Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Lawrence County
63.64%
Rockcastle County
36.36%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Lawrence County at Rockcastle County 11/10 Friday Night
I have been more impressed with Rock defense over the last 4 games. They have improved so much over the course of this year. Rock has some good athletes on the defense side too a lot of young players freshman sophomores an juniors. Just some defense stats to chew on 18 fumble recoveries 2 for TDs along with 12 INT 5 took to the house for pick 6s. 589 total tackles of which 81 were tackle for losses and add to that 25 sacks. Those are pretty good defense numbers bc a lot of players tend to pressure the qb and are in the backfield a lot of the night.
Nice stats for sure! Of those 589, 111 by one player which is Hunter Pingleton. The closest guy to him has 58. Mullins is the sack leader with 6.5 on the year, that’s a solid year for sure. Pingleton has 5 and Powell has 4.

Interceptions- Larkey has 3, 2 of those for touchdowns. Warren has 3, he returned 1 for a TD. Moore has 2, he returned 1. Lovell has 2, Jackson with 1, and Mullins has 1 which he returned for a TD.

Lawrence County has 6 interceptions also by 6 different players.

Williams, Ratcliffe, Johnson, Pollock, McDavid, and Fletcher all with 1 apiece.

Lawrence (#14 in 3A) has rushed for 2,252 yards on 375 rushing attempts for an average of 205 a game and 6 yards per carry.

Rockcastle ( #13 in 3A) has rushed for 2,112 yards on 253 rushing attempts for an average of 211 a game and 8 yards per carry.

Defense

Lawrence is ranked #11 in 3A, only given up 1,364 yards on the season for an average of 124 a game.

Rockcastle is ranked #14 in 3A, only given up 1,332 yards on the season for an average of 133 a game. (Note: Khsaa only has 10 games listed for Rockcastle as well).

Rockcastle is #4 in 3A in passing with 1,914 yards for an average of 191 per game. Lawrence is ranked #16 in team passing defense. Don’t let that fool you though, they have only surrendered 1,106 yards through the air on the season for an average of 101 per game and they are only giving up 13 points per game.
Rockcastle by 7.
The Rock keeps a rollin'!
Looking forward to being there on Friday night. It’s going to be cool and wet, perfect for a Friday night football game.
(11-06-2023, 02:25 PM)Harry Dawg Wrote:
(11-06-2023, 02:16 PM)pjdoug Wrote: Rockets 35-21
You think Rockcastle's offense is 3 touchdowns better than Belfry's?

Rockcastle isn't playing against Belfry.
(11-07-2023, 08:19 PM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: Looking forward to being there on Friday night. It’s going to be cool and wet, perfect for a Friday night football game.
Sounds like a great night for ground and pound football
(11-06-2023, 02:25 PM)Harry Dawg Wrote:
(11-06-2023, 02:16 PM)pjdoug Wrote: Rockets 35-21
You think Rockcastle's offense is 3 touchdowns better than Belfry's?

I don't
What they mean is that Belfry scored 14 points on Lawrence. If you think Rockcastle will score 35 then you’re saying their offense is 3 touchdowns better than Belfry's offense. Of course they’re not playing Belfry, but they are playing the same defense that held Belfry to 14 ( all in the first half, 0 in 2nd half) on their home field.

Thought this needed some clarification.

It’s hard for me to say that Rockcastle is or isn’t three touchdowns better than Belfry offensively . I will let you know after Friday.
(11-08-2023, 10:28 AM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: What they mean is that Belfry scored 14 points on Lawrence. If you think Rockcastle will score 35 then you’re saying their offense is 3 touchdowns better than Belfry's offense. Of course they’re not playing Belfry, but they are playing the same defense that held Belfry to 14 ( all in the first half, 0 in 2nd half) on their home field.

It’s hard for me to say that Rockcastle is or isn’t three touchdowns better than Belfry offensively . I will let you know after Friday.
Correct.  For that matter, is Rockcastle's offense 3 touchdowns better than any offense Lawrence has played this year?  Boyd and Shelby Valley are both decent offensively.  Mason had some speed and athletes (but not much coaching).  I don't see either team scoring in the 30s in this game.
(11-08-2023, 10:28 AM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: What they mean is that Belfry scored 14 points on Lawrence. If you think Rockcastle will score 35 then you’re saying their offense is 3 touchdowns better than Belfry's offense. Of course they’re not playing Belfry, but they are playing the same defense that held Belfry to 14 ( all in the first half, 0 in 2nd half) on their home field.

