.

Probably the worst 8-3 team to ever lose to Shelby Valley and Boyd County at home. Seriously, had to put it out there. Rock lost to Paris so who knows lol. I'm rooting for LC.
I respect that, but Lawrence beat themselves more so than the opposing teams did. I know, it’s always easy to say that when you lose but it is what it is. Boyd isn’t bad and everyone knew Valley had a really good offense, but Lawrence couldn’t snap the ball and still was in the game.

Both of those teams still in the playoffs also lol
LC doesn’t have the same speed Rock has. Rock offense will be the best LC has seen all year. If LC defense is the real deal I still believe we score 4-5 TD. I seriously don’t see them holding rock to no 14 points. I’ll take Rock

Rock 35
LC 14/20
How do you know that the LC defense doesn’t have the speed as Rock’s offense? So you’re saying Rock’s offense is better than Belfry? I would even go as far as saying they have seen offenses as good as Rock. Belfry was good, Shelby Valley was good, Perry Central was good. Heck, even Boyd and Mason had good offenses with really good quarterbacks.
(11-06-2023, 10:50 AM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: How do you know that the LC defense doesn’t have the speed as Rock’s offense? So you’re saying Rock’s offense is better than Belfry? I would even go as far as saying they have seen offenses as good as Rock. Belfry was good, Shelby Valley was good, Perry Central was good. Heck, even Boyd and Mason had good offenses with really good quarterbacks.
You will see Friday what  I’m talking about. Our QB is amazing and can win most games single handily but we have weapons at his disposal. We have 2 speedy receivers and 1 that don’t drop hardly anything. You put them together and it’s something special. He has 1894 passing and 997 rushing yards and 41 TDs
(11-06-2023, 12:06 PM)SmashMouth17 Wrote:
(11-06-2023, 10:50 AM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: How do you know that the LC defense doesn’t have the speed as Rock’s offense? So you’re saying Rock’s offense is better than Belfry? I would even go as far as saying they have seen offenses as good as Rock. Belfry was good, Shelby Valley was good, Perry Central was good. Heck, even Boyd and Mason had good offenses with really good quarterbacks.
You will see Friday what  I’m talking about. Our QB is amazing and can win most games single handily but we have weapons at his disposal. We have 2 speedy receivers and 1 that don’t drop hardly anything. You put them together and it’s something special. He has 1894 passing and 997 rushing yards and 41 TDs
After hearing Smash Mouth’s analysis of Rockcastle, I’m fully convinced they could beat the Georgia Bulldogs
[-] The following 5 users Like Walter White's post:
  • BEChargers, Hi Risk Warrior, Iggyfan, Khalisimo, Rip/Spin
(11-06-2023, 12:06 PM)SmashMouth17 Wrote:
He's got great stats bud. Win lose or draw, both teams are coming in thirsty.
It's gonna be a tough game for Rockcastle. Lawrence County took Belfry down to a one score game. That says a lot to me about Lawrence County as does the Boyd one score game and Boyd being pretty good this year. I'd say it's a toss up with the slight advantage to Rockcastle at home after Lawrence has that long drive that day. I was at the 2010 game that they posted above which was the last time Rockcastle played Lawrence. My two sons were in that game. I have perspective on that drive and I wasn't on a school bus...but I wasn't 17 years old either and feeling young and full of piss and vinegar. It's gonna be a tough game for both teams.
Forgive Smashmouth for his enthusiasm. He's a Rock fan through and through and if they played, the Rockets actually WOULD beat the Georgia Bulldogs if Rockcastle had home field advantage. He expects a win every time from his team. Can't fault that other than his enthusiasm comes through as cockiness on here. He's a decent guy after you get to know him.
[-] The following 2 users Like papagrit's post:
  • Advicegiver74, dbcooper

to cool your smoked hind end off.
Rockets 35-21
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • papagrit
(11-06-2023, 02:06 PM)papagrit Wrote: It's gonna be a tough game for Rockcastle.  Lawrence County took Belfry down to a one score game.  That says a lot to me about Lawrence County as does the Boyd one score game and Boyd being  pretty good this year.  I'd say it's a toss up with the slight advantage to Rockcastle at home after Lawrence has that long drive that day.  I was at the 2010 game that they posted above which was the last time Rockcastle played Lawrence.  My two sons were in that game.  I have perspective on that drive and I wasn't on a school bus...but I wasn't 17 years old either and feeling young and full of piss and vinegar.  It's gonna be a tough game for both teams.
Forgive Smashmouth for his enthusiasm.  He's a Rock fan through and through and if they played, the Rockets actually WOULD beat the Georgia Bulldogs if Rockcastle had home field advantage.  He expects a win every time from his team.  Can't fault that other than his enthusiasm comes through as cockiness on here.  He's a decent guy after you get to know him.

Smashmouth is a little delusional at times, but I'm one of his biggest fans. He loves his team no matter what.
(11-06-2023, 02:16 PM)pjdoug Wrote: Rockets 35-21
You think Rockcastle's offense is 3 touchdowns better than Belfry's?