So by your philosophy Belfry has a better defense than Lawrence County and Shelby Valley is even better than that one held Lawrence to 7 and the other held Lawrence to a goose egg it is hilarious how you guys judge a football teams so what would Lawrence or Rock stats look like if they played Pikeville,Johnson Central,Ashland,Raceland and Southwestern I have no idea and that’s a fact and neither do any of you guys. Then you said it’s going to be a wet and cool night Friday and that helps Lawrence County and after the Shelby Valley game all you guys said if it hadn’t been wet Lawrence would have won, really an amusing thread this has turned into
[-] The following 1 user Likes Patriot1's post:
  • OutlawJoseyWales
(11-08-2023, 11:36 AM)Patriot1 Wrote:

So by your philosophy Belfry has a better defense than Lawrence County and Shelby Valley is even better than that one held Lawrence to 7 and the other held Lawrence to a goose egg it is hilarious how you guys judge a football teams so what would Lawrence or Rock stats look like if they played Pikeville,Johnson Central,Ashland,Raceland and Southwestern I have no idea and that’s a fact and neither do any of you guys. Then you said it’s going to be a wet and cool night Friday and that helps Lawrence County and after the Shelby Valley game all you guys said if it hadn’t been wet Lawrence would have won, really an amusing thread this has turned into
How are you this dense?  We aren't talking about Lawrence's offensive performance against Belfry, Shelby Valley, or anyone else.  PJDoug predicted that Rockcastle would score 35 points against Lawrence.  Nobody else on LC's schedule, including Belfry and Shelby Valley, scored over 14 points on Lawrence's defense.  The question asked, surely to be answered Friday night, is whether Rockcastle's offense is 3 TDs better than Belfry's (or SV, Mason, Boyd, etc.).  Neither I nor lcgrad2002 is making a prediction about the outcome of the game.  We're simply pointing out that LC has played decent defense this year, and that it would be surprising if Rockcastle is able to hang 35 on them Friday.  Maybe they will!
That’s exactly right! As for the wet field, wouldn’t we all agree that a wet field favors a running team compared to a throwing team? Yes Lawrence had snap issues against Valley, but that has been addressed. All teams struggle snap and protect the ball when it’s wet, that’s why teams practice wet ball drills. Anybody who has played the sport knows the struggle. I’m sure there have been teams that can win throwing it in the rain but I would say for the majority it favors a team who runs compared to throwing. Does that make sense to you?

As for If Rockcastle if they played those teams. No one knows but I’m guessing with those teams mentioned it would be very difficult for Rockcastle to be 10-1.
(11-08-2023, 12:13 PM)Harry Dawg Wrote:

How are you this dense?  We aren't talking about Lawrence's offensive performance against Belfry, Shelby Valley, or anyone else.  PJDoug predicted that Rockcastle would score 35 points against Lawrence.  Nobody else on LC's schedule, including Belfry and Shelby Valley, scored over 14 points on Lawrence's defense.  The question asked, surely to be answered Friday night, is whether Rockcastle's offense is 3 TDs better than Belfry's (or SV, Mason, Boyd, etc.).  Neither I nor lcgrad2002 is making a prediction about the outcome of the game.  We're simply pointing out that LC has played decent defense this year, and that it would be surprising if Rockcastle is able to hang 35 on them Friday.  Maybe they will!
I may be dense but the statement was made that except for 1 game the defense has held every one to 14 and that game their was a pick 6 so the defense still held them to 14 which is a fact and I believe facts not opinions and I know they are predicting a game which hasn’t been played but In my opinion if they had played ( and I mean both teams in this thread) played better teams that stat may look different on the defensive side of the ball now that is opinion and I do think Lawrence County wins this game which is my opinion but how it turns out is up to those young man on the field but which ever team wins is the better team that night unless it’s like the Ashland game and refs give a touchdown that wasn’t a touchdown or how Somerset lost a game but this thread is still hilarious
So factually speaking, Lawrence held 7 opponents to 14 points ( Harlan had 20 , 1 was a kickoff), Boyd 13 ( pick 6 and safety), Estill was 12, Powell 0, and Knox Central 6

The Belfry game was 14 points, all of which in the first half also. Dawgs shut them out in 2nd half. Shelby Valley was 8-0 in 4th quarter. Boyd game, Lawrence had the lead in the 4th. All of that to prove that Lawrence’s defense is good. How good? I believe they’re legit and each week they prove it. I go back to the Belfry game for a reason. They held the Pirates to 14 first half points on homecoming, less than Pikeville, Johnson Central, GRC, and Southwestern had so yeah I believe in this defense.

Now, as for this week. All of this is hypothetical. We won’t know until these two play and we can discuss after. Best of luck to the Bulldogs as they prepare. Just a couple more days!

Go Bulldogs!
(11-08-2023, 12:13 PM)Harry Dawg Wrote:

So I’m asking for a friend having trouble understanding this logic
Belfry, Perry central, magoffin co, Shelby valley, mason county, and rowen county are all equal teams because they scored 14 on Lawrence county, and Harlan co is the best team they have played this year because they score 20 points is this correct?
these two fanbases are perfect for each other. gimme the dawgs by 14.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Khalisimo's post:
  • Walt Longmire
(11-08-2023, 04:27 PM)ScratchGolf Wrote:
(11-08-2023, 12:13 PM)Harry Dawg Wrote:

Belfry, Perry central, magoffin co, Shelby valley, mason county, and rowen county are all equal teams because they scored 14 on Lawrence county, and Harlan co is the best team they have played this year because they score 20 points is this correct?

And to just make the Harlan county game worse only 2 teams allowed 20 points to Harlan co

South Laurel
Lawrence co
[/quote]
[/quote]

Harlan scored on a kickoff return.  The other 2 scores were a long pass on a blown coverage and a garbage time TD against the JV.  I think LC gave up something in the neighborhood of 100 yards to Harlan, with one play accounting for something like 75 yards.  So if you're trying to use that game against LC, try again.  Once more for the hard of hearing, I'm not predicting a Lawrence win (or loss).  I'm just pointing out an interesting matchup between Rockcastle's explosive offense and Lawrence's defense, which has been the strength of the team all season.
No, not all the teams are equal because they scored the same amount. Belfry is the best team they have faced this year and LC held them to 14, that’s just a fact. Now, SV, PCC, Mason and Boyd may mot have the best records but they are good football teams with solid quarterbacks. Is Rockcastle better than those teams? Again, we will find out on Friday. Is Lawrence as good as Bell or Paris? We will find that out too. All of this is for good fun, there isn’t anything personal. Everyone is passionate and believes in their team as they should.
(11-08-2023, 05:12 PM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: No, not all the teams are equal because they scored the same amount. Belfry is the best team they have faced this year and LC held them to 14, that’s just a fact. Now, SV, PCC, Mason and Boyd may mot have the best records but they are good football teams with solid quarterbacks. Is Rockcastle better than those teams? Again, we will find out on Friday. Is Lawrence as good as Bell or Paris? We will find that out too. All of this is for good fun, there isn’t anything personal. Everyone is passionate and believes in their team as they should.
Personally I have nothing against you lcgrad but your logic is so bias now you commented that the bad snaps beat your team at Shelby Valley and it could have very well have  but that night the fact is Shelby Valley was the better team than LC but if they played 10 times(one of your fellow poster stated) they would win 9 of them now that’s opinion not fact just like the Raceland and Pikeville game which was 7 to 6 Raceland won the game and that night Raceland was the better team where there plays that could have turn the game the other way yes they were but the fact is Raceland won so that night they were the better team now by your logic if Belfry hadn’t fumbled 3 or 4 times I don’t remember which number it was they would have scored 21 more point but that’s not what happened so it’s not a fact. There is always in games that are close if the losing team made some of the plays they could have the score might have been different so hopefully LC makes those plays Friday night and gets the win but if they don’t the other team that night was the better team.Now you are a passionate Lawrence County fan and have every right to be so good luck this weekend and travel safe
(11-08-2023, 05:12 PM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: No, not all the teams are equal because they scored the same amount. Belfry is the best team they have faced this year and LC held them to 14, that’s just a fact. Now, SV, PCC, Mason and Boyd may mot have the best records but they are good football teams with solid quarterbacks. Is Rockcastle better than those teams? Again, we will find out on Friday. Is Lawrence as good as Bell or Paris? We will find that out too. All of this is for good fun, there isn’t anything personal. Everyone is passionate and believes in their team as they should.

I’m just trying to help you understand your logic is ridiculous I could care less who wins but you think a 1 win Harlan team is 6 points better then Belfry, you allowed 20 points to Harlan co bell or Whitley didn’t give up nothing to them idc if it’s a pick 6 or a punt return you still allowed 20 points that puts you in the same spot of south Laurel the only 2 teams Harlan score 20 points against that’s unacceptable for a elite defense sorry bud
(11-08-2023, 05:56 PM)Patriot1 Wrote:
Personally I have nothing against you lcgrad but your logic is so bias now you commented that the bad snaps beat your team at Shelby Valley and it could have very well have  but that night the fact is Shelby Valley was the better team than LC but if they played 10 times(one of your fellow poster stated) they would win 9 of them now that’s opinion not fact just like the Raceland and Pikeville game which was 7 to 6 Raceland won the game and that night Raceland was the better team where there plays that could have turn the game the other way yes they were but the fact is Raceland won so that night they were the better team now by your logic if Belfry hadn’t fumbled 3 or 4 times I don’t remember which number it was they would have scored 21 more point but that’s not what happened so it’s not a fact. There is always in games that are close if the losing team made some of the plays they could have the score might have been different so hopefully LC makes those plays Friday night and gets the win but if they don’t the other team that night was the better team.Now you are a passionate Lawrence County fan and have every right to be so good luck this weekend and travel safe
Patriot…Those self inflicted turnovers are forgotten about. That is a fact  Heart
It's hard to appreciate the LC/Shelby Valley game unless you were there. I'm not saying LC would've or should've won the game, but the snapping issues were so bad LC had no shot of competing. I don't think most LC posters on here are making excuses for the loss. I'm certainly not. But if I was setting the point spread on this week's LC game I wouldn't put too much stock into that game one way or the other.
Just like coach said before the season started. Be patient. Lc is a young team. Players make mistakes. Hopefully the Dawgs worked thru most of them

Go Defense

(11-08-2023, 07:28 PM)Senters_93 Wrote: Just like coach said before the season started. Be patient. Lc is a young team. Players make mistakes. Hopefully the Dawgs worked thru most of them

Go Defense
The truth is, LC can burn you from all different directions, and rockcastle can too. So see yall friday and let the kids talk for themselves
(11-08-2023, 01:39 PM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: That’s exactly right! As for the wet field, wouldn’t we all agree that a wet field favors a running team compared to a throwing team? Yes Lawrence had snap issues against Valley, but that has been addressed. All teams struggle snap and protect the ball when it’s wet, that’s why teams practice wet ball drills. Anybody who has played the sport knows the struggle. I’m sure there have been teams that can win throwing it in the rain but I would say for the majority it favors a team who runs compared to throwing. Does that make sense to you?

As for If Rockcastle if they played those teams. No one knows but I’m guessing with those teams mentioned it would be very difficult for Rockcastle to be 10-1.
10-1 with probably a loss to belfry at belfry. Boyd wouldn’t match up and shelby valley is interesting cause they could both score some point but rock still wins.
I am bias but I also have no problem admitting when a team is better, I just haven’t seen it yet. Valley was the better team that night, but Lawrence beat themselves and had self inflicted turnovers and played behind chains all night because of bad snaps, that’s facts. Belfry may have scored 21 points or more, but they didn’t. Lawrence played great defense all night. It was two plays, missed tackles that gave up the two touchdowns by two great players who made two great runs, that’s facts.
Have been to all the games at Rockcastle when they played LC.
Has the location of the football field changed?
No, it’s the same.
I would argue that LC has never seen a qb all season with as much talent and heart as Tucker Warren has. However as everyone like to state that’s just opinion. So I do you one better here is his career numbers which are that of very few qb to ever play the game in the state KY. His career numbers are as follows:
6,000 passing yards
3,000 rushing yards
109 TDs 67 passing 42 rushing
Has accounted for td scores in 41/42 games. All while having a high 61% completion rate. Hard to argue his numbers and how special of a kid he really is and what a difference he makes for the Rockets. Add two wide receivers this year whom both have over 700 yards that’s what makes our offense so special but just hand tight only two more days an all this will get settled